PDA

View Full Version : Blimp Funding Prediction poll

wisconsinite
12-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Now that the blimp is in the air, how long will it stay there?

xexkxex
12-14-2007, 05:30 PM
where's this poll you speak of ;)

wisconsinite
12-14-2007, 05:35 PM
where's this poll you speak of ;)

sorry I'm a bit slow. The way this forum is set up you have to post the thread before inputing the poll.

wisconsinite
12-14-2007, 05:38 PM
I made a typo in the first choice. It should read "$400,000"

QuesoPantera
12-14-2007, 05:40 PM
where's the option that says

"Liberty Political Advertising will quadruple in size and a whole fleet will launch"

?

xexkxex
12-14-2007, 05:40 PM
sorry I'm a bit slow. The way this forum is set up you have to post the thread before inputing the poll.

Really...weird....no matter, I voted :D

millerjd
12-14-2007, 05:43 PM
Maybe we should have a poll about how many polls we should have? ;)

Cleaner44
12-14-2007, 05:44 PM
The press we are getting has already made the blimp worth it. We should keep it going no matter what! With just $200,000 we have generated more press this week than the official campaign would have.

Out of the box thinking and creative advertising has won the day!

newbitech
12-14-2007, 05:46 PM
I almost said 2 months cause I really believe the FL grassroots is going to step it up to get the thing down here next. but I went for the conservative 1 month.

wisconsinite
12-14-2007, 06:04 PM
The press we are getting has already made the blimp worth it. We should keep it going no matter what! With just $200,000 we have generated more press this week than the official campaign would have.

Out of the box thinking and creative advertising has won the day!

I agree. But the question is: now that it has generated some publicity will it receive sustained funding or did contributers just splurge to get it airborne and are now exhausted?

seapilot
12-14-2007, 07:15 PM
I agree. But the question is: now that it has generated some publicity will it receive sustained funding or did contributers just splurge to get it airborne and are now exhausted?

Seem to think that only the proud first purchasers of air time are the only ones to continue stepping up to the plate?? Heres a thought, what about the thousands of new people exposed to Dr. Pauls message after Dec. 16th.

Many people are encouraged that the blimp is flying and going places. The intial 200K down payment will eventually be a drop in the bucket. Some here at times forget that Ron Paul supporters can do amazing things and thrive for a challenge. Bigger the better as we are literally taking on the entire status quo!

Compulsive1
12-14-2007, 07:16 PM
Can Ron Paul campaign purchase advertising time on the blimp? If yes, they would be crazy not to do this for as long as it generates publicity. They have a lot of money and are about to get a bunch more.
So, my choice is it will pull at least a Mill.

mdevour
12-14-2007, 08:31 PM
Don't stop now, we're just getting started!

Look at the many small mis-steps that had to be overcome, most all of which were the result of inexperience. After the first couple of weeks, they should have gotten a much better idea of what you can DO WITH a blimp visit to any city, town, or event...

I'm talking about knowing what kind of stories the media want, how to generate the most interest and attention, which local officials to get involved and how, how to give great interviews, ways to get human interest angles ... Not to mention the pragmatic aspects of living on the road with a 200 foot long airship.

Add to that getting the bugs worked out of the electronics and the web presence, and turning all the new interest into...

A) Votes and support for Ron Paul

B) Money for the blimp

C) Sustenance for the staff

It can and should become a self-sustaining enterprise that helps the campaign all out of proportion to the money we invest in it.

So at least SOME of us need to start thinking towards the future of this project and selling ourselves and others on its benefits. Just as Ron Paul's revolution may become bigger than most of us now realize, so can the blimp's success.

For Liberty!

Mike D.

Doriath
12-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Well, they aren't going to get any more money if ronpaulblimp.com doesn't get the sponsorship thing working again...fine time, launch day, to shut down the ability for people to buy time on the blimp and keep it in the air! The blimp will probably generate the most publicity in its first few days; now is prime time if they want to hit that $400k goal to keep it in the air through the primaries.

michaelwise
12-14-2007, 09:58 PM
The company should start selling blimp memorabilia so that it can pay for itself.

wisconsinite
12-14-2007, 10:59 PM
Well, they aren't going to get any more money if ronpaulblimp.com doesn't get the sponsorship thing working again...fine time, launch day, to shut down the ability for people to buy time on the blimp and keep it in the air! The blimp will probably generate the most publicity in its first few days; now is prime time if they want to hit that $400k goal to keep it in the air through the primaries.

Yes, I hope they get it up quickly. Now, when the blimp is in the news, is a terrible time to cripple their ability to receive funding.

OferNave
12-15-2007, 01:05 AM
I think we'll consider other projects higher priority until it's almost time to pay the bill each month, then rush to the rescue to hit the $400k before ignoring it for another month. There will be a small but steady funding progress most of the time, and a spike in the last few days.

I also think the blimp will continue to be funded for as long as it proves useful, probably at least through Super Tuesday (Feb 5). After that it may depend on how we did in those primaries.

wisconsinite
12-20-2007, 04:21 AM
bump

Less than 2 days to go.

wisconsinite
12-21-2007, 07:22 PM
Looks like option #2 is the winner.