PDA

View Full Version : Man on oxygen dies 12 minutes after crews shut off power to prevent more fire in California

Swordsmyth
10-11-2019, 07:25 PM
Northern California fire officials say a man dependent on oxygen died about 12 minutes after Pacific Gas and Electric shut down power to the area as part of a massive effort to prevent fire.El Dorado County Fire Chief Lloyd Ogan said Friday that fire personnel responded to a call in Pollock Pines that came in after 3:30 a.m. Wednesday.
He said crews arrived to find an unresponsive man in his 60s and were unable to revive him.

More at: https://www.kctv5.com/man-on-oxygen-dies-minutes-after-crews-shut-off-power/article_8ceb1378-fe59-543d-ac12-374685979ab0.html

Dr.3D
10-11-2019, 08:50 PM
Seems like if somebody's life depended on them having an extra supply of it, compressed oxygen cylinders would be kept on hand.

I know, my dad had four of them when he needed oxygen.

Brian4Liberty
10-11-2019, 09:24 PM
Man on oxygen dies 12 minutes after crews shut off power to prevent more fire in California

Wow, that’s pretty fast. I’ve heard that when they euthanize old folks, it usually takes 6 hours or more.

XNavyNuke
10-12-2019, 07:48 AM
We need our resident cardiology expert to chime in here. The LA Times doesn't mention anything about a plaque rupture or thrombus and I'm guessing the reporter didn't ask. Of course they didn't provide a link to the report. The pipples are too stupid to know how to read it anyhow.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-10-11/pge-power-outage-elderly-man-autopsy-heart-disease

An autopsy was completed this afternoon and the cause of death was determined as severe coronary artery atherosclerosis

XNN

A Son of Liberty
10-12-2019, 08:17 AM
I haven't followed this PG&E thing very closely because fck California, so tell me if I have this right: CalGov creates regs restricting forest clearing. PG&E has power lines and transformers in highly forested areas. Winds. Fire. PG&E gets sued for (what was it) a billion dollars? Next year (this year) PG&E decides to turn off power rather than get sued for a billion dollars. Unsurprisingly this has negative consequences, and these negative consequences are in the minds of the sheeple the fault of PG&E?

Is that about it?

kpitcher
10-12-2019, 08:29 AM
seems like bottled oxygen or even one of those cheaper $1k generators for emergencies would be required if you have 12 minutes to live without it.

specsaregood
10-12-2019, 10:52 AM
I haven't followed this PG&E thing very closely because fck California, so tell me if I have this right: CalGov creates regs restricting forest clearing. PG&E has power lines and transformers in highly forested areas. Winds. Fire. PG&E gets sued for (what was it) a billion dollars? Next year (this year) PG&E decides to turn off power rather than get sued for a billion dollars. Unsurprisingly this has negative consequences, and these negative consequences are in the minds of the sheeple the fault of PG&E?

Is that about it?

https://i.redd.it/jkxfdjc8hsr31.jpg