PDA

View Full Version : Could Joe Scarborough endorse Ron Paul?

VoteRonPaul2008
12-14-2007, 09:29 PM
I know he's a bit of an over confident prick.. I still like him though lol.. we're both aries

But read this, it's from wiki:

Scarborough was regarded as a reliable conservative, receiving a 95 percent life time rating from the American Conservative Union.[5]. He signed the Contract with America, and was part of the 1994 Republican takeover of the House, led by Newt Gingrich. Scarborough served on the Armed Services, Judiciary, Government Reform, and Education committees. In 1998, he was named Chairman of the Civil Service Committee.

Scarborough was one of a group of about 40 GOP freshmen legislators who dubbed themselves the "New Federalists" after the Federalist Papers. Scarborough was elected Political Director of the incoming legislators. The New Federalists called for sweeping cuts in the U.S. government, including plans to "privatize, localize, consolidate, [or] eliminate"[6] the Departments of Commerce, Education, Energy and Housing and Urban Development, but were largely unsuccessful in their goals. Gingrich tapped Scarborough to head a Republican task force on education, and Scarborough declared "Our goal is to get as much money, power and authority out of Washington and get as much money, power and authority into the classroom as possible."[2]

Scarborough sponsored a bill to force the U.S. to withdraw from the United Nations after a four year transition.

thoughts?

Ron Paul Fan
12-14-2007, 09:32 PM
I doubt he'll endorse anybody as he probably wants to remain somewhat objective on his show. He's said good things about Ron Paul in the past and he's had him on his show a couple times, and that's probably all you'll get out of him.

sparebulb
12-14-2007, 09:51 PM
He, like many other "conservative" pundits, will endorse RP once it is obvious that he will win.

ronpaulitician
12-14-2007, 10:00 PM
It might actually be better for those pundits that are in favor of him to NOT endorse him. That way, they can continue to have him on their shows, acting as somewhat of a devil's advocate, throwing Paul a few softballs every now and then. (Note that I actually prefer to see Paul deal with the tough questions, as that allows him to pre-empty some of his critics.)

Chester Copperpot
12-14-2007, 10:05 PM
My friend works for Joe Scarborough and does his make up in the morning. He is interested in whats going on in the Ron Paul community even if he doesnt talk about it all the time on his show.

dircha
12-14-2007, 10:06 PM
Hasn't Hannity endorsed Giuliani?

If so, I don't see why he Scarborough couldn't endorse someone, unless his contract is different.

hueylong
12-14-2007, 10:09 PM
People who work for media outlets like Joe Scarborough don't endorse political candidates.

Huey