PDA

View Full Version : Not only was Trevor right

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-14-2007, 09:30 PM
nt

hard@work
12-14-2007, 09:41 PM
Trevor, I am hard to impress. I am 4.3 million didn't phase me hard to impress. After watching you on PBS - I am flippin impressed. Way to play it perfectly. Your integrity was shining through. It almost felt like there was some Dr. Paul honesty in you.

Please, never stop.

edt. (the blimp, that did impress me. Had to add that hehe )

JosephTheLibertarian
12-14-2007, 09:41 PM
It is about Ron Paul lol he's the candidate

yongrel
12-14-2007, 09:43 PM
Yup, Trevor got a lot of points in my book for that interview. Awesome job man!

literatim
12-14-2007, 09:43 PM
Trevor should run for a political office as a Ron Paul Republican.

In fact, everyone should see about running as a Ron Paul Republican .

BrianH
12-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Trevor, I am hard to impress. I am 4.3 million didn't phase me hard to impress. After watching you on PBS - I am flippin impressed. Way to play it perfectly. Your integrity was shining through. It almost felt like there was some Dr. Paul honesty in you.

Please, never stop.

edt. (the blimp, that did impress me. Had to add that hehe )

Yeah - my wife and I really were impressed - way cool! And that interviewer - her mouth literally drops open - I think she is in love with Trevor!

FrankRep
12-14-2007, 09:45 PM
It's about the Message, not about Ron Paul (he's only a man).

Ron Paul completely agrees with this.

voytechs
12-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Trevor!!! That was great!!!!

firebirdnation
12-14-2007, 09:46 PM
It is about Ron Paul lol he's the candidate

Exactly, I don't understand why folks are suggesting it’s not about Ron Paul! Would these same folks vote for Romney or Rudy if they started taking like Ron Paul? Its all about Ron Paul, its about his message, his morals, his consistency, his voting record, his sincerity, etc, etc. :)

CanadiansLoveRonPaul
12-14-2007, 09:49 PM
Its not about Ron Paul.

Where are you seeing this interview?

FrankRep
12-14-2007, 09:49 PM
Exactly, I don't understand why folks are suggesting it’s not about Ron Paul! Would these same folks vote for Romney or Rudy if they started taking like Ron Paul? Its all about Ron Paul, its about his message, his morals, his consistency, his voting record, his sincerity, etc, etc. :)

Ron Paul himself said that it's NOT about him. He is only the messenger!

firebirdnation
12-14-2007, 09:50 PM
It's about the Message, not about Ron Paul (he's only a man).

Ron Paul completely agrees with this.

He is the man who is going to do what he says he is going to do. If Romney adopts Ron Pauls message, will you trust him enough to vote for him? Ron Paul is the man behind the message, and a man we can trust. I am not voting for him soley because I agree with his message, but rather, because I know he is honest and has a voting record to back it up.

firebirdnation
12-14-2007, 09:51 PM

Of course he did, and that is because he is a humble man! Another reason I think he is the best guy out there.

me3
12-14-2007, 09:51 PM
Trevor seems like a decent man. I wish people weren't so quick to criticize him in a personal manner, when they may not even know what he looks like, or what he is all about.

Trevor should run for a political office as a Ron Paul Republican.

In fact, everyone should see about running as a Ron Paul Republican .
Wouldn't that be something. 50,000 people running for Congress.

Ron Paul Fan
12-14-2007, 09:52 PM
This is an AMERICAN cause! It's a cause of FREEDOM! Ron Paul is the REPRESENTATIVE of this cause and it is because of the message AND his consistency upholding the message and his humbleness, kindness, and good morals that people are attracted to his campaign. It's up to us to spread this message around the world! Trevor is a true patriot and champion of liberty! He's a great spokesman for us and he deserves all of the praise that he gets!

JosephTheLibertarian
12-14-2007, 09:54 PM

You're not supposed to take that literally :rolleyes:

Liberty Star
12-14-2007, 09:55 PM
It is our Revolution, Ron Paul is part of it as are we.

That is what Ron Paul says.

Trevor is saying the same thing. Great job Trevor with all you super efforts!

ronpaulitician
12-14-2007, 09:57 PM
Huh?

I thought politicians are supposed to be representatives. I don't represent Paul, Paul represents me.

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-14-2007, 09:57 PM
nt

transistor
12-14-2007, 09:58 PM
it's all about ron paul. i only support him because i can trust him. look at his voting record

firebirdnation
12-14-2007, 10:02 PM
Huh?

I thought politicians are supposed to be representatives. I don't represent Paul, Paul represents me.

Excactly, and he is the only one I trust to represent me, and therefore, its about the man and the message.

ronpaulitician
12-14-2007, 10:03 PM
Excactly, and he is the only one I trust to represent me, and therefore, its about the man and the message.
Would the movement end without Paul?

FrankRep
12-14-2007, 10:04 PM
Where's the video?

firebirdnation
12-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Would the movement end without Paul?

I honestly have no idea. Who do you see stepping up to the plate with the message and credentials to match Pauls'? Ron Paul is risking it all for the message he brings to the table.

ronpaulitician
12-14-2007, 10:11 PM
I honestly have no idea. Who do you see stepping up to the plate with the message and credentials to match Pauls'? Ron Paul is risking it all for the message he brings to the table.
Rand? Lew? Stossel? I don't know. What I believe is happening is that individuals are more and more able to separate them from the spoonfed news, opion and entertainment they get from television, radio and newspapers. This, I think, will bring the kind of change that will be needed to get the United States, and with it hopefully the world, back on the right track. I do not believe that if Paul doesn't win, whether in the primary or general election, it's all over. That report about Iran having stopped their nuclear weapons program may have bought us the four years needed to get us to 2012, where we may get one more shot at redemption.

m4ff3w
12-14-2007, 10:13 PM
Where's the video?
I second this question.

jmunjr
12-14-2007, 10:19 PM
Sadly I have some skeletons otherwise I'd seriously consider trying to run for the House some time in the future. Despite my tainted past I can honestly say I would pretty much do what Ron Paul would do...

firebirdnation
12-14-2007, 10:22 PM
Rand? Lew? Stossel? I don't know. What I believe is happening is that individuals are more and more able to separate them from the spoonfed news, opion and entertainment they get from television, radio and newspapers. This, I think, will bring the kind of change that will be needed to get the United States, and with it hopefully the world, back on the right track. I do not believe that if Paul doesn't win, whether in the primary or general election, it's all over. That report about Iran having stopped their nuclear weapons program may have bought us the four years needed to get us to 2012, where we may get one more shot at redemption.

Didn’t Bush run on the same foreign policy of no pre-emptive war, no nation building, etc, that Paul is currently running on? How many folks were duped into voting for Democrats in the last election under the guise they were going to end the war in Iraq and bring our troops home? In fact, the majority of Ron Pauls positions are old school republican positions. But many of Pauls positions cross political boundaries and this is why he brings everyone together. How do you define his positions, Libertarian, Republican, Democrat, or a little of each? Fact is, Ron Paul is unique and has unique ideas that are his own. He is the man behind the message and he is the man I trust to deliver on his promises.

Is Lew, Rand, and Stossel running for office?

american.swan
12-14-2007, 10:25 PM
Wouldn't that be something. 50,000 people running for Congress.

Let's do it!!!! YES!!!! Is there a second?

Birdlady
12-14-2007, 10:27 PM
You're not supposed to take that literally :rolleyes:

But you agree that even if RP doesn't get the nomination this movement will continue on, right?

So it isn't just about RP. It's the message. :D

Myerz
12-14-2007, 10:32 PM
It's called integrity people. Sure, the message will live on, but one would be hard pressed to find a man with Ron's integrity.

Dr. NO is the man.

Check this out..... Dr. Know...I know it's not spelled right but I knew this guys, alocal punk band from Oxnard Ca. Funny...Dr. No....Dr. Know

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:DrKnow-logo.gif

firebirdnation
12-14-2007, 10:33 PM
But you agree that even if RP doesn't get the nomination this movement will continue on, right?

So it isn't just about RP. It's the message. :D

The ideas Ron Paul puts forth have always been here, but those carrying the message were all liars, and nobody has ever put them together the way he has. Ron Pauls message is a little Republican, a little Democrat, and a little Libertarian, or what some may call old school republican. And I don't think anyone said it was only about RP, but rather, its about RP and the message.

In the video the interviewer asks Trevor why he supports Ron Paul, and he said it was about the war. The interviewer says something about there being other anti-war candidates out there, and Trevor says something to the effect that there was 2006 and he felt betrayed by the democrats. Therefore one can draw the conclusion that he believes that Ron Paul will end the war and bring the troops home. This is why I don't understand his comment that its not about Ron Paul, but the message. Other candidates had the same anti-war message, but they were all liars!

What movement are you expecting to carry on long after Paul is out of the White house?

Mahkato
12-14-2007, 10:38 PM
I'm assuming this is the video (http://www.pbs.org/now/shows/350/video.html) you're talking about.

slantedview
12-14-2007, 10:39 PM
If ron paul didn't exist, perhaps neither could this movement, if you want to think of it as a movement. No other man so deeply embodies the principles we all support. His entire record in Congress is a testament to his principles. Who else can say the same? True, this movement isn't all about Ron Paul, but there has to be some person to move things forward, and I can't imagine anyone else ever being as qualified as him.

firebirdnation
12-14-2007, 10:48 PM
If ron paul didn't exist, perhaps neither could this movement, if you want to think of it as a movement. No other man so deeply embodies the principles we all support. His entire record in Congress is a testament to his principles. Who else can say the same? True, this movement isn't all about Ron Paul, but there has to be some person to move things forward, and I can't imagine anyone else ever being as qualified as him.

QFT, I agree 100%.

Birdlady
12-14-2007, 10:51 PM
What movement are you expecting to carry on long after Paul is out of the White house?

Do you realize how close we are from becoming a total police state. I assure you, when the time comes we won't need a leader. We will know it's time to band together to take our country back.

firebirdnation
12-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Do you realize how close we are from becoming a total police state. I assure you, when the time comes we won't need a leader. We will know it's time to band together to take our country back.

:confused: I thought with the introduction of the Patriot Act, we were already in a police state. But, Ron Paul is the man who is going to put us back on the right Path!

Lucid American
12-14-2007, 10:56 PM
Great interview Trevor!

Cleaner44
12-14-2007, 11:01 PM

In the bigger picture The Ron Paul Revolution goes beyond Ron Paul. He is the man of course, but each of us doing our part is important too. Our job will not stop after he is elected. We will have to lean on Congress, we will have to run for Congress. Some of us already are becoming Precinct Councilman and Delagates. We can not fall asleep after putting Ron Paul in the White House.

So no, its not all about Ron Paul, its about restoring our Republic and it starts with Ron Paul. He is the man!

Birdlady
12-14-2007, 11:04 PM
:confused: I thought with the introduction of the Patriot Act, we were already in a police state. But, Ron Paul is the man who is going to put us back on the right Path!

We are in the beginning stages. We aren't getting our retinas scanned yet as we leave our houses and tracked where we go through out the day. Nor have they completely implemented the national ID card. We will be scanning our cards when we buy and sell anything and paying a tax on what we buy according to our incomes to make it "fair". Insurance companies will be keeping track of everything you buy and raise your premium accordingly. They are just getting you ready with those free smart shopper cards. You eat too much red meat or buy real butter instead of margarine? Well we will need to put you in the high risk category. Butter will start to increase in price with what your ID card says. Certain foods you won't be able to buy at all. (but that doesn't mean they are bad--it's what THEY say is bad).

Now THAT is a police state. This is only the beginning.

firebirdnation
12-14-2007, 11:07 PM
We are in the beginning stages. We aren't getting our retinas scanned yet as we leave our houses and tracked where we go through out the day. Nor have they completely implemented the national ID card. We will be scanning our cards when we buy and sell anything and paying a tax on what we buy according to our incomes to make it "fair". Insurance companies will be keeping track of everything you buy and raise your premium accordingly. They are just getting you ready with those free smart shopper cards. You eat too much red meat or buy real butter instead of margarine? Well we will need to put you in the high risk category. Butter will start to increase in price with what your ID card says. Certain foods you won't be able to buy at all. (but that doesn't mean they are bad--it's what THEY say is bad).

Now THAT is a police state. This is only the beginning.

I am sure we have differing opinions on what constitutes a police state, but at least we are on the same side and fighting to get our country back on the right path. :)

inibo
12-14-2007, 11:40 PM
The are lots of Ron Pauls out there. That is to say principled intelligent people who are capable of mature governance, but who would never have considered it because of the cesspool we call politics. Especially the process of obtaining and keeping office.

Our Ron Paul is a seed crystal that has grown like a fractal through us. We are demonstrating that principled intelligent people can gain enough political support without crawling through the filth to obtain office. All that is required is the message of freedom and the ability to communicate it.

I don't think we are quite there yet, but as we continue to drive this campaign toward victory, we will reach a point where we are able to find promote and support those among us--and by "us" I mean the entire electorate who votes for Ron Paul--and get them into congress. Remember the US House of Representatives stands for election every two years. In 2010 if we could put even 10 Ron Paul representatives in the House and a few in each state legislature--something I believe we are quite capable of doing--we would be laying the groundwork for an American Renaissance.

Maybe it's because I'm old enough to realize ten years is very short time, but however then next few months turn out, I think the next couple of decades are going to be very interesting.

the_oco
12-15-2007, 12:11 AM
Maybe it's because I'm old enough to realize ten years is very short time, but however then next few months turn out, I think the next couple of decades are going to be very interesting.

Agreed! No matter how this election turns out I think everyone here has to be committed to keeping this grassroots network alive. If we all stick together and start promoting more politicians like Ron to positions of power we will truly be a 'movement' and be able to bring about our New American Revolution.

m4ff3w
12-18-2007, 01:29 PM
Did this ever get YouTubed?

burningfur
12-18-2007, 01:30 PM
I always thought Trevor was a punk, but his humility was apparent in the interview.

Thumbs up. :)