PDA

View Full Version : !!!Spend the money NOW!!!

areyou4real
12-14-2007, 04:54 PM
It seems like the campaign doesn't know how to spend all the money we are raising for them. I've heard this mentioned before and it was just mentioned again on CNN: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ga-cwedk504

Why is this?

They need to go "all-in" in the early primary states or it will be all for nothing. Make more ads and get them out there before it's too late!

Anyone else agree?

anewvoice
12-14-2007, 04:55 PM
Michigan could sure use some love. We're 1/15 and we've only just now received our radio!

NewEnd
12-14-2007, 04:57 PM
They should be out of money right now, because Bydlak said they needed more money way back. I haven't forgot that. If they end up having more than $1 million in cash plus tea party take, his head should roll for that email.

Lord Xar
12-14-2007, 05:00 PM
They should be out of money right now, because Bydlak said they needed more money way back. I haven't forgot that. If they end up having more than $1 million in cash plus tea party take, his head should roll for that email.

*IF* they are out of money now, how do you expect his campaign to wage war to feb5th primary, and beyond?

IF he is out of money, and still low in the polls - then his campaign is the most inefficient and comical act around.

No, he should NOT be out of money. Infact, I would think he should have at least 10million still on hand.

No way should heads roll! They should have a HUGE pile of money to push them thru ALL the states, not just 2 or 3 important ones. That is called blowing your wad. Can't do that.

areyou4real
12-14-2007, 05:01 PM

Agreed. They knew that TeaParty would replenish the coffers, so they should be spending it down fast. I'm going to be very disappointed if the data shows otherwise.

RonPaulStreetTeam
12-14-2007, 05:03 PM
My theory is the paid staff is there to fail.
They have been fucking up left and right and now hoarding our money.

what have they spent it on?
sending ME a post card.
Calling ME with a janky ass voicemail from his wife about NON political stuff.

DONT WASTE MY FUCKING MONEY ON ME!!!
GET NEW VOTERS! THATS WHAT I'M PAYING YOU TO DO!

anyways, they are weak shit.
we gotta work extra hard.
I am NOT donating on the 16th however I tell everyone else too and keep my thoughts to myself.

Lord Xar
12-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Agreed. They knew that TeaParty would replenish the coffers, so they should be spending it down fast. I'm going to be very disappointed if the data shows otherwise.

*IF* they are out of money, I would say his HQ is COMPLETELY MISMANAGED!

Do you guys "know" what you are talking about?

When you run a business, you don't move along always empty. You have to PLAN for the long haul, if he is out of money - he is NOT planning.

Weird that some of you want him to be out of 15million dollars or so - and still polling in single digits...

Like I said, if he doesn't have 10million or so on hand, they are being mishandled.

COULD you imagine his campaign being OUT OF MONEY and so low in the polls and then having to content with huckabee who is HIGH in the polls and has LESS money...????

C'mon peeps.. lets really think.

kylejack
12-14-2007, 05:05 PM
They have 90 paid staff. They're sending out mailers and they've got ads in the media. Simmer down.

areyou4real
12-14-2007, 05:06 PM
No way should heads roll! They should have a HUGE pile of money to push them thru ALL the states, not just 2 or 3 important ones. That is called blowing your wad. Can't do that.

I agree with you to a point, but if he shows very poorly in the early states, it will be very hard to come from behind because others will have gained the momentum.

OTOH, if he does well in the early states, it will result in even more support due to the increased media coverage and a bunch of new donors.

IMO, his problem now is that there still are a ton of people out there that have never even heard of him. I know that's true in MI, where my family lives.

Lord Xar
12-14-2007, 05:12 PM
I agree with you to a point, but if he shows very poorly in the early states, it will be very hard to come from behind because others will have gained the momentum.

OTOH, if he does well in the early states, it will result in even more support due to the increased media coverage and a bunch of new donors.

IMO, his problem now is that there still are a ton of people out there that have never even heard of him. I know that's true in MI, where my family lives.

TO ME, the thing to be angry at is NOT the amount that is spent but the wisdom in which it is spent. I mean, are they hitting on the right markets with the radio/tv ads? Are they making quality radio/tv commericals? Are they seeking and promoting the propery endorsements?

Those are questions that should cause concern, not whether he spent all of our money.

What is spending money if you aint' spending it wisely and productively.

NOW, I would say you have a point IF you are dissatisfied with the "quality" of what is produced given the money that is spent...

but we ain't gonna really know till it is played out.

Ozwest
12-14-2007, 05:18 PM
They are putting expensive high quality commercials together as we speak, and they're about to go "all in" for the final 3 weeks.

Ron's smart. The other candidates have peaked too early and are cutting each other to shreds, while he has the infrastructure in place to pounce on all those undecided voters who are just beginning to find out about him.

areyou4real
12-14-2007, 05:19 PM
TO ME, the thing to be angry at is NOT the amount that is spent but the wisdom in which it is spent. I mean, are they hitting on the right markets with the radio/tv ads? Are they making quality radio/tv commericals? Are they seeking and promoting the propery endorsements?

Agreed. I haven't looked at their latest stuff, but their early ads were bad. Much of the grassroots stuff was better, IMO. Hopefully, they have better talent and decision-making now.

Also, IMO, if they have 10 million dollars left now, they DID mis-manage their money. They should be down near 2 or 3, given that TeaParty will raise at least another 5 for them.

areyou4real
12-14-2007, 05:25 PM
They are putting expensive high quality commercials together as we speak, and they're about to go "all in" for the final 3 weeks.

Ron's smart. The other candidates have peaked too early and are cutting each other to shreds, while he has the infrastructure in place to pounce on all those undecided voters who are just beginning to find out about him.

Sources?

Ozwest
12-14-2007, 05:32 PM
Don't kid yourself, he's still got plenty of money set aside. He, Romney, and Guilliani are the only Republicans with any real money left.

Romney and Guilliani have already spent millions on an over-saturated voter base, and they are no better off than they were a few months ago.

Ron on the other hand, is approaching many undecided voters for the first time in a meaningful and concerted manner, and we all know, when people learn of his positions, they are hooked.

Ozwest
12-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Sources?
There were threads today about the commercials they are putting together in California.

angrydragon
12-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Romney's campaign is 8 million dollars in debt. Though, I'm pretty sure he still have plenty of money up his sleeve.

davidhperry
12-14-2007, 05:36 PM

Those are questions that should cause concern, not whether he spent all of our money.

What is spending money if you aint' spending it wisely and productively.

NOW, I would say you have a point IF you are dissatisfied with the "quality" of what is produced given the money that is spent...

but we ain't gonna really know till it is played out.

I agree. I hope they spend it as fast as possible. However, they don't need to spend it for the sake of spending it - not a good idea.

Ron Paul Fan
12-14-2007, 05:38 PM
I think the campaign has a plan! Ron Paul will be the ONLY candidate who will peak at the right time! You heard Iowa chair Drew Ivers talk about this a couple weeks ago! If some of you were in charge, we would have been $10 million in debt back at the Iowa Straw Poll! Huckabee peaked too soon and now he's getting attacked and attacked and attacked! He also doesn't have enough money to run a nation wide campaign on February 5th! Only Rudy, Mitt, and Ron Paul do! I trust Ron Paul to run this country and I trust him to run his campaign! We are going to WIN this! There's something going on in this country and it's BIG! It's really BIG!

Spike
12-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Other campaigns have to spend money cause they don't got the grassroots movement that we have. I think their playing it wise. The polls don't mean anything.

I wish they spend some money on organizations who are checking for voter fraud on primary day.

areyou4real
12-14-2007, 05:40 PM
There were threads today about the commercials they are putting together in California.

In California or for California? Links please?

Wouldn't you agree that the early primary states are more important now? California doesn't vote until 2/5. The others are much sooner.

defcreative
12-14-2007, 05:42 PM

Wouldn't you agree that the early primary states are more important now? California doesn't vote until 2/5. The others are much sooner.

They are filming in Hollywood. I'm in So Cal, someone tell me the studio and can go down and snap some pics. ;)

Ozwest
12-14-2007, 05:43 PM

They are making the commercials in California.

RevolutionSD
12-14-2007, 05:47 PM
I would like to see more creativity from HQ like say more blimps but let's not get angry about this.
They are not doing LESS than the other campaigns, so if we as supporters do 100x more than every other candidates' supporters we WILL win no matter what HQ does or does not do.

Ozwest
12-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Look through todays threads. I believe Ghemminger and his wife were going to be extras in the commercial. They had also put out a call for actors and extras to go down for the shoot.

I think it was in Hollywood.

RPsupporterAtHeart
12-14-2007, 05:49 PM
I personally think they were waiting until this weekend to start major pushes in ads. He has got a couple of big interviews on today, the blimp launch today, teaparty on Sunday, press conference on monday. Radio ads are starting to pop up more (on Hannity's show tonight), they launched those new tv ads this week...I dunno, maybe I am stretching but it seems like they are trying to co-ordinate with the grass roots big efforts without actually co-ordinating (keeping it separate)

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 07:02 PM

+1

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 07:07 PM
*IF* they are out of money now, how do you expect his campaign to wage war to feb5th primary, and beyond?

IF he is out of money, and still low in the polls - then his campaign is the most inefficient and comical act around.

No, he should NOT be out of money. Infact, I would think he should have at least 10million still on hand.

I don't expect them to be out of money, because I have seen very little output from them yet. I am still hoping that something big is coming.

However, I agree with NewEnd in this regard. Bydlak told us they were out of money to secure advertising spots for Super Tuesday and that they needed to do it before the end of December. So, if they end the quarter with a lot more than what they get here at the end, it will mean that Bydlak lied to us. I will be more than a little ticked, if that turns out to be the case, because his email really waylaid the fervor of the Tea Party.

hawkeyenick
12-14-2007, 07:09 PM
My theory is the paid staff is there to fail.
They have been fucking up left and right and now hoarding our money.

what have they spent it on?
sending ME a post card.
Calling ME with a janky ass voicemail from his wife about NON political stuff.

DONT WASTE MY FUCKING MONEY ON ME!!!
GET NEW VOTERS! THATS WHAT I'M PAYING YOU TO DO!

anyways, they are weak shit.
we gotta work extra hard.
I am NOT donating on the 16th however I tell everyone else too and keep my thoughts to myself.

Wouldn't you like to know what they are going to do with it? :)

RonPaulVolunteer
12-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Send some money to http://OperationNH.com They sure know how to spend it wisely...

tiznow
12-14-2007, 07:11 PM
they said they spent 3.1 million in october in a fundraising email

so we know they have as of now 5.3+11.4-3.1 or 13.6 million to spend in nov-beyond

i can guaratee you that they spent more in november than october

guessing leading up to early states they will spend at least 10 million in nov/december/early january if not more

basically from tea party on is what they will have for post iowa/NH in my estimation

plus if you do well early the money really starts pouring in anyway

dspectre
12-14-2007, 07:17 PM
STOP WORRYING.

Paul has been in this game and knows what he is doing. The big day is Super Tuesday. Iowa and NH are important, but they aren't the whole race.

There is a lot of time left so stop worrying about it.

hawkeyenick
12-14-2007, 07:21 PM
STOP WORRYING.

Paul has been in this game and knows what he is doing. The big day is Super Tuesday. Iowa and NH are important, but they aren't the whole race.

There is a lot of time left so stop worrying about it.

Bingo

wow, I wish I could tell you what was going to happen...but I'm sworn to secrecy

NewEnd
12-14-2007, 07:53 PM

Because Bydlak's infamous email said they needed to spend all that money to win. this sin't an issue of policity to me, its an issue of honesty.

I agree. I hope they spend it as fast as possible. However, they don't need to spend it for the sake of spending it - not a good idea.

A month ago, in his email, Bydlak said that the 12 million goal had to be spent before the quarter was up, because advertising had to be purchased a month in advance. He then said savign your money and "donating it a month from now" was a bad strategy.

Now it is time to see whether he was telling the truth, or writing a foolish email to take a side in a flame war, causing a great deal of division amongst the grassroots, and possibly leaching $1 to $2 million off of the tea party record. If the campaign has a lot of cash left over, it makes Bydlak a liar, and that would be why his head should roll.

I hope for his sake, they are almost out of money.

stefans
12-14-2007, 07:55 PM
It seems like the campaign doesn't know how to spend all the money we are raising for them. I've heard this mentioned before and it was just mentioned again on CNN: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ga-cwedk504

Why is this?

They need to go "all-in" in the early primary states or it will be all for nothing. Make more ads and get them out there before it's too late!

Anyone else agree?

I'm quite sure this is only a line ron paul uses to express how much money and how much support the campaign has gained.
it's not that hard to spend a few millions on a presidential campaign.

Exponent
12-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Because Bydlak's infamous email said they needed to spend all that money to win. this sin't an issue of policity to me, its an issue of honesty.
They choose the nature of their message based on the target audience. To potential donors (such as with the email you refer to), they try to encourage actual donations. To the wider audience (such as with the comments about not knowing how to spend it all), they try to emphasize just how much they have. I dont' think we should be treating their statements too literally.

amonasro
12-14-2007, 08:05 PM
All you armchair campaign managers need to simmer down. Unless you have direct experience running a national campaign you need to cut the complaining. You all have no idea what is going on behind closed doors and are creating too much drama on what is mostly speculation.

Just because you don't see immediate results does NOT mean they're hording the money in a safe. This is like the 10000th thread on this topic and I'm sick of hearing about it.

wgadget
12-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Geez, guys, we've got the blimp and we'll have the Tea Party and the Glenn Beck interview to get lots of news coverage. Why pay for it when the coverage is free? I think it's wise to save it for when the going gets really tough.

HOW many times has Ron won an election??

JMO
12-14-2007, 08:15 PM
It would be hard for Paul to justify his fiscal responsibility by blowing all his wad before most of the states even care about the election. Probably 99 percent of the people where I live care more about Christmas right now than the election. Spending cash here on the election would have little effect compared to spending it in mid Jan.

shepburn
12-14-2007, 08:39 PM
I think the campaign has a plan! Ron Paul will be the ONLY candidate who will peak at the right time! You heard Iowa chair Drew Ivers talk about this a couple weeks ago! If some of you were in charge, we would have been $10 million in debt back at the Iowa Straw Poll! Huckabee peaked too soon and now he's getting attacked and attacked and attacked! He also doesn't have enough money to run a nation wide campaign on February 5th! Only Rudy, Mitt, and Ron Paul do! I trust Ron Paul to run this country and I trust him to run his campaign! We are going to WIN this! There's something going on in this country and it's BIG! It's really BIG!

I agree with you 100%

richk
12-14-2007, 08:57 PM

A month ago, in his email, Bydlak said that the 12 million goal had to be spent before the quarter was up, because advertising had to be purchased a month in advance. He then said savign your money and "donating it a month from now" was a bad strategy.

Now it is time to see whether he was telling the truth, or writing a foolish email to take a side in a flame war, causing a great deal of division amongst the grassroots, and possibly leaching $1 to $2 million off of the tea party record. If the campaign has a lot of cash left over, it makes Bydlak a liar, and that would be why his head should roll.

I hope for his sake, they are almost out of money.

I hope for Ron and the campaign's sake, that they have plenty of money left for the long haul. WTF, we all know the e-mail was BS, I'm sure Bydlak realizes it, and I'm hoping we can all forget the e-mail and concentrate on getting Ron elected! :)

richk
12-14-2007, 09:02 PM
I also agree with the folks that say if Ron cannot manage his campaign effectively he probably would not manage the country well either. I have faith in Ron Paul. :)

I'm amazed we're this well off; the GOP and the MSM have thrown everything but the kitchen sink at this campaign. After Sunday's Tea Party, it's really gonna get exciting! :D:D

BlueGecko
12-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Don't forget the super secret plan costs alot to implement

Lucid American
12-14-2007, 09:32 PM
ARRRGGHH!!! Another thread bitching about the campaign?

I personally think they wanted as much money back around Bydlak's email as possible in order to best capitolize on the momentum of the Tea Party. Paul's doing a press conference on Monday morning, the PBS special, the infomercial, the Beck show, paying for back up witnesses against other candidates in key states . . .

All signs are pointing to the idea that the campaign is approaching a key stretch in the race, and they plan to hit it full on.

I for one think they're about to do us proud.

areyou4real
12-14-2007, 10:03 PM
ARRRGGHH!!! Another thread bitching about the campaign?

Since when does trying to understand their strategy = bitching? Bitching = complaining. I'm not complaining, only trying to understand the rationale behind their strategy of not spending more money on the early primary states or better TV ads.

I don't claim to understand all the intricacies of running a Presidential campaign. However, when I hear multiple statements from the campaign saying they don't know what to do with all the money they are receiving, it makes me wonder if they don't know, who does? Maybe I'm taking the statements too literally?

Also, I think we can all agree their early TV ads were pretty bad. Since we know they have the money, why don't they get some better ads out there? Some of the grassroots ads I saw were excellent, IMO. Maybe I just haven't found the better ads yet?

voytechs
12-14-2007, 10:08 PM
Don't worry about emptying the coffers, well fill them up again in January, February, March, etc...

Lucid American
12-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Since when does trying to understand their strategy = bitching? Bitching = complaining. I'm not complaining, only trying to understand the rationale behind their strategy of not spending more money on the early primary states or better TV ads.

Sorry if I misunderstood -- there has been a lot of bitching, so sorry if I lumped you in that tent wrongfully.

I think Paul's numbers have done well, especially considering the grassroots have been the major brunt thus far. I have to think the campaign still has lots of stuff going on that we're not yet privy to and that if they've truly spent that much money, they've probably been working largely on infrastructure for the long haul.

I know Paul's spending our money even more frugally than he would his own, but I also trust that he's running a calculated campaign.

I've no worries and think we're probably in the right spot right now.

dspectre
12-14-2007, 10:16 PM
I look over a thread like this and realize that something that MIGHT help some people when they participate in things like this.

This kind of stuff reminds me of when you invest in a company long term. There's a lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes and things that you don't see and sometimes you wonder what the heck is my company doing? Why don't they do A, B and C? But the reality is that they are doing a lot and if you believe in the plan they have and the ideas, you have to have faith in what they are doing, even though you can't see what is going on.

This isn't a 50 yard dash, this is a marathon. You have to believe that these guys want it as bad as worse as you do, so you just got to take what happens and not let it get you down. It's a real test in emotional and power control, but in the end you just have to let go.

damon04
12-14-2007, 10:24 PM
Folks. Dr. Paul's methodology/philosophy will not allow him to "go all out" so very early. You see all the other candidates (I think 2 or 3 have spent more than they've raised!) starting to level in the fundraising. Ron Paul keeps growing steadily and by leaps (the 2nd leap on the 16th).

At all times they are being fiscally conservative, making the MOST out of EVERY dollar! Allowing the campaign to be more grassroots, followed by an indundation of TV ads before SUPER TUESDAY (2/5/08)... Trust that he is being as efficient as possible, and trust that the message will get to as many people as possible before its too late (NH,IA,SC).. we all must do our part, and hope...

This thing is about to explode in the MSM for getting this next money mega nuclear hydrogen bomb on the 16th. It will be justice to get so much attention in the MSM without even spending money! I know we have the capability for 10mil and I am hoping dearly its more like 12-13 mil, something that will SCREAM REVOLUTION! From the People, those who you don't ever see covered by MSM or ever polled by MSM.