PDA

View Full Version : We can make a fortune by getting Meetup groups to order on Sunday

Cyclone
12-14-2007, 06:37 PM
So far I have emailed the first 25 Meetup groups on the mega list: http://ronpaul.meetup.com/about/

You can only send out 25 messages per month per account.

I have asked them all to consolidate their materials orders for the next two months and do all the purchases on Sunday. That way it will count towards the Tea Party.

Several have agreed to do it. Now, I am not going to babysit this thread while I look for 50 other people who are willing to do this too. But this needs to be done.

Here is the message I sent out:

You probably already thought of this, but as a large Meetup group I assume
you purchase large amounts of materials. I assume you will need a lot of
materials in the coming months.

Can you do what you can to put that order in on Sunday so it counts towards
the Tea Party?
Thanks.
P.S.
If you don't mind would you also send me a direct email address
for you? We are trying to put together a database of all
meetup organizers so that when we need to send out a quick
message we don't have to create 50 Meetup accounts to do it.
It would help us all keep in touch with each other. Please include the name of your meetup group. Thanks.

IF you will all help out and do one batch of 25 until we reach number 800 or so, after that their numbers of members go down pretty sharply, then we can possibly bring in another million dollars or so? If they all can order 1000 in supplies that is an extra 800k that we can bring in. Or maybe it is only 200k that we bring in, but still it is worth spending the time to create a new Meetup account so you don't mess up yours and sending out the messages.

Now, is anyone willing to WORK to get some money for the tea party?

While we are at it, I will put together an entire database of every meetup group organizers' email address so we will never have to go through this again.

So, whoever comes along next and is willing to WORK for Ron Paul, please go in order and take the next group of 25. (Actually I stopped at 26 because one of the groups didn't have an organizer that was taking emails.) So the next person gets off easy.

Who will send out that message to numbers 27-50? The person after that take 51-75, etc.

Then hold onto all of the email addresses you get and send them to me in one PM or my inbox will get full. Give it a week for people to get back to you and I will create a database for all of us to use. OK? So this project does double duty.

Who's next?

Cyclone
12-14-2007, 07:34 PM
I am now doing 51-75.

DealzOnWheelz
12-14-2007, 07:42 PM
this is a great idea!

xexkxex
12-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Is spamming meet up groups that already have news letter about the 16th a good way to spend your time??

How about hand writing letters to primary voters in NH??? Or practicing your door to door speach for when you go out tomorrow with a buddy to spread the word.

c'mon guys ;) The Organizers have to newsletters already under control...spam is not going to help...maybe even damage...

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Is spamming meet up groups that already have news letter about the 16th a good way to spend your time??

How about hand writing letters to primary voters in NH???

This is about asking them to go on and make their orders from the store on 12-16, rather than hold off until later. So, of course they know about the Tea Party, but they probably haven't considered this aspect.

Sending one email is not spamming.

I guess this means you do not want to help, eh? It is after all, so much more productive to write negative posts on Ron Paul Forums. :rolleyes:

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 07:48 PM
I'll take 76-100.

Who else will help?

Cyclone
12-14-2007, 07:49 PM
I am not spamming them. I am asking them to purchase all the materials they are going to need for the next few months on Sunday. This is a great way to get a lot of cash infused into the campaign. Go whine on someone else's plan. At least I am doing something to get some cash for the 16th. If the 16th is not huge you can forget NH. I don't see you writing letters while you are complaining on the computer.

Ok, I will do 101-125.

xexkxex
12-14-2007, 07:50 PM
Sending one email is not spamming.

I guess this means you do not want to help, eh? It is after all, so much more productive to write negative posts on Ron Paul Forums. :rolleyes:

I mis understood...no need to try to insult me kid. I spend 2 hours a day going door to door with my kids...so don't tell me about being productive.

Furthermore...some people will send letters to those who you have already sent letters to...resulting in duplicates...spam...

The groups are already well aware of what you are trying to tell them...the newsletters spell it out...read it.

Please get off your high horse....I was only looking out for the members.

All I ask is to please post the numbers that you do so no duplicates will result in...Which seems to be what you are doing.....ok?

I am not spamming them. I am asking them to purchase all the materials they are going to need for the next few months on Sunday. I don't see you writing letters while you are complaining on the computer.

They are already aware of this....please pay attention to your meet up group's organizer. There is more going on than just this board. You don't see me writing letters? ...well I hope not...we are on the internet here kid. I bust my ass 6+ hours a day for this campaign going door to door, writing letters, raising cash, and pushing the net.... [Admin - remove personal attack ]

hopeforamerica
12-14-2007, 07:54 PM
Please don't email me, I'm well aware of this. Do you guys know how many emails the large group organizers get? Everyone want everything from us. This one is a little obvious and we are on it.

Thanks in advance.

xexkxex
12-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Please don't email me, I'm well aware of this. Do you guys know how many emails the large group organizers get? Everyone want everything from us. This one is a little obvious and we are on it.

Thanks in advance.

Case in point. :rolleyes:

Cyclone
12-14-2007, 08:12 PM
bump

Cyclone
12-14-2007, 08:13 PM

Thanks in advance.

Well, which group are you?

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 08:14 PM
I mis understood...no need to try to insult me kid. I spend 2 hours a day going door to door with my kids...so don't tell me about being productive.

Furthermore...some people will send letters to those who you have already sent letters to...resulting in duplicates...spam...

The groups are already well aware of what you are trying to tell them...the newsletters spell it out...read it.

Please get off your high horse....I was only looking out for the members.

All I ask is to please post the numbers that you do so no duplicates will result in...Which seems to be what you are doing.....ok?

What "newsletters"? :confused:

By the way, I'm 46 years old. Hardly, a kid. And for the record, it was YOU who was on your high-fisted high horse, dissing this project.

If you will read, that is exactly what Cyclone and I were doing.

BTW, I like your sig.... "Let it not be said that we did nothing. - Ron Paul".

xexkxex
12-14-2007, 08:17 PM
I don't care how old you say you are..I call them as I see them.

Whatever...spam if you want...I'm out of it...I'm not getting pulled into this push and shove crap...you have to facts...

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 08:18 PM
I don't care how old you say you are..I call them as I see them.

Whatever...spam if you want...I'm out of it...I'm not getting pulled into this push and shove crap...

Indeed you are. "Out of it", that is. :rolleyes:

xexkxex
12-14-2007, 08:22 PM
Ok...funny haha

....just do me one favor...don't send me e-mails....or my meet up group...we already know...

Thank you :)

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 08:24 PM
Ok...funny haha

....just do me one favor...don't send me e-mails....or my meet up group...we already know...

Thank you :)

Well then, Mr. Commie fist (BTW, that goes over like a lead balloon with Republicans), why don't you tell us what Meetup group you're in, and we'll gladly skip you. Unless you are the Meetup Organizer, don't bother responding.

jblosser
12-14-2007, 08:25 PM

Thanks in advance.

What s/he said, and no, you can't have my direct email address for things like this, thanks.

Also, store orders are essentially offline donations, and the store staff is changing locations this weekend. These buys will not count toward the total on the 16th.

FreeTraveler
12-14-2007, 08:25 PM
Bradenton, Sarasota, and Venice groups in Florida are already aware of this, and have also reminded members to make purchases on Sunday. :D

Cyclone
12-14-2007, 08:27 PM
What s/he said, and no, you can't have my direct email address for things like this, thanks.

Also, store orders are essentially offline donations, and the store staff is changing locations this weekend. These buys will not count toward the total on the 16th.

You better be kidding!!!!

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 08:29 PM

Well, they must have lied to me yesterday when I called the campaign and explicitly asked this very question. I even went so far as to ask the person on the phone to go ask someone so that they were ABSOLUTELY sure. I was told that they would be.

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Bradenton, Sarasota, and Venice groups in Florida are already aware of this, and have also reminded members to make purchases on Sunday. :D

Ok thanks, Free Traveler.

jblosser
12-14-2007, 08:33 PM
Well, my info is from the guy that runs the store, but I'd prefer to be wrong. Maybe enough people asked they have a plan for it.

Cyclone
12-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Jblosser
What an awful rumor to falsely spread! I hope it was out of ignorance and nothing worse. I just hung up with Peter who was speaking to Jonathan Bydlak who confirmed that while the store is moving, all store purchases are still going to take place on the computers and all that money will count toward the total.

Please make sure you get your facts straight before saying something that potentially damaging.

Cyclone
12-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Well, we just typed over each other. I am glad to see that you did not mean to make any trouble.

Cyclone
12-14-2007, 08:37 PM
Meanwhile, I have already sent out many of these emails. I have gotten back many replies thanking me for such a brilliant idea. So, while it may seem obvious to you and me, apparently many out there did not think of it.

One little email can equal a 2000 dollar order. So, what is the huge harm in all of this? We have already brought in a few more thousand dollars from the folks I have spoken to who hadn't thought of this.

So, whether or not a few of you don't want to get an email, I still think this is a worthwhile project..

Cyclone
12-14-2007, 08:38 PM
That being said, if you tell me your group "number" I will certainly skip you. But you better do it quickly.

Cyclone
12-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Well, sorry. Moving on now. I will do 126-150.

jblosser
12-14-2007, 08:46 PM
I am not dissing your idea but you guys need to understand that some of us get literally hundreds of mails a day pertaining to Ron Paul. I average over 300 a day, and I have to either delete a lot without reading them (in which case I'm sorry but "A message from someone interested in foo Meetup group" is not a high priority) OR we try our damnedest to read all of them and deal with them accordingly.

I will get this exact message of yours at least 15 times: once to each of the meetup I organize, once to each of the meetups I'm a member of who has an organizer that forwards it, and once for each of the general lists I'm on that will forward it. People have this notion that each list they're on is the only way for others to get ideas and information and it makes it hard for those of us doing a lot to keep things efficient for ourselves.

Glad to hear they got the store thing sorted. I looked at my mails about that again and I asked our state coordinator, who said they were offline before and asked Elam about now and was going to get back to me, and the reply I got after that was about the store moving. Some ambiguity in that response, but no, nothing malicious. Call it an object lesson in what happens when you have to process that many mails every day to keep up. :-P

Liberty Star
12-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Silly question, does purchase of RP merchandise from RP2008 site counts towards donation limits and are the proceeds count for the BTP money bomb?

I apologize if it is already answered.

jblosser
12-14-2007, 09:13 PM
Yes and yes.

Cyclone
12-14-2007, 09:36 PM
I am now doing 151-175. Thank you all for all your help.

Cyclone
12-14-2007, 10:19 PM
I am getting a lot of positive responses from the people I am sending messages to. I find it odd that the folks on this board are so opposed to this idea. So far, we have probably brought in another ten grand at least for Sunday.

Also, the people I am emailing are very pleasant unlike the comments I am receiving here. I am getting things like "keep up the good work" " thank you for helping the cause" "glad someone is doing this" and the like.

So to all of you worried about these poor meetup organizers, most of them are very friendly people who are NICE to other Ron Paul supporters.

austin356
12-14-2007, 10:26 PM
The purchases will not count as donations immediately and thus the effect of increasing the daily total is pointless cause the media will already be off of the Teaparty by the time the purchases are added to the total.

Purchases are not added in real time.

Cyclone
12-14-2007, 10:38 PM
bump

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 10:39 PM
The purchases will not count as donations immediately and thus the effect of increasing the daily total is pointless cause the media will already be off of the Teaparty by the time the purchases are added to the total.

YES, THEY WILL. I have asked the campaign. They said it was immediate.

Cyclone
12-14-2007, 10:40 PM

Read above. This has already been covered. Yes, these purchases will count toward the total. Do not spread false information. As you can see above, we have verified our correct information. Unless you also spoke to Mr. Bydlak and have authority higher than his contradicting him, I am going to believe the director of fund raising.

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 10:42 PM
I'll take 176-200.

Cyclone
12-14-2007, 10:43 PM
Ok, I'll do 201-225.