PDA

View Full Version : Senate approves successor to Rick Perry as energy secretary

Swordsmyth
12-02-2019, 07:15 PM
President Donald Trump’s pick to succeed Rick Perry as energy secretary won easy Senate confirmation Monday, despite a Democratic senator’s objections that the nominee hadn’t fully answered questions related to the Trump impeachment investigation.Several other Democrats joined Republicans in approving Deputy Energy Secretary Dan Brouillette’s promotion, 70-15.
Confirmation of Brouillette, who’d been responsible for day-to-day operations at the Energy Department for two years under Perry, came a day after Perry’s resignation became effective.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/senate-approves-successor-rick-perry-234146836.html

Stratovarious
12-02-2019, 07:25 PM
Has he had his Gardacil shots ?

acptulsa
12-02-2019, 08:29 PM
Didn't the Trump fans tell us Rick Perry would shut the DoE down?

Swordsmyth
12-02-2019, 08:38 PM

Link?

acptulsa
12-02-2019, 08:51 PM
Link?

I bumped one just for your doubting ass. Can you find it, or do you need a silver platter?

Swordsmyth
12-02-2019, 08:57 PM
I bumped one just for your doubting ass. Can you find it, or do you need a silver platter?

I see people hoping he would, I don't see anyone saying he will for sure.
Maybe you could quote them?

acptulsa
12-02-2019, 09:00 PM
I see people hoping he would, I don't see anyone saying he will for sure.
Maybe you could quote them?

Why are you channeling Zippy? Do you really think Zippyesque weaseling is a good look for you?

Swordsmyth
12-02-2019, 09:04 PM
Why are you channeling Zippy? Do you really think Zippyesque weaseling is a good look for you?
Projection.

Hopeful maybes aren't someone saying something WILL happen and only a weasel would try to claim they were.

acptulsa
12-02-2019, 09:06 PM
Projection.

Hopeful maybes aren't someone saying something WILL happen and only a weasel would try to claim they were.

That's just some pitiful hair splitting, there.

Next time I tell you I remember something, you might keep that humiliation you're feeling in mind.

Swordsmyth
12-02-2019, 09:09 PM
That's just some pitiful hair splitting, there.

Next time I tell you I remember something, you might keep that humiliation you're feeling in mind.
I feel no humiliation but you should.
You claimed something and when you couldn't back it up you just pretended that something else counted.

acptulsa
12-02-2019, 09:14 PM

You claimed something and when you couldn't back it up you just pretended that something else counted.

Do you see that squiggle above the period at the end of my sentence, or are you too busy dripping arrogance and throwing un-Christian stones to notice it? Do you happen to have enough brain cells to know what it means?

You're in a hole again. Going to keep digging as usual?

Swordsmyth
12-02-2019, 09:18 PM
Do you see that squiggle above the period at the end of my sentence, or are you too busy dripping arrogance and throwing un-Christian stones to notice it? Do you happen to have enough brain cells to know what it means?

You're in a hole again. Going to keep digging as usual?
I asked you to provide examples, then you provided examples of something else and claimed it was the thing you asked about.

acptulsa
12-02-2019, 09:20 PM
He's going to keep digging, of course. How utterly boring it is watching you refuse to grow up.

Swordsmyth
12-02-2019, 09:24 PM
He's going to keep digging, of course. How utterly boring it is watching you refuse to grow up.

Physician, heal thyself.

acptulsa
12-02-2019, 09:48 PM
Physician, heal thyself.

Clichés R Us.

Swordsmyth
12-02-2019, 09:51 PM
Clichés R Us.
Zippy?

jon4liberty
12-03-2019, 07:03 AM
Clichés R Us.

I dont what know what thread you bumped. Care to silver platter it to me? I'd like to see these accusations. If you were right more than likely you would show someone saying that....but........................... you didnt

TheCount
12-03-2019, 11:22 AM
Career lobbyist:

From 1997 to 2000, he was Senior Vice President of R. Duffy Wall & Associates.

All the usual suspects:

Brouillette was Assistant Secretary for Congressional and Intergovernmental Affairs in the U.S. Department of Energy from 2001 to 2003 under President George W. Bush.

Worked writing bills that benefitted the industry that he was just a lobbyist for, check:

He then served as chief of staff under Rep. Billy Tauzin and was also staff director for the House Energy and Commerce Committee from 2003 to 2004, when Tauzin chaired the committee.[6][7] Brouillette was involved in crafting provisions included in the Energy Policy Act of 2005, specifically with respect to the Department of Energy loan guarantee program and federal authorization of importation and exportation of liquid natural gas.[6]

The rep he worked for was a pharma lobbyist, check:

Wilbert Joseph Tauzin II (IPA: ['bɪli 'toʊzɛ̃]; born June 14, 1943) is an American lobbyist and politician.[1] He was President and CEO of PhRMA, a pharmaceutical company lobby group. Tauzin was also a member of the United States House of Representatives from 1980 to 2005, representing Louisiana's 3rd congressional district.[2]

Something something drain the swamp something something ban on lobbyists something something

acptulsa
12-03-2019, 11:42 AM
https://s17-us2.startpage.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Fthumbs.gfycat.com%2FS habbyBlissfulAfricangoldencat-size_restricted.gif&sp=e412ed9e6fe4db9acc21213a64488c0a&anticache=887205

devil21
12-03-2019, 12:01 PM

LOL

How a Texas insurance lobbyist ended up in the anti-swamp Trump administration
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/article/How-a-Texas-insurance-lobbyist-ended-up-in-the-12240445.php

A sober-looking 55-year-old with a greying beard, Brouillette spent more than a decade as a staffer on Capitol Hill, learning how to make deals and get legislation moving. Then he took the connections he made and moved onto corporate lobbying, first for the automaker Ford Motor Co. and then with the Texas-based insurance giant United Services Automobile Association or USAA.

It would not be a notable story in Washington, where movements between public service and the private sector have long been the norm. Except now he is back in government again -- as Energy Secretary Rick Perry's deputy -- at a time Trump is promising to "drain the swamp" and rid the capital of the lobbyists and "deep state" bureaucrats who have long made Washington go.
-----------------------
When Brouillette arrived in Texas in 2006 to take over lobbying operations for USAA, he gravitated towards Perry, who was in the midst of a three-term run as Texas governor, helping to raise tens of thousands of dollars for Perry's campaigns. more at link

At least he's not a Hahrvard gent, I guess.

Anti Globalist
12-03-2019, 12:56 PM
Rick Perry couldn't even remember he wanted to shut down the DoE.