PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT AND URGENT! I hesitated, but please (PLEASE) read this: EVERYONE!

boondoggle
12-15-2007, 12:17 AM
I've made a Myspace for Ron Paul grassroots. It's very, very, very, very, very, very last minute. I'm going to ask all of Ron Paul's friends to be my friend, though, I need help doing that tomorrow and during the Tea Party. Think of it as a massive friend request effort, then, when it's all said and done, all I'll have to do is post a bulletin and, wha-lah, everyone is notified. It's SO much more simple than messaging each friend.

It's at www.myspace.com/grassrootsforliberty. BUT I need help. A lot of it. I'll be giving away login information and I'll send you what I need you to do. Think of this as a group project, I'll need at least 15 or more to work on it. I'll send you what pages to request, etc. This is all day tomorrow.

For the login information, email me tomorrow. Though, you have to include your screenname on the boards here and I'll review your posts, history, etc. I need to be safe.

After the Tea Party, this'll be a great way for grassroots to stay connected, too without people getting messaged over and over. I didn't plan to do this until a while ago. I'll get started tonight. My email address is forty-seven.eleven@sbcglobal.net and I'll be working on this for most of tomorrow and hopefully with a group of other people. But I need to be able to trust them . . .

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE consider helping. Think of this as a last minute emergency. I also made the default name "Ron Paul Patriots (see teaparty07.com)". The main page needs fixing up, but, yeah, it's very last minute.

Again, please. This is important. I'm sacrificing plans for this (hence me not wanting to), please- please, email me and help. We can probably get 10,000 to 30,000 friends... I don't know really, I've never done this before. Open a page of friends in tabs, request them all, then do the same. Over and over. It'll require patience and more than likely good music to get you through it . . .

One last time- please take the time to set aside a plan or two to do this. I could get an army of 20+ to be working together and that would be amazing. We sat away from myspace together, we should approach it together.

My email: forty-seven.eleven@sbcglobal.net
Our myspace: myspace.com/grassrootsforliberty (http://www.myspace.com/grassrootsforliberty/)

P.S. This is in Tea Party forum too, sorry, but I consider it urgent and very important . . .

boondoggle
12-15-2007, 12:20 AM
Blimp

VRP08
12-15-2007, 12:21 AM
Good idea

Pride
12-15-2007, 12:22 AM
Love the idea

justinc.1089
12-15-2007, 12:23 AM
Only one computer can log into one myspace account at a time. So while this may keep someone logged into the profile sending requests 24/7, it won't allow like say 20 people to be logged in at one time sending requests out.

justinc.1089
12-15-2007, 12:24 AM
Its still a good idea though.

boondoggle
12-15-2007, 12:30 AM
Alright, it looks like my myspace freakout is going to slowdown. But I'm going to move forward with the grassroots myspace idea so we can alert everyone on the day of a tea-party-like event that may or may not come up sometime again.

Here's the news:

Just to assure everyone, myspace is just about DONE :)

Here's an email TODAY from Brian (the organizer of the myspace messaging for the 5th):

Hey everyone thanks to those of you working hard out there!! We are officially 82,000 messages deep!! (roughly). With only 8,200 to go until we have messaged 90,200 of Ron Paul's Myspace friends!!. Help in the final push tomorrow!! I will be available to distribute IDs tomorrow roughly after noon. so shoot me an email tonight or tomorrow requesting some IDs and let's get the last bit finished quickly!! Thanks to all for your help. I am really excited for the 16th!!!!!! This and the Ron Paul Blimp is all exciting stuff happening right now!! Thank you all!

Liberty Star
12-15-2007, 12:42 AM
Cool site.

hillertexas
12-15-2007, 12:49 AM
bump

naga_warrior
12-15-2007, 12:56 AM
Only one computer can log into one myspace account at a time. So while this may keep someone logged into the profile sending requests 24/7, it won't allow like say 20 people to be logged in at one time sending requests out.

Are you positive about this? Because I just was able to login using 2 different browsers? It could go off of other things like IP address and stuff but most things go off of sessions.

boondoggle
12-15-2007, 01:06 AM
Are you positive about this? Because I just was able to login using 2 different browsers? It could go off of other things like IP address and stuff but most things go off of sessions.

I'm pretty sure you can have more than one s/n at a time . . . Or, well, I thought so . . .