PDA

View Full Version : Trump encounters GOP resistance to investigating Hunter Biden

Warlord
11-08-2019, 07:03 AM
Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) warned that he might vote against a resolution on impeachment trial rules if it limited the ability for Trump’s team to call witnesses.

"I'm all in favor of the president calling Joe Biden, Hunter Biden and the whistleblower,” Paul said. “I'd advise Republicans not to participate in anything that doesn't allow defense witnesses.”

Trump and his allies have latched onto Biden’s connection to Ukraine as the former vice president seeks the Democratic nomination to challenge Trump in 2020.

Hunter Biden worked on the board of a natural gas company owned by a Ukrainian oligarch while his father served as vice president. Joe Biden pushed in 2016 for the dismissal of a Ukrainian prosecutor who had been accused of overlooking corruption in his own office, threatening to withhold money if the prosecutor was not fired.

There’s no indication Joe Biden was acting with his son’s interests in mind and the former vice president has denied any such motivations. But Trump and his allies, including his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, have pushed for an investigation into the Bidens and decried the former vice president as “corrupt.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/469536-trump-encounters-gop-resistance-to-investigating-hunter-biden

donnay
11-08-2019, 07:13 AM
This is not a shocker really. Because both sides of the isle are compromised and they are afraid they will be outed. This is why I think President Trump is a genius because he is showing people the who's who in the swamp.

Dary
11-08-2019, 08:02 AM
There’s no indication Joe Biden was acting with his son’s interests in mind...

There isn't?

Huh.

Anti Globalist
11-08-2019, 08:35 AM
Thats not surprising one bit.