PDA

View Full Version : Church Members Tackle Man Trying To Get In Who Was High On Meth

dannno
01-11-2020, 09:30 PM
https://a57.foxnews.com/media2.foxnews.com/BrightCove/694940094001/2020/01/10/931/524/694940094001_6121421170001_6121423074001-vs.jpg

Surveillance footage shows NC church members pushing intruder to ground before deputies arrive

https://www.wxii12.com/article/north-carolina-surveillance-footage-church-intruder/30456270

euphemia
01-11-2020, 09:45 PM
Dude is lucky it was two beefy guys and not a pack of grandmas giving him a purse whooping.

devil21
01-11-2020, 10:09 PM
That's exactly what Jesus would have done, too.

Schifference
01-12-2020, 07:43 AM
Can you go to an NA meeting high or an AA meeting drunk?

Do you know what this guys problem is?

He is not an illegal alien trans gender ***** or a person that has enough pigment.

Slave Mentality
01-12-2020, 08:09 AM
Thnkat's exactly what Jesus would have done, too.

Sounds like a real welcoming church.

Anti Globalist
01-12-2020, 08:26 AM
Forgive him Father for he has sinned.

RJB
01-12-2020, 08:37 AM
To those who think the church members were not welcoming enough: Is this bitterness from the last time you were thrown out of a church when you showed up tweaking on meth?

Seriously, I have never been kicked out of a church, nor have I known anyone who has. I have seen some pretty obnoxious meth heads. I think I will give the church goers the benefit of the doubt that they did the right thing.

tod evans
01-12-2020, 08:52 AM
To those who think the church members were not welcoming enough: Is this bitterness from the last time you were thrown out of a church when you showed up tweaking on meth?

Seriously, I have never been kicked out of a church, nor have I known anyone who has. I have seen some pretty obnoxious meth heads. I think I will give the church goers the benefit of the doubt that they did the right thing.

Private property.

They can give anyone the boot for any reason.

pcosmar
01-12-2020, 11:47 AM

Was my first thought.

RJB
01-12-2020, 01:27 PM
You guys sound a bit judgemental toward the exercising of property rights in this case. Why?

He is not an illegal alien trans gender ***** or a person that has enough pigment.

Was my first thought.

RJB
01-12-2020, 01:27 PM
You guys sound a bit judgemental toward the exercising of property rights in this case. Why?

Was my first thought.

Schifference
01-12-2020, 03:35 PM

I totally agree with property rights and think an owner or group can eject anyone they want. But, that doesn't change anything I said. NA has rules, Protected individuals can do whatever they want. Women can demand to become members of Men's clubs and so on.

euphemia
01-12-2020, 03:54 PM
If a church member thinks someone is coming in to do harm, he has an obligation to do something about it. Like, stop it. I notice nobody is mentioning the church member who shot someone who was trying to shoot up the church.

RJB
01-12-2020, 03:57 PM
If a church member thinks someone is coming in to do harm, he has an obligation to do something about it. Like, stop it. I notice nobody is mentioning the church member who shot someone who was trying to shoot up the church.

Lol. I was going to ask if they thought the person who defended that church was a bad Christian for not making the mass shooter feel more welcome.

Schifference
01-12-2020, 04:24 PM
Lol. I was going to ask if they thought the person who defended that church was a bad Christian for not making the mass shooter feel more welcome.

Turn the other Cheek.

RJB
01-12-2020, 04:30 PM
Turn the other Cheek.
To a slap, maybe, but a shotgun blast-- hell no!

euphemia
01-12-2020, 04:40 PM
Turn the other Cheek.

That’s when the choice is your own. Read it for yourself. The Bible never says to stand there and let someone come in and wreak havoc on your congregation.

All they did was put the man on the ground and subdue him until authorities could arrive.

pcosmar
01-12-2020, 04:50 PM

Jesus got loud about it.. And a whip to drive them out,,

But I don't think he punched anyone out..

Restraining a violent individual, and removing him is one thing...

But he obviously needs help and not a Beating..

There are a lot of churches in this country devoid of the Spirit of Christ..

pcosmar
01-12-2020, 04:51 PM
To a slap, maybe, but a shotgun blast-- hell no!

Was he armed?? I missed that..

I thought he was just unwelcome.

RJB
01-12-2020, 05:08 PM
Jesus got loud about it.. And a whip to drive them out,,

But I don't think he punched anyone out..

Restraining a violent individual, and removing him is one thing...

But he obviously needs help and not a Beating..

Have you ever tried to restrain a violent meth head? Things can get out of hand quickly. I have met many Baptists. I have met many addicts. I will give the Baptists the benefit of the doubt in this scenario.

There are a lot of churches in this country devoid of the Spirit of Christ..

That is quite a blanket statement about many people you don't know. Speck meet plank...

RJB
01-12-2020, 05:09 PM
Was he armed?? I missed that..

I thought he was just unwelcome.
Euphemia and I mentioned the Texas Church shootout.

euphemia
01-12-2020, 05:10 PM
I didn’t see a beating. There wasn’t much video to see. Two guys subdue a disorderly man and keep him there until authorities arrive. I think the Fox headline was rather sensational without video or a story. The second link had the video.

Anti Globalist
01-12-2020, 05:49 PM
I hope that man can get his life together and get off the drugs.

tod evans
01-12-2020, 06:07 PM
Have you ever tried to restrain a violent meth head? Things can get out of hand quickly. I have met many Baptists. I have met many addicts. I will give the Baptists the benefit of the doubt in this scenario.

I've known many Baptists, the doper got off easy.

pcosmar
01-13-2020, 12:18 PM
Have you ever tried to restrain a violent meth head?

I have disarmed a Violent Homosexual Attacker ,,Naked In a shower..

Does that count..

I had to beat a Violent attacker Carefully one Night... The punk had AIDS,, it took a Neighbor with a Gun to put an end to it..

I don't like violence,,it is never my first choice,,when I have a choice.

I have diffused many violent men much larger than myself. (I'm small)

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

I don't like Violence,,but it is a mistake to think I won't use it,, It is just not my first option.

dannno
01-13-2020, 12:23 PM
From what I could tell from reading articles, his girlfriend was in the church and he was there to confront her about something.

I don't think he was there to go to church.

oyarde
01-13-2020, 12:25 PM
I guess Danke will be more careful next time .

RJB
01-13-2020, 12:25 PM
I have disarmed a Violent Homosexual Attacker ,,Naked In a shower..

Does that count..

I had to beat a Violent attacker Carefully one Night... The punk had AIDS,, it took a Neighbor with a Gun to put an end to it..

I don't like violence,,it is never my first choice,,when I have a choice.

I have diffused many violent men much larger than myself. (I'm small)

I don't like Violence,,but it is a mistake to think I won't use it,, It is just not my first option.
Ok, so you do understand what the church members went through.

RJB
01-13-2020, 01:12 PM
From what I could tell from reading articles, his girlfriend was in the church and he was there to confront her about something.

I don't think he was there to go to church.

Exactly. People demand tolerance for themselves while being disrespectful to others. It doesn't seem like he went there to repent. And the church was supposed to welcome a loudmouth crackhead!

My two brothers and I went to church drunk off our asses back in my 20s when I was an atheist. We promised my mom we would attend midnight mass with her after going to Uncle Kenny's Christmas Eve party. She should have known, lol. Did I get kicked out? No! I kept my mouth shut and was respectful.

I see a bunch of people making snide remarks about Christians needing to be more welcoming. The border issue is an example. A person in Venezuela votes for Hugo Chavez to socialize their country and disarm them. This leads to them showing up at our borders expecting to be welcomed with open arms so they can vote in our elections, wreck our economy and disarm us.

Pardon me if people these days are wearing out their welcome.

devil21
01-13-2020, 08:11 PM
I hope that man can get his life together and get off the drugs.

Haven't you heard? It's now government's job to do that, not community resources like churches. Pffft so old fashioned. Churches are now for hearing about how great Israel is, passing the collection plate and watching in constant paranoia for a mass shooter to enter.

RJB
01-14-2020, 10:09 PM
Just a reminder. "Unconditional love does not mean unconditional acceptance of bad behavior."