PDA

View Full Version : Trump to sign order to interpret Judaism as a nationality

Zippyjuan
12-10-2019, 08:48 PM
https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/10/politics/trump-order-judaism-nationality/index.html

President Donald Trump will sign an executive order on Wednesday to interpret Judaism as a nationality and not just a religion, a move that the Trump administration believes will fight what they perceive as anti-Semitism on college campuses, a White House official said.

The impending order was first reported by The New York Times.

It's an order that would allow Trump to take further steps to combat anti-Israel sentiments and divestment movements on college campuses by requiring colleges and universities to treat those movements as discriminatory in order to keep their funding.

The Times reported the move would trigger a portion of the federal Civil Rights Act of 1964 that requires educational institutions receiving federal funding to not discriminate based on national origin. The Department of Education can withhold federal funding from any college or educational program that discriminates based on race, color or national origin, according to the Civil Rights Act.

Religion is not covered in that portion of the law so the administration would have to interpret Judaism as a nationality in order to potentially punish universities for violations.

Jared Kushner, the President's son-in-law and a senior White House adviser, pushed for the move, according to the Times.

The Times reported the definition of anti-Semitism will be adopted from the State Department, which was originally formulated by the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance.

devil21
12-10-2019, 09:04 PM
Fightin' that deep state, dontcha know. It's pretty ridiculous that Trump is so on-record as being a tool of Israel yet this "they hate him" narrative is still circulated as if it has any credibility whatsoever.

And this EO, assuming it happens, isn't about "colleges". It's about everyone, everywhere and is modeled after Europe's criminalizing/censorship of such topics.

(eta: the fact that most Israelis and Jewish are NOT genetic Israelite bloodlines, but rather are bloodlines of Khazarian (Khazak and Turkish) gypsies from eastern Europe, must be becoming too widely known.

Great pdf book by Tel Aviv University historian about the topic (it's safe, uploaded myself): https://pdfhost.io/v/zanpSxHC_The_Invention_of_the_Jewish_People.pdf )

enhanced_deficit
12-11-2019, 12:15 AM
Bold leadership and should boost 'diversity is our strength' model also as a bonus.

https://pics.me.me/donald-j-trump-follow-realdonaldtrump-sheldon-adelson-is-looking-to-60668620.png

Although slippery slope, first Son-in-law could next inspire him to declare Palestinian Christians a 'nationality' too.

Origanalist
12-11-2019, 05:05 AM
I heard that nation has a lot of pedophiles.

unknown
12-11-2019, 06:34 AM
Dafuq?

revgen
12-11-2019, 07:02 AM
The Department of Education can withhold federal funding from any college or educational program...

I like this part.

Zippyjuan
12-11-2019, 12:48 PM
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/12/trump-antisemitism-executive-order-israel-judaism.html

No, the Trump Administration Is Not Redefining Judaism as a Nationality

Its executive order on anti-Semitism won’t change much at all.

The New York Times published a bombshell report on Tuesday claiming that President Donald Trump planned to sign an executive order that interpreted Judaism “as a race or nationality” under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Title VI governs federally funded educational programs, so the Times warned that the order might be deployed to squelch anti-Israel speech on campus. “Mr. Trump’s order,” the Times further claimed, “will have the effect of embracing an argument that Jews are a people or a race with a collective national origin in the Middle East, like Italian Americans or Polish Americans.”

That turned out to be untrue. The text of the order, which leaked on Wednesday, does not redefine Judaism as a race or nationality. It does not claim that Jews are a nation or a different race. The order’s interpretation of Title VI—insofar as the law applies to Jews—is entirely in line with the Obama administration’s approach. It only deviates from past practice by suggesting that harsh criticism of Israel—specifically, the notion that it is “a racist endeavor”—may be used as evidence to prove anti-Semitic intent. There is good reason, however, to doubt that the order can actually be used to suppress non-bigoted disapproval of Israel on college campuses.

Title VI bars discrimination on the basis of “race, color or national origin” in programs that receive federal assistance—most notably here, educational institutions. It does not prohibit discrimination on the basis of religion, an omission that raises difficult questions about religions that may have an ethnic component. For example, people of all races, ethnicities, and nationalities can be Muslim. But Islamophobia often takes the form of intolerance against individuals of Arab or Middle Eastern origin. If a college permits rampant Islamophobic harassment on campus, has it run afoul of Title VI?

In a 2004 policy statement, Kenneth L. Marcus—then–deputy assistant secretary for enforcement at the Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights—answered that question. “Groups that face discrimination on the basis of shared ethnic characteristics,” Marcus wrote, “may not be denied the protection” under Title VI “on the ground that they also share a common faith.” Put differently, people who face discrimination because of their perceived ethnicity do not lose protection because of their religion. The Office of Civil Rights, Marcus continued, “will exercise its jurisdiction to enforce the Title VI prohibition against national origin discrimination, regardless of whether the groups targeted for discrimination also exhibit religious characteristics. Thus, for example, OCR aggressively investigates alleged race or ethnic harassment against Arab Muslim, Sikh and Jewish students.”

The Obama administration reaffirmed this position in a 2010 letter written by Assistant Attorney General Thomas E. Perez, who is now the chair of the Democratic National Committee. “We agree,” Perez wrote, with Marcus’ analysis. “Although Title VI does not prohibit discrimination on the basis of religion, discrimination against Jews, Muslims, Sikhs, and members of other religious groups violates Title VI when that discrimination is based on the group’s actual or perceived shared ancestry or ethnic characteristics, rather than its members’ religious practice.” Perez added that Title VI “prohibits discrimination against an individual where it is based on actual or perceived citizenship or residency in a country whose residents share a dominant religion or a distinct religious identity.”

More at link.

oyarde
12-11-2019, 12:50 PM
So people claim that today it is not ?

devil21
12-11-2019, 05:15 PM
Title VI bars discrimination on the basis of “race, color or national origin” in programs that receive federal assistance—most notably here, educational institutions. It does not prohibit discrimination on the basis of religion

Seems pretty straight-forward. I guess we'll see what the EO says but if it declares it discriminatory under Title VI then there's not much room to argue it doesn't change the classification.

Btw, does the President even have the legal ability to unilaterally declare what is or isn't covered by Title VI or is this yet another unconstitutional executive power grab? These are the sort of questions that no one asks these days regarding Trump admin actions. It's always "should he or shouldn't he", instead of "can he".

susano
12-11-2019, 06:04 PM
I'm so sick of this sh*t and it all began with Jews who created the concepts of "hate speech" and "hate crime" to insulate themselves (the collective yes, it exists) from getting nailed on their constant efforts to undermine whatever country and society they reside in. They create these laws to hide behind other "minorities"/special interest groups and even non playing Jews have written about it.

I don't know what Trump's EO will say, or if it will make much difference, but it's wrong, just like the civil rights statutes are.

susano
12-11-2019, 06:06 PM
Fightin' that deep state, dontcha know. It's pretty ridiculous that Trump is so on-record as being a tool of Israel yet this "they hate him" narrative is still circulated as if it has any credibility whatsoever.

Yeah, with enemies like Trump, who needs friends?

Oy!

Origanalist
12-11-2019, 08:06 PM
How Trump’s New Anti-Semitism Order Effectively Criminalizes Dissent
Trump’s anti-Semitism bill is unlikely to dampen the flames of hatred towards Jewish Americans or make them feel safer; indeed, outlawing criticism of Israel may have the opposite effect.

President Trump is expected to sign an executive order today purporting to target anti-Semitism on college campuses. However, the measure is understood on all sides as an attempt to outlaw the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement and criticism of Israel more generally.

The order would mean educational institutions receiving federal money would be subject to losing all funding if the government deems they are not doing enough to stamp out anti-Semitism, which, as the new bill explicitly states, includes critique of the Israeli government. The bill is based on a portion of the federal Civil Rights Act of 1964 that requires schools and colleges not to discriminate based on race, nationality, or a host of other factors. Under Trump’s plan, Judaism will be reclassified as both a nationality and race, rather than a religion.

For some, it is little more than an attempt to silence criticism of Israel’s apartheid policies and human rights abuses of Palestinians.

Criminalizing dissent
Modeled on the anti-South African Apartheid campaign in the 1980s, the BDS movement is an international attempt to peacefully bring economic and social pressure onto the Israeli government to comply with international law. Its imminent banning in public universities is a testament to the power that the U.S. and Israeli governments judge it to have.

While Israel breaks international law, the United States supports and covers up its actions both internationally and domestically, often by vetoing any organized response from the United Nations or other bodies. By removing First Amendment protections to criticism of the state in universities, organized resistance to its actions becomes far more difficult, as the government outsources the quashing of dissent to academics and administrators, who will have to comply or face financial ruin.

26 U.S. states already require contractors to effectively swear an oath of loyalty to Israel in order to be employed, meaning many students must renounce their beliefs in order to find a job. This is not merely a formality; last year a Texas school speech pathologist was fired for refusing to sign a pledge promising not to boycott Israeli goods.

Yet inside the U.S., and particularly among young Jews, support for and identification with Israel is dropping. One survey found that only 40 percent of San Franciscan Jewish millennials were comfortable with the idea of a Jewish state. Much of the change in recent years has come following the rightward drift of Israel, so far right in fact that even former Prime Minister Ehud Barak has warned the country has been taken over by fascism, but the campaigning of BDS activists has also had an effect.

Jewish American professor Noam Chomsky revealed that when he gave talks at universities criticizing Israel in the past he would need police protection as his meetings were constantly broken up by enraged demonstrators. Today, he says, he gets hundreds of engaged and knowledgeable students listening intently to his critique. “Palestinian solidarity is one of the biggest issues on campus,” he stated in an interview with Democracy Now!: “[There has been an] enormous change in the last few years.”

With Trump’s recent ban, universities are essentially under pain of death to silence any criticism the government deems too radical, which, given the composition of the current administration, is likely to include the likes of BDS or Chomsky, meaning that organized resistance to any of Israel’s actions will be hampered, allowing for more aggressive policies to go unchecked.

Mike Prysner, director of the new documentary Gaza Fights for Freedom and a proponent of BDS, described Trump’s latest move as an attack on Palestine and on human rights, alleging that under the new rule, he would not be allowed to screen his film in universities.

In their response to the executive order, liberal Jewish group J Street accused the president of “turning the issue of anti-Semitism into a partisan political issue.” Trump previously claimed Rep. Ilhan Omar to be an anti-Semite, effectively conflating criticism of Israel with anti-Semitism. Likewise, even Jewish American Bernie Sanders is under attack for alleged anti-Semitic beliefs. In Great Britain, too, Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong anti-racist and Palestinian rights campaigner, has been smeared as a secret Jew hater. All the while, like the U.S., the head of state makes openly derogatory remarks towards Jews with relatively little censure. Current Prime Minister Boris Johnson wrote an entire book depicting Jews as untrustworthy schemers who controlled the media, as well as dozens of other racist depictions of other groups.

The move is merely the latest in a line of actions the government has taken to shape the debate around Israel inside universities. For instance, in August the Department of Education, headed by Betsy DeVos, ordered both Duke and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill to alter their joint Middle Eastern studies programs, as it had determined they were presenting Israel in too negative a light. Henry Reichman, chair of the American Association of University Professors’ Committee on Academic Freedom and Tenure described DeVos’ interference as a “chillingly inappropriate political intrusion into curricular decisions best made by faculty.”

more at link

https://www.mintpressnews.com/how-trump-new-anti-semitism-bill-criminalizes-dissent/263396/

Swordsmyth
12-11-2019, 08:08 PM
The order would mean educational institutions receiving federal money would be subject to losing all funding

Oh! Horrors!

Swordsmyth
12-11-2019, 08:09 PM
universities are essentially under pain of death

LOL

Origanalist
12-11-2019, 08:13 PM
Oh! Horrors!

I don't care if they do. I do care that not properly bowing to the zionists is a reason for it.

Swordsmyth
12-11-2019, 08:21 PM
I don't care if they do. I do care that not properly bowing to the zionists is a reason for it.

Any rock will do to crush a slug.

Leftist government funded colleges are an even greater danger to us than Israel.
At worst they are equal.
I'm happy to see them set against eachother.

Origanalist
12-11-2019, 08:37 PM
Any rock will do to crush a slug.

Leftist government funded colleges are an even greater danger to us than Israel.
At worst they are equal.
I'm happy to see them set against eachother.

Will you be happy when that rock crushes you? How far are you willing to let Israel control your speech?

Swordsmyth
12-11-2019, 08:42 PM
Will you be happy when that rock crushes you? How far are you willing to let Israel control your speech?
I don't take government money and neither should anyone else.

Let me know when they threaten anything more than cutting off government funds to communist brainwashing centers.

Origanalist
12-11-2019, 09:00 PM
I don't take government money and neither should anyone else.

Let me know when they threaten anything more than cutting off government funds to communist brainwashing centers.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2019/04/23/us-states-use-anti-boycott-laws-punish-responsible-businesses

Swordsmyth
12-11-2019, 09:03 PM
https://www.hrw.org/news/2019/04/23/us-states-use-anti-boycott-laws-punish-responsible-businesses

Those states are wrong and those laws should be declared unconstitutional.

This is only about Federal funds for commie colleges.

Origanalist
12-11-2019, 09:06 PM
Those states are wrong and those laws should be declared unconstitutional.

This is only about Federal funds for commie colleges.

How long until it's no longer just the States? Or will you look into your crystal ball and tell me that can't happen? This isn't about feeling sorry for colleges.

Swordsmyth
12-11-2019, 09:13 PM
How long until it's no longer just the States? Or will you look into your crystal ball and tell me that can't happen? This isn't about feeling sorry for colleges.
I will oppose criminal penalties at any level and I am not supporting this move.
But I'm not going to freak out about the feds putting strings on federal money, especially if it defunds some commies.

Both sides here are my enemies and I don't care if they fight over money the colleges shouldn't be getting anyway.

Origanalist
12-11-2019, 09:30 PM
I will oppose criminal penalties at any level and I am not supporting this move.
But I'm not going to freak out about the feds putting strings on federal money, especially if it defunds some commies.

Both sides here are my enemies and I don't care if they fight over money the colleges shouldn't be getting anyway.

Pop quiz, who's words are these?

And I have to say, on behalf of everyone here today, I want to thank Miriam and Sheldon for the extraordinary commitment they make to fostering an unbreakable bond between the United States and Israel. It’s unbreakable. Unbreakable.

We have to get the people of our country, of this country, to love Israel more. I have to tell you that. We have to do it. We have to get them to love Israel more.

Swordsmyth
12-11-2019, 09:35 PM
Pop quiz, who's words are these?

I'll take a wild guess and say the are Trump's.

But he says lots of things to lots of people and this action isn't something I'm going to freak out over any more than admitting that if they say Jerusalem is their capitol then Jerusalem is their capitol or admitting that they control the Golan Heights.

As long as he won't go to war with Iran or any other new places for them I figure he's a step in the right direction.

He does need some political allies to stay in office long enough to start draining the swamp.

Origanalist
12-11-2019, 09:47 PM
I'll take a wild guess and say the are Trump's.

But he says lots of things to lots of people and this action isn't something I'm going to freak out over any more than admitting that if they say Jerusalem is their capitol then Jerusalem is their capitol or admitting that they control the Golan Heights.

As long as he won't go to war with Iran or any other new places for them I figure he's a step in the right direction.

He does need some political allies to stay in office long enough to start draining the swamp.

It's just part of a much wider movement happening in this country, so while I may not care about colleges getting money withheld I sure as hell care about the general direction this is going and this story is part of it.

acptulsa
12-11-2019, 10:20 PM
It's just part of a much wider movement happening in this country, so while I may not care about colleges getting money withheld I sure as hell care about the general direction this is going and this story is part of it.

You mean like the government putting universities at a competitive disadvantage unless they brainwash people, and degrees not so much certifying you're competent as that you're indoctrinated, and a class system developing with free thinkers excluded from any decision making, and people saying, I don't care because the surviving universities shouldn't have taken money from the government anyway?

Something something perfect enemy of the good something.

susano
12-12-2019, 01:53 AM
Leave it toe the TDS retard shitlibs to spin as Trump is out to get the Jews:

Anti-Semitism is a deep and abiding poison in Western civilization. The moment ...
...you legally define Jewishness as a nationality is the moment you say Jews have dual loyalty and are not trustworthy (or even actual) citizens of, say, Denmark or America -- or Germany. And they can't be trusted, ever.
This is great for the Blood and Soil types. What was it? Ein Volk, ein Gott, ein Fuehrer? No diversity.

Are we heading down the legal road of "one drop of blood" again?
I think it is clear that Miller wants it so, as does Trump. Rather than protecting a people of faith, I suspect this is the first step towards segregation and exclusion along with a denial of the 1st amendment and intellectual freedom.
Once more Trump and his enablers have crafted bad law in service of very bad ideology.

2 things: 1) That's a bad headline from the NYT 2)Trump is sending a message that Jews are
not Americans.
It's an old trope about Jews having divided loyalties.
F*ck Trump

In the idea of diaspora, Jews would fight as citizens of their current residency.
In the idea of diaspora, Jews would fight as citizens of their current residency.
In war, it could be Jews fighting against Jews, just as it could be Catholics against Catholics.
With Trump's designation of a nationality, Jews could not be trusted by any nation except Israel.

This sounds like a Trojan horse to bring back Stalinism. Definitely NOT good.

When you read "Trump Targets Anti-Semitism", you have to wonder if it means his own
See Trump accused of 'dipping into a deep well of anti-Semitic tropes' during speech to Jewish voters

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142406300

Swordsmyth
12-12-2019, 01:57 AM
Leave it toe the TDS retard $#@!libs to spin as Trump is out to get the Jews:

Anti-Semitism is a deep and abiding poison in Western civilization. The moment ...
...you legally define Jewishness as a nationality is the moment you say Jews have dual loyalty and are not trustworthy (or even actual) citizens of, say, Denmark or America -- or Germany. And they can't be trusted, ever.
This is great for the Blood and Soil types. What was it? Ein Volk, ein Gott, ein Fuehrer? No diversity.

I think it is clear that Miller wants it so

Stephen Miller is Jewish, he just happens to be an immigration patriot.

Swordsmyth
12-12-2019, 01:59 AM

I think it is clear that Miller wants it so, as does Trump. Rather than protecting a people of faith, I suspect this is the first step towards segregation and exclusion along with a denial of the 1st amendment and intellectual freedom.
Once more Trump and his enablers have crafted bad law in service of very bad ideology.

2 things: 1) That's a bad headline from the NYT 2)Trump is sending a message that Jews are
not Americans.
F*ck Trump

In war, it could be Jews fighting against Jews, just as it could be Catholics against Catholics.
With Trump's designation of a nationality, Jews could not be trusted by any nation except Israel.

When you read "Trump Targets Anti-Semitism", you have to wonder if it means his own
See Trump accused of 'dipping into a deep well of anti-Semitic tropes' during speech to Jewish voters

Is it NAZIs or Stalinists that they fear?

Swordsmyth
12-12-2019, 02:03 AM

not Americans.
F*ck Trump

If they ever are expelled from America it will be because of people like that, they create NAZIs through their psychotic behavior.

susano
12-12-2019, 02:07 AM
Stephen Miller is Jewish, he just happens to be an immigration patriot.

Oh, yeah, I know but libtards still call him an "anti semite" because TDS.

Swordsmyth
12-12-2019, 02:10 AM
Oh, yeah, I know but libtards still call him an "anti semite" because TDS.
It's more than TDS, they hate America and Americans and want to destroy them, that is why they project a racial/cultural hatred on Americans.

susano
12-12-2019, 02:13 AM
Is it NAZIs or Stalinists that they fear?

Whatever suits their TDS in the moment. The one who wrote, though, may actually be a Trotskyite so anti Stalin. Most of them don't know the history, I'm sure.

PRB
12-12-2019, 01:25 PM
he is officially a fascist for calling Jews a race, for silencing criticism of Israel.

So much for free speech, where will Milo troll next?