PDA

View Full Version : Gabbard opts out of next Dem debate as poll deadline looms

Swordsmyth
12-10-2019, 01:42 AM
Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (https://www.foxnews.com/category/person/tulsi-gabbard), D-Hawaii, announced late Monday that she won't be attending the Democrats' next debate "regardless" of whether she qualifies.
Gabbard, who previously flirted with the idea of skipping an earlier debate, appeared more assertive about bowing out of the upcoming debate being hosted by PBS and Politico on Dec. 19.
"For a number of reasons, I have decided not to attend the December 19th 'debate' — regardless of whether or not there are qualifying polls," Gabbard tweeted. (https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/1204217776417603584) "I instead choose to spend that precious time directly meeting with and hearing from the people of New Hampshire and South Carolina."
Gabbard had met the donor requirement to qualify for the December debate but had yet to meet a requirement that she earn 4-percent support in at least four national or early-state polls approved by the Democratic National Committee [DNC] -- or hit 6 percent in two approved early-state polls. The cutoff date: Dec. 12.

More at: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tulsi-gabbard-out-democrats-debate-polls

revgen
12-10-2019, 02:37 AM

Spot on. When she can get interviews with Joe Rogan, Tucker Carlson, and Sean Hannity, it doesn't make much sense to do debates where she only gets 3 minutes of time to answer questions on a program that attracts less than a million viewers.

ThePaleoLibertarian
12-10-2019, 04:00 AM

Spot on. When she can get interviews with Joe Rogan, Tucker Carlson, and Sean Hannity, it doesn't make much sense to do debates where she only gets 3 minutes of time to answer questions on a program that attracts less than a million viewers.
Maybe.... But if she was doing a scorched Earth, take no prisoners policy on the debate, she'd be going viral after every debate with at least one or two clips drawing in huge views. She's consistently the most googled candidate after debates. I don't know how many podcasts she could go on that could compare. She's already done Rogan twice within less than a year. She doesn't have it.

revgen
12-10-2019, 04:18 PM
Maybe.... But if she was doing a scorched Earth, take no prisoners policy on the debate, she'd be going viral after every debate with at least one or two clips drawing in huge views. She's consistently the most googled candidate after debates. I don't know how many podcasts she could go on that could compare. She's already done Rogan twice within less than a year. She doesn't have it.

As far as I can tell, she's the only Dem candidate who's gone viral during these debates after attacking Kamala Harris. People just aren't tuning in. I do agree that she's not winning.

oyarde
12-10-2019, 05:32 PM
Last gasp desperation for South Carolina because dead in the water after the NH dem Kooks get done voting

eleganz
12-10-2019, 06:10 PM
They know they won't qualify and are trying to get ahead of it and rally the base, and maybe raise some money.

I'd much prefer her on stage over Yang, does anybody know if he will qualify?

Anti Globalist
12-10-2019, 06:13 PM
Looks like shes not going to meet the requirement.

Swordsmyth
12-10-2019, 06:22 PM
They know they won't qualify and are trying to get ahead of it and rally the base, and maybe raise some money.

I'd much prefer her on stage over Yang, does anybody know if he will qualify?
He hasn't yet.