PDA

View Full Version : The Official Paul/Romney Wild Speculation Thread

TheNewYorker
12-14-2007, 09:05 PM
Since this is starting to be come a topic that keeps coming up here on the forums, I thought it should have it's own thread.

Ok, let's look at the facts.
Ron Paul issued a press release last week defending Mitt Romney and his religion.
Ron Paul has been very friendly to Romney and vice-versa at debates and post-debate sessions. (See Photo Below)
Mitt Romney is starting to adopt "libertarian" viewpoints similar to Ron Paul. For instance, he is starting to bring up the constitution a lot more, saying we should follow it. And also Mitt Romney seems to have layed off the pro-war rhetoric.
Paul and Romney have both hired a special interests group to attack Huckabee in Iowa, see this thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=54162).
Romney is the only other front-runner besides Paul that we can not verify CFR membership status. Romney has also publically denied being a member of the CFR.

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2629/81881871rp1.jpg

Now, your thoughts?

Paul4Prez
12-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Romney would make a good Commerce Secretary in the Paul Administration.

BlueGecko
12-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Don't think they mesh that well plus presidential candidates can say what they want but RP voting record shows past that power does not corrupt him.

Ksuperneau
hahahaha

angrydragon
I don't trust Romney too much.

rpfreedom08
12-14-2007, 09:10 PM
dude, libertyinny you are reading wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much into this! Chill out a bit. I think what’s going on is the media is artificially pumping up huckafuck witch is really messing up romney's and paul's campaign.

edit: My only thoughts on the picture is I think Rudy is farting.

nullzero
12-14-2007, 09:10 PM
I think this is more of just a stragetic partnership against a common foe... Huckabee.

ChristopherJ
12-14-2007, 09:11 PM
Wonder if Romney consulted his lawyers first?

forsmant
12-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Romney looks like an evil hollywood politician. No President's first name should be Mitt.

Tedhunter
12-14-2007, 09:13 PM
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Huck needs to be taken down a peg for misrepresenting himself.

rpfreedom08
12-14-2007, 09:14 PM
fuck, huck needs to be taken down more then a peg. he needs to be smashed in the dirt before becoming another bush.

Ron Paul Fan
12-14-2007, 09:14 PM
LOL! He shook the guys' hand and they both want to get rid of Huckabee in Iowa. They must be in cahoots! Great work on solving the case Columbo!

TheNewYorker
12-14-2007, 09:16 PM
LOL! He shook the guys' hand and they both want to get rid of Huckabee in Iowa. They must be in cahoots! Great work on solving the case Columbo!

Ok good job nitpicking point #2 and #4 while overlooking #1 #3 and #5

JoeySweets
12-14-2007, 09:18 PM
I like it.

Paul/Romney 2008!!

Perry
12-14-2007, 09:19 PM

You are correct. Let me just state for the record that there is NO WAY that Ron Paul would choose Romney as a running mate. It would go against everything that he has stood for for the past thirty years. Put it out of your minds people it's never going to happen.

hvac ak47
12-14-2007, 09:20 PM
dude, libertyinny you are reading wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much into this! Chill out a bit. I think what’s going on is the media is artificially pumping up huckafuck witch is really messing up romney's and paul's campaign.

Funny as hell!! I think your right!!:D

Revolution9
12-14-2007, 09:21 PM
They say RP is nutty and fringe.. Beck is also a Mormon.

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/video/70372/

:cool:
Randy

Ron Paul Fan
#1 is a little jab at Huckabee for bringing religion into all of this. Not sure about #3. They didn't get a chance to talk about the war at the last debate. Where have you seen Romney talking about bringing the troops home? #5 is irrelevant as just because he's not CFR doesn't mean they're working together. Are Paul, Tancredo, Kucinich, Gravel, and Hunter all teaming up just because they aren't CFR? Absolutely not. You're reading too much into this. They have a common interest and that's to bring Huckabee down. That's it.

forsmant
Point one is Ron defending the first amendment.
Point three is your opinion.
Point five is unverified and irrelevent. CFR membership does not mean pro war. Take Chuck Hagel for instance. He is highly critical of the Iraq war and the Bush administration. He is also a member of the CFR. Belonging to a group doesn't mean you share one brain.

TheNewYorker
12-14-2007, 09:22 PM
I like it.

Paul/Romney 2008!!

I'll have to agree. You know, Romney seems like a genuine guy. He flipped flopped a bit, but in one of the debates where he was critisized about it, his answer was pretty good. He admitted his ways about being pro-abortion before were wrong and that he saw the light. It sounded like a good answer to me. He admitted his wrong doing.

noztnac
12-14-2007, 09:23 PM
The first Mormon vp. Romney should actually think long and hard about this. Ron Paul is very old and may end up serving only one term.

As long as it ends up Romney being corrupted by freedom, liberty, and adherence to the constitution I don't mind a bit.

I honestly think Romney just wants to be the president. He doesn't really stand for anything. Maybe after serving as a VP under a Ron Paul administration he will learn something and adopt libertarian principles.

Four years of them working remarkably would make it a very good sell.

ChristopherJ
12-14-2007, 09:25 PM
You are correct. Let me just state for the record that there is NO WAY that Ron Paul would choose Romney as a running mate. It would go against everything that he has stood for for the past thirty years. Put it out of your minds people it's never going to happen.

True but Romney might have thoughts about recruiting RP. He probably has fundraising envy.

He would be the only one I can think of that might consider it.

rpfreedom08
12-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Funny as hell!! I think your right!!:D

lol what a great spirited friday :) I needed this badly after this week..... I think we all did. Hey so you need to pm me about what the best ak47 is to get. I've been on the fence with witch one I need to get. I know arsenal probably makes the best but I'm really looking for a good core ak so I can convert it into a tactical type weapon. Anyways sorry that was way off topic.

jasonoliver
12-14-2007, 09:27 PM
This will never happen. The odds of Fred Thompson as VP is about 1000 times greater than Romney! Either way RP will pick someone much better than any of those suckers.

jenninlouisiana
I would reconsider my support for Paul if he chose romney as his runningmate.

forsmant
Don't go shooting up any malls with your ak! :D That is Omaha stlye

RPsupporterAtHeart
12-14-2007, 09:31 PM
MY GOD PEOPLE! Can't we forget this behind the scenes conspiracy with Mitt and Ron and FOCUS on the real issue at hand?

GULIANI's picture!

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/076iaEYcGTeUo/610x.jpg

FireofLiberty
12-14-2007, 09:32 PM
Allow me to quote myself in response to LibertyInNY's thoughts on this picture and the while, absurd, baseless, blown out of proportion and just plain silly Paul/Romney thing from another thread:

A PATTERN IN THE ORDER OF PEOPLE ON THE STAGE!11!!!11! IT'S A CONSPIRACY11!!!111!!

DO YOU HEAR THAT!? IT'S THE BLACK HELICOPTERS!!11! PUT ON YOUR TINFOIL HATS!!11!!!

I mean, really, you actually think that means something?

DRV45N05
12-14-2007, 09:34 PM
Mitt and Fred are the only ones of the "Five" who haven't had a head-to-head, disrespectful confrontation with Ron over war. Mitt tried it in the ABC Iowa debate and wanted the opportunity to do it in the Fox New Hampshire debate, but nonetheless he hasn't done it.

As for Mitt talking about the Constitution more... they all are. Tancredo is literally stealing Ron Paul's lines word for word.

Jimmy
12-14-2007, 09:37 PM
Ya....I agree with this...no dought in my mind they are teaming up....afterwards there going fishng together in never never land, where it rains beer and whiskey and the women don't wear any clothes.
I'd say Ron Paul is more likely to team up with Dick Cheney than Romney .....meaning this is hands down, no chit the dumbest thing I have read on this forum in awhile.

forsmant
12-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Mitt, Mitt, Mitt.

No one will vote for anyone named Mitt.

People are irrational. What the hell is a Mitt? A catchers mitt?
People will decide not to vote for Mitt because of his ridiculous name. Oh and he is a morman.

RPsupporterAtHeart
12-14-2007, 09:40 PM
As for Mitt talking about the Constitution more... they all are. Tancredo is literally stealing Ron Paul's lines word for word.

OF course he is, becaue Tancredo is also secretly running an alliance to consolodate his own supporters with RP's ideals, so when he bows out and give RP his endorsement everyone switches to RP from Tancredo (which is like 35 more people)

hvac ak47
12-14-2007, 09:40 PM
I cant help but LoL every time I see that picture! As far as Ak47s, the Romanian sar-1 is the cheapest I think you will find. The reciever is stamped not milled but you will not have a problem with the gun. If you live in Maryland I can get you one for about $350.

FireofLiberty
12-14-2007, 09:41 PM
Tancredo is literally stealing Ron Paul's lines word for word.

You've got that right. It's absolutely ridiculous how obvious and sad it is. He's so desperate he's hoping he can spark some kind of Ron Paul caliber support at the last minute by talking about the Constitution. Too bad for him he's too little too late and while he may now talk the talk, he doesn't walk the walk and never had. Ron Paul does and always has.

Menthol Patch
12-14-2007, 09:43 PM
All the other candidates are hard core neo-cons. The idea that Ron Paul would run with any of them is INSANE.

dircha
12-14-2007, 09:43 PM
Romney is pro-war, pro-preemptive war, pro-torture, pro-government managed education, and pro-socialized medicine.

Anti Federalist
12-14-2007, 09:44 PM
Willard "Double the size of Gitmo" Romney...:confused:

Another machine hack.

Outside of defending, in generalized terms, a pretty obscene hit on his religious beliefs, best to ignore.

aroberso
12-14-2007, 09:45 PM

QFT. Thanks for making me spit milk out my nose on that one...

Anti Federalist
12-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Oh, and of course his solution to the "health care crisis" in Massachusetts was to make it illegal for you to exist without having health insurance, without regard to employment or health history.

Essentially, a "breathing tax".

Chester Copperpot
12-14-2007, 09:47 PM
ANYTHING SUBSTANTIAL FROM THIS WILD SPECULATION THREAD YET?
ANYBODY?

hvac ak47
12-14-2007, 09:50 PM
ANYTHING SUBSTANTIAL FROM THIS WILD SPECULATION THREAD YET?
ANYBODY?

The picture was funny!!

rpfreedom08
12-14-2007, 09:50 PM
I cant help but LoL every time I see that picture! As far as Ak47s, the Romanian sar-1 is the cheapest I think you will find. The reciever is stamped not milled but you will not have a problem with the gun. If you live in Maryland I can get you one for about $350.

I don't care about cheap I really want just the best or close to it. Is a wasr-10 any good? Is stamped better or worse then milled? Thanks so far man I have no idea what I'm looking for but I know I like the reliability of the ak over the ar.

hvac ak47
12-14-2007, 10:04 PM
I don't care about cheap I really want just the best or close to it. Is a wasr-10 any good? Is stamped better or worse then milled? Thanks so far man I have no idea what I'm looking for but I know I like the reliability of the ak over the ar.

Well Ill be honest Im no expert on Aks, but milled is better and I think one would cost like 1500. The wasr-10 is the new sar-1, Im not sure what the difference is though. I think the wasr at the bottom were the magazine goes is kinda shaved larger to fit high cap mags were the old sar-1 came stamped with the larger opening. I would go with either one of those, in my mind expensive doesnt equal better. The guns are gonna shoot the same with very little problems if any at all.
I have a freind who is licensed to sell guns right out of his house and I can get good prices but you would have to be in Maryland. I suggest anyone thinking of owning an assault riffle to hurry and get one while you can. Some crazy politicians are trying to ban them!!!:eek:

B of R guy
12-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Mitt Flip Flop Romney is basically a good guy. But he is a "manager", a technocrat, that only believes in the next move that will get him elected. He has surely noticed the commitment and drive of Paul supporters and looks to tap into that.

Mitt is the antithesis of to hell with the polls, Mr. CONVICTION, Ron Paul.

itsnobody
12-14-2007, 10:33 PM
nah, this thread is BS it takes small coincidences and makes it seem like some Paul/Romney thing

blakjak
12-14-2007, 10:34 PM
haha, the title of this thread is bordering on oxymoronic... "official speculation"

slantedview
12-14-2007, 10:37 PM
romney wants paul to teach him a thing or two about how gyno doctors, in the words of Bush, "practice their love with women".

Abobo
12-14-2007, 10:38 PM
Romney sucks monkey balls... But he is the second best in the Republican field.

I think Ron Paul should choose Kent McManigal (http://www.kentforliberty.com/index.html) as his VP. LOL :D

archemeedees
12-15-2007, 12:16 AM
Red rover, red rover let Rudy come over!

RonPaulFever
12-15-2007, 12:36 AM
Mitt is a complete tool, but I like him in an odd way....he's very charming and seems like a good family man. But good enough for veep? No way.

Speaking of the Romneys....does anyone else think Craig might be gay? :D