PDA

View Full Version : Truly Amazing! - Widespread Conversions!

FreeTraveler
12-14-2007, 06:45 PM
The following article is good, but the amazing thing is the support of NON-Paulites that the comments highlight. I started to list some numbers, but it's easier to point out the Paulites and nay-sayers. In particular, 10,11,12, and 19 struck me.

Read the comments and see if you don't think there's something amazing happening here!

Unless these are all "spambot" posts, something amazing is happening!

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/14/the-blimp-is-up/

FreeTraveler
12-14-2007, 06:58 PM
blimp!

angrydragon
12-14-2007, 07:04 PM
cool

PredatorOC
12-14-2007, 07:16 PM
I hate to spoil the party, but that many conversions by one news blog is pretty optimistic. I'm putting my money on that it is a gimmick from some supporter.

Nice guerilla propaganda, though. It just has to be administered a bit more subtly. :)

FreeTraveler
12-14-2007, 07:17 PM
I hate to spoil the party, but that many conversions by one news blog is pretty optimistic. I'm putting my money on that it is a gimmick from some supporter.

Guerilla propaganda. :)

I think you may be pessimistic. We'll have to see if this trend continues on other reports before we can know for sure.

Aldanga
12-14-2007, 07:18 PM

Nice guerilla propaganda, though. It just has to be administered a bit more subtly. :)

I concur. It's a little too convenient. Not to mention #19 naming 'Super Tuesday'. Who uses 'Super Tuesday' anyway?

dspectre
12-14-2007, 07:19 PM
I sure hope it isn't, dishonesty when it is revealed makes you look bad.

JeffersonThomas
12-14-2007, 07:22 PM
BLIMP!!! This is super cool if those comments are genuine. Knowing myself as I do and some other great Ron Paul Apostles, I would probably put money on it being a guerrilla tactic. I have to admit I like it. Let's start making those kinds of comments on all the Ron Paul stuff now. :)

PredatorOC
12-14-2007, 07:23 PM
Look at the times for the switch and positive comments. Minutes apart or less. I'm afraid this is poorly planned spam.

Think12345
12-14-2007, 07:31 PM
Here's another thread with some converts which I KNOW is authentic, since I see those people on the blog every day for months:

http://piggington.com/land_of_free

LibertiORDeth
12-14-2007, 07:41 PM

Well he fooled most of the people here, judging by the responses.

DJ RP
12-14-2007, 07:49 PM
I don't think the short time between comments proves much. comments were coming in steadily and fast before those ones. This might be a clever guirilla tactic and it might not, either way, ron paul is converting people fast and once they convert they never go back!

shepburn
12-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Look at the times for the switch and positive comments. Minutes apart or less. I'm afraid this is poorly planned spam.

whatever doubting thomas. Obviously you have not been canvassing door to door like most of us here have been doing. Once you actually talk to real people you'll see that these examples on the NY Times Blog are literally happening exactly like this all over the country right now. It used to be hard to find someone who has heard about Ron Paul, now I find it is generally very easy to.

OferNave
12-15-2007, 01:15 AM
I concur. It's a little too convenient. Not to mention #19 naming 'Super Tuesday'. Who uses 'Super Tuesday' anyway?

Anyone who knows anything about politics? I know Super Tuesday, and I didn't even know Black Friday until I heard about it on these forums in relation to how to target shoppers standing in line.

TheIndependent
12-15-2007, 01:36 AM
Anyone who knows anything about politics? I know Super Tuesday, and I didn't even know Black Friday until I heard about it on these forums in relation to how to target shoppers standing in line.

I know plenty about politics, and yes, it's widely called "Super Tuesday".

Andrew76
12-15-2007, 01:46 AM

Ditto. A bit too obvious on that one.

Aldanga
12-15-2007, 01:55 AM

I'm just saying that I've rarely heard any 'normal' person use that term.

It must be stated, however, that someone reading such stories probably has a greater grasp on the political arena than said 'normal' person.