PDA

View Full Version : Proposal: New Sub-Forum for Discussion of Different Political/Belief Systems

BuddyRey
07-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Because they get to be sort of unwieldy in the General Forum yet are really interesting to talk about. Plus, I really want to find out what the Hell "Hegelianism" means, in plain English! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Bryan
07-04-2007, 01:48 AM
Thanks for the post. We're always open to ideas- I'll be talking with Josh soon on future direction issues and will bring this up. Maybe he'll see it here too. :)

constituent
07-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Start in your local public library

-not to be quippy, but to plug libraries!

lucius
07-04-2007, 09:07 PM
"Hegelianism" means

Hi BuddyRey,

I am going to try to create a poor but maybe workable example of the Hegelian Dialectic, the concept that "conflict creates history."

If you control the conflict, you can control the outcome. In other words, an existing force (the thesis) generates an opposing force (the antithesis) and the conflict between the two creates the final effect (the synthesis).

According to CIA whistleblower Trenton Parker, the dialectic has been renamed Crisis Creation, Crisis Solution and Crisis Control. Here's how it works in disarming the American people (a crazy example):

1) Crisis Creation: random, senseless, and horrific mass murders are committed by people with guns--either mind control victims programmed by the CIA, or other government agency operatives.

2) Crisis Solution: draconian anti-gun laws take away guns from everyone.

3) Crisis Control: only the government and its proxies have guns, and a de facto police state has been created.

fsk
07-05-2007, 07:14 AM
I'd be interested in such a forum.

Currently, my favorite philosophy is "agorism", which is a variant of anarcho-capitalism. Basically, it says that there's no need for a government at all. The free market could handle all tasks better. Most problems with government arise from its monopoly of violence.

BuddyRey
07-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Hi BuddyRey,

I am going to try to create a poor but maybe workable example of the Hegelian Dialectic, the concept that "conflict creates history."

If you control the conflict, you can control the outcome. In other words, an existing force (the thesis) generates an opposing force (the antithesis) and the conflict between the two creates the final effect (the synthesis).

According to CIA whistleblower Trenton Parker, the dialectic has been renamed Crisis Creation, Crisis Solution and Crisis Control. Here's how it works in disarming the American people (a crazy example):

1) Crisis Creation: random, senseless, and horrific mass murders are committed by people with guns--either mind control victims programmed by the CIA, or other government agency operatives.

3) Crisis Control: only the government and its proxies have guns, and a de facto police state has been created.

Wow, thanks! That's just what I was looking for! Sounds frighteningly similar to the neoconservatives actually. Was Leo Strauss a Hegelian?

PatriotOne
07-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Hi BuddyRey,

Is that also called "Problem, Reaction, Solution" by any chance?

lucius
07-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Is that also called "Problem, Reaction, Solution" by any chance?

Yes

lucius
07-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Wow, thanks! That's just what I was looking for! Sounds frighteningly similar to the neoconservatives actually. Was Leo Strauss a Hegelian?

I am not that familar with Leo Strauss, but I would like to know what Strauss thought of Hegel as well. Good question.

constituent14
07-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Hmm, twisted and warped view of Hegel... even more twisted and warped view of Marx and Trotsky.

Wanna know about Strauss and his teaching? Look up the Muslim Brotherhood, look up the branches of that tree and tell me what you see. From the U.S. to Germany/Italy, back to U.S., to Egypt and the Middle East, and back again to the U.S. (9/11).

Look up the Fourth International.