PDA

View Full Version : The Libertarian Party has officially joined the deep state coup

Swordsmyth
12-13-2019, 05:25 PM
The Libertarian Party (LP) “officially endorsed the impeachment (https://libertarianvindicator.com/2019/12/13/libertarian-party-officially-supports-trump-impeachment/) of President Donald Trump on Friday, releasing a statement indicating their support of the Democrat-driven witch hunt.
LP Chairman Nick Sarwark published a post on Facebook stating that it is time to tell the President that he is fired.
Sarwark wrote: “As Chairman of the Libertarian Party, I urge the House to approve the articles of impeachment and send them to the Senate for a trial. This will start the process of telling the president those words he’s so familiar with, ‘You’re fired!'”

Sarwark bashed the petty partisanship of Washington D.C. while endorsing an impeachment witch hunt that is one of the most egregious examples of this phenomenon.

“Like the plurality of Americans who don’t identify with a political party, we are not on Team Red or Team Blue, but we are hurt by the bad policies of both,” he wrote.
“That’s why the Congress should impeach and remove the current president. He has shown disrespect for the Constitution, spending money without congressional approval, sending troops into war without a congressional declaration, and refusing to cooperate with congressional requests and subpoenas,” Sarwark added.
“This is not an issue of policy disagreement or personal animosity. When someone doesn’t have the ability to do the job properly, they need to be fired,” he concluded.

Sarwark may be setting the stage for one of the loudest Never Trumpers in Congress, Rep. Justin Amash (I-MI), to run for President in the LP. Amash has publicly flirted with the idea of running for President in 2020 against Trump for quite some time now.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/setting-the-stage-for-an-amash-presidential-run-the-libertarian-party-endorses-trumps-impeachment/

Line by Line, A Complete Debunking of the Democrats’ Articles of Impeachment (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?541821-Line-by-Line-A-Complete-Debunking-of-the-Democrats’-Articles-of-Impeachment)

acptulsa
12-13-2019, 05:38 PM
Sarwark may be setting the stage for one of the loudest Never Trumpers in Congress, Rep. Justin Amash (I-MI), to run for President in the LP.

Yes! As long as it doesn't interfere with his reelection (maybe I should say alleged reelection to cut down the threats, crystal ball gazing and whining), I want to see this!

Swordsmyth
12-13-2019, 05:44 PM
Yes! As long as it doesn't interfere with his reelection (maybe I should say alleged reelection to cut down the threats, crystal ball gazing and whining), I want to see this!

I won't mind if the LP finishes committing suicide by nominating Amash and endorsing a treasonous coup.
They are a liability to the cause of liberty and need to go away and be replaced.

acptulsa
12-13-2019, 05:46 PM
I won't mind if the LP finishes committing suicide by nominating Amash and endorsing a treasonous coup.
They are a liability to the cause of liberty and need to go away and be replaced.

The irony thickens.

Anti Globalist
12-13-2019, 06:03 PM
If the LP wants Trump to get impeached, they should at least give reasons that aren't the same as the Democrats.

Swordsmyth
12-13-2019, 06:10 PM
If the LP wants Trump to get impeached, they should at least give reasons that aren't the same as the Democrats.

That would require them to attack Demoncrats.

jon4liberty
12-13-2019, 06:10 PM
What?? I'd be interested if Hillary was in the shoes of Trump if the LP would be doing this...

I'll answer that...they wouldn't.

The rinos and LP are controlled opposition...wake up...

euphemia
12-13-2019, 07:35 PM
Glomming on. Ridiculous. As in deserving of ridicule.

PAF
12-13-2019, 08:11 PM
“Like the plurality of Americans who don’t identify with a political party, we are not on Team Red or Team Blue, but we are hurt by the bad policies of both,” he wrote.
“That’s why the Congress should impeach and remove the current president. He has shown disrespect for the Constitution, spending money without congressional approval, sending troops into war without a congressional declaration, and refusing to cooperate with congressional requests and subpoenas,” Sarwark added.
“This is not an issue of policy disagreement or personal animosity. When someone doesn’t have the ability to do the job properly, they need to be fired,” he concluded.

The irony thickens.

Very thick. Don’t ya know, whatever the statist quo to keep the statists ticking.

Swordsmyth
12-13-2019, 08:14 PM
Very thick. Don’t ya know, whatever the statist quo to keep the statists ticking.
That's the LP's goal alright.

devil21
12-13-2019, 08:16 PM
Sarwark is a globalist plant. Globalist at best, CIA at worst. LP executive committee needs to remove him and make vice chair Alex Merced, a real libertarian and RPF member, chairman.

What?? I'd be interested if Hillary was in the shoes of Trump if the LP would be doing this...

Naaa, only the American University (aka a CIA globalist training academy) grad Sarwark is the controlled opposition. Just another Beltway fake.

Amash stating his position is one thing. The chairman of the entire national LP speaking for EVERYONE is something else entirely.

The irony thickens.

Indeed. Notice there's ZERO posts from the Trumpkin squad in my USMCA=NAU+TPP thread, as Trump pushes to turn over sovereignty to a regional unelected bureaucracy. It's obvious that RPF is being shilled by a handful of sock puppets.

Origanalist
12-13-2019, 08:19 PM
Sarwark is a globalist plant. Globalist at best, CIA at worst. LP executive committee needs to remove him and make vice chair Alex Merced, a real libertarian and RPF member, chairman.

Yep. Dump that sack of shit.

Swordsmyth
12-13-2019, 08:22 PM

Naaa, only the American University (aka a CIA globalist training academy) grad Sarwark is the controlled opposition. Just another Beltway fake.

Amash stating his position is one thing. The chairman of the entire national LP speaking for EVERYONE is something else entirely.

The entire party has been compromised now.
There may be candidates who aren't but the party is just another tool of the deepstate now, and that definitely includes Amash.

devil21
12-13-2019, 08:26 PM
The entire party has been compromised now.
There may be candidates who aren't but the party is just another tool of the deepstate now, and that definitely includes Amash.

Amash isn't even a member of the Libertarian Party so what exactly are you talking about?

Though the irony of libertarians bothering with "top down leadership" isn't lost on me. The very notion of Sarwark speaking for the entire LP publicly on any particular political topic is ridiculous by definition.

acptulsa
12-13-2019, 08:28 PM

Of course they would have. Don't be ridiculous. And it wouldn't have been the first time the LP called for a Clinton to be impeached, either.

https://www.carolmoore.net/photos/impeach-demo-photos.html

Amash isn't even a member of the Libertarian Party so what exactly are you talking about?

Though the irony of libertarians bothering with "top down leadership" isn't lost on me. The very notion of Sarwark speaking for the entire LP publicly on any particular political topic is ridiculous by definition.

That's not talking, that's slogan spouting.

He never lets facts take RPMs off the spin.

Swordsmyth
12-13-2019, 08:30 PM

Amash is angling for the LP nomination and Sarwark is setting things up to give it to him.

PAF
12-13-2019, 08:39 PM
Amash is angling for the LP nomination and Sarwark is setting things up to give it to him.

Sarwark, Weld, whatever, I do not pay attention or follow pied-pipers. Few I support, such as Justin, Kokesh, and others who shed light on the system. This duopoly that you support/endorse will not die anytime soon, thanks to the red-dyed ladies and trump-stitched caps, a platform of which to speak is what I am interested in.

angelatc
12-13-2019, 09:21 PM

Indeed. Notice there's ZERO posts from the Trumpkin squad in my USMCA=NAU+TPP thread, as Trump pushes to turn over sovereignty to a regional unelected bureaucracy. It's obvious that RPF is being shilled by a handful of sock puppets.

I do love me some Alex.

angelatc
12-13-2019, 09:44 PM
Amash isn't going to run. Maybe in 4 years, but not this time.

In the meantime, 1205097689416916992

(paid paternity leave???)

Trump signed off on all that crap, but the LP is the Deep State. Riiiiight.

shakey1
12-13-2019, 10:43 PM
The LP looks to be targeted from unscrupulous factions to discredit & perhaps undermine basic principles of liberty.

CCTelander
12-13-2019, 10:53 PM

There have been significant issues with the national Libertarian Party at least since the 90s, but that has nothing at all to do with the usual suspect's continued campaign to smear and discredit ALL libertarians and thus libertarian principles.

CCTelander
12-13-2019, 10:54 PM
The LP looks to be targeted from unscrupulous factions to discredit & perhaps undermine basic principles of liberty.

Exactly. Some of those "unscrupulous factions" can be found uncomfortably close to home, sadly.

angelatc
12-13-2019, 11:45 PM
There have been significant issues with the national Libertarian Party at least since the 90s, but that has nothing at all to do with the usual suspect's continued campaign to smear and discredit ALL libertarians and thus libertarian principles.

Yeah, I am no fan of Nick. Early on I thought the criticisms of her were of the typical libertarian "eat your own!" sty lings, but at this point it's pretty clear he's from the left wing of the party. If he had accomplished any significant electoral victories, then I could live with that, but at this point he's just another failed LP leader.

angelatc
12-13-2019, 11:48 PM

It's a weird conglomeration of various philosophies, that's for sure. I really wish Tom Woods would step into the Chair role for a stint. That would be a fun ride.

r3volution 3.0
12-13-2019, 11:50 PM
For anyone who is a libertarian, the LP is obviously, infinitely, better than either of the major parties.

Whenever partisans of either of those leftist parties attack the LP, the goal is to push some votes one way or the other.

It's transparent and dumb.

kona
12-14-2019, 12:11 AM
There is a movement to take back the party...led by Heise (Mises Caucus), Woods, Horton, Dave Smith, etc. They are putting up Josh Smith as chair and now Hornberger is running for the nomination. Fwiw, they make it sound like it is virtually guaranteed to happen, given the LP has only ~13k members, and between Horton, Woods, and Dave Smith's followers there are hundreds of thousands of principled libertarians, if not millions. So if they get a fraction of those to join the LP, we can watch Hornberger, who Horton says is a 9.75 on a scale of 1-10 (Ron is a perfect 10 he says). They really believe another Ron Paul Revolution can happen with this setup and climate. Not to win of course, but to spread liberty and attack Trump and whoever the Dem candidate is, all the way to election day. The ultimate is if somehow Hornberger could get 5% or whatever to get into a debate with Trump and the Democrat. They feel he can really excel in that situation, like Ron did. The Mises Caucus came about to clean out and reclaim the party, and they've been doing that with Josh Smith, but they feel they hit the jackpot when Hornberger decided to run.

Whether or not any of this pans out I have no idea. I'm just surprised more people here aren't aware of it.

https://youtu.be/oBSMRIaCIWU

Pauls' Revere
12-14-2019, 12:24 AM
The Libertarian Party (LP) “officially endorsed the impeachment (https://libertarianvindicator.com/2019/12/13/libertarian-party-officially-supports-trump-impeachment/) of President Donald Trump on Friday, releasing a statement indicating their support of the Democrat-driven witch hunt.
LP Chairman Nick Sarwark published a post on Facebook stating that it is time to tell the President that he is fired.
Sarwark wrote: “As Chairman of the Libertarian Party, I urge the House to approve the articles of impeachment and send them to the Senate for a trial. This will start the process of telling the president those words he’s so familiar with, ‘You’re fired!'”

Sarwark bashed the petty partisanship of Washington D.C. while endorsing an impeachment witch hunt that is one of the most egregious examples of this phenomenon.

Sarwark may be setting the stage for one of the loudest Never Trumpers in Congress, Rep. Justin Amash (I-MI), to run for President in the LP. Amash has publicly flirted with the idea of running for President in 2020 against Trump for quite some time now.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/setting-the-stage-for-an-amash-presidential-run-the-libertarian-party-endorses-trumps-impeachment/

Line by Line, A Complete Debunking of the Democrats’ Articles of Impeachment (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?541821-Line-by-Line-A-Complete-Debunking-of-the-Democrats’-Articles-of-Impeachment)

Ok, fair enuf. But where was he when all this applied to Obama?

Pauls' Revere
12-14-2019, 12:25 AM

Doesn't this apply to Obama or any politician?

I feel like screaming..."no shit motherfucker!, Ya think!"

Swordsmyth
12-14-2019, 12:26 AM
Ok, fair enuf. But where was he when all this applied to Obama?

Amash was silent as O'Bummer committed a long string of blatant impeachable offenses.

Pauls' Revere
12-14-2019, 12:28 AM
Amash was silent as O'Bummer committed a long string of blatant impeachable offenses.

"Fuck Amash!" He can suck my balls!"

r3volution 3.0
12-14-2019, 12:37 AM
There is a movement to take back the party...led by Heise (Mises Caucus), Woods, Horton, Dave Smith, etc.

That would be Tom Woods?

If so, he should be unceremoniously ejected from the party as a notorious Trump shill, which is what he was last election.

...and he is, AFAIK, totally unrepentant.

That said, I've heard good things about the Mises Caucus.

If the LP is ever to efficiently reorganize itself, it must be around the ideas of Mises, which included basic civility.

The Naked Fat Man Era must come to an end.

angelatc
12-14-2019, 12:53 AM
That would be Tom Woods?

If so, he should be unceremoniously ejected from the party as a notorious Trump shill, which is what he was last election.

If the LP is ever to efficiently reorganize itself, it must be around the ideas of Mises, which included basic civility.

Was he a Trump shill? Trump was running on a platform of ending the wars and eliminating the debt - that was much the same platform Ron Paul ran on. Of course, GWB ran on it too, so....

tebowlives
12-14-2019, 01:09 AM
Rand Paul was silent when Obama committed a long string of blatant impeachable offenses. Not once did he call for Obamas impeachment therefore Rand Paul is no friend of liberty. That about sum it up?

Swordsmyth
12-14-2019, 01:11 AM
Rand Paul was silent when Obama committed a long string of blatant impeachable offenses. Not once did he call for Obamas impeachment therefore Rand Paul is no friend of liberty. That about sum it up?

LOL

Rand is opposing this impeachment coup, Amash is endorsing it, there is no comparison.

r3volution 3.0
12-14-2019, 01:13 AM
Was he a Trump shill?

Yep

Trump was running on a platform of ending the wars and eliminating the debt - that was much the same platform Ron Paul ran on.

Only an idiot would have believed that.

To be fair, it's possible that Tom's an idiot.

I've been assuming that he isn't an idiot, in which case he has no excuse.

Of course, GWB ran on it too, so....

Yep

tebowlives
12-14-2019, 06:28 AM
LOL

Rand is opposing this impeachment coup, Amash is endorsing it, there is no comparison.
LOL Your comment has nothing to do with my post which proved your post was nothing more than histrionics.

Explain to me what part of my post confuses you in that you didn't respond to my question? Seems like a habit of yours. Make a drama queen statement. Get called out on it. Deflect from answering.

Since Rand Paul didn't call for Obamas impeachment he is also not a friend of liberty. Right? That's what you posted anyway. But look over there.

phill4paul
12-14-2019, 07:32 AM
Lol. The LP just sucks more and more. What a joke.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/9xaStuzYnAc/hqdefault.jpg

oyarde
12-14-2019, 10:19 AM

Sarawack is a democrat .

oyarde
12-14-2019, 10:23 AM
Yep. Dump that sack of shit.

I would consider supporting the Libertarian party if someone like Angela or Merced was running it . That Sarawack guy is worse than at least half of the current elected GOP officials .

TheCount
12-14-2019, 11:48 AM
"... spending money without congressional approval, sending troops into war without a congressional declaration, and refusing to cooperate with congressional requests and subpoenas,” Sarwark added.

Which of these three points do you disagree with?

TheCount
12-14-2019, 11:50 AM

Yeah, I can't imagine why the guy with an Iron Cross tattoo would have wanted to make the LP look ridiculous during the 2016 election...

Swordsmyth
12-14-2019, 02:56 PM
LOL Your comment has nothing to do with my post which proved your post was nothing more than histrionics.

Explain to me what part of my post confuses you in that you didn't respond to my question? Seems like a habit of yours. Make a drama queen statement. Get called out on it. Deflect from answering.

Since Rand Paul didn't call for Obamas impeachment he is also not a friend of liberty. Right? That's what you posted anyway. But look over there.
:sleeping:

It is the fact that Amash is supporting impeachment for made up garbage against Trump that makes his lack of support for impeaching O'Bummer significant.

acptulsa
12-14-2019, 03:11 PM

It is the fact that Amash is supporting impeachment for made up garbage against Trump that makes his lack of support for impeaching O'Bummer significant.

Or maybe it's just that there was no Obama impeachment to support. It didn't even get a committee.

Swordsmyth
12-14-2019, 03:14 PM
Or maybe it's just that there was no Obama impeachment to support. It didn't even get a committee.
Amash was supporting impeachment of Trump over garbage before there was a committee.

kona
12-14-2019, 03:18 PM
That would be Tom Woods?

The movement is about Hornberger/Smith, not Woods...whom, last I checked, is extremely close with and supported by Lew and Ron, the Godfathers of libertarianism. So your beef here is irrelevant.

susano
12-14-2019, 03:28 PM

How about both are a problem. It doesn't have to be either/or.

I think the US is doomed.

tebowlives
12-14-2019, 03:41 PM

It is the fact that there was little if any impeachment talk except for the birthers. It wasn't an issue then. Agree or not over impeachment now, it is a big issue in the forefront.

tebowlives
12-14-2019, 03:43 PM
Amash was supporting impeachment of Trump over garbage before there was a committee.
It was obvious the dems were going to push for it. It was obvious the republicans were not when Obama was in office.

RonZeplin
12-14-2019, 03:57 PM

Better than Trump. :check:

acptulsa
12-14-2019, 04:07 PM
Better than Trump. :check:

All this talk about how the LP is infiltrated is amusing. As compared to what? The GOP?

r3volution 3.0
12-14-2019, 09:41 PM
The movement is about Hornberger/Smith, not Woods...whom, last I checked, is extremely close with and supported by Lew and Ron, the Godfathers of libertarianism. So your beef here is irrelevant.

Lew is trash.

He was never a libertarian, never an Austrian.

revgen
12-14-2019, 10:53 PM
I don't recall Tom Woods shilling for Trump during the 2016 election. He was more thrilled that Hillary lost. He was thrilled that the neo-cons were pissed.

r3volution 3.0
12-14-2019, 10:55 PM
I don't recall Tom Woods shilling for Trump during the 2016 election. He was more thrilled that Hillary lost. He was thrilled that the neo-cons were pissed.

Listen to his podcasts from the summer and fall of 2015, if he hasn't deleted them.

kona
12-15-2019, 12:26 AM
Lew is trash.

Quite possibly the most moronic thing I've ever read on this forum, save for every single post by zippy.

jon4liberty
12-15-2019, 04:24 AM
Lew is trash.

What's your beef with Lew? Probably has done more than a couch dweller

angelatc
12-16-2019, 01:12 PM

THe entire GOP was silent when Obama committed along stream of impeachable offenses. Not once did they call for Obama's impeachment therefore none of them are friends of liberty. That actually does sum it up.

angelatc
12-16-2019, 01:31 PM
How about both are a problem. It doesn't have to be either/or.

I think the US is doomed.

I am too lazy to transcribe this, but this is Ron Paul's statement on the Clinton impeachment. He says he reluctantly voting for it, even though the reality is that Congress should be impeaching him over things much more important than Lewinsky.

THe Us is doomed, but Amash isn't the problem. He votes in my interests 99% of the time. Trump has not ended any wars, he has not reduced the debt, he has not repealed Obamacare, and ... I could go on and on.

Amash votes correctly 100% of the time. Even if I disagree with him here, that means I agree with him 99.9% of the time.

Yeah, the US is doomed. Fuck Trump, and fuck what he's done to the Liberty movement.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ldfDCSG6DQ

jon4liberty
12-16-2019, 01:33 PM
THe entire GOP was silent when Obama committed along stream of impeachable offenses. Not once did they call for Obama's impeachment therefore none of them are friends of liberty. That actually does sum it up.

Ron and Rand have done way more than you

angelatc
12-16-2019, 01:42 PM
Ron and Rand have done way more than you

Well, duh. I am not holding myself up as a liberty leader. Keyboard monkey, when I can't make a point without using the work "you" I stop typing. Try it.

susano
12-16-2019, 01:51 PM
I am too lazy to transcribe this, but this is Ron Paul's statement on the Clinton impeachment. He says he reluctantly voting for it, even though the reality is that Congress should be impeaching him over things much more important than Lewinsky.

THe Us is doomed, but Amash isn't the problem. He votes in my interests 99% of the time. Trump has not ended any wars, he has not reduced the debt, he has not repealed Obamacare, and ... I could go on and on.

Amash votes correctly 100% of the time. Even if I disagree with him here, that means I agree with him 99.9% of the time.

Yeah, the US is doomed. $#@! Trump, and $#@! what he's done to the Liberty movement.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ldfDCSG6DQ

Yeah, I thought the Clinton impeachment was a "look over here", deliberate misdirection away from Chinagate which, I think, may have constituted treason (for which they could still be charged).

The US is doomed but not because of Trump. It's been on that trajectory for a long time.

fisharmor
12-16-2019, 02:37 PM
For anyone who is a libertarian, the LP is obviously, infinitely, better than either of the major parties.

I dunno... I mean, "better than" implies to me that it's more than just overall better. It implies that they're putting on a face that I don't want to punch.

There are some Republicans out there (like Amash) who I might actually hold my nose and vote for, because the things he's problematic on aren't thrust into the spotlight.
There are some Democrats... well one, Tulsi, and I wouldn't vote for her but if she's around for the VA primary I'm definitely voting for her because it's an open primary state, so I'd "support" her for, again, what she's talking about and not what she's concealing.

Then there's Gary "Just bake the damned cake" Johnson. Not only did he stand on a stage with a bunch of other candidates and say pretty much that, but every other candidate pretty much called him out on it, and I think if Austin Petersen was less composed he would have dropped some F-bombs about it.

And then they voted the man in as their preferred candidate.

It wasn't a "oh we're just not going to go there and let him talk to the base the way they want to be talked to" moment like you get with the other parties. Forcing bakeries to bake cakes was the idea the LP lead with last go-round.

Is that "better"? These days, it's better than the D's, not better than the R's, but we're talking about a party full of people not generally sold on the idea of voting to begin with, so irrespective whether it's "better", it's definitely suicidal.

tebowlives
12-16-2019, 05:24 PM
THe entire GOP was silent when Obama committed along stream of impeachable offenses. Not once did they call for Obama's impeachment therefore none of them are friends of liberty. That actually does sum it up.They didn't have a strong enough case that would get them the votes they needed. And if it didn't work, they and the party would look foolish and may not get re elected. At least the right thought it through when they didn't go after Obama and the left hopefully suffers for not thinking this through.

Swordsmyth
12-16-2019, 05:33 PM
They didn't have a strong enough case that would get them the votes they needed. And if it didn't work, they and the party would look foolish and may not get re elected. At least the right thought it through when they didn't go after Obama and the left hopefully suffers for not thinking this through.
Including Amash.

tebowlives
12-16-2019, 08:49 PM
Including Amash.Maybe he did. As far as what would happen on a re election, he had to know the Repub Party would throw him less support, so may as well go Indy.