PDA

View Full Version : The importance of July 3rd

torchbearer
07-03-2007, 12:42 PM
http://dailypaul.com/node/519

The Importance of July 3rd
Posted July 3rd, 2007 by retrorepublican in overnight blitz Ron Paul
July 3, 1776 was the calm before the storm. Only the day before, on the 2nd, the Declaration of Independence had been signed. It would be officially adopted the next day, on the 4th.

On this day, to further complicate the matter, British troops landed on Staten Island. We can only imagine the excitement and anxiety spreading throughout the United States.

Tonight is a very important night for all of us. I predict that many supporters of Ron Paul will be experiencing their own calm before the storm. Tomorrow, we have our own Revolution to announce.

It is also the feast of Saint "doubting" Thomas the apostle
On July 3rd, 2007 tz says:
Which is what the "t" in TZ stands for.

Something strange happened when I was in Iowa at the rally. Before, if there was a pledge of allegiance or singing of the national anthem, I felt divided - did I really want to be part of something that represented the shredding of liberties and torture and unjust preemptive war? Yet at the rally I didn't feel bad at all about singing with the rest of the crowd.

It is way, way, early, but Dr. No is building momentum. They can't answer him now, but they aren't even worried about raising a defense. Yet what defense can they raise? He hasn't taken any junkets, returns a portion of his pay, and celebrated his 50th anniversary.

I think Ron Paul sees the presidency (as well as the campaign) as a cross and not a crown. He's only there because we are there. Which brings up another quote from the apostle Thomas when Jesus insisted on returning to Jerusalem: "let us go and die with him".

It cannot be easy for Dr. Paul to fly around the country - he may be spry for his threescore and ten plus years, but it has to take a toll. It has to be hard for him to vote alone in the house. Yet if he can sacrifice so much to be our candidate, how can we withhold even the smallest effort in support?

The founders sacrificed. It may take some gold, but the tree of liberty often takes sweat and tears if not actual blood.

He is doing his part, now let us do ours, and the United States will be the land of liberty again.

FSP-Rebel
07-03-2007, 12:56 PM
That was a very uplifting call to action. Thx

markpa
07-03-2007, 12:58 PM
Great post! I feel so lucky to have the chance to bring freedom back to America. Tonight is going to be a lot of fun and tomorrow will be a great Independence day knowing that I can include myself as a true patriot.

torchbearer
07-03-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm going to a meet-up tonight, here in lafayette louisiana.
baton rouge is doing the same, lake charles.. and possibly other areas too.
We have our overnight plans... plus our July 4th plans.
Louisiana is a state of festivals... Mardi Gras being the biggest...
we have several on July 4th, the baton rouge group has several tents for july fourth to expose all the festival goers to ron paul's message.

I know baton rouge has over 20,000 flyers to go up tonight.

damijin
07-03-2007, 01:25 PM
Really awesome, can't wait to get out there tonight. Gonna get a bunch up in Princeton and Hamilton, NJ, but I'm not very affiliated with the Mercer County meetup so I don't know if they're covering other places as well. I'm just going around with 2 friends doing what we can.

markpa
07-03-2007, 01:32 PM
I'm going to a meet-up tonight, here in lafayette louisiana.
baton rouge is doing the same, lake charles.. and possibly other areas too.
We have our overnight plans... plus our July 4th plans.
Louisiana is a state of festivals... Mardi Gras being the biggest...
we have several on July 4th, the baton rouge group has several tents for july fourth to expose all the festival goers to ron paul's message.

I know baton rouge has over 20,000 flyers to go up tonight.

WOW!!! thats is awesome news. There are a couple small groups of people here in the Harrsiburg, PA area that are going out tonight. Count us in for a few hundred posters/signs.

treeman
07-03-2007, 01:48 PM
torch that was inspiring and i admire your patriotism ,as i am new to much of this but i cannot stand by and watch my country be disected just to be reassembled to resemble something that would make the founding fathers roll.Ron Paul meet-up of dayton oh had a great rally at wright patterson afb video is on youtube and the dayton chapter is gaining force. IS LIFE SO DEAR OR PEACE SO SWEET AS TO BE PURCHASED AT THE PRICE OF CHAINS AND SLAVERY?FORBID IT ,ALMIGHTY GOD!I KNOW NOT WHAT COURSE OTHERS MAY TAKE AS FOR ME GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!

Spirit of '76
07-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Posted July 3rd, 2007 by retrorepublican in overnight blitz Ron Paul
July 3, 1776 was the calm before the storm. Only the day before, on the 2nd, the Declaration of Independence had been signed. It would be officially adopted the next day, on the 4th.

"The Second Day of July 1776, will be the most memorable Epocha, in the History of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more.

You will think me transported with Enthusiasm but I am not. I am well aware of the Toil and Blood and Treasure, that it will cost Us to maintain this Declaration, and support and defend these States. Yet through all the Gloom I can see the Rays of ravishing Light and Glory. I can see that the End is more than worth all the Means. And that Posterity will tryumph in that Days Transaction, even altho We should rue it, which I trust in God We shall not."

--John Adams, July 3 1776

torchbearer
07-03-2007, 02:39 PM
May the patriots rise up and overthrow the tyranny that has befallen our great country!
A Boston Tea party anyone?

torchbearer
07-03-2007, 03:20 PM
star spangled bump.

retrorepublican
07-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Really awesome, can't wait to get out there tonight. Gonna get a bunch up in Princeton and Hamilton, NJ, but I'm not very affiliated with the Mercer County meetup so I don't know if they're covering other places as well. I'm just going around with 2 friends doing what we can.

i'll be hitting howell with my friend

Spirit of '76
07-03-2007, 04:21 PM
star spangled bump.

:D

UtahApocalypse
07-03-2007, 04:23 PM
We The People.....

Yes we are, and tonight and tomorrow is our chance in history to experience if even in just a small way what our founding fathers and the people of the time did. I feel so proud to know I have taken up the cause of freedom and will be taking that message to the streets during this holiday.

TheEvilDetector
07-03-2007, 04:24 PM
May the patriots rise up and overthrow the tyranny that has befallen our great country!
A Boston Tea party anyone?

2 sugars please

DjLoTi
07-03-2007, 04:27 PM
Treeman:

Amen brother!!

Roxi
07-03-2007, 06:54 PM
the tulsa meetup group and the oklahoma city meetup groups are going out tonight with several hundred signs and flyers we made this weekend....one of our members neighbor was county assessor last year and donated hundreds of his campaign signs we painted them like american flags and they say Ron Paul for Prez and other such things on them

also the OKC group is having a convoy of cars tomorrow all decorated with ron paul banners and signs...they will be driving through OKC for hours and i heard mention of a couple motorcycles at head and tail of motorcade....people will prob think an ambassador of some country is driving through HA HA
this will be pretty impressive

also we are handing out free popcicles tomorrow at a fireworks display that draws 100,000 or more along with RP flyers

Bluedevil
07-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Is there a particular flyer that yall are posting up? I have one, but its not that great, any reccommendations?

Roxi
07-03-2007, 08:31 PM
heres some flyers you can use...these are pretty good

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=5340

torchbearer
07-03-2007, 09:59 PM
I just put up my first ron paul sign.... oh, it feeeeels so good.

Bluedevil
07-03-2007, 10:04 PM
I just made a new flyer that is pretty good, how do I upload a word document?