PDA

View Full Version : RINO MJ Host: Republican Senators 'Want Mike Pence' as President, Would Vote Trump Out

enhanced_deficit
10-27-2019, 09:11 PM
Did not see this coming, could be clever reuse of MAGA's 'surrunded by the best' narrative by some in GOP to push Pence who is generally not seen as "the best" among conservatives.
Source is Newsweek but reporting checks out:

Republican Senators 'Want Mike Pence' as President, Would Vote Trump Out in 'Secret Ballot,' MSNBC Host Says By Jason Lemon On 10/22/19

MSNBC host Joe Scarborough argued on Tuesday that most Republican senators "want Mike Pence" as president over Donald Trump, saying they would rapidly replace the commander in chief if they could vote in a "secret ballot."

"If there were a secret ballot in the Senate this morning, [Vice President] Mike Pence would be president by noon," Scarborough, a former Republican congressman who is now an independent, said on his Morning Joe show. "It is that clear. They want Trump out. They want Mike Pence in. They want to return to conservative principles. They want a return to conservative issues."

If Trump were removed as president, the official line of succession is Pence and then Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, the top Democrat in Washington. But most analysts do not believe that Trump's removal from office—let alone Pence's—is plausible given current political realities.

https://www.newsweek.com/republican-senators-mike-pence-vote-trump-out-secret-ballot-msnbc-host-1466938

Related

“Morning Joe” co-hosts claim that the White House attempted to blackmail the morning show (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?520558-Trump-Election-Consultant-Firm-Cambridge-Analytica-Execs-Caught-Discussing-Extortion-Fake-News&p=6604940&viewfull=1#post6604940)
“Kushner told Scarborough that he would need to personally apologize to Trump in exchange for getting Enquirerowner David Pecker to stop the story,” Sherman wrote. “Scarborough says he refused, and the Enquirer published the story (http://www.nationalenquirer.com/photos/joe-scarborough-mika-brzezinski-affair/)in print on June 5, headlined ‘Morning Joe Sleazy Cheating Scandal!'”

Rush Limbaugh claims Mitt Romney told Nancy Pelosi the Senate would convict Trump. It isn’t true.
September 30, 2019
Syndicated conservative talking head Rush Limbaugh falsely claimed to his massive audience this week that Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, told House Speaker Nancy Pelosi that enough Senate Republicans would break ranks to remove President Donald Trump from office.
sltrib.com/news/politics...h-claims-mitt/

In closed-door Senate meet, McConnell gave PowerPoint presentation about impeachment process (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?540359-In-closed-door-Senate-meet-McConnell-gave-PowerPoint-presentation-about-impeachment-process&)

oyarde
10-27-2019, 09:33 PM
Considering the dem candidates right now , there is no reason for me not to believe Pence will be Pres for 8 yrs after Trump's eight.

Anti Globalist
10-28-2019, 07:39 AM
Considering the dem candidates right now , there is no reason for me not to believe Pence will be Pres for 8 yrs after Trump's eight.
I think Pence will definitely be president after Trump but he'll only be a 1 term president, similar to how GHWB was a 1 term president after Reagan 2 terms.

Sammy
10-28-2019, 11:26 AM
I could never support Mike Pence. It was wrong for Trump to pick him.
Trump should replace him with Tucker Carlson!

Swordsmyth
10-28-2019, 01:36 PM
I think Pence will definitely be president after Trump but he'll only be a 1 term president, similar to how GHWB was a 1 term president after Reagan 2 terms.
I think Don Jr. will get two terms after his father.

dannno
10-28-2019, 03:07 PM
I wonder why they would only vote him out on a secret ballot :monocle:

enhanced_deficit
10-28-2019, 06:51 PM
I could never support Mike Pence. It was wrong for Trump to pick him.
Trump should replace him with Tucker Carlson!

I'm afraid large part of GOP feels same way about him but GOP Evangelical base seems to be big fan of Pence.