PDA

View Full Version : Antiwar.com: To end the wars, attack from the right

nobody's_hero
10-22-2019, 07:50 PM
If we have the slightest hope of building on the recent U.S. withdrawal from northeastern Syria, we must attack the right from the right. As I argued in a speech I gave a year ago for the Committee For a Responsible Foreign Policy in Washington, the most important thing we can do is give Trump the right impression so that when he imagines the great mass of Americans out there past his oval office window, he knows his base supports him in seeking peace with the "rogue states" such as North Korea and removing U.S. forces from the Middle East, where he correctly says we "never should have been."

Trump doesn’t believe in peace, it’s just that he doesn’t really believe in the mythology of America’s "global mission" either. He needs to know that his supporters feel the same way about it.

Full editorial https://original.antiwar.com/scott/2019/10/16/to-end-the-wars-attack-the-right-from-the-right/

Probably the fairest assessment of Trump's madness behind the method, and decent advice for folks who want to actually try to influence policy rather than continue to be a victim of it.

Rand and Massie are in there slugging away already.

Swordsmyth
10-22-2019, 08:00 PM
"Orange Man BAD!"

"America EVIL!"

Somehow I don't see those working.