PDA

View Full Version : NJ Requires Flu Shots for Preschoolers

Birdlady
12-14-2007, 11:55 PM
Remember there is lots of mercury in the flu shots! :mad:

TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — New Jersey on Friday became the first state to require flu shots for preschoolers, saying their developing immune systems and likelihood of spreading germs make them as vulnerable to complications as the elderly.

State Health Commissioner Dr. Fred M. Jacobs approved the requirement and three other vaccines over the objections of some parent groups.

Starting in September, all children attending preschool or licensed day care centers will have to get an annual flu shot, Jacobs said. That makes New Jersey the first state to require flu shots for preschoolers or older students, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics.

Preschoolers are being targeted because their developing immune systems make them as susceptible to flu complications as senior citizens, and because they are more likely than older kids to spread the virus, state health officials say.

The new requirements "will have a direct impact on reducing illnesses, hospitalizations and deaths in one of New Jersey's most vulnerable populations — our children," Jacobs said in a statement.

A health advisory board Monday backed the new requirements on a 5-2 vote with one abstention after parents said they worried about the safety of giving young children dozens of vaccine doses. Some also say they don't want government making their medical decisions.

New Jersey also will require preschoolers to get a pneumococcal vaccine and sixth-graders to get vaccines against meningitis, which New Jersey already requires for college dormitory residents, and a booster shot against whooping cough, which in recent years has seen a resurgence blamed on waning potency of shots given to infants and preschoolers.

The four additional vaccines are recommended by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the American Academy of Pediatrics and other medical groups.

Some parents support proposed legislation that would give families a right to skip required immunizations by lodging a "philosophical objection," as some other states allow. The bill has been sitting in a committee without action for several years.

New Jersey does grant an automatic exemption on religious grounds and allows exemptions for medical reasons.

The new vaccines will be available for free for low-income families, and private insurers generally will cover the cost.

Oops I forgot the link!

h ttp://www.armstrongmywire.com/news/read.php?id=15731729&ps=scitech&cat=&cps=0&lang=en

Corydoras
12-15-2007, 03:49 AM
1) Not all flu vaccines contain mercury. FluMist and the no-preservative version of FluZone are examples of mercury-free flu vaccines.

2) The great majority of vaccines have NO mercury.

3) Vaccines with thimerosal have very little mercury in them. One microgram is a thousandth of a milligram. A single aspirin tablet has 325 milligrams.
http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/thi-table.htm

4) There's some good reading here:
http://www.immunizationinfo.org/immunization_science.cfm?cat=1

noxagol
12-15-2007, 04:44 AM
Mercury is mercury, I don't want ANY put in me.

LibertyForAll
12-15-2007, 04:52 AM
Anything you inject your child with should be the choice of the parent not the government.

garyallen59
12-15-2007, 08:15 AM
Anything you inject your child with should be the choice of the parent not the government.

exactly

PRIEST
12-15-2007, 09:33 AM
Vaccines are one of the greatest deceptions of our time.

Corydoras
12-15-2007, 09:57 AM
Mercury is mercury, I don't want ANY put in me.

Then use vaccines that don't have any.

Corydoras
12-15-2007, 10:02 AM
Vaccines are one of the greatest deceptions of our time.

And that is one of the most ignorant statements I have ever read on this board.

Birdlady
12-15-2007, 09:54 PM
Then use vaccines that don't have any.

Perhaps you haven't done research on what else is in the vaccines. Let's specifically look at the flumist, which is a nasal spray.

http://www.flumist.com/pdf/FluMist-prescribing-information.pdf
Each pre-filled refrigerated FluMist sprayer contains a single 0.2 mL dose. Each 0.2 mL dose contains 106.5-7.5 FFU of live attenuated influenza virus reassortants of each of the three strains:
A/Solomon Islands/3/2006 (H1N1), A/Wisconsin/67/2005 (H3N2), and B/Malaysia/2506/2004 [1].

Each 0.2 mL dose also contains 0.188 mg/dose monosodium glutamate, 2.00 mg/dose hydrolyzed
porcine gelatin, 2.42 mg/dose arginine, 13.68 mg/dose sucrose, 2.26 mg/dose dibasic potassium
phosphate, 0.96 mg/dose monosodium phosphate, and <0.015 mcg/mL gentamicin sulfate. FluMist
contains no preservatives.

It has MSG in it, which is a neurotoxin!

Flumist is also LIVE VIRUS cultured in animal cells. I saw one site say chicken eggs, but it specifically says pig gelatin in the ingredients.:eek:
They warn you not to go around any one with a weak immune system for 21 days.

Here are the side effects of Flumist
Runny Nose/Nasal Congestion
Decreased Appetite
Irritability
DecreasedActivity(Lethargy)
Sore Throat
Headache
Muscle Aches
Chills
Fever

Basically you get the flu

So no thanks on any vaccines. You don't know what's in it!

realitywiz
12-17-2007, 09:58 PM
If you WANT the flu, then get the flu shot.

Corydoras
12-18-2007, 04:25 AM
Each 0.2 mL dose also contains 0.188 mg/dose monosodium glutamate, 2.00 mg/dose hydrolyzed
porcine gelatin, 2.42 mg/dose arginine, 13.68 mg/dose sucrose, 2.26 mg/dose dibasic potassium
phosphate, 0.96 mg/dose monosodium phosphate, and <0.015 mcg/mL gentamicin sulfate. FluMist
contains no preservatives.

In other words, it has trace amounts of the same ingredients as Ajinomoto and Jell-o.

Sucrose! OMG! We can't have SUGAR!

OooooooOOOOOooooooo...
:rolleyes:

Corydoras
12-18-2007, 04:26 AM
no thanks on any vaccines. You don't know what's in it!

You just cited the ingredient list. Of course you know what's in it.

Corydoras
12-18-2007, 04:30 AM
You really must take influenza lightly, if you think those side effects constitute an excuse not to take the flu vaccine. Influenza and pneumonia are a leading cause of death in the United States and across the world. You take the flu vaccine to avoid being seriously ill and to avoid dying, not to avoid being a little uncomfortable.

Flu epidemics can be hideous. Even today, there won't be enough respirators to keep people alive in such a situation.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/columnists/bal-ftmchenryflu,0,7217524.story
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/columnists/bal-flutimeline,0,3385343.htmlstory

realitywiz
12-19-2007, 06:22 PM
You really must take influenza lightly, if you think those side effects constitute an excuse not to take the flu vaccine. Influenza and pneumonia are a leading cause of death in the United States and across the world. You take the flu vaccine to avoid being seriously ill and to avoid dying, not to avoid being a little uncomfortable.

Flu epidemics can be hideous. Even today, there won't be enough respirators to keep people alive in such a situation.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/columnists/bal-ftmchenryflu,0,7217524.story
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/columnists/bal-flutimeline,0,3385343.htmlstory

My family has always gotten the flu after taking the flu shot. After we stopped taking the shot, we haven't gotten the flu since. Hmmmm....

People have been permanently disabled because of flu shots.

People need to strengthen their immune systems naturally and not rely on vaccines so much. Some of the healthiest communities around the world are naturally healthy and have folks who have never even touched a vaccine or anti-biotic.

_____

LeonardK
12-19-2007, 09:24 PM

The vaccines they're pushing aren't for killer epidemic strains. It's not like they're giving HN51 vaccines.

It may be a good vaccine, it may be bad, but this is law because MedImmune bought enough NJ legislators, not because it's good for anyone.

Corydoras
12-19-2007, 09:27 PM
The vaccines they're pushing aren't for killer epidemic strains. It's not like they're giving HN51 vaccines.

Flu IS a killer even when it is not epidemic. It's one of the major causes of death in the United States, and most strains go after the very young and the very old.

Corydoras
12-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Some of the healthiest communities around the world are naturally healthy and have folks who have never even touched a vaccine or anti-biotic.

Cite?

Chester Copperpot
12-19-2007, 10:36 PM
And that is one of the most ignorant statements I have ever read on this board.

There is some truth to the persons statement

lucius

"When we give government the power to make medical decisions for us, we, in essence, accept that the state owns our bodies." ~U.S. Representative Ron Paul

Chester Copperpot
Flu IS a killer even when it is not epidemic. It's one of the major causes of death in the United States, and most strains go after the very young and the very old.

tylenol kills about 10,000 people each year but you dont see them pulling THAT off the market

Corydoras
12-20-2007, 04:45 AM
tylenol kills about 10,000 people each year but you dont see them pulling THAT off the market

400 or so per year, of whom a substantial number are suicides

SlapItHigh
12-23-2007, 05:24 AM

Try logical thinking on this issue, might help. You are pushing the fear of death which is a valid concern but how does that relate to the flu shot? What are the benefits of the flu shot and do the risks outweigh the benefits?

A Cochrane Review of healthy adults showed that the flu shot did not reduce the number of flu related deaths and summarized - "There is not enough evidence to decide whether routine vaccination to prevent influenza in healthy adults is effective."

http://www.cochrane.org/reviews/en/ab001269.html

Another Cochrane Review showed a modest reduction in deaths for the just the elderly but it should be noted that this study isn't designed as well due to lack of solid research - "The results of the review are mostly based on non-experimental (observational) studies, which are at greater risk of bias, as not many good quality trials were available."

http://www.cochrane.org/reviews/en/ab004876.html

Now since we are talking about preschoolers, let's focus on children. IIRC, the last stat I read was for 2004 that there were something like 150 flu related childhood deaths for the year which is relatively low compared to other causes of childhood death even though that was a particularly bad year for the flu/increased deaths. Let's check Cochrane Review again:

Authors' conclusions
Influenza vaccines are efficacious in children older than two years but little evidence is available for children under two. There was a marked difference between vaccine efficacy and effectiveness. That no safety comparisons could be carried out emphasizes the need for standardisation of methods and presentation of vaccine safety data in future studies. It was surprising to find only one study of inactivated vaccine in children under two years, given recent recommendations to vaccinate healthy children from six months old in the USA and Canada. If immunisation in children is to be recommended as public-health policy, large-scale studies assessing important outcomes and directly comparing vaccine types are urgently required.

http://www.cochrane.org/reviews/en/ab004879.html

Tell us again that we don't take influenza lightly but if so you are going to have to provide us with some type of evidence that the flu shot actually reduces deaths in preschool aged children. This is the type of stuff I deal with when I'm talking to neocons about Ron Paul. They argue that the terrorist threats are real and should not be taken lightly but they fail to realize that our foreign intervention is not the cure all.

If flu shots should be mandated for anyone, it should be the elderly but even then I would strongly disagree with the mandate. How can a government mandate a health procedure when we do not have sufficient evidence that it will achieve the desired goal? What is worse is that we don't have the appropriate research regarding outcomes and risks assessments either. In addition, the flu shot is different every year. There are too many individual factors to consider and each person should decide for themselves and their children whether or not they want the shot.

Dave Pedersen
12-23-2007, 05:30 AM
Many believe there is a link between autism and vaccinations, cancer and krone's disease too I have heard. But I have not looked at the evidence.

I know I would never accept anything the government wants me to be injected with. I do not trust the government because I do not trust David Rockefeller.

ConstitutionGal
12-23-2007, 05:37 AM
Try telling the parents of a child that developed autism or died after receiving vaccines that vacccines are safe. I have a friend who HAD two perfectly healthy and happy little boys. After receiving their MANDATED MMR vaccinations, BOTH suddendly developed autism!! Thankfully, their mom is a pretty bright cookie and began looking into holistic cures and both boys are doing MUCH better now, however, they are not nearly as well at they were BEFORE their vaccinations. What she keeps hearing from the 'regular' medical doctors by way of an excuse is that sometimes these vaccines exacerabate or activate some unknown medical or genetic condition in some children. Thanfully, more and more parents are refusing to play Russian roulette with their children no matter what the drug companies want.

kimosabi
12-23-2007, 07:13 AM
If flu shots should be mandated for anyone, it should be the elderly but even then I would strongly disagree with the mandate. How can a government mandate a health procedure when we do not have sufficient evidence that it will achieve the desired goal? What is worse is that we don't have the appropriate research regarding outcomes and risks assessments either. In addition, the flu shot is different every year. There are too many individual factors to consider and each person should decide for themselves and their children whether or not they want the shot.

You are completely ignorant!!!

Watch the FOLLOWING!!!

Merk drug company world leading vaccine expert admits injecting cancer viruses and bringing AIDS into the US

This stunning censored interview conducted by medical historian Edward Shorter for WGBH public television (Boston) and Blackwell Science was cut from The Health Century due to its huge liability--the admission that Merck drug company vaccines have traditionally been injecting cancer viruses (SV40 and others) in people worldwide.

This segment of In Lies We Trust: The CIA, Hollywood & Bioterrorism, produced and freely contributed by consumer protector and public health expert, Dr. Leonard Horowitz, features the world's leading vaccine expert, Dr. Maurice Hilleman, who explains why Merck's vaccines have spread AIDS, leukemia, and other horrific plagues worldwide.

Please forward this clip (link) to everyone you know who thinks vaccines are "safe and effective."

Watch This ==> http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=327_1195303011

SlapItHigh
12-23-2007, 01:25 PM
You are completely ignorant!!!

Watch the FOLLOWING!!!

Kimosabi, I think you are confused. Did you mean to quote me and call me ignorant? If so, can you explain why? I posted a ton of credible research. I have done extensive research on vaccinations and have chosen not to vaccinate my own children.

phoenixrising
12-23-2007, 02:47 PM
i hope it was meant for corydoras....(as this is)

these r just easy clips...or short articles ...yet i too have scored 100's of articles-- you need to do the same from CREDIBLE sources!

here's more:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6yIncJnx4U&feature=related
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELx2eX_kM-w&feature=related

& if you think what we do to the kids & elderly is bad--checkout this:
http://www.boydgraves.com/timeline/
or
http://www.boydgraves.com/graves/
& most of all you may want to sign up for a credible newsletter :
http://www.healthfreedomusa.org/

here's a thought for u...if u tell people something long enough ...they start believing it as truth...because MOST won't do their own research--you must!!!

think about the SARS scare....the gov't telling people there wouldn't be enough to go around for everyone....it's a tactic that would make people BEG to be vaccinated.

not me......not for ANYTHING they dish out!! i'll let someone who didn't do research & doesn't want to listen-- have mine.

oh 1 last thing-- the attorney general in MD didn't even vac. his kids when they pulled that junk on prince edward county in nov--gee i wonder why?????????

phoenixrising
12-23-2007, 02:49 PM
ohhh & 1 last thing....a measley 10 yrs ago autism was 1 in 10,000 kids....today it's 1 in 150!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Birdlady
12-23-2007, 06:25 PM
i hope it was meant for corydoras....(as this is)

Once you bring facts in to the argument, Corydoras disappears. For this reason, he/she is on my ignore list now. I don't have the energy to try to inform someone that doesn't want informed.

I wish they put all of the ingredients on those vaccines. It might actually make some people give them a second thought. These are fillers not listed in the so called "ingredients".

aluminum hydroxide
aluminum phosphate
ammonium sulfate
amphotericin B
animal tissues: pig blood, horse blood, rabbit brain,
dog kidney, monkey kidney,
chick embryo, chicken egg, duck egg
calf (bovine) serum
betapropiolactone
fetal bovine serum
formaldehyde
formalin
gelatin
glycerol
human diploid cells (originating from human aborted fetal tissue)
hydrolized gelatin
monosodium glutamate (MSG)
neomycin
neomycin sulfate
phenol red indicator
phenoxyethanol (antifreeze)
potassium diphosphate
potassium monophosphate
polymyxin B
polysorbate 20
polysorbate 80
porcine (pig) pancreatic hydrolysate of casein
residual MRC5 proteins
sorbitol
sucrose
thimerosal (mercury)
tri(n)butylphosphate,
VERO cells, a continuous line of monkey kidney cells
washed sheep red blood cells

Corydoras
12-23-2007, 07:04 PM
Once you bring facts in to the argument, Corydoras disappears. For this reason, he/she is on my ignore list now. I don't have the energy to try to inform someone that doesn't want informed.

Oh, no, I'm here.

phoenixrising
12-23-2007, 11:12 PM
i agree...IGNORE LIST is alive & well

E. O. D. corydoras --ta-ta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kimosabi
12-24-2007, 05:41 AM
ohhh & 1 last thing....a measley 10 yrs ago autism was 1 in 10,000 kids....today it's 1 in 150!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Interestingly the "Unvaccinated Amish" don't get Autism ==> http://www.infowars.com/articles/science/autism_none_for_unvaccinated_amish.htm and http://www.upi.com/Consumer_Health_Daily/Reports/2005/12/07/the_age_of_autism_a_pretty_big_secret/6829/

user
12-24-2007, 05:47 AM
1) Not all flu vaccines contain mercury. FluMist and the no-preservative version of FluZone are examples of mercury-free flu vaccines.

2) The great majority of vaccines have NO mercury.

3) Vaccines with thimerosal have very little mercury in them. One microgram is a thousandth of a milligram. A single aspirin tablet has 325 milligrams.
http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/thi-table.htm

4) There's some good reading here:
http://www.immunizationinfo.org/immunization_science.cfm?cat=1

Irrelevant. The vaccines could have magic goo and it wouldn't be any more acceptable to make them mandatory.

phoenixrising
12-24-2007, 12:48 PM
i agree!!!! the autism is up in the kids being vaccinated.

confederatepatriot1025
12-24-2007, 12:51 PM
its illegal watch the alex jones show he asked a lawyer about the legallity of such a law and he said it was unconstitutional

Gunpartsguy
12-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Our 6YO is autistic. Guess when his developmental problems started? Right after his first series of vaccinations! No more. We've had great progress with him and he is in mainstream 1st grade and doing well. The school nurse told us that "it's the law" that all children get the vaccines. I looked up the WAC (WA state law.) Nope, she's either lying or has been duped. We held our ground while showing them the law. Pissed a bunch of school board types off. We don't care. They can go to hell. He's our kid. And these decisions are ours!

I had a certain lady connected with the school district talk to me in private. She tried to convince me that it's needed. I of course would not relent. She hinted that CPS might come to our door. I let her know in no uncertain terms that "Whoever comes from the state to mess with us better have a warrant. And it better be legal. They also better think real hard about how hard they are willing to fight to enforce something that is not in the law. Because we will fight with extreme prejudice to protect our rights/family. Do you understand?" She walked away shaken up pretty good. I'm sure that the GOA hat I was wearing at the time got the message through to her.

Over a year later. Not a peep out of them.

BTW- If you have an autistic child...get them off the milk! Once we took our boy off of milk the OCD and tantrums stopped. His developmental skills are back up with his peers. He's doing so very well. It's hard to get milk products out of your diet. But it can be done. It works! At least for the children we know of with autism. We don't know what it is about the milk. Every time he gets hold of a little milk product. The OCD and behavior problems start up again.

We know a few folks that also have autistic kids. But they won't take the milk out of their diet even though they have seen the improvements with our boy! Sad, very sad. Don't love their kids enough to even try!

We do not trust the pharmaceutical companies. They serve their investors and the fedgov long before they serve us. Anybody that would give our child anything without our permission is looking for real trouble. We have notarized letters on file at his school stating that under no circumstances is he to get any kind of medical treatment except for basic first aid...or direct life saving emergency treatment.

Crickett
12-26-2007, 07:26 PM
Somewhere, I saw that the FEDERAL government was going to mandate flu shots. After watching "Freedom to Fascism" I almost think that that is how they will get this computer chip into us--especially little kids who close their eyes when getting shots..argh this freaks me out..

Corydoras
12-26-2007, 08:57 PM
I almost think that that is how they will get this computer chip into us--especially little kids who close their eyes when getting shots

The VeriChip is too big to be injected with the same kind of needle that vaccines use.

chiplitfam
12-26-2007, 08:59 PM
Vote for Ron Paul or move out of that state. Better yet, HOMESCHOOL.

Corydoras
12-26-2007, 09:03 PM
There is evidence that autism rates continue to rise when vaccination rates drop.

But I have been reluctant to post scientific evidence when the likelihood is that it will sway the minds of nobody here. And there's a lot of evidence. I wonder what good it does to provide evidence when I will be attacked for it.

I am also frankly disgusted that people who despite scientific evidence to the contrary are convinced that vaccines cause autism also appear to have no respect for neurodiversity, no apparent respect for the autistic liberation movement, and every sign of capitulation to the autism industry that seeks to turn the autistic into objects of fear and pity.

integrity
12-26-2007, 09:07 PM
mercury is goooood for you: (sarcasm)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZArebYZzdc

whats in a flu shot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxkTGqYOEDQ

Corydoras
12-26-2007, 09:11 PM
mercury is goooood for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZArebYZzdc

whats in a flu shot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxkTGqYOEDQ

Why not just say you trust the media instead of peer-reviewed studies?

Flu vaccines without mercury are available. That Canadian video conveniently doesn't bother to mention this.

Corydoras
12-26-2007, 09:13 PM
http://www.upi.com/Consumer_Health_Daily/Reports/2005/12/07/the_age_of_autism_a_pretty_big_secret/6829/

Right, a Moonie-owned news source.

Corydoras
12-26-2007, 09:16 PM
J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2005 Jun;46(6):572-9. Links
No effect of MMR withdrawal on the incidence of autism: a total population study.

Honda H, Shimizu Y, Rutter M.
Yokohama Rehabilitation Center, Yokohama, Japan. honda@yokohama.email.ne.jp

BACKGROUND: A causal relationship between the measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine and occurrence of autism spectrum disorders (ASD) has been claimed, based on an increase in ASD in the USA and the UK after introduction of the MMR vaccine. However, the possibility that this increase is coincidental has not been eliminated. The unique circumstances of a Japanese MMR vaccination program provide an opportunity for comparison of ASD incidence before and after termination of the program. METHODS: This study examined cumulative incidence of ASD up to age seven for children born from 1988 to 1996 in Kohoku Ward (population approximately 300,000), Yokohama, Japan. ASD cases included all cases of pervasive developmental disorders according to ICD-10 guidelines. RESULTS: The MMR vaccination rate in the city of Yokohama declined significantly in the birth cohorts of years 1988 through 1992, and not a single vaccination was administered in 1993 or thereafter. In contrast, cumulative incidence of ASD up to age seven increased significantly in the birth cohorts of years 1988 through 1996 and most notably rose dramatically beginning with the birth cohort of 1993. CONCLUSIONS: The significance of this finding is that MMR vaccination is most unlikely to be a main cause of ASD, that it cannot explain the rise over time in the incidence of ASD, and that withdrawal of MMR in countries where it is still being used cannot be expected to lead to a reduction in the incidence of ASD.

PMID: 15877763

Corydoras
12-26-2007, 09:25 PM
Pediatrics. 2006 Dec;118(6):2409-17.
Epidemiology, complications, and cost of hospitalization in children with laboratory-confirmed influenza infection.

Ampofo K, Gesteland PH, Bender J, Mills M, Daly J, Samore M, Byington C, Pavia AT, Srivastava R.
Division of Pediatric Infectious Disease, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, 30 North 1900 E, Room 2A100, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA. krow.ampofo@hsc.utah.edu
BACKGROUND: Influenza causes significant morbidity among children. Previous studies used indirect case ascertainment methods with little cost data. We sought to measure the burden of laboratory-confirmed influenza from hospitalized children. METHODS: We conducted a retrospective cohort study during 3 viral seasons at Primary Children's Medical Center (Salt Lake City, UT). Children < or = 18 years of age who were hospitalized with laboratory-confirmed influenza infection were included. Outcomes included hospitalization rates, complications including intensive care unit stays, mechanical ventilation, length of stay, and total hospital costs. RESULTS: A total of 325 children had hospitalizations attributable to influenza over 3 viral seasons: 28% < 6 months of age, 33% between 6 and 23 months of age; and 39% > 2 years of age; 37% had high-risk medical conditions. Population-based rates of hospitalization for Salt Lake County residents ranged from 6.3 to 252.7 per 100,000 children. The highest rates were in children younger than 6 months, and rates decreased with increasing age. Forty-nine (15%) children had an ICU stay; 27 required mechanical ventilation, and half of these patients were > 2 years of age. Total hospital cost for the cohort was 2 million dollars; 55% was accounted for by children > 2 years of age. Length of stay and total hospital costs were significantly higher in all children > 2 years of age compared with children < 6 months of age and were comparable to all children 6 to 23 months of age. CONCLUSIONS: Proven influenza infection in children results in substantial hospital resource utilization and morbidity. Nationwide, the median hospital costs may total 55 million dollars. Our data support the Advisory Committee on Immunization's recommendations to expand the use of influenza vaccine to children > 2 years of age.

PMID: 17142526

Corydoras
12-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Congenital rubella syndrome is what can happen to women in the first trimester of pregnancy when they catch rubella.
People who care about their future grandchildren might want to consider vaccinating at least their daughters against rubella.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congenital_rubella_syndrome

CRS can result in serious birth defects such as:
malformations of the heart (especially patent ductus arteriosus), eyes or brain
deafness
spleen, liver or bone marrow problems (some of which may disappear shortly after birth)
mental retardation
small head size (microcephaly)
eye defects
low birth weight
thrombocytopenic purpura (presents as a characteristic "blueberry muffin" rash)
hepatomegaly
micrognathia

Children who have been exposed to rubella in the womb should also be watched closely as they age for any indication of the following:
developmental delay
Schizophrenia[1]
growth retardation
learning disabilities
diabetes
glaucoma

Corydoras
12-26-2007, 09:52 PM

Actually, some years H5N1 is included in the annual flu vaccine.
And ordinary influenza kills thousands upon thousands of people in the United States every year.

Corydoras
12-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Vote for Ron Paul or move out of that state. Better yet, HOMESCHOOL.

And better be sure you have lots and lots of money saved up for a free-market intensive care hospital stay.

Corydoras
12-26-2007, 10:09 PM
Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2006 Dec;25(12):1182-3.
Vaccination usage among an old-order Amish community in Illinois.
Yoder JS, Dworkin MS.

Responses were received by 225 (60%) of the 374 Amish households in the community with children aged <15 years. An additional 120 responses were received by households without children. A total of 189 (84%) households with children reported that all of their children had received vaccinations; 28 (12%) reported that some of their children had received vaccinations; and 8 (4%) reported that none of their children had received vaccinations.

Among all respondents who knew their own vaccination status, 281/313 (90%) reported that they had received vaccinations as children.

Corydoras
12-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Here's a good example of how a chemical can sound scarier than it is. Want some beta-d-fructofuranosyl-alpha-d-glucopyranoside in your coffee?

Synonyms: sugar, cane sugar, saccharose, beta-d-fructofuranosyl-alpha-d-glucopyranoside, beta-d-fructofuranoside, beet sugar, confectioner's sugar, granulated sugar, NCI-C56597, icing sugar, rock candy, saccharum
Use: natural sweetner
Molecular formula: C12H22O11
CAS No: 57-50-1
EC No: 200-334-9
http://ptcl.chem.ox.ac.uk/MSDS/SU/sucrose.html

youngbuck
12-26-2007, 10:18 PM
This is serious garbage. The flu shot has been proven time and time again to be ineffective to any of the strains currently in circulation. At best, it marginally helps with viruses of the previous year. I doubt it helps at all, and it most certainly makes it easier for you to get other diseases by supressing your immune system with the dozens of harmful compounds that have no business being in something that's injected into you, not the least which is Mercury. This is tryanny, and this must be resisted. If I ever have children, they will never get any vaccines or other shots if I have any say in it.

Corydoras
12-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Read this page about dihydrogen monoxide!

http://www.snopes.com/science/dhmo.asp

Corydoras
12-26-2007, 10:22 PM
The flu shot has been proven time and time again to be ineffective to any of the strains currently in circulation.
Cite?

At best, it marginally helps with viruses of the previous year.
Cite?

it most certainly makes it easier for you to get other diseases by supressing your immune system
Cite?

not the least which is Mercury.
Flu shots are available without mercury.

Corydoras
12-26-2007, 10:51 PM
Pediatrics. 2006 Dec;118(6):2298-312.
Safety, efficacy, and effectiveness of cold-adapted influenza vaccine-trivalent against community-acquired, culture-confirmed influenza in young children attending day care.

Vesikari T, Fleming DM, Aristegui JF, Vertruyen A, Ashkenazi S, Rappaport R, Skinner J, Saville MK, Gruber WC, Forrest BD; CAIV-T Pediatric Day Care Clinical Trial Network.
Tampere University Medical School/FM3, Biokatu 10, 33520 Tampere, Finland. timo.vesikari@uta.fi

OBJECTIVE: The goal was to evaluate the safety, tolerability, and efficacy of an investigational, refrigerator-stable formulation of live attenuated influenza vaccine (cold-adapted influenza vaccine-trivalent) against culture-confirmed influenza, acute otitis media, and effectiveness outcomes in young children in day care over 2 consecutive influenza seasons. METHODS: Children 6 to <36 months of age who were attending day care were assigned randomly in year 1 to receive 2 doses of vaccine or placebo intranasally, 35 +/- 7 days apart. In year 2, subjects received 1 dose of the same treatment as in year 1. RESULTS: A total of 1616 subjects (vaccine: 951 subjects; placebo: 665 subjects) in year 1 and 1090 subjects (vaccine: 640 subjects; placebo: 450 subjects) in year 2 were able to be evaluated for efficacy. The mean age at first vaccination was 23.4 +/- 7.9 months. In year 1, the overall efficacy of the vaccine against influenza subtypes similar to the vaccine was 85.4%; efficacy was 91.8% against A/H1N1 and 72.6% against B. In year 2, the overall efficacy was 88.7%; efficacy was 90.0% against H1N1, 90.3% against A/H3N2, and 81.7% against B. Efficacy against all episodes of acute otitis media associated with culture-confirmed influenza was 90.6% in year 1 and 97.0% in year 2. Runny nose or nasal discharge after dose 1 in year 1 was the only reactogenicity event that was significantly more frequent with cold-adapted influenza vaccine-trivalent (82.3%) than placebo (75.4%). CONCLUSIONS: Cold-adapted influenza vaccine-trivalent was well tolerated and effective in preventing culture-confirmed influenza illness in children as young as 6 months of age who attended day care.
PMID: 17142512

Corydoras
12-26-2007, 11:27 PM
The latest study of vaccine safety and efficacy in HIV-positive children. The vaccine in this study is for pneumonia. Vaccines do not lower immunity.

Lancet Infect Dis. 2008 Jan;8(1):67-80. Epub 2007 Oct 31. Links
The evidence for using conjugate vaccines to protect HIV-infected children against pneumococcal disease.

Bliss SJ, O'Brien KL, Janoff EN, Cotton MF, Musoke P, Coovadia H, Levine OS.
Division of Infectious Diseases, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA.
Pneumococcal conjugate vaccines (PCVs) are a potentially useful complement to existing treatment strategies in HIV-infected children, for whom pneumococcal infections are common and serious. This Review summarises available data on the burden of pneumococcal disease and the safety and efficacy of PCVs in HIV-infected children. The data demonstrate that children with HIV have significantly increased risk of pneumococcal disease compared with uninfected children; the serotypes included in currently licensed or near-licensure conjugate vaccines include most serotypes that cause invasive pneumococcal disease (IPD) in HIV-infected children and adults; PCVs provide substantial protection against IPD and clinical pneumonia when given to HIV-infected infants; and HIV-infected adults gain an indirect benefit when children in the community are vaccinated. PCV should be considered as an important intervention for improving the lives of HIV-infected children.
PMID: 17974480

Gunpartsguy
12-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Looks to me like Corydoras is for forced vaccinations by the fedgov.

It's for our own good!

It's for the children!

Bah! I'll lead my own family and make decisions I THINK are right for my own family. My wife and I are more than capable of making medical decisions for own family. When the government starts forcing these shots on folks that tells me that something is up way beyond what we see. And the companies that make these vaccines are shielded from lawsuits due to their product. That's another red flag.

With what we've seen, endured and experienced with the medical field today. We have lost confidence in the medical fields. It's not the people. It's the controlled market that is controlled by people behind the scenes and don't care about our families. They have a bottom line to take care of that is way more important to them than us!

Our evidence is empirical. Sure. Not some big study. But I know this for sure:
We're doing fine without the fedgov poking its nose into our lives. Medical, personal, financial...et all....We'll take care of ourselves thank you!

Take your studies and shove them where the sun don't shine. Studies are like statistics. They can be twisted to show whatever the powers that be determine the outcome should be. Remember that these studies in one way or another are mostly paid for by the fedgov. If a researcher comes up with something in opposition to what the fedgov wants. They lose their funding.

Anybody that tries to force shots or anything on us that we don't want had better determine whether it's worth their life to do it. If that's what it gets down to. So be it. Better to die fighting than in some FEMA camp wasting away from mistreatment, experiments and downright abuse. It's coming............

phoenixrising
12-27-2007, 12:48 PM
just ignore the ignorant posts...& thank god we aren't corydoras' kids!!!!

DanConway
12-28-2007, 04:38 AM
Our 6YO is autistic. Guess when his developmental problems started? Right after his first series of vaccinations! No more. We've had great progress with him and he is in mainstream 1st grade and doing well. The school nurse told us that "it's the law" that all children get the vaccines. I looked up the WAC (WA state law.) Nope, she's either lying or has been duped. We held our ground while showing them the law. Pissed a bunch of school board types off. We don't care. They can go to hell. He's our kid. And these decisions are ours!

I had a certain lady connected with the school district talk to me in private. She tried to convince me that it's needed. I of course would not relent. She hinted that CPS might come to our door. I let her know in no uncertain terms that "Whoever comes from the state to mess with us better have a warrant. And it better be legal. They also better think real hard about how hard they are willing to fight to enforce something that is not in the law. Because we will fight with extreme prejudice to protect our rights/family. Do you understand?" She walked away shaken up pretty good. I'm sure that the GOA hat I was wearing at the time got the message through to her.

Over a year later. Not a peep out of them.

BTW- If you have an autistic child...get them off the milk! Once we took our boy off of milk the OCD and tantrums stopped. His developmental skills are back up with his peers. He's doing so very well. It's hard to get milk products out of your diet. But it can be done. It works! At least for the children we know of with autism. We don't know what it is about the milk. Every time he gets hold of a little milk product. The OCD and behavior problems start up again.

We know a few folks that also have autistic kids. But they won't take the milk out of their diet even though they have seen the improvements with our boy! Sad, very sad. Don't love their kids enough to even try!

We do not trust the pharmaceutical companies. They serve their investors and the fedgov long before they serve us. Anybody that would give our child anything without our permission is looking for real trouble. We have notarized letters on file at his school stating that under no circumstances is he to get any kind of medical treatment except for basic first aid...or direct life saving emergency treatment.

Great post. Your child is lucky to have such a fierce advocate as you. Give bullies a real fight and they go away. Works every time, no matter how much the busybodies who claim they want to protect schoolchildren from bullies -- while often being the bullies themselves -- denounce it.

Have you tried goat's milk with your child? Many people (myself included) who have problems with cow's milk do fine with goat's milk. I'm not a big milk drinker, but I love cheese, and goat, sheep, and buffalo cheeses cause no problems for me. No one seems to know what the difference is, but empirically it works a lot of the time. Worth a try.

I am not a doctor, nor an especially well-read layman (a term which originally meant non-priests, when priests, in Europe's Dark Ages, were the only educated class -- but I digress), but I do have a fair bit of personal experience in this area. If you can, and if you haven't done it already, it would probably be good to have your child tested for allergies, have their digestive system tested, and possibly (use caution on this one, as it can be dangerous if not done right) have them tested for toxic metals. (I'm currently undergoing the test for that -- you collect urine for 24 hours, take a sample of that, then take a drug which draws toxic metals, if any, out of the tissues, for three days, collect urine for 24 hours during the second day, take a sample of that, and send the samples off to a lab to be analyzed and compared. It's annoying, to say the least, but according to my doctor, it's the only good way to do this test.) At the very least, look into this and other things, if you haven't already.

Gunpartsguy
12-28-2007, 01:52 PM
Great post. Your child is lucky to have such a fierce advocate as you. Give bullies a real fight and they go away. Works every time, no matter how much the busybodies who claim they want to protect schoolchildren from bullies -- while often being the bullies themselves -- denounce it.

Have you tried goat's milk with your child? Many people (myself included) who have problems with cow's milk do fine with goat's milk. I'm not a big milk drinker, but I love cheese, and goat, sheep, and buffalo cheeses cause no problems for me. No one seems to know what the difference is, but empirically it works a lot of the time. Worth a try.

I am not a doctor, nor an especially well-read layman (a term which originally meant non-priests, when priests, in Europe's Dark Ages, were the only educated class -- but I digress), but I do have a fair bit of personal experience in this area. If you can, and if you haven't done it already, it would probably be good to have your child tested for allergies, have their digestive system tested, and possibly (use caution on this one, as it can be dangerous if not done right) have them tested for toxic metals. (I'm currently undergoing the test for that -- you collect urine for 24 hours, take a sample of that, then take a drug which draws toxic metals, if any, out of the tissues, for three days, collect urine for 24 hours during the second day, take a sample of that, and send the samples off to a lab to be analyzed and compared. It's annoying, to say the least, but according to my doctor, it's the only good way to do this test.) At the very least, look into this and other things, if you haven't already.

Momma says no milk products of any kind until he's older and can better communicate what he's feeling. Her call. I know better than to argue! ;)

With the risks and costs of testing. We won't do that until we see a downturn. He's been a bright and happy boy. We figure to use our common sense and make sure that heavy metals aren't a common ingredient in his/our environment. Momma is real hip on being clean and uses old fashioned cleaning type chemicals. Much less dangerous chemicals to be exposed to.

We went through all of his toys and tested all new toys for lead. The test is not 100%. But there have been consistent lead reactions in mostly painted items from China. A lot of his toys came up positive.