PDA

View Full Version : Florida’s GOP-Led Senate Passes Gun Control for Gun Show Sales

Anti Federalist
01-22-2020, 04:07 PM
Florida’s GOP-Led Senate Passes Gun Control for Gun Show Sales

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/01/21/floridas-gop-led-senate-passes-gun-control-gun-show-sales/

AWR HAWKINS 21 Jan 2020

Florida’s Republican-led Senate passed gun control for firearm sales at gun shows in the Sunshine State.

The Senate President is Bill Galvano (R-Bradenton). On January 17, Breitbart News reported that Galvano received two donations from the Michael Bloomberg-funded Everytown for Gun Safety. One of the donations was in the amount of $200,000 and the other in the amount of $300.000.

The Tampa Bay Times reports that Galvano would not apologize for taking money from the gun control groups. Rather, he said he was “grateful for the support.”

The Florida Senate has now passed a new gun control requirement, part of an effort they describe as closing the so-called gun show loophole.

WFLA reports that the new requirement means that individuals selling personal firearms at gun shows must check the ID of the person buying the gun “and a form would need to be filled out and notarized in front of a witness.”

Selling a firearm at a gun show without filling out the form will be “a second-degree misdemeanor with a punishment of up to 60 days in jail.”

The NRA’s Marion Hammer commented on the gun control, saying, “It appears to be an actual attempt to ban private sales through red tape and fear. Asking average citizens to create what amounts to a government form and get it notarized is ridiculous.”

Sammy
01-22-2020, 04:46 PM
This is why I almost never vote Republican!

Origanalist
01-22-2020, 05:09 PM
I'm sure this will keep criminals from purchasing guns. Good job Senator.

Anti Globalist
01-22-2020, 05:11 PM
I hate Democrats that support gun control but I hate Republicans who support gun control just as much.

Matt Collins
01-22-2020, 08:00 PM
This article is factually incorrect.

Swordsmyth
01-22-2020, 08:03 PM
This article is factually incorrect.

What are the true facts?

nobody's_hero
01-23-2020, 07:16 AM
I'm sure this will keep criminals from purchasing guns. Good job Senator.

I'll admit I've never heard a criminal say, "well, my life of crime started when I saw this gun I really liked at a gun show."

*disclaimer I don't talk to many criminals.

**disclaimer for disclaimer . . . unless we here at RPF count.

Matt Collins
01-23-2020, 05:57 PM
What are the true facts?
It has passed out of 1 committee unanimously, is moving to the next committee where the Republican Chair is a gun grabber (and my state senator). There is a good chance it won't pass the entire senate, but it is guaranteed not to pass the house, especially since there is no companion bill, the speaker and the governor have both poo-pooed the thing.

unknown
01-24-2020, 11:48 PM
It has passed out of 1 committee unanimously, is moving to the next committee where the Republican Chair is a gun grabber (and my state senator). There is a good chance it won't pass the entire senate, but it is guaranteed not to pass the house, especially since there is no companion bill, the speaker and the governor have both poo-pooed the thing.

But Republicans still voted for and supported the goddam thing.

PAF
01-25-2020, 05:57 AM

It’s that 8D Chess thing we are supposed to trust and support, like that Omnibus and North American Union I mean USMCA (controlled by international labour and government tribunals). Trump was smart... plant the seeds and let states take it from there. So that he could be re-elected as a “republican”.

Sammy
01-25-2020, 08:08 AM
It’s that 8D Chess thing we are supposed to trust and support, like that Omnibus and North American Union I mean USMCA (controlled by international labour and government tribunals). Trump was smart... plant the seeds and let states take it from there. So that he could be re-elected as a “republican”.

Trump is not the first republican that goes after the 2nd amendment. Bush did it. Reagan supported gun control.
The Republican Party should stop lying to voters that they are for the constitution & for limited government 80-90% of republicans are secret leftists!
The Republican Party like the Democratic Party should be destroyed. They deserve it!

Slave Mentality
01-25-2020, 09:43 AM

Trump is not the first republican that goes after the 2nd amendment. Bush did it. Reagan supported gun control.
The Republican Party should stop lying to voters that they are for the constitution & for limited government 80-90% of republicans are secret leftists!
The Republican Party like the Democratic Party should be destroyed. They deserve it!

We have plenty of long time RPFers still trying to convince the rest of us that there is any significant difference between the two parties other than lip service.

They would rather engage in partisan politics than discuss the prison walls being erected right in front of our eyes by the entire political system, not any particular “party”. State control is just that. My state is nothing but (R)s and they hate liberty with the absolute best of them.

Neither the (R)s nor the (D)s want their peasants armed. The words coming out of their mealy mouths don’t mean a thing.

Party of fiscal responsibility? LOL

unknown
01-25-2020, 09:50 AM
We have plenty of long time RPFers still trying to convince the rest of us that there is any significant difference between the two parties other than lip service.

They would rather engage in partisan politics than discuss the prison walls being erected right in front of our eyes by the entire political system, not any particular “party”. State control is just that. My state is nothing but (R)s and they hate liberty with the absolute best of them.

Neither the (R)s nor the (D)s want their peasants armed. The words coming out of their mealy mouths don’t mean a thing.

I think youre right in a lot of ways but I still think there are a handful of Rs who are 2A purists although very few. Rand, Amash and Massie being the obvious exceptions.

Dems have zero.

But then the Rs who are supposed to be the party of inalienable rights and the constituion will support mass warrantless spying on Americans, civil asset forfeitures, endless wars, crazy spending, State secrecy, indefinite detentions, citizen watch lists, the citizen kill list etc, things you would imagine would be horrific in a free society.

donnay
01-25-2020, 10:00 AM
Wolves in Sheep's clothing. Nothing new under the sun.

Lots of people trust the NRA too. They have helped the gun grabbers...just sayin'

Swordsmyth
01-25-2020, 04:48 PM

There is a significant difference an denying it is counter productive.

We don't have a pure party that can win yet so we have to deal with what we have and try to make it better.

Danke
01-25-2020, 05:06 PM
I'd bet a lot of local (State, etc) Republicans are not for gun control.

The laws have reduced that last + decades.

Swordsmyth
01-25-2020, 05:08 PM
I'd bet a lot of local (State, etc) Republicans are not for gun control.

The laws have reduced that last + decades.
Leftarians and anarchists never give credit where credit is due.
They would lose their excuse for doing nothing if they did.

Slave Mentality
01-27-2020, 10:38 AM
There is a significant difference an denying it is counter productive.

We don't have a pure party that can win yet so we have to deal with what we have and try to make it better.

Denying that they are different wings of the same shitbird is why we are where we are with no end in sight. We make it better by exposing this reality.

Anti Globalist
01-27-2020, 01:00 PM
The Republican Party is horrible, but at least we got Ron, Rand, Amash, and Massie. Democrats don't have anyone on their side that can lift a candle to them.

enhanced_deficit
01-27-2020, 11:50 PM
Shouldn't surprise anyone; it is MAGA country with second White House there and its top leadership is fully indoctrinated in Trumpism :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1YP_zZJFXs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1YP_zZJFXs

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/3UmQnahLdjM/hqdefault.jpg

enhanced_deficit
01-27-2020, 11:59 PM
The Republican Party is horrible, but at least we got Ron, Rand, Amash, and Massie. Democrats don't have anyone on their side that can lift a candle to them.

+rep.

Dems used to have Kucinich, he was sort of a principled liberal and not too bad on some key issues.

Dems used to have Trump and Don Jr too but luckily Republicans plucked them.