PDA

View Full Version : A Story (actually 2)

Second_Tier_My_Ass
12-14-2007, 04:55 PM
My friend got into a fender bender today. It was his first one, so he was a bit shook up by it. He didn't know what the process was for fixing such a problem, so he called me and I hung out with him all day as we filed all the necessary reports, contacted insurance, and went to find the best place for repairs. As we were waiting in the repair shop lobby, an elderly black man was talking with one of the employees about how our government was sending jobs overseas. But he was struggling to articulate himself...

old guy: What's it called... nasa. Nasa? Nafa?

employee looks on with bewildered look upon his face.

me: sorry to interrupt, but are you talking about Nafta?

old guy: Yeah, that's it!

employee looks on with bewildered look upon his face, slowly walks away

The old guy and I talked for several minutes about the state of our current government. We talked about jobs, the superhighway from mexico to canada, and the war in iraq. This opportunity was too good to pass up, even if I was supposed to be there to support my shaken friend. I took out an old receipt from my wallet and wrote down "http://www.ronpaul2008.com" on it and gave it to the elderly gentleman and told him to "check this guy out. You might like some of the things he has to say."

He had heard of him already! He said he thought RP was a "straight shooter" who "says what he means" and that he had been overall impressed by him thus far. But he still told me he would go to the site as soon as he got home to research some more.

That was the end of our conversation. I had to help my friend make some important decisions regarding his car. While I was doing that, another guy came in. I'd say late 20s early 30s. He and the old guy started talking, and it turns out this younger guy had just come home from Iraq not too long ago. The old guy mentioned Ron Paul to him, and his eyes lit up. He heard of him too! And he loved RP's ideas!

He's catching on, I'm tellin' ya.

So I've been having financial difficulties lately. I'm signed up at the teaparty07 site, but I was beginning to think I would have to take my email off the list because I really wasn't sure if I could spend $100, or even $20. It's that bad for me right now.

As a last ditch effort, I gathered some old books, some from years ago in college, and went to the off-campus book store. I noticed they were having a buy-back period. I'd say I brought about a dozen books in, and only 4 registered in their system as still usable. But the total they paid me for those 4 books was $98.50.

I am really looking forward to giving it away on the 16th.