PDA

View Full Version : URGENT Change needed! RonPaul2008.com. Please call HQ.

Shaun
12-15-2007, 01:50 AM
Guys,
It's just hit me that something is different about the Ronpaul2008.com site than on Nov 5th. Based on my marketing radar going off the richter scale I know it's not trivial, else I wouldn't post.
On Nov 5th the "widget money counter" was the ONLY focus on that area of the site.
Updating on every refresh and auto every minute or so.
That's NOT the situation now and it needs to be as the "widget money counter" sets up a fascinating (for the viewer) "internet high.." as the total mounts.
As of 5 minutes ago, if you are on the RonPaul2008.com site, the "widget money counter" is shut down by other screens loading.
So, PROBLEM: "Widget money counter is now NOT a single point of focus on the home page"
SOLUTION: Change the set up of home page back to a duplicate or similar of NOV 5TH...in other words "make it all about the money, all the time, until say Tuesday or Wednesday of next week..

So, Please call HQ or whoever is in charge of the mainsite and get these suggestions over to them.
There is no time on this one. Please assist if you agree with my analysis. I wouldn't have posted to waste anyones time, I believe this is an important distinction...
Please advise.
Thanks.
Shaun.

pikerz
12-15-2007, 01:52 AM
Yes this is important.

Not everyone knows to go to Ronpaulgraphs.com.

This modification is very urgent for the duration of the money bomb.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-15-2007, 01:54 AM
Yeah true, they need to set it back.

islather
12-15-2007, 01:56 AM
If you click on the "12 Million to win" to the left of the widget then it wont change.

But it would be better to use the widgets on one of the other sites

Paulite5112007
12-15-2007, 01:57 AM
I agree, the campaign should freeze that counter somewhere on the site. I like the changes on the screen though. I just think the counter should be permanent somewhere above the fold.

jlink7
12-15-2007, 01:57 AM
I disagree. It's still the first image that pops up when you load the page. You really think people that care are going to load the page and not see it? Anybody that wants to track the progress will do so on ronpaulgraphs or by *gasp* clicking back on the tab to see the money applet again.

pikerz
12-15-2007, 01:58 AM
new people will not know what we know.

the widget needs to be frozen on the counter and the counter only.

seeing those numbers go up motivated us all to keep on giving!!

Paul4Prez
They need to make a lot more room at the top of the thermometer, too!

I've read several news reports where the reporters thought the total was for the year, instead of just the fourth quarter. They might want to note when the counter started, too.

Shaun
islather...
People won't click on the '12m to win' that's THE POINT.
We need to set this back to EXACTLY how it was on NOV 5TH.
I'm telling you this is vital.
Whoever has the most influence with HQ, PLEASE get this message to them.
If this isn't fixed this will impact the WOW factor we are going for.

Shaun
12-15-2007, 02:00 AM
NEW PEOPLE WILL NOT KNOW WHAT WE KNOW.
Guys, we need to make the focus all about the cash, I have done a lot of study over the last decade on site development and internet associative marketing, I'm certain that NOV 5TH was somewhat pumped up by that ticker resetting every 30 secs or better...
Help me with this please..

jmcmsu
12-15-2007, 02:06 AM
No it's good that it switches because new people will be forced to learn about ron paul and his positions. Rather than just watching the money (which it's pretty easy to figure out how to pause it) they will be exposed to Ron Paul without ever having to click onto different sections of the website.

Paulite5112007
12-15-2007, 02:09 AM
I think the money update and feed is the single greatest reason so many people donate on those days. It's instant feedback, instant gratification and people intantly feel they are part of something. It's a thrill watching it and motivates people as it rises.

It needs to be frozen.

Chibioz
12-15-2007, 02:11 AM
It is kind of annoying pausing that thing every time

Shaun
12-15-2007, 02:12 AM
Agreed completely. Anyone who understands the DOPAMINE feedback system in web consumers understands what you are saying below. Please push your idea. I have to get this done somehow.

"I think the money update and feed is the single greatest reason so many people donate on those days. It's instant feedback, instant gratification and people intantly feel they are part of something. It's a thrill watching it and motivates people as it rises.

It needs to be frozen"

pikerz
12-15-2007, 02:14 AM
People can click the other links if they so desire.

Most the people showing up will already know why they are donating, and will be there to see the all the fireworks.

Theres no reason to risk any complications with changes, however small, when we already have a formula that is proven to work!

dspectre
12-15-2007, 02:20 AM
Bump for greater justice!!

I agree, someone needs to call the campaign!

Cardinal Red
12-15-2007, 02:20 AM
I hope the campaign heeds this advice-- If we lose visual focus on the counter, we could literally lose hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars tomorrow.

dspectre
12-15-2007, 02:22 AM
When somebody calls please update us.

burningfur
12-15-2007, 02:24 AM
Bump!!

Menthol Patch
12-15-2007, 02:24 AM
I totally agree! We all need to contact the campaign until this change happens!

Menthol Patch
12-15-2007, 02:25 AM
I hope the campaign heeds this advice-- If we lose visual focus on the counter, we could literally lose hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars tomorrow.

Visual focus is vital.

pacelli
12-15-2007, 02:27 AM
Agreed completely. Anyone who understands the DOPAMINE feedback system in web consumers understands what you are saying below. Please push your idea. I have to get this done somehow.

"I think the money update and feed is the single greatest reason so many people donate on those days. It's instant feedback, instant gratification and people intantly feel they are part of something. It's a thrill watching it and motivates people as it rises.

It needs to be frozen"

Yep. If only for the 16th it should be changed. I agree with your assessment.

rational thinker
12-15-2007, 02:27 AM
So has anyone called?

Perry
12-15-2007, 02:28 AM
They will be changing the site tomorrow evening before 12:00pm est.

Menthol Patch
12-15-2007, 02:30 AM

How did you find that out?

rational thinker
12-15-2007, 02:31 AM

Source?

RonPaulFever
12-15-2007, 02:34 AM
That widget is more addictive than any drug and should be fixed ASAP. I'm sure the campaign knows this and will change it accordingly.

Bradley in DC
12-15-2007, 02:36 AM
I sent word to a friend at the campaign, please don't divert more of their time on more calls to them.

pacelli
12-15-2007, 02:38 AM
Thanks guys for getting this resolved, I'm sure the campaign had already been planning it anyways.

Shaun
12-15-2007, 02:40 AM
Bradley:
THANK YOU for sending the message.
It's really urgent that we get the focus on that dopamine addictive money counter.
I've actually studied the bleeding edge of this Dopamine Science at UCLA and I'm 110% certain that we need the widget set exactly as per NOV 5TH, I believe if you can help us push this through it will make a major difference to the total.
It's all about the Dopamine baby...

Thank you everyone.
Shaun.

Perry
12-15-2007, 02:43 AM
How did you find that out?

You don't think they'll be modifying the flash for the 16th?
Trust me the campaign is very aware that the flash module was a big part part of nov5th. They've all talked about how amazing it was to sit there and be hypnotized by it. These guys are on the ball.

Shaun
12-15-2007, 02:45 AM
Perry:
I trust and hope you are right...I really do.
Just to be 111% certain, follow up with Bradley...
Thanks for the info.
Shaun.

Energy
12-15-2007, 02:46 AM
Dopamine Drip, drip, drip...

Til the DAM BURSTS!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBCiF9tPn9I

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/2551/img315um2.jpg

Perry
12-15-2007, 02:50 AM
Perry:
I trust and hope you are right...I really do.
Just to be 111% certain, follow up with Bradley...
Thanks for the info.
Shaun.

We are in good hands. :)

Dopamine Drip, drip, drip...

Til the DAM BURSTS!!

I feel a lot better now even though every time I push this button the nurses never come. Oh that's a morphine drip?

----

Veritas Vos Liberabit
12-15-2007, 03:41 AM
This thread totally confused me until I opened the page with Firefox. I use Opera as my main browser and it doesnt change with Opera, it stays on the donation counter. There isnt even a pause or next button haha. Weird...

Paulitician
12-15-2007, 04:00 AM
Every time you call HQ... you cost them another media opportunity and God knows what else. Leave them alone!

Bradley in DC
12-15-2007, 04:16 AM
I got a reply to my friend at HQ:

"Thanks. I agree and will pass on the suggestion."

Shaun
12-15-2007, 04:58 AM
Bradley:
Thank you and well done.
I hope to hell they execute on this.
DOPAMINE CENTRAL BABY....

It's called " Neuro-Economics" and we need it working for us!

Frank? Sean?
Yeah, you two clowns, you know..that's right, that's right. F--- YOU..

LibertyEagle
12-15-2007, 05:08 AM

It needs to be frozen"

Totally agree.

Lois
12-15-2007, 05:54 AM
Thank you, Bradley!

Bradley to the rescue once again!

jlink7
12-15-2007, 05:56 AM
NEW PEOPLE WILL NOT KNOW WHAT WE KNOW.
Guys, we need to make the focus all about the cash, I have done a lot of study over the last decade on site development and internet associative marketing, I'm certain that NOV 5TH was somewhat pumped up by that ticker resetting every 30 secs or better...
Help me with this please..

You can be certain all you want, but NEW people won't WATCH the page go up for 30 seconds. They'll go to the page, see the counter, see the number, and then click on. There is absolutely NO reason for a non-dedicated voter to sit there and watch the page for more than 30 seconds. It's a BAD idea. Leave it alone.

voytechs
12-15-2007, 06:00 AM
I think they will go to a lower bandwidth volume site for that day. They also upgraded their servers few days ago in preparation for the Dec. 16th hit.

The cycling through the various screens is annoying though.

Dave Pedersen
12-15-2007, 06:04 AM
A very good point and no doubt one which will be ignored by the campaign. Sorry to be negative but the campaign enjoys clucking on the perch. They will rationalize it as being preferable to keep it the way it is to further expose people to Ron Paul's views. That is my "umble" prognostication if I know how they think. I am still bitter they cannibalized the tea party for some early money. I still say Jonathan Bydlak has reduced fourth quarter revenue by millions. But then I may be incorrect on several points.

Ron LOL
12-15-2007, 06:07 AM
I definitely agree that the the current "rotation" setup should be shelved for 12/16. In fact, it would be great if the official site were to display some of the graphs from paulcash.slact.net -- but maybe that's a little too nerdy.

Anyway, point is, it's important that the big focus on the site be the running total. That way, people can feel more connected to the effort. Some people might want to watch the total climb for more than a few seconds...

szczebrzeszyn
12-15-2007, 06:30 AM
It is kind of annoying pausing that thing every time
How true... It's probably for newcomers, but then, why don't set the cookie on the client side when you hit the pause and set the pause by default next time you visit the page. It would make much more sense. Should be paused for the teaparty anyway.

FreeTraveler
12-15-2007, 06:36 AM
OMG!! OMG!! The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Run in circles, scream and shout!

The official campaign has totally screwed us up again! We won't raise a penny because the main screen actually shows people information instead of being frozen on the money all the time.

Of course, those idiots at HQ don't have any idea what they're doing, so let's all take up their time telling them what to do instead of working on raising awareness and dollars!

Mark
12-15-2007, 07:23 AM
If you click on the "12 Million to win" to the left of the widget then it wont change.

But it would be better to use the widgets on one of the other sites.

I'll create a page on RonPaul.cc today to show graphs and a donation widget that people can use to save traffic on the main sites.

szczebrzeszyn
12-15-2007, 07:29 AM
OMG!! OMG!! The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Run in circles, scream and shout!

The official campaign has totally screwed us up again! We won't raise a penny because the main screen actually shows people information instead of being frozen on the money all the time.

Of course, those idiots at HQ don't have any idea what they're doing, so let's all take up their time telling them what to do instead of working on raising awareness and dollars!
What's your problem?

FreeTraveler
12-15-2007, 07:35 AM
What's your problem?

When you've seen one "It's the end of the world because..." thread, you've seen them all.

Of course, now everybody will jump on the bandwagon, explaining why it's so important to take up all this time, and all the campaign's time to do things the way the grassroots insists it be done.

If you're gonna jump me, make it fast... I'm getting ready to go out and wave signs for a while to raise awareness of the good doctor, so I won't be here for most of the teeth-gnashing.

lurker
12-15-2007, 08:01 AM
So no one is concerned that the "Issues" page is not fully finished?

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

New visitors will likely go there to read up on him and will see a message saying "We are currently working on expanding our Issues section".

robert4rp08
12-15-2007, 08:03 AM
it's been like that for a while. you just have to click the $12 million to tab win to keep it there.

Finn
12-15-2007, 08:26 AM
Really hope they take this suggestion into consideration.

Kacela
12-15-2007, 08:53 AM
There have been two confirmed posts in this thread that the campaign is aware of this, and changes are at the ready. Trust them.

Finn
12-16-2007, 12:45 AM
They didn't do this did they?

colecrowe
12-16-2007, 12:47 AM
They need to make a lot more room at the top of the thermometer, too!

I've read several news reports where the reporters thought the total was for the year, instead of just the fourth quarter. They might want to note when the counter started, too.

Absolutely important

AND have the total for the year on there, SO THERE IS NO CONFUSION. There was quite a bit last time

conner_condor
12-16-2007, 12:49 AM
They go pissin with it,they might have to shut the site down?

angrydragon
12-16-2007, 12:50 AM
Looks like they have it paused on the counter.

Finn
12-16-2007, 12:54 AM
Looks like they have it paused on the counter.
They have. Brilliant.