PDA

View Full Version : Focus on the Fed

amartin315
02-09-2020, 07:26 AM
I have kind of been out of the liberty loop since 2016. Lately I'm not hearing much out of Rand Paul about the Fed. Or Massie or Amash. Everything seems to be about Trump/Impeachment. Or am I just not following close enough?

When is the last time there was movement on audit the Fed? What happened to the days where Ron would pester Bernanke on CSPAN? Why isn't Rand on the Senate Banking Committee?

Fill me in

furrht
03-20-2020, 07:26 PM
We need to refocus on this. After the coronapocalypse ends let's organize some sort of audit the Fed march.

acptulsa
03-20-2020, 07:29 PM
We'll be too busy trying to calculate the value of the dollar as a fraction of the 1913 penny.

It'll be a moving (as in shrinking) target.

acptulsa
03-20-2020, 09:20 PM
At this rate there'll be no point in auditing it.

The Federal Reserve has expanded its short-term lending program, known as repo, to $1 trillion, and extended it by a month.

The Federal Reserve Bank of New York said in a statement that it will supply the funds in two $500 billion operations—one in the morning and one in the afternoon—each business day, until April 13.

While bank demand for repo funding has been low and stable this week, the Fed’s decision signals it stands ready to provide liquidity to keep markets from seizing up amid the COVID-19 crisis.

www.theepochtimes.com/fed-expands-repo-to-1-trillion-per-day-to-avert-liquidity-crunch_3280317.html

We'll be better off auditing Cottonelle.

RonPaulRocksMyWorld
03-21-2020, 12:47 PM
We'll be better off auditing Cottonelle.

Sad but true. Especially, after the second round of $3,000 checks for the average household of 4. The Chinese Wuhan Coronavirus didn't change how numbers work, but it certainly seems to have broken more people's brains on how to do math.

What's another couple of trillion dollars at this point, right?