PDA

View Full Version : U.S. will leave up to 600 troops in northeastern Syria to prevent ISIS resurgence

TheCount
11-10-2019, 05:39 PM
As many as 600 U.S. troops will remain in northeastern Syria to continue counterterrorism operations against the Islamic State, Gen. Mark A. Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said Sunday.

“There will be less than 1,000 for sure,” Milley said, referring to the number present when President Trump ordered their complete withdrawal last month. Trump later was persuaded by national security advisers and congressional supporters, such as Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.), to retain an unspecified number of troops whose mission, the president said, was to “secure the oil” from a takeover by the Syrian government or militants.

Milley, speaking on the ABC News program “This Week,” said the number of troops that would remain was “probably in the 500-ish frame. Maybe 600.” He did not mention Syrian oil but said “there are still ISIS fighters in the region and unless pressure is maintained . . . then there’s a very real possibility that conditions could be set for a reemergence of ISIS.”

A separate U.S. force of about 150 remains in southern Syria, on the Jordanian border.

(https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/us-will-leave-about-600-troops-in-northeast-syria-to-prevent-isis-resurgence-top-general-says/2019/11/10/5cbe9350-03d5-11ea-b17d-8b867891d39d_story.html)https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/us-will-leave-about-600-troops-in-northeast-syria-to-prevent-isis-resurgence-top-general-says/2019/11/10/5cbe9350-03d5-11ea-b17d-8b867891d39d_story.html

Zippyjuan
11-10-2019, 06:14 PM
We have defeated ISIS. The US will be completely out of Syria in 30 days. Trump- December, 2018.

Swordsmyth
11-10-2019, 06:53 PM
That will change, the military continues to resist Trump but they aren't in charge, he is.

Zippyjuan
11-10-2019, 07:02 PM
That will change, the military continues to resist Trump but they aren't in charge, he is.

I guess that is why he sent in more tanks- because he wants to leave so badly.

AngryCanadian
11-10-2019, 07:05 PM
Is it really to Syria to prevent ISIS resurgence? or help it happen?

Anti Globalist
11-10-2019, 07:34 PM
We should takes those 600 troops and send them back home.

enhanced_deficit
11-11-2019, 12:02 PM

That's a reckless comment and could undermine MAGA credibility.

Un-Related

Ted Cruz: Attack ISIS in Iraq and Syria to protect Israel (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?454550-Ted-Cruz-Attack-ISIS-in-Iraq-and-Syria-to-protect-Israel&)

jon4liberty
11-11-2019, 12:13 PM
One has to wonder when The Count, Zippy, and ED are littering posts and commenting to prop it up. It's almost like they have an agenda...

JoshLowry
11-11-2019, 12:19 PM
One has to wonder when The Count, Zippy, and ED are littering posts and commenting to prop it up. It's almost like they have an agenda...

If you look closer, Zippy is on the I don't trust Trump team.

jon4liberty
11-11-2019, 12:24 PM
Since '07 zippy was known as the troll and now RPFers are siding with him...interesting...seems telling almost..

enhanced_deficit
11-11-2019, 12:24 PM
It's almost like they have an agenda...

When in doubt, you can always ask or debate any issue.
Could the agenda be to explore if GOPA leadership is tricking its 'base' by creating ambiguity with misleading statements on both sides of almost every issue and trying to walk a thin line between its globalist interventionist neocon top donor's agenda and it's war fatigued base's?

Just saw report that Don Jr got boo'd , heckled by Conservatives MAGA base and he had to walk off stage while he was promoting his book "Triggered".

jon4liberty
11-11-2019, 12:27 PM
When in doubt, you can always ask or debate any issue.
Could the agenda be to explore if GOPA leadership is tricking its 'base' by creating ambiguity with misleading statements on both sides of almost every issue and trying to walk a thin line between its globalist interventionist neocon top donor's agenda and it's war fatigued base's?

Just saw report that Don Jr got boo'd , heckled by Conservatives MAGA base and he had to walk off stage while he was promoting his book "Triggered".

Charlie Kirk and don Jr are all about free speech until questioned about Israel or immigration

jon4liberty
11-11-2019, 12:27 PM
Don jr isnt president...

jon4liberty
11-11-2019, 12:29 PM
Meanwhile Rand and Trump are tag teaming the media...but let's go with people who haven't moved out of their mom's basement and never helped the liberty movement except being keyboard warriors.

Good try ED

enhanced_deficit
11-11-2019, 12:30 PM
Charlie Kirk and don Jr are all about free speech until questioned about Israel or immigration

Are you aware who's the richest person in the MAGA top donor couple and is American or member of a foreign country's military.. and what is the agenda of 'America First' party's top donor regarding US taxpayers funded Syria, Iran, Iraq wars policies?

jon4liberty
11-11-2019, 12:34 PM
Sheldon Adelson?

enhanced_deficit
11-11-2019, 12:35 PM
...but let's go with people who haven't moved out of their mom's basement and never helped the liberty movement except being keyboard warriors.

I recall hearing exact same comment about Ron Paul supporters few years back on a 'fair and balanced' 'mainstream' news channel years ago. Cooks was another term used.

If you're arguing about pragmatic approach and that working through the mainstream swampy globalist neocons funded party with track record of supporting wars can lead to the land of liberties, it's common argument and can be debated.

jon4liberty
11-11-2019, 12:37 PM
Fuck FOX and any MSM outlet. Having been apart and worked so long there have been quite a few bad apples that one might see that argument. I didn't believe but after a couple campaigns libertarians are their own enemy. What do you know a lot of candidates are being exposed as plants? Weird....

pcosmar
11-11-2019, 12:39 PM

To insure that Assad has resistance to rebuilding.

enhanced_deficit
11-11-2019, 12:40 PM
Sheldon Adelson?

His Israeli other-hallf is richer than him, who just won Americas' highest civilian honor Freedom Medal or something from America First leadership.
Still waiting to see who will win America's foreign policy.

Do you believe in 'Follow the money' ?

enhanced_deficit
11-11-2019, 12:43 PM
To insure that Assad has resistance to rebuilding.

Globalist neocons and various parasitic lobbies at home had never aimed to remove Assad, their goal was to instigate instability through supporting terrorist groups like iSIS in Syria etc and to leave a weakened Assad in power for strategic gains. So far everything seems to be going by the script of our closest ally in mideast. Other than that, 'America First'.

jon4liberty
11-11-2019, 12:47 PM
I oppose any and all neocons and Israeli first crowd. Do you believe any of our own people could get elected and make great change? I think the FED and MIC control all. We shall see if trump is playing them or playing us.

enhanced_deficit
11-11-2019, 12:53 PM
It was Ron Paul's movement that paved the way for Rand's election and to an extent even Trump's. It's much harder compared to swamp lobbies bought candidates but yes genuine pro liberty candiadtes can get elected, wars fatigue works to their advantage lately.

I guess we'll see who the foreign-firsters are.

Trump calls on Ilhan Omar to resign from Congress for ‘anti-Semitism’ (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?532391-David-Duke-supported-Trump-in-2016-and-now-supports-Ilhan-Omar&p=6881501&viewfull=1#post6881501)
February 12, 2019
WASHINGTON (JTA) — President Donald Trump called on Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., to resign from Congress for what he said was her anti-Semitism.
“It’s terrible what she said and I think she should either resign from Congress, or she should certainly resign from the House Foreign Affairs Committee,” Trump told reporters on Tuesday. “What she said is so deep-seated in her heart that her lame apology, and that’s what it was, it was lame and she didn’t mean a word of it, was just not appropriate. I think she should resign from Congress.”
Omar, in her first term in the Congress, said Sunday on Twitter that the American Israel Public Affairs Committee pays lawmakers to be pro-Israel.

RonZeplin
11-11-2019, 12:54 PM
If you look closer, Zippy is on the I don't trust Trump team.

Anyone who trusts Trump is a dang fool, IMO.

jon4liberty
11-11-2019, 01:03 PM
It was Ron Paul's movement that paved the way for Rand's election and to an extent even Trump's. It's much harder compared to swamp lobbies bought candidates but yes genuine pro liberty candiadtes can get elected, wars fatigue works to their advantage lately.

I guess we'll see who the foreign-firsters are.

Trump calls on Ilhan Omar to resign from Congress for ‘anti-Semitism’ (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?532391-David-Duke-supported-Trump-in-2016-and-now-supports-Ilhan-Omar&p=6881501&viewfull=1#post6881501)
February 12, 2019
WASHINGTON (JTA) — President Donald Trump called on Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., to resign from Congress for what he said was her anti-Semitism.
“It’s terrible what she said and I think she should either resign from Congress, or she should certainly resign from the House Foreign Affairs Committee,” Trump told reporters on Tuesday. “What she said is so deep-seated in her heart that her lame apology, and that’s what it was, it was lame and she didn’t mean a word of it, was just not appropriate. I think she should resign from Congress.”
Omar, in her first term in the Congress, said Sunday on Twitter that the American Israel Public Affairs Committee pays lawmakers to be pro-Israel.

I hate the Bolsheviks too. We have common ground. We must not let them hijack 100% while they are close at 85% probably. How do you propose we rid the Israeli lobby?

JoshLowry
11-11-2019, 01:04 PM
Anyone who trusts Trump is a dang fool, IMO.

I hear you, but I don't see zippy standing on the right side of issues very often.

Evidently Trump caught the entire swamp. Let's see what happens. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?540928-Bloomberg-2020&p=6882431&viewfull=1#post6882431)

TheCount
11-11-2019, 01:37 PM

To prop what up?

The whole reason that I posted this - and many, many other news articles like it - is because people are lying to the American people, gaslighting them, and telling them that something is happening when it is not actually happening.

What should I do instead? Pretend that we don't have troops in Syria? Imagine that the thrice-promised withdrawal actually occured?

Please tell me what agenda I'm promoting by posting the government's own admission without comment, and explain to me what I should do instead.

Zippyjuan
11-11-2019, 01:44 PM
I have said all along that we had no business in Syria- that we were only making things worse- prolonging the war there. What I have pointed out is Trump consistently saying he is going to do something and not doing it.

CCTelander
11-11-2019, 01:46 PM
To prop what up?

The whole reason that I posted this - and many, many other news articles like it - is because people are lying to the American people, gaslighting them, and telling them that something is happening when it is not actually happening.

What should I do instead? Pretend that we don't have troops in Syria? Imagine that the thrice-promised withdrawal actually occured?

Please tell me what agenda I'm promoting by posting the government's own admission without comment, and explain to me what I should do instead.

What you're supposed to do, of course, is bask in the warm, orange glow of our glorious leader.

Orange Man G od!

oyarde
11-11-2019, 01:54 PM
OK , if all troops but 750 are removed from Syria is that not a win ? I would prefer zero but I'll take that . When was the last time the US pulled out of a country that quickly ? Then there is this , which I find more disturbing , 600 is not enough to control all of Northern Syria unless they are all just FO's calling fire which is likely , whose fire will they be calling and on whom will it fall ? The 150 on the Jordanian border are probably just filling intelligence because it is not enough for security .

jon4liberty
11-11-2019, 01:54 PM
If you dont think Assad, Putin and Trump are in together on Syria your crazy. We provided air support while Russian and Syrian forces wiped out the CIA black sites. We found ton of evidence of Pelosi schiff etc contact with baghdadi. Trump could cure cancer and you guys would post a negative spin

jon4liberty
11-11-2019, 01:56 PM
OK , if all troops but 750 are removed from Syria is that not a win ? I would prefer zero but I'll take that . When was the last time the US pulled out of a country that quickly ? Then there is this , which I find more disturbing , 600 is not enough to control all of Northern Syria unless they are all just FO's calling fire which is likely , whose fire will they be calling and on whom will it fall ? The 150 on the Jordanian border are probably just filling intelligence because it is not enough for security .

All or NOTHING!!! And the result would always be nothing to some members here at the RPF. increments aren't good enough would rather just get more totalitarian big govt. These guys here at RPF have no strategy and just love to LOSE

TheCount
11-11-2019, 03:20 PM

In the last 6 months, Trump has withdrawn 250 troops from Syria (to Iraq, not back to the US)...

And increased overall troop presence in the Middle East by 14,000

So is it a win? Sure, if you only look at Syria, and don't take into account any other troop movements or any context whatsoever as to what has been said, claimed, promised, etc.

jon4liberty
11-11-2019, 03:22 PM
Yet if Hillary was president like a lot of RPFers wanted also bill weld...interesting...

We would have had ww3 with Russia and maybe a couple Arab springs ... you guys make me giggle

TheCount
11-11-2019, 03:24 PM
All or NOTHING!!! And the result would always be nothing to some members here at the RPF. increments aren't good enough would rather just get more totalitarian big govt. These guys here at RPF have no strategy and just love to LOSE

Trump is incrementally increasing, not decreasing, our overseas military presence.

Just like he is increasing, not decreasing, government spending.

Increasing, not decreasing, the federal deficit.

Increasing, not decreasing, the national debt.

And so on.

What you claim is happening is not, in fact, happening at all. You are either intentionally deluding yourself or else you've credulously swallowed a line of propaganda.

Swordsmyth
11-11-2019, 06:18 PM
^^^THIS^^^

And then they also rush to support the impeachment that is being used to pressure Trump to compromise with the Neocons and distract him while the military goes against his orders.

Swordsmyth
11-11-2019, 06:19 PM
They won't be able to stay long and are obviously not intended to.

Zippyjuan
11-11-2019, 06:37 PM
They won't be able to stay long and are obviously not intended to.

US will be out of Syria in 30 days. Trump- December, 2018. Would Trump ever lie to you?

TheCount
11-11-2019, 06:50 PM
And then they also rush to support the impeachment that is being used to pressure Trump to compromise with the Neocons and distract him while the military goes against his orders.

Don't blame this on other people.

Trump is the commander in chief. The military is following his orders. You are being lied to.

Swordsmyth
11-11-2019, 06:57 PM

Trump is the commander in chief. The military is following his orders. You are being lied to.
And you are doing the lying.

CCTelander
11-11-2019, 07:27 PM

See, you're just not "getting it."

Any time something "good" happens it's a feather in Trump's cap and he gets all the credit for it, whether he actually had anything to do with it or not.

If Trump or his administration do something bad, however, the Devil made him do it, the deep state forced his hand, or rogue elements are working against him or without his knowledge or approval.

In this way we're assured that our Dear Orange Leader can do no wrong and is always looking out for our best interests. We must learn to love Orange Brother.

Zippyjuan
11-11-2019, 07:35 PM

Any time something "good" happens it's a feather in Trump's cap and he gets all the credit for it, whether he actually had anything to do with it or not.

If Trump or his administration do something bad, however, the Devil made him do it, the deep state forced his hand, or rogue elements are working against him or without his knowledge or approval.

In this way we're assured that our Dear Orange Leader can do no wrong and is always looking out for our best interests. We must learn to love Orange Brother.

"I could shoot somebody in the middle of Times Square and people would still vote for me!"

Always take credit for good things and blame somebody else for bad things.

Swordsmyth
11-11-2019, 07:42 PM

It's well known that the deepstate wants to keep our troops in foreign countries, Trump is the new element who keeps trying to take our troops out.

Zippyjuan
11-11-2019, 07:51 PM
It's well known that the deepstate wants to keep our troops in foreign countries, Trump is the new element who keeps trying to take our troops out.

Since Trump, who is commander in chief and gets to decide how to use his military, has not removed everybody from Syria (despite claiming many times he was going to), he must be deep state (or was lying about wanting to remove them). He can order them home today if he really wants to.

It is always somebody else's fault. Nothing can be Trump's fault.

Swordsmyth
11-11-2019, 07:53 PM
Since Trump, who is commander in chief and gets to decide how to use his military, has not removed everybody from Syria (despite claiming many times he was going to), he must be deep state (or was lying about wanting to remove them). He can order them home today if he really wants to.
He can't do as he wishes without being impeached and removed or assassinated.
The impeachment is being used to pressure him and distract him.

But in spite of it all Trump continues to try and he will succeed.

Zippyjuan
11-11-2019, 07:59 PM
He can't do as he wishes without being impeached and removed or assassinated.
The impeachment is being used to pressure him and distract him.

But in spite of it all Trump continues to try and he will succeed.

There you go again- blaming somebody else.

Swordsmyth
11-11-2019, 08:01 PM
There you go again- blaming somebody else.
I always blame the people at fault.

Zippyjuan
11-11-2019, 08:03 PM
I always blame the people at fault.

Never yourself or Trump.

acptulsa
11-11-2019, 08:05 PM
Yet if Hillary was president like a lot of RPFers wanted also bill weld...interesting...

We would have had ww3 with Russia and maybe a couple Arab springs ... you guys make me giggle

Name one--just one--regular poster on this forum who wishes the Wicked Witch of the West was president and back it up.

Just one.

I'm so sick of Republicans lying (whether intentionally or just because they misremember stuff like crazy people do) and accusing others of lying, all in the same breath. You'd think after hearing them do it for decades I'd be used to it.

Thank you for confirming every word Mr. Telander said.

CCTelander
11-11-2019, 08:11 PM
Name one--just one--regular poster on this forum who wishes the Wicked Witch of the West was president and back it up.

Just one.

I'm so sick of Republicans lying (whether intentionally or just because they misremember stuff like crazy people do) and accusing others of lying, all in the same breath. You'd think after hearing them do it for decades I'd be used to it.

And thank YOU for noticing and pointing that out. I bet he didn't even notice the irony.

Swordsmyth
11-11-2019, 08:11 PM
Never yourself or Trump.
I've blamed Trump before and I haven't done anything to be at fault.

enhanced_deficit
11-11-2019, 08:37 PM
I've blamed Trump before and I haven't done anything to be at fault.

^this.

Iran Claims U.S. is Supporting ISIS and That It Has Evidence to Prove It (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?511615-Iran-Claims-U-S-is-Supporting-ISIS-and-That-It-Has-Evidence-to-Prove-It&)

"We possess documents and information showing the direct support by the U.S. imperialism for this highly disgusting stream (ISIS) in the region which has destroyed the Islamic countries and created a wave of massacres and clashes,"

more at: http://www.newsweek.com/iran-claim-us-support-isis-evidence-prove-624489

Dump already said Obummer started ISIS, he should invite Iran to make their evidence public.

EM.

Although not sure if using d-word or much more offensive terms used by likes of Coulter/Tea Party ultra-conservatives about a sitting MAGA are productive criticism.

jon4liberty
11-11-2019, 09:28 PM

Just one.

My bad it was GJ/Weld or the write in campaign lol

jon4liberty
11-11-2019, 09:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18_02PpMSBo

Swordsmyth
11-11-2019, 09:38 PM

That's today's LP for you.

TheCount
11-11-2019, 09:48 PM
And you are doing the lying.

Please do go on.

acptulsa
11-12-2019, 01:12 PM
My bad it was GJ/Weld or the write in campaign lol

First it was the attempt to get partisans to ignore the MSM manipulation and nominate better choices than The Clown v. The Monster.

Democrat primary voters didn't nominate The Monster--superdelegates did. What's your excuse? Just happen to like clowns?

https://anjosnodeserto.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/bush-the-joker.jpg?w=228&h=300

jon4liberty
11-12-2019, 01:36 PM
Bush was a globalist nice try. I was more a Pat Buchanan guy in 2000 myself. He wasnt controlled opposition like those LP boys

acptulsa
11-12-2019, 02:38 PM
Bush was a globalist nice try. I was more a Pat Buchanan guy in 2000 myself. He wasnt controlled opposition like those LP boys

Harry Browne was controlled opposition?

I don't suppose you can back that claim up?

jon4liberty
11-12-2019, 02:41 PM
Harry Browne was controlled opposition?

I don't suppose you can back that claim up?

I should of been more specific. Barr and beyond, majority are.

acptulsa
11-12-2019, 03:00 PM
I should of been more specific. Barr and beyond, majority are.

So, you don't like controlled opposition. So in 2000 you passed on a chance to vote for Harry Browne, and voted for this guy?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TFtcW5SrUW4

Well, there's a source of street cred.

jon4liberty
11-12-2019, 03:19 PM
Interestingly Ron Paul has interviewed and friends with him...murray Rothbard voted for him you idiot!! The creator of anarcho capitalism

Swordsmyth
11-12-2019, 03:23 PM
Interestingly Ron Paul has interviewed and friends with him...murray Rothbard voted for him you idiot!! The creator of anarcho capitalism

It's almost like Tulsa just wants to keep anyone from voting for any conservative who can win.

JoshLowry
11-12-2019, 03:30 PM

Stop using insults please.

Origanalist
11-12-2019, 03:36 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/33egr8.jpg?a437088

jon4liberty
11-12-2019, 04:09 PM
Stop using insults please.

Excuse me. "Murray Rothbard voted for him"
Sensitive SJWs on here. I hate seeing my fellow millenials fall into the stereotype.

acptulsa
11-12-2019, 04:42 PM
It's almost like Tulsa just wants to keep anyone from voting for any conservative who can win.

Patrick Buchanan can win?

He completely fooled me...

Swordsmyth
11-12-2019, 04:46 PM
Patrick Buchanan can win?

He completely fooled me...
He had a far better chance than Browne.
He almost beat Shrub in 88.

acptulsa
11-12-2019, 04:58 PM
He had a far better chance than Browne.
He almost beat Shrub in 88.

Who did what when?!

Would you be confusing Pat Buchanan and Pat Robertson?

Swordsmyth
11-12-2019, 05:02 PM
Who did what when?!

Would you be confusing Pat Buchanan and Pat Robertson?
I may be, I just checked and he didn't run in 88.

But he still did well against an incumbent Shrub in 92 and had a much better chance than Browne.

acptulsa
11-12-2019, 05:06 PM
I may be, I just checked and he didn't run in 88.

What? Did you just admit you were wrong?

Swordsmyth
11-12-2019, 05:09 PM
What? Did you just admit you were wrong?
I always do when I am.

acptulsa
11-12-2019, 05:12 PM
I always do when I am.

Maybe I was wrong too. Maybe you do have a sense of humor.

TheCount
11-14-2019, 09:04 AM

Then why have our overseas troop numbers risen under Trump?

Swordsmyth
11-14-2019, 04:12 PM
Then why have our overseas troop numbers risen under Trump?
Because he diffused the attempts to start a war with Iran by deploying troops that he made the Saudis pay for.
Other than that he has been reducing the numbers and he will do more.

Zippyjuan
11-14-2019, 04:23 PM
Because he diffused the attempts to start a war with Iran by deploying troops that he made the Saudis pay for.
Other than that he has been reducing the numbers and he will do more.

Fascinating. Adding 14,000 troops to the region since May is reducing the numbers. Might want to check see if you can get a refund on that diploma (assuming you have one).

Swordsmyth
11-14-2019, 04:25 PM
Fascinating. Adding 14,000 troops to the region since May is reducing the numbers. Might want to check see if you can get a refund on that diploma (assuming you have one).
The increase since may is the exception to the trend that was made to avoid declaring war on Iran over the incidents that have been used to try to start one.
Learn to read before you respond to comments.

CCTelander
11-14-2019, 04:29 PM
War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.
Increase is reduction.

TheCount
11-14-2019, 05:57 PM
War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.
Increase is reduction.