PDA

View Full Version : Just Heard a Ron Paul Commercial on Howard Stern

Young_Apprentice
12-14-2007, 05:51 PM
My dad called me up today and put the phone up to the radio, where a Ron Paul commercial was playing during a break on the Howard Stern show. It was an official campaign commercial. Is this new?

Marshall
12-14-2007, 06:08 PM
I listen to it at work every day and I havn't heard it, although it's entirely possible that I was busy/tuned out. Today was also masterpiece theatre, not a regular show as well.

Richandler
12-14-2007, 06:12 PM
You have to understand that radio work like telelvision. The Howard Stern show interrupts the commercials not the other way around. Each area has different commercials more than likely. This just goes to show you that Ron is spending his campaign money.

Young_Apprentice
12-14-2007, 06:13 PM
It was a little before 2:00 p.m. pacific

EotS
12-27-2007, 09:53 PM
You have to understand that radio work like telelvision. The Howard Stern show interrupts the commercials not the other way around. Each area has different commercials more than likely. This just goes to show you that Ron is spending his campaign money.

Stern is on Sirius Satellite radio - only one channel broadcasting to the whole nation.

I caught the tail end of one of the commercials today. It is a fact: RP has purchased air time on the Howard Stern show. I was surprised!

Oliver
12-27-2007, 09:54 PM
Get Stern's endorsement? Or bad Idea from Conservatives POV?

the_oco
12-27-2007, 10:10 PM
this has been on since right before they went on break, and all through the History of Howard, good ad for the audience I think

Tina
12-27-2007, 10:20 PM
If it's on during the Stern show I hope the ad brings up medicinal mary jane.

KCIndy
12-27-2007, 10:22 PM
Considering Stern once considered running for office as a Libertarian, I would imagine he would be sympathetic to Dr. Paul's views. At any rate, it's good ad placement.

If I were managing RP's campaign, I would have plans in place to spend most of whatever remains of the 18+ million dollars raised in the next two weeks. The early primaries (Iowa, New Hampshire, Michigan, Nevada etc) are going to be "make or break" for the Paul campaign.

From here on the campaign needs to go full bore to get RP's name out there as often as possible. The Stern show is a good start, but I would suggest they saturate both Sirius and XM with ads on all available channels. From what I hear, ad time on satellite radio is pretty affordable, and since most people are listening in their vehicles, it's a "captive" audience.

Luther
12-27-2007, 10:25 PM
I heard some Ron Paul commercials on the Howard Stern Sirius channel last week as well.

Luther
12-27-2007, 10:26 PM
Get Stern's endorsement? Or bad Idea from Conservatives POV?

A very good idea from any rational person's point of view.

JohnnyWrath
12-27-2007, 10:35 PM
any sane person would WANT the endorsement of Howard Stern....he has followers as loyal as Ron Paul does...millions of them.

unconsious767
12-27-2007, 10:57 PM
bump-abooey!