PDA

View Full Version : 10% toward the blimp?

Compulsive1
12-14-2007, 09:57 PM
If one of the member's analysis is correct, Ron Paul Campaign should stay away from the blimp as to preserve its unique legal status and protect its orginizers. See the thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=605864&posted=1#post605864
and
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=50799

Should the Tea Party donors who really believe in the blimp set aside a portion of the donation on 16th and just give it to Liberty directly? I think that if Ron Paul campaign had their way, they would keep the blimp in the air throughout the primaries- at least until Super Tuesday- Feb 5 2008.

idiom
12-14-2007, 10:20 PM
Heck no.

Blimp offical policy, give to Tea Party first and to the Blimp after you are maxed out.

*9* posts... you are new so yeah. We are trying to as much as we can independently of the Campaign. That way the campaign can really focus on winning with excellent strategy.

fletcher
12-14-2007, 10:29 PM
That is a terrible idea.

Compulsive1
12-14-2007, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the pointer about Blimp policy, but the condescending attitude toward a poster based on the number of his/her posts is silly. It's really not that hard to top your 195 posts- just look at some trolls around here.
My first donation to the Ron Paul campaign goes back to May 07- I'm not a newb, thank you.

Compulsive1
12-14-2007, 11:12 PM
Heck no.

Blimp offical policy, give to Tea Party first and to the Blimp after you are maxed out.

*9* posts... you are new so yeah. We are trying to as much as we can independently of the Campaign. That way the campaign can really focus on winning with excellent strategy.

Man from La Mancha Senior Member (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=899) said:

I can't afford to max out but I still give some money for the blimp because I feel like I can double my monies worth from the PR and the increased donations from it.
He's got like 15 times the number of your posts. I think this makes him more right than you!:p
(all in good spirit- no need to start a flame war)

jake
12-14-2007, 11:24 PM
no

thekeeper
12-14-2007, 11:37 PM
I personally have given to the blimp. This was not money that I was going to give to the campaign.

The Tea Party can send a big message to the voters and the media (who will convey the message to the voters).

I support the blimp, but I feel that the Tea Party should be our primary focus right now.

We should be able to determine the impact of the blimp over the next week, now that it is flying. The blimp needs $400,000 by the 21st. We should be able to tell if it is a wise investment during the next five days.

If the Tea Party is a big success, the Blimp could benefit from this in the media. Blimp advertising purchases will then start to escalate.

I personally think that many potential Blimp contributors are waiting to see how it is received early next week. If it is percieved as a success then support will flow in.

Compulsive1
12-15-2007, 12:00 AM
I just hope they get to show it off in its full intended glory (both sides dressed) before the 21st, and then we have enough time to collect the rent for its next couple of months before the owner calls it back home.

Energy
12-15-2007, 12:25 AM
Teaparty is #1 priority.

The publicity of the 16th will help bring in people to donate for the blimp.

Donate on the 16th til it hurts! If you want, charge credit card responsibly and pay it off the following month or two. What is freedom worth?

AAjax
12-15-2007, 12:56 AM
The teaparty is the collective cry of the revolution, the blimp may be its calling card but the teaparty is at the very heart of the matter.

kylejack
12-15-2007, 01:12 AM
Looks like I need to get back to work. Anyone who robs money from the Tea Party gets thrown overboard. HEAVE...HO!

Menthol Patch
12-15-2007, 01:14 AM
Tea Party 1st!

ctb619
12-15-2007, 02:34 AM
Every last dime of mine is going to HQ on the 16th.

jrich4rpaul
12-15-2007, 02:40 AM
Max out in campaign donations on the Tea Party, then do whatever you want after that. Candidate's are measured mostly by fundraising so we have to play that game first.

SWPitcher42
12-15-2007, 02:57 AM
I actually thought about this possibility as well. If the situation would arise where the campaign has fielded around 6 million dollars, which would put them at 18 and comfortable enough to manage a small portion being redirected towards the blimp, why not. After all, it's the name that needs to get out, and I think the blimp does a great job of doing just that. The message is spreading like wildfire, and the name is the spark.

damon04
12-15-2007, 03:00 AM
Max out the donations for the tea party = #1 priority of the weekend... That is our collective cry as someone above so eloquently put... anymore you donate definitly go to the blimp... What a creative way to get the name RON PAUL out there!!! It must fly all through Feb. 5th at LEAST, maybe even longer if we can manage...

kylejack
12-15-2007, 03:06 AM
I actually thought about this possibility as well. If the situation would arise where the campaign has fielded around 6 million dollars, which would put them at 18 and comfortable enough to manage a small portion being redirected towards the blimp, why not. After all, it's the name that needs to get out, and I think the blimp does a great job of doing just that. The message is spreading like wildfire, and the name is the spark.
Yes, I see, very interesting.

NOW WALK THE PLANK.

jrich4rpaul
12-15-2007, 03:32 AM

News headlines on CNN > blimp flying over 2 states.

Nice try. But no.