PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh says he’s been diagnosed with lung cancer

Sammy
02-03-2020, 02:36 PM
https://apnews.com/8b8f014e633d4ac0bffc991d48457c7e?utm_campaign=Soci alFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

Danke
02-03-2020, 02:41 PM
Was Rush a smoker?

Warlord
02-03-2020, 02:45 PM
Was Rush a smoker?

Cigars. He always has a fat cigar with him

sparebulb
02-03-2020, 02:57 PM
Limp Windbag has always smoked cigars along with neocon kock.

A lot of neocon kock.

Warlord
02-03-2020, 03:04 PM

A lot of neocon kock.

Yeah he loved War and was close to Bush

Zippyjuan
02-03-2020, 04:16 PM
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-rush-limbaugh-smoking-effects-cancer-diagnosis-20200203-4ma66mowazektovzh7hg2aynhq-story.html

Rush Limbaugh denied health risks of smoking years before lung cancer diagnosis: ‘I would like a medal for smoking cigars’

Years before conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh announced on his show Monday that he’d been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer, he downplayed the health risks of smoking on his show.

The 69-year-old firebrand said he’s receiving treatment for the cancer but did not provide further details. “There are going to be days that I’m not going to be able to be here,” he said on his show Monday.

During a discussion with a caller to “The Rush Limbaugh Show” back in April 2015, Limbaugh denied second-hand smoke was a danger and said it takes 50 years for smokers to get cancer.

The caller was questioning Limbaugh’s logic that society should be thankful for smokers because of the tax money generated from the sale of tobacco products.

After asking who smokers were harming, Limbaugh denied second-hand smoke caused any deaths.

“That is a myth. That has been disproven at the World Health Organization and the report was suppressed,” Limbaugh claimed. “There is no fatality whatsoever. There’s no even major sickness component associated with secondhand smoke. It may irritate you, and you may not like it, but it will not make you sick, and it will not kill you.”

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, approximately 2,500,000 nonsmokers have died from health problems caused by exposure to secondhand smoke since 1964.

Limbaugh went on to claim “firsthand smoke” isn’t that serious either.

“Firsthand smoke takes 50 years to kill people, if it does,” he said. “Not everybody that smokes gets cancer. Now, it’s true that everybody who smokes dies, but so does everyone who eats carrots.”

Limbaugh went on to ask why the government didn’t ban tobacco if it was so dangerous before claiming the society had vilified smokers, even though “their purchases are funding children’s health care programs.”

“I would like a medal for smoking cigars, is what I’m saying,” Limbaugh added.

During the five-year-old segment, the radio host pointed to other alleged incidents of freedom being taken away from Americans such as school children in Virginia having to eat lunches planned by Michelle Obama and New York City 7/11 locations only selling Slurpees in 16-ounce sizes or smaller.

Limbaugh concluded the segment by circling back to smoking.

“I’ve never seen cause of death: Tobacco products. Not everybody who smokes gets cancer. The most shocking event in the world is when somebody gets lung cancer and they never smoked, and everybody says, ‘How the hell did that happen?’ Because everybody’s been so persuaded to believe that it’s automatic.”

George Burns smoked cigars and lived to be 100 years old. "I have had three doctors tell me to quit smoking- two are dead and the third one is developing a nasty cough."

""If I had taken my doctor's advice and quit smoking when he advised me to, I wouldn't have lived to go to his funeral. "

donnay
02-03-2020, 06:20 PM
I pray he beats it.

juleswin
02-03-2020, 06:32 PM
Heaven must be missing an angel. He will be missed

pcosmar
02-03-2020, 06:40 PM
Cigars. He always has a fat cigar with him

Should have smoked a Joint more often... would not have needed the Oxy,, and would have improved his health.

Krugminator2
02-03-2020, 06:46 PM
I find cigars to be one of life's great enjoyments. I am smoking one as. I type.

I am not saying they are good for you but Rush is the first I have ever heard of getting lung cancer from them. Winston Churchill smoked 250,000 during his lifetime and lived to be like 90. Castro lived forever smoking cigars. I watched some thing on National Geographic with oldest living man and he smoked 10 a day. Michael Jordan smoke six a day a day.

Hope the smoke Nazi's don't latch onto this.

oyarde
02-03-2020, 06:57 PM
I would guess most cigar smokers do not inhale and mostly are in danger of oral cancer like chewers and dippers . My previous dentist died before 50 of lung cancer , never smoked .

KEEF
02-03-2020, 06:57 PM
Although I can not stand the man politically, I wish him the best and hope that he beats it. Cancer sucks!

donnay
02-03-2020, 06:58 PM
Arsenic in drinking water can cause lung cancer but not many people talk about that.

https://journals.lww.com/epidem/Fulltext/2000/11000/Lung_Cancer_and_Arsenic_Concentrations_in_Drinking .10.aspx

Zippyjuan
02-03-2020, 07:24 PM
Arsenic in drinking water can cause lung cancer but not many people talk about that.

https://journals.lww.com/epidem/Fulltext/2000/11000/Lung_Cancer_and_Arsenic_Concentrations_in_Drinking .10.aspx

In people who smoked.

A meta-analysis of studies of inhalation of inorganic arsenic and cigarette smoking supports a synergistic effect of the two exposures.

the average number of cigarettes smoked per day was only 13.3.

pcosmar
02-03-2020, 07:32 PM

Too Late.. Their pseudoscience permeates the "health Care" Industry..

They also don't mention that the only Known and Definitive cause of abnormal Cell Mutation (Cancer) is Radiation..
This is known but seldom mentioned,, especially in places where radiation is in common use.(Hospitals)

RPtotheWH
02-03-2020, 08:26 PM
What about rolling weed in a cigar leaf? How bad is that on the "that's bad" scale?

Anti Federalist
02-03-2020, 08:37 PM
Too Late.. Their pseudoscience permeates the "health Care" Industry..

They also don't mention that the only Known and Definitive cause of abnormal Cell Mutation (Cancer) is Radiation..
This is known but seldom mentioned,, especially in places where radiation is in common use.(Hospitals)

Wait until the 5G networks start radiating everybody.

misterx
02-03-2020, 08:40 PM
Should have smoked a Joint more often... would not have needed the Oxy,, and would have improved his health.

Potheads are so deluded. Every form of smoke in the world is bad for your lungs except for marijuana smoke. :aok:

Ender
02-03-2020, 09:27 PM
Although I can not stand the man politically, I wish him the best and hope that he beats it. Cancer sucks!

Same.

pcosmar
02-03-2020, 09:28 PM
What about rolling weed in a cigar leaf? How bad is that on the "that's bad" scale?

I smoke both,,but not together..

My legs are failing,,not my lungs..

pcosmar
02-03-2020, 09:33 PM
Every form of smoke in the world is bad for your lungs

Perhaps at some level,,

You go live in a smoke free environment,, no cooking, no heat, and no car.
and filtered air for when the forest burns..

I'll enjoy what beneficial benefits this life has to offer. and thank God for it.

Zippyjuan
02-04-2020, 12:22 PM
Wait until the 5G networks start radiating everybody.

We should all be dropping dead from brain cancer according to fears about existing cell phone technology.

Sammy
02-04-2020, 01:01 PM

A lot of neocon kock.

He is better now on foreign policy than years ago. He praised Trump weeks ago for not starting any new wars & he admitted that he was wrong on the iraq war.

Anti Globalist
02-04-2020, 01:05 PM
I find cigars to be one of life's great enjoyments. I am smoking one as. I type.

I am not saying they are good for you but Rush is the first I have ever heard of getting lung cancer from them. Winston Churchill smoked 250,000 during his lifetime and lived to be like 90. Castro lived forever smoking cigars. I watched some thing on National Geographic with oldest living man and he smoked 10 a day. Michael Jordan smoke six a day a day.

Thats pretty fascinating. Seems like the most unhealthy people are living longer than the healthiest.

Zippyjuan
02-04-2020, 01:47 PM

Castro quit smoking at 59 (in 1985). https://www.upi.com/Archives/1985/12/23/Castro-quits-smoking/1641504162000/

RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil -- Fidel Castro, who is almost as well known for his fat Havana cigars as his Cuban revolutionary rhetoric, has quit smoking.

'I haven't lit up a cigar for several months now,' the Cuban leader said in an interview on Brazilian television Sunday night. 'I reached the conclusion long ago that the one last sacrifice I must make for (Cuban) public health is to stop smoking. I haven't really missed it that much.'

The 59-year-old leader said he started smoking at age 14 or 15, but did not realize until recently that his habit of puffing on cigars and enshrouding his face in a cloud of smoke could be dangerous to his health and to others.

Churchill?

https://www.churchillcentral.com/how-churchills-smoking-affected-his-health-problems/

In his later years, Churchill would often be seen with a cigar in his mouth. Capet believes that his smoking could be the reason why Churchill would contract pneumonia many times in his life. As a result of his smoking habits, Churchill would need to wear an oxygen mask even when he slept. He was given a pressure chamber, but was never used. He had even asked that a special oxygen mask be made for him so that he could still smoke cigars while wearing his oxygen mask.

Churchill suffered his first major stroke in 1953 after having dinner at 10 Downing Street. This left him partially paralyzed on his lower side, but he was able to hold a Cabinet meeting without anyone realizing there was something physically wrong with him. Though doctors believed he would die within the week, Churchill survived this episode. This incident marked the decline of Churchill’s health, who was always exhausted at work. He was still Prime Minister, and had his successor, Anthony Eden, been fit to take over, Churchill might have been forced to retire.

By 1955, Churchill recognized that he was not as physically and mentally capable as he was at his peak and decided to retire. A year later, he suffered another mild stroke and suffered somnambulism (also known as sleepwalking).

Churchill’s Death

Churchill suffered two more strokes in the 1960s. On 1965, Churchill suffered a major stroke that left him on his deathbed. He died nine days later in his home. It was believed that prior to his death, Churchill was suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, though it is more likely his mental state had deteriorated after suffering ten strokes throughout his life as well as increasing deafness since 1949.

Jordan is an athlete and was in good shape (does he continue to exercise? Probably). The "six cigars a day" quote was to a cigar magazine so he may have been exaggerating for their benefit though he reportedly drinks a lot too.

juleswin
02-04-2020, 02:02 PM

I am one of those smoke Nazi. I work in a heart and vascular unit and I can tell u that 90% of our non overflow patients are current or previous smokers. If it doesn't kill u with cancer, it messes up your arteries or leaves you with COPD.

People now have an opportunity to switch to e cigsif they can't quit but anyone still smoking in this age is just asking for it

Warlord
02-04-2020, 02:26 PM
People now have an opportunity to switch to e cigsif they can't quit but anyone still smoking in this age is just asking for it

I smoke 10 a day. if it was that easy to quit i would have done it long ago.

specsaregood
02-04-2020, 02:37 PM
I could have sworn he used to smoke cigarettes. Afterall, one of his catch lines he said every day was "I have it right here in my formerly nicotine-stained fingers. "

Zippyjuan
02-04-2020, 03:01 PM
I could have sworn he used to smoke cigarettes. Afterall, one of his catch lines he said every day was "I have it right here in my formerly nicotine-stained fingers. "

In 2010 he claimed he quit smoking cigarettes by using e-cigs.

https://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/marketwire/0654459.htm

Rush announced on his radio show on August 18, 2010 his switch to an electric cigarette to kick the habit and the immediate positive effects from the device. He compared the electric cigarette to other smoking cessation methods and noted the reason why he feels it is more successful for him is because it looks like a cigarette, gives the oral gratification and eliminates the tar and combustion.

juleswin
02-04-2020, 03:06 PM
I smoke 10 a day. if it was that easy to quit i would have done it long ago.

My good friend smoked for 30+ yrs and could not quit for nothing. Her dad who smoked died of lung cancer, mom had COPD but she was able to quit with e cigs. It's so much better for you that the regular cig.

I wish u the best but e cigs have assisted millions of people in quitting cigarettes

Slave Mentality
02-04-2020, 03:40 PM
Smoking sucks. Wouldn't wish cancer on anyone.

Grandmastersexsay
02-04-2020, 04:38 PM
Limbaugh has been the bane of conservatives and libertarians alike. He talks the talk, somewhat, but never walks the walk. I remember the day we found out about TARP, and hearing this buffoon supporting it and Bush.

The man has no convictions. That makes for a good radio host concerned about ratings, but not good for the voice of a political faction, which he obsessively is. His failure to criticize Republicans, in the moment, not years later, has allowed Republicans to get away with atrocities like the patriot act. No one knows what Limbaugh really believes in, if anything at all besides ratings.

It is a shame so many people on here are supporting a man who basically laughed at the idea of a Ron Paul presidency, and certainly cost him countless votes. I remember a particular day during Paul's 2008 campaign were Limbaugh got frustrated with the sheer number of Paul supporters calling in. All he would say is his usual scapegoat response, that he doesn't want to endorse any candidates, and preceded to simply ignore Paul. Limbaugh is no different than the rest of the mainstream media. The sooner he departs this earth, the better.

Anti Globalist
02-04-2020, 05:32 PM
He is better now on foreign policy than years ago. He praised Trump weeks ago for not starting any new wars & he admitted that he was wrong on the iraq war.
Would have been nice if Limbaugh realized that back then as opposed to admitting it years later. Sounds to me like hes trying to save face.

A. Havnes
02-04-2020, 05:37 PM
I am one of those smoke Nazi. I work in a heart and vascular unit and I can tell u that 90% of our non overflow patients are current or previous smokers. If it doesn't kill u with cancer, it messes up your arteries or leaves you with COPD.

Yeah, my dad died of a sudden heart attack in his 50s. He was a smoker who developed heart disease from it. He was also a big alcoholic who was battling liver disease as well.

juleswin
02-04-2020, 05:52 PM
Limbaugh has been the bane of conservatives and libertarians alike. He talks the talk, somewhat, but never walks the walk. I remember the day we found out about TARP, and hearing this buffoon supporting it and Bush.

The man has no convictions. That makes for a good radio host concerned about ratings, but not good for the voice of a political faction, which he obsessively is. His failure to criticize Republicans, in the moment, not years later, has allowed Republicans to get away with atrocities like the patriot act. No one knows what Limbaugh really believes in, if anything at all besides ratings.

It is a shame so many people on here are supporting a man who basically laughed at the idea of a Ron Paul presidency, and certainly cost him countless votes. I remember a particular day during Paul's 2008 campaign were Limbaugh got frustrated with the sheer number of Paul supporters calling in. All he would say is his usual scapegoat response, that he doesn't want to endorse any candidates, and preceded to simply ignore Paul. Limbaugh is no different than the rest of the mainstream media. The sooner he departs this earth, the better.

This needed to be said, the man sold his soul to the almighty dollar and the country paid the price. Hope he uses the time he has left and repent.

Anti Globalist
02-04-2020, 05:56 PM
My brothers best friends grandma was a heavy smoker and shes still alive in her late 80s/ early 90s. Shes become so mentally ill during the last decade that she doesn't even remember how to smoke. Whenever shes home alone they have to lock all the cabinets and turn the stove off so she doesn't burn the house down. Its also a pain driving while shes in the car not knowing if shes gonna snap and try to kill you. They really should have put her in a nursing home but for some reason they refuse.

pcosmar
02-04-2020, 06:08 PM
Yeah, my dad died of a sudden heart attack in his 50s. He was a smoker who developed heart disease from it. He was also a big alcoholic who was battling liver disease as well.

My brother died from a Heart attack at 10.. he didn't drink or smoke.

What is your point?

pcosmar
02-04-2020, 06:10 PM

What is your point?

My Dad died of a Heart Attack in 78.. worked himself to death..

sparebulb
02-04-2020, 06:15 PM
This needed to be said, the man sold his soul to the almighty dollar and the country paid the price. Hope he uses the time he has left and repent.

Agree 100%.

Remember, this guy bragged about "pissing on a tree" with his pedo friends at Bohemian Grove. He would laugh and mock the rabble that saw something sinister about it. He served up some positive pr and turned his dittoheads minds off from critically thinking about BG and what goes on there. Besides his positive pr about the Grove, he kept quiet about what goes on there, thus upholding the same membership pledge that his buddy David Gergen made.

Also remember that he couldn't praise Gingrinch and Hastert enough.

He really should make some things right before he leaves.

Swordsmyth
02-04-2020, 07:15 PM
Trump To Award Limbaugh Presidential Medal Of Freedom (https://www.zerohedge.com/political/trump-award-limbaugh-presidential-medal-freedom)

juleswin
02-04-2020, 07:30 PM

What is your point?

I know a guy who didn't work a day in his life, won the lottery and now lives posh life in luxury. I am sure to you that means that working how and being industries doesn't affect your income. Sorry for your brother but he is the rare expect to the rule. Smoking damages the wall of your arteries, damaged arteries are more likely to form plaques, plaques restrict blood flow and can cause a heart attack. That is his point. I don't understand why people have to make an argument out of everything.

sparebulb
02-04-2020, 07:59 PM
Trump To Award Limbaugh Presidential Medal Of Freedom (https://www.zerohedge.com/political/trump-award-limbaugh-presidential-medal-freedom)

I would like to see a line itemization of the freedom that Limp Windbag promoted for the proletariat.

pcosmar
02-04-2020, 08:23 PM
I know a guy who didn't work a day in his life, won the lottery and now lives posh life in luxury. I am sure to you that means that working how and being industries doesn't affect your income. Sorry for your brother but he is the rare expect to the rule. Smoking damages the wall of your arteries, damaged arteries are more likely to form plaques, plaques restrict blood flow and can cause a heart attack. That is his point. I don't understand why people have to make an argument out of everything.

I don't understand how people think they will or can live forever.. We all Die.. accept the reality and don't sweat the minutia... like what may possibly eventually kill you..

Enjoy life till then. Nothing changes your out date.

XNavyNuke
02-04-2020, 08:32 PM
Thats pretty fascinating. Seems like the most unhealthy people are living longer than the healthiest.

https://cdn.liquor.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/29151202/richard-overton-oldest-vet-7.jpg

https://doyouremember.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Grace-Jones-758x396.jpg

These two agree. It's all about the whiskey.
https://doyouremember.com/95098/woman-claims-whiskey-long-life

https://www.liquor.com/articles/111-year-old-man-proves-whiskey-is-the-key-to-a-long-life/#gs.w26fu2

XNN

pcosmar
02-04-2020, 08:42 PM
This goes here,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slOY4cSVfy8

enhanced_deficit
02-04-2020, 09:18 PM
Yeah he loved War and was close to Bush

There are rumors that GOPA wing Neocons would be awarding him 'Freedom Medal'.

fisharmor
02-04-2020, 09:26 PM
I like how Dennis Leary put it, to paraphrase, if smoking takes 10 years off your life, those are the years you're wearing diapers and reporting for dialasys every other day.

The only reasons I don't smoke daily is because I like being able to run and the wife puts out more if I don't. It has nothing to do with overall health and if there's a surefire way to get me to sneak a pack it's by preaching about it, just to do the opposite of what I'm hearing.

Also, I gotta say, Rush was the catalyst for me and a bunch of other people being where we are now. Of course that was 27 years ago, but he should still get props for being the only guy bucking the system back then.

Krugminator2
02-04-2020, 10:07 PM

No one gets lung cancer from cigars. Maybe if you smoke 5 a day. Here is the largest study done from the Kaiser foundation. https://www.rstreet.org/2012/08/01/the-health-risks-of-cigar-smoking/

"Those smoking fewer than 5 cigars daily had no significantly increased risks for stroke, emphysema, oral/pharynx cancer or lung cancer."

"Cigars, the data show, have few health effects when used in moderation. "

Here is the actual FDA data not opinions. https://www.rstreet.org/2016/08/24/fda-study-cancer-risks-nearly-nil-for-1-2-cigars-per-day/

"However, the data indicates that consumption of up to two cigars per day, while not completely safe, is neither associated with significantly increased risks for death from all causes, nor smoking-related cancers."

I smoke cigars not because of some addiction. An e-cig would completely defeat the purpose. I like them as a nice luxury.

misterx
02-05-2020, 05:05 PM
Rush will be missed on the airwaves if he doesn't come back. He is probably the most thoughtful conservative on the radio. He is a strategic genius who understands things in a historical context in a way that people like Hannity can't even begin to. He's not my favorite conservative talk host, but he provides more substance than most.

A. Havnes
02-05-2020, 07:23 PM

What is your point?

My point is that, while I know you can never eliminate every last risk for cancer, heart attack, etc., I personally don't care to add as many risk factors as I can in a rush towards death. Who knows? Maybe I'll hit "post quick reply" and then promptly keel over myself, but I'd rather not tempt fate or make it more likely by following my dad's example. To each his own, but I feel my dad would still be alive if not for some of his choices.

Zippyjuan
02-05-2020, 07:38 PM
My Dad died of a Heart Attack in 78.. worked himself to death..

My aunt was a smoker. My mother- her older sister by two years- was not a smoker. My aunt died from cancer about 15 years ago. My mom is cancer free and still alive. My grandmother (their mother) will turn 102 in April.

pcosmar
02-05-2020, 07:45 PM
My aunt was a smoker. My mother- her older sister by two years- was not a smoker. My aunt died from cancer about 15 years ago. My mom is cancer free and still alive.

And mine is 94 and smoked till i was in my teens.. Quit..

Survived Breast cancer Cancer. Lived in the same Coal fired environment for years too..

Women commonly out live men... My wife and I should time out close,,but no telling. (she will be 75,, I will be 63 this year)

I carry my DD-214 in my wallet for Burial.. I am aware of mortality.
I simply don't stress about it.

pcosmar
02-05-2020, 07:50 PM
Oh,,yeah,,My wife has never smoked.. (I don't blow it in her face)

I am sitting next to Her Oxygen Machine.

juleswin
02-05-2020, 07:53 PM
No one gets lung cancer from cigars. Maybe if you smoke 5 a day. Here is the largest study done from the Kaiser foundation. https://www.rstreet.org/2012/08/01/the-health-risks-of-cigar-smoking/

"Those smoking fewer than 5 cigars daily had no significantly increased risks for stroke, emphysema, oral/pharynx cancer or lung cancer."

"Cigars, the data show, have few health effects when used in moderation. "

Here is the actual FDA data not opinions. https://www.rstreet.org/2016/08/24/fda-study-cancer-risks-nearly-nil-for-1-2-cigars-per-day/

"However, the data indicates that consumption of up to two cigars per day, while not completely safe, is neither associated with significantly increased risks for death from all causes, nor smoking-related cancers."

I smoke cigars not because of some addiction. An e-cig would completely defeat the purpose. I like them as a nice luxury.

When I say smoking, I am talking about cigarette smoke. When we are doing admission profile for new patients on the floor, we ask them about cigarette use not cigar use and I can attest to you that at least 90% of patients are previous or current smokers and among the frequent fliers, 99% are smokers.

Its weird how all these smokers just happen to have heart and vascular issues.

juleswin
02-05-2020, 07:58 PM
I don't understand how people think they will or can live forever.. We all Die.. accept the reality and don't sweat the minutia... like what may possibly eventually kill you..

Enjoy life till then. Nothing changes your out date.

Its not just living, its also about the quality of life one has towards the end. Do you want to be on oxygen and sucking in air towards the last years? do you want peripheral vascular diseases to the point that your extremities have poor oxygen supply because of your crappy arteries? how about being a survivor of multiple stents because the plaques in your coronary arteries.

Believe me, there are different levels of living and smokers just tend to have lower quality of life towards the end.

pcosmar
02-05-2020, 08:08 PM
Its not just living, its also about the quality of life one has towards the end. Do you want to be on oxygen and sucking in air towards the last years? do you want peripheral vascular diseases to the point that your extremities have poor oxygen supply because of your crappy arteries? how about being a survivor of multiple stents because the plaques in your coronary arteries.

Believe me, there are different levels of living and smokers just tend to have lower quality of life towards the end.

I would not be letting the vampires milk me that long..

and I said I am sitting next to my wife's Oxygen generator.
I am going out the the car for a Nice Bowl ( Stinky Pinky,with Bubba Kush crumble) and a cigarette.

I don't have any breathing issues.

juleswin
02-05-2020, 08:47 PM
I would not be letting the vampires milk me that long..

and I said I am sitting next to my wife's Oxygen generator.
I am going out the the car for a Nice Bowl ( Stinky Pinky,with Bubba Kush crumble) and a cigarette.

I don't have any breathing issues.

I hope that stays that way but keep smoking and your likelihood of developing COPD is high. I wish you the best of luck cos I wouldn't wish that disease on my worst enemy

pcosmar
02-05-2020, 09:27 PM
and your likelihood of developing COPD is high.

I am immune to pseudoscience,,

and I would love to dive up some Lobster if you want to drop me in warm water.
I'm good to about 30 ft.

Anti Federalist
02-05-2020, 09:37 PM
When I say smoking, I am talking about cigarette smoke. When we are doing admission profile for new patients on the floor, we ask them about cigarette use not cigar use and I can attest to you that at least 90% of patients are previous or current smokers and among the frequent fliers, 99% are smokers.

There you go, from someone inside the system, that admits the numbers are cooked.

Correlation does not equal causation, right?

Just because they smoked in the past is not clinical proof that any of their current ailments were caused by smoking.

This is the same way they cook drunk driving statistics.

pcosmar
02-05-2020, 09:46 PM
Personally I believe most lung cancer(and others) to be caused by the radiation we were exposed to as children..

and that is a random roll of the dice. or as random as an excited electron.

The world was being polluted with fallout when I was born. more since. aside from that deliberately used in the Vampiric Industry.

juleswin
02-05-2020, 11:25 PM
There you go, from someone inside the system, that admits the numbers are cooked.

Correlation does not equal causation, right?

Just because they smoked in the past is not clinical proof that any of their current ailments were caused by smoking.

This is the same way they cook drunk driving statistics.

True, correlation does not equal causation but there is real evidence linking smoking to many lung diseases. Have you seen the lungs from a smoker and that from a non smoker.?The eye ball test alone would tell you that something is not right about the lungs from a smoker. You just hear the cough from a smoker and it feels like they are congested all the time. Sorry but this is not even up for argument, the evidence is there for you to see.

Smoking is just very bad for you

juleswin
02-05-2020, 11:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1G6JB8A6sc

Krugminator2
02-06-2020, 10:33 AM

Well. I only said cigars and you responded to me.

Grandmastersexsay
02-06-2020, 10:57 AM
Rush will be missed on the airwaves if he doesn't come back. He is probably the most thoughtful conservative on the radio. He is a strategic genius who understands things in a historical context in a way that people like Hannity can't even begin to. He's not my favorite conservative talk host, but he provides more substance than most.

He provides shit. You must be young or have the memory of a goldfish. His shtick is tired. The sooner you can see past his bull shit the better. He is no conservative. He has zero convictions. He is a a man who panders for ratings, nothing more.

misterx
02-06-2020, 12:20 PM
He provides $#@!. You must be young or have the memory of a goldfish. His shtick is tired. The sooner you can see past his bull $#@! the better. He is no conservative. He has zero convictions. He is a a man who panders for ratings, nothing more.

You're just a bitter old man who can't see the value in people you disagree with.

Warlord
02-06-2020, 12:37 PM
You're just a bitter old man who can't see the value in people you disagree with.

Rush was very close to Bush and was a big cheerleader for war and big spending, deficits and god knows what else. He will be judged harshly put it that way. I won't miss him!

Todd
02-06-2020, 01:15 PM

My dad died of COPD at 77. Other than smoking since he was 15 he was healthy as a Horse. Not one thing wrong with the man and still strong and fit and ate well. I'm sure that if he hadn't smoked he would still be alive and lived until his mid 90's because most of his family history had some long living people.

My dad was kind of a miracle. He smoked even after he was diagnosed and up till the day he went in the hospital to die 4 days later. He kept that from us that he was still smoking. He also still mowed the yard and got the garbage can up the driveway even though he had to sit down for an hour after he did those things. We never knew how bad it was.

I don't doubt that some people can live unhealthy lives and live to be a ripe healthy old age, but that' not most people and those miracles have beaten the odds. You're not guaranteed to live a long healthy life no matter what you do, but there is ample evidence about how and what you can do to increase your chances.

It's also sometime the difference in dying on your feet doing what you love at 80 instead of having a stroke or debilitating disease at 73 and living another 7 years confined to a wheel chair or hospital bed with a catheter in you on 6 different medications and not being able to do jack squat.

pcosmar
02-06-2020, 01:38 PM
My dad died of COPD at 77. Other than smoking since he was 15 he was healthy as a Horse. Not one thing wrong with the man and still strong and fit and ate well. I'm sure that if he hadn't smoked he would still be alive and lived until his mid 90's because most of his family history had some long living people.

My dad was kind of a miracle. He smoked even after he was diagnosed and up till the day he went in the hospital to die 4 days later. He kept that from us that he was still smoking. He also still mowed the yard and got the garbage can up the driveway even though he had to sit down for an hour after he did those things. We never knew how bad it was.

I don't doubt that some people can live unhealthy lives and live to be a ripe healthy old age, but that' not most people and those miracles have beaten the odds. You're not guaranteed to live a long healthy life no matter what you do, but there is ample evidence about how and what you can do to increase your chances.

It's also sometime the difference in dying on your feet doing what you love at 80 instead of having a stroke or debilitating disease at 73 and living another 7 years confined to a wheel chair or hospital bed with a catheter in you on 6 different medications and not being able to do jack squat.

My dad died on a ladder pulling wires.. Heart Attack,, as was his father..
Little brother died of a heart attack at 10. I was there.

My last EKG was in 2004,, and before that early 80s,, show a Nonspecific Irregularity.

I don't worry about it,, and consider it a Personal Description rather than a "condition".

I have not seen a Doctor since I spoke with Ron Paul,, and he didn't give me a check up.

pcosmar
02-06-2020, 01:41 PM
If you are not having fun, you are doing it wrong...

Pursuit of Happiness
Goes well with Life and Liberty.

and I am still Splitting Wood.

pcosmar
02-06-2020, 01:49 PM
Smoking is just very bad for you

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/51/German_anti-smoking_ad.jpeg

https://2static1.fjcdn.com/comments/If+only+we+had+listened+_5cd080fbb60bcfacd6f54fdb4 2d69107.jpg

Yeah,,
So I've been told.

Todd
02-06-2020, 01:54 PM
If you are not having fun, you are doing it wrong...

Pursuit of Happiness
Goes well with Life and Liberty.

and I am still Splitting Wood.

There's also evidence that staying active and having a purpose help you live long too. Which I think you do. ;)

pcosmar
02-06-2020, 02:00 PM
I remember my Grandfather Barbet enjoying a pipe in his old age.

But he survived getting Gassed in the trenches,, and working a Steel Mill till retirement..

87 as I remember.

https://live.staticflickr.com/3429/3803423247_b02aef967b_b.jpg

Died when I was about 5,, very few memories.

We all end up there. might as well enjoy doing time here.

Grandmastersexsay
02-06-2020, 04:24 PM

I'm 38, and it isn't a matter of agreeing or disagreeing with him. His positions are fluid. I could agree with him one day, and he might completely reverse his position another day. The man has no convictions. His options a vapid and without substance. He's done more to hurt the liberty movement by supposedly speaking for constitutionalists and conservatives, which he is not. When Bill Maher says something you don't agree with, he won't be very convincing, because he is Bill Maher. When Rush says something you don't agree with, you'll just go along with it because he is Rush and you haven't realised he is a con man yet.

Krugminator2
02-06-2020, 06:29 PM
I'm 38, and it isn't a matter of agreeing or disagreeing with him. His positions are fluid. I could agree with him one day, and he might completely reverse his position another day. The man has no convictions. His options a vapid and without substance. He's done more to hurt the liberty movement by supposedly speaking for constitutionalists and conservatives, which he is not. When Bill Maher says something you don't agree with, he won't be very convincing, because he is Bill Maher. When Rush says something you don't agree with, you'll just go along with it because he is Rush and you haven't realised he is a con man yet.

Rush isn't some great thinker but it is important to realize what the media climate was pre-Rush.

Rush pretty much single handedly got the first House Republican win in 40 years in 1994. That brought in a golden era of spending restraint and deregulation for six years.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1994-12-11-mn-7794-story.html%3f_amp=true

Grandmastersexsay
02-06-2020, 07:12 PM
Rush isn't some great thinker but it is important to realize what the media climate was pre-Rush.

Rush pretty much single handedly got the first House Republican win in 40 years in 1994. That brought in a golden era of spending restraint and deregulation for six years.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1994-12-11-mn-7794-story.html%3f_amp=true

He is great at criticizing Democrats. The problem is he has done more harm than good by not criticizing Republicans. What happened to that spending restraint and deregulation when the Republicans had the house, senate, and the presidency? Where was Rush then? He was defending the patriot act and attacking Democrats.

misterx
02-10-2020, 11:23 AM
He is great at criticizing Democrats. The problem is he has done more harm than good by not criticizing Republicans. What happened to that spending restraint and deregulation when the Republicans had the house, senate, and the presidency? Where was Rush then? He was defending the patriot act and attacking Democrats.

Rush has been wrong a lot, and I don't go along with him when he is. He was also one of the first people in the mainstream to start talking about the deep state.

sparebulb
02-10-2020, 12:15 PM
I'm going to assume that Limpbag only criticizes the "deep state" that has undermined the republican president, whomever it would be.

He's ok with the deep state that starts and perpetuates wars, colludes with the globalists, and does our very bestest friend;s dirty work in the middle east.