PDA

View Full Version : Opponents warn of staff exodus as US breaks up lands bureau

Swordsmyth
12-13-2019, 06:55 PM
Opponents of the Trump administration's plan to break up the Washington, D.C., headquarters of the country's public lands bureau are warning of a brain drain, saying many staffers who are being reassigned are opting to quit rather than move out West.U.S. Interior Secretary David Bernhardt defended the move Friday. Opponents have projected that the number of Bureau of Land Management staffers agreeing to move from headquarters could be as low as 15%, which Bernhardt said was “not consistent with what I've seen."
Speaking at a Las Vegas conference on Colorado River water supplies, Bernhardt said he did not immediately have firmer figures, however.
“A year from now ... you’re going to find out that it worked really well," Bernhardt told reporters.
The Trump administration says the plan will save taxpayers millions of dollars, lead to better, faster decisions and trim a “top heavy” office in Washington. Moving the bureau out of Washington is a long-cherished goal of Western state politicians who cite the preponderance of public lands in their part of the country and their lack of access to decision-makers.
The deadline for most staffers to notify the land bureau, which is overseen by the Interior Department, whether they intended to move was Thursday. But the bureau had not yet compiled a count for how many staffers had so far agreed to relocate, spokesman Derrick Henry said.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/opponents-warn-staff-exodus-us-215439057.html

specsaregood
12-13-2019, 07:51 PM
good, let them leave. then don't hire replacements.

Swordsmyth
12-13-2019, 07:56 PM
good, let them leave. then don't hire replacements.
Then do it to more government departments.

Origanalist
12-13-2019, 08:24 PM
A lot of them will move because they don't have what it takes to find a decent income somewhere else. I suspect they won't enjoy it one bit and take it out on the locals. But with them actually being more local that might pose a problem for them. :)

acptulsa
12-13-2019, 09:13 PM
A brain drain?

Anyone who'd rather live in D.C. than in the Rockies has no brain.

Origanalist
12-13-2019, 09:32 PM
A brain drain?

Anyone who'd rather live in D.C. than in the Rockies has no brain soul...

pcosmar
12-13-2019, 09:39 PM
Might be good,,might be reshuffling the deck.

Let me know when Daniel Love gets perp walked.

oyarde
12-13-2019, 09:56 PM
Trump is too nice . I would lock them all out and mail them pink slips . the land will be OK without them.