PDA

View Full Version : CA increases taxes on POT.

Pauls' Revere
11-24-2019, 07:32 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/california-boosts-pot-taxes-shocking-205620449.html

LOS ANGELES (AP) — California is increasing business tax rates on legal marijuana, a move that stunned struggling companies that have been pleading with the state to do just the opposite.
Hefty marijuana taxes that can approach 50 percent in some communities have been blamed for pushing shoppers into California’s tax-free illegal market, which is thriving. Industry analysts estimate that $3 are spent in the illegal market for every $1 in the legal one.
The California Cannabis Industry Association said in a statement that its members are “stunned and outraged.”

ROFLMAO. I have no sympathy whatsoever. They pushed this through so "The State" could collect taxes. "Imagine all the money it'll make" blah, blah, blah,. And as one poster here put it. All taxes do is empower the government.

What a joke this state has become, of course this is the state that raised the gas tax .25 cents a gallon, complained about it, then voted not to repeal it.

Anti Federalist
11-24-2019, 07:41 PM
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/e/e9/Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20121205194057

euphemia
11-24-2019, 08:51 PM
I told you this would happen.

When government gives permission for something they find a way to regulate it and tax it.

navy-vet
11-24-2019, 09:10 PM
Follow the black market money.

Brian4Liberty
11-24-2019, 09:36 PM
Follow the black market money.

Yeah, people are talking about the black market taking over in California. The taxes are too damn high.

Anti Globalist
11-25-2019, 08:10 AM
Another thing to add to this list of why you should never live in California.

pcosmar
11-25-2019, 11:06 AM
Washington state is 37%.. and they actually dropped the tax after the first year.
Went from 75% to 37%.. (was taxed 25% at each of 3 tiers) Consolidated into a single Tax..

but that is rare.

Sammy
11-25-2019, 11:26 AM
California is what is everything wrong with our country!

Anti Globalist
11-25-2019, 12:49 PM
California is what is everything wrong with our country!
If only Calexit was successful. We'd be able to finally get them out of our hair.

CCTelander
11-25-2019, 12:51 PM
There's a shock.

shakey1
11-25-2019, 10:00 PM
https://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/056/806/You_re-Doing-It.jpg

jon4liberty
11-26-2019, 07:09 AM
This!!!!!! Is why pot stocks imploded. Black market has the better quality and pricing. Growers make more money. Consumers pay less. And government gets 0. Those greedy bastards taxing the hell out of it to line their pockets

PAF
11-26-2019, 07:33 AM
This!!!!!! Is why pot stocks imploded. Black market has the better quality and pricing. Growers make more money. Consumers pay less. And government gets 0. Those greedy bastards taxing the hell out of it to line their pockets

Yep!

The same exact analogy can/should be used when talking about undocumented immigrants. Local/small growers make more money. Consumers pay less. And government gets 0. Those greedy bastards collecting FED tax dollars from "documented legals" to line their pockets and Fund the Fed.

As it stands, statists want to "legalize" immigrants by "documenting" them (papers please on my tax dime), build a wall to funnel them into entry points in order to "process" them into the system (on my tax dime), which also grants them access to government programs and government minimum wage (on my tax dime), and utilizing Eminent Domain to take rightful private property from people and businesses (on everybody's tax dime), which of course will have adverse affects to liberty and personal economic prosperity.

Black market / Private Contract Rights RULE!!!

Swordsmyth
11-26-2019, 02:50 PM
Yep!

The same exact analogy can/should be used when talking about undocumented immigrants. Local/small growers make more money. Consumers pay less. And government gets 0. Those greedy bastards collecting FED tax dollars from "documented legals" to line their pockets and Fund the Fed.

As it stands, statists want to "legalize" immigrants by "documenting" them (papers please on my tax dime), build a wall to funnel them into entry points in order to "process" them into the system (on my tax dime), which also grants them access to government programs and government minimum wage (on my tax dime), and utilizing Eminent Domain to take rightful private property from people and businesses (on everybody's tax dime), which of course will have adverse affects to liberty and personal economic prosperity.

Black market / Private Contract Rights RULE!!!
Except that the invaders destroy liberty and impose communism which destroy everything for everyone.

CCTelander
11-26-2019, 03:39 PM
:angry: Icy :angry: commie :angry: stares :angry:.

shakey1
11-26-2019, 03:46 PM
Moral of the story... the WOD continues in a fashion. :(