PDA

View Full Version : 12/14/07: 5:10 Pm Est: Write Cafferty Immediately!

Pimpin Turtle Dot Com
12-14-2007, 04:11 PM
HERE IS HIS QUESTION:

WOULD REPUBLICANS BE MAKING A MISTAKE BY NOMINATING MIKE HUCKABEE FOR PRESIDENT?

CAFFERTYFILE@CNN.COM

DO IT, DO IT NOW!

Pimpin Turtle Dot Com
12-14-2007, 04:14 PM
bump

hillertexas
12-14-2007, 04:15 PM
bump

FluffyUnbound
12-14-2007, 04:16 PM
Done.

It's going to come down to Huckabee vs. Paul for the soul of the party.

BillDayton
12-14-2007, 04:17 PM
Please show your support and write in.

kotetu
12-14-2007, 04:19 PM
sent

coffeewithchess
Sent!
Being a fellow "Southern Baptist Evangelical Christian" I wrote in and said I wouldn't vote for Huckabee even if he wins the nomination...the fact that Huckabee isn't running on his record as governor, but on his religion is scary, and means he is no more qualified to run than myself.

pacelli
Done, humbly and appropriately.

ronpaulitician
12-14-2007, 04:20 PM
Hi Mr. Cafferty,

Yes, I do believe it would be a mistake for the Republican Party to nominate Huckabee, but no more so than it would be to nominate Romney, Giuliani, or any of the other candidates who are of the mindset that things aren't that bad yet, and that we can pretty much keep doing what we're doing.

For me, there's only one way for the Republican Party to avoid making a mistake, and that's to nominate the one candidate that stands for true change.

LibertyForAll
12-14-2007, 04:20 PM
Done.

aroberso
12-14-2007, 04:22 PM
Whoops. I sent him a question "Do you think it would be a mistake for the Republicans to nominate Mike Huckabee?" (blush)

Please post the responses here if you can, for those of us that are away from our TVs.

Highstreet
12-14-2007, 04:22 PM
HERE IS HIS QUESTION:

WOULD REPUBLICANS BE MAKING A MISTAKE BY NOMINATING MIKE HUCKABEE FOR PRESIDENT?

CAFFERTYFILE@CNN.COM

DO IT, DO IT NOW!

THanks for the heads up.

olehounddog
12-14-2007, 04:23 PM
Done

Qiu
12-14-2007, 04:24 PM
Done.... when does the response air?

pacelli
12-14-2007, 04:25 PM
Thank you for the e-mail you sent to Cafferty File. This auto reply is your notification that we have received it.

While we are unable to personally reply to every e-mail, your comments are important to us, and we do read each and every one. Comments become part of the viewer response report that is prepared and made available each day to our producers and senior management. If you have mistakenly submitted a question or story idea through this comments section, please allow time for it to be tagged as such and routed to the appropriate persons for handling.

Pimpin Turtle Dot Com
12-14-2007, 04:25 PM
I wrote:

Dear Jack,

I am from Arkansas. From my personal experience, he would not be the best candidate for our country. He raised taxes even more then Bill Clinton who was a democrat. He released over 1,000 convicted inmates from our jails, which was more then the 3 previous governors combined. His focus on religion is isolating himself negatively. I think he would be a very bad choice.

Thanks,

Eric

Arkansas

burningfur
12-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Absolutely, the guy is as fiscally conservative as Hillary and has been endorsed by both the NH NEA and HSLDA, a pro-federal government in public education organization and a pro-homeschooling organization. It's like a candidate being endorsed by a National Right to Life and Planned Parenthood. I don't trust this guitar player and he simply will get crushed in a general election.

Done.

mrd
12-14-2007, 04:31 PM
Jack,

No, Huck no! Federal prisons are getting crowded - we could use a President to step forward and pardon a few thousand. We all know Huck's up to the task.

Lucid American
12-14-2007, 04:32 PM
My reply:

Huckabee, like the other “front runner” candidates, just does not represent the core values of the Republican party.
Huckabee is soft on immigration, soft on crime, and will raise your taxes!

For anyone who genuinely wants to stop the slide to the left and bankruptcy, there is only one candidate for you: RON PAUL!

Yours in Liberty,
Steve McCormack

Pimpin Turtle Dot Com
12-14-2007, 04:39 PM
bump

Qiu
12-14-2007, 04:52 PM
bump youtube appreciated as soon as this is on

hillertexas
12-14-2007, 04:54 PM
done

hellah10
12-14-2007, 04:55 PM
he mentioned a ron paul one!!!!!

hellah10
12-14-2007, 04:56 PM
Huckabee is getting grilled here

TheIndependent
12-14-2007, 04:57 PM
Who here submitted that RP one? :D

Ibgamer
12-14-2007, 04:57 PM
I posted that I dont heart Huckabee and that it belongs to Ron Paul

Did I make it on the air?

rothnic
12-14-2007, 04:58 PM
It said something about voting for Ron Paul because he has integrity unlike Clinton or Huckabee.

hellah10
12-14-2007, 04:59 PM
shoot, i couldnt tell you verbatim what Cafferty read... the letter said something about huckabee would be an easy target for the democrats...then towards the end, the writer siad he will be voting for ron paul as he is the only honest candidate running

something like that

tamor
12-14-2007, 05:01 PM
Done

aoeu
12-14-2007, 05:01 PM
Any youtube?

Matthew Zak
12-14-2007, 05:03 PM
He read my comment on the air!

Holy cow that surprised me.

I'm the one who said "I would vote for Hillary 500 times before I'd vote for Huckabee and I'm a republican -- but I will be voting for Ron Paul because he has integrity unlike either Hillary or Huckabee."

Matthew Zak
12-14-2007, 05:04 PM
I said more but I can't even remember what else I said.

ClayTrainor
12-14-2007, 05:05 PM

I'm the one who said "I would vote for Hillary 500 times before I'd vote for Huckabee and I'm a republican -- but I will be voting for Ron Paul because he has integrity unlike either Hillary or Huckabee."

Awesome man, congrats.

Well said too!

That must've been quite the rush seeing your words up on national tv like that :D

SonicInfinity
12-14-2007, 05:06 PM
Youtube. Nao!!!!!

>_>

lynnf
12-14-2007, 05:08 PM

congratulations! a twofer, too -- down with Huck and up with Ron!

lynn

Matthew Zak
12-14-2007, 05:09 PM
Awesome man, congrats.

Well said too!

That must've been quite the rush seeing your words up on national tv like that :D

I wasn't even watching, I was right here on the forums responding to another thread when all of a sudden I heard my words coming from the TV. I heard "I would vote for Hillary 500 times..." and I KNEW. Man I never expected that to happen.

Matthew Zak
12-14-2007, 05:11 PM
I found my exact quote:

Huck is a wolf in sheeps clothing. He thinks he’s the chosen one, and looks down upon “little people”. If he’s elected, with the new powers of the presidency at his disposal, you’re looking at a VERY scary situation. I would vote for Hillary 500 times before I’d vote for Huckabee, and I am a republican.

However, I will be voting for Ron Paul because he has integrity, unlike either Huckabee or Hillary.

celticsman7
12-14-2007, 05:12 PM
Cafferty knows the media is against Ron Paul and not giving him the support he deserves. That's why he keeps sneaking in those RP soundbites.

TheRothbardian
12-14-2007, 05:13 PM
Youtube!!!!

wolv275
12-14-2007, 05:14 PM
sent

Richandler
12-14-2007, 05:14 PM
Huzzah!

hellah10
12-14-2007, 05:22 PM

awesome!!! im glad it was someone from the forums :D:D:D

kotetu
12-14-2007, 05:28 PM
The answer is yes, it would be a mistake!

The average resident of Arkansas’ tax burden grew from $1,969 in the fiscal year that ended June 30, 1997, to $2,902 in the fiscal year that ended June 30, 2005. That’s an increase of 47%. Tax legislation passed while Huckabee was governor totaled “a net tax increase of $505 million, a figure adjusted for inflation and economic growth,” according to the Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration. Huckabee trumpets his 90 tax cuts as proof of his fiscal conservatism, never mentions the tax increases. Also, those 90 tax cuts included one medium tax cut ($90 million) and 89 tiny cuts. Huckabee’s tax increases far outstripped any of his tax cuts, reaching a net tax increase of $505 million and almost $900 per person. Some of these include:

Higher sales taxes (Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, 11/07/96)
Higher gas taxes (Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, 06/29/99)
Higher grocery taxes (Associated Press, 09/11/02; Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, 11/17/02)
Higher taxes on nursing home beds (Associated Press, 06/25/01)
Huckabee lies by omission! We need truth, not more lies. We need a Statesman, not another politician. Huckabee is a politician to the core, saying one thing and keeping you from hearing others. It’s just slight of hand, just smoke and mirrors! Look this way while I palm the card with my other hand. Only in this case, instead of a card, it is dollar bills from your pocket.

Aaronmy answer

islather
12-14-2007, 05:34 PM
anyone youtube?

LibertyForAll
12-14-2007, 05:36 PM
Way to go for a Grand Slam...that's what the voters want, INTEGRITY!!

Matthew Zak
12-14-2007, 06:04 PM
Yeah I figured if I could take a jab at Hillary and Huckabee, while promoting Ron Paul -- may as well. ;)

Pimpin Turtle Dot Com
12-14-2007, 06:16 PM
Here is what my dad wrote to Cafferty:

Hi Jack,

I am the fourth generation of my family to live, work, and raise my
family in the great state of Arkansas. Sadly, we just can't seem to
get it right when it comes to providing qualified Presidential
candidates, and Huckabee is no exception.

Sadly, Mike Huckabee was not that great as Governor of Arkansas. I
have been impressed with his handling of the debates, and he
uncannily knows the right thing to say in response to just about
anyone. However, some of the things he has said seem that he has
fallen into listening to his own spin-meisters, and he has either
exaggerated or ignored some points during his term. Don't get me
wrong, Huckabee is a nice guy and is a good person. But that doesn't
qualify anyone for the highest office in the land. He has very
little experience other than Governor of a state that continues to be
49th in the nation on so many levels (thank goodness for
Mississippi!). Huckabee doesn't have a clue about what the job of the
President entails. Unfortunately, thanks to the large number of
idiots who vote with a blindfold on, the current guy they put in the
Oval Office didn't have a clue either, but that didn't stop them.

One of his proudest moments was getting the state Department of
Education to require all school-children, even down to Kindergarten,
to be tested for body fat content. This was brought on by the VERY
LARGE size of his own children, as well as himself gaining and losing
weight his entire life. I met him at a few state meetings, and later
that year we received a Christmas card with his entire family photo
on the front. Trust me, it looked like the hippos had escaped from
the Little Rock zoo!

By the way, we loved your book! Keep up the great work!!

Best,
David Allen
Siloam Springs, Arkansas

rfbz
12-14-2007, 06:26 PM
Honestly, Huckabee is toast with or without our help. The Republican base is starting to catch on that there is a lot of dirt on him that is pretty damaging and the democrats are just sitting on it for when he gets the nominee (but he won't). Check out all the right wing sites like redstate or Michelle Malkin. They know he's basically just another Bill Clinton. Massive pardons, his liberal immigration policies, tax hikes, not to mention the whole "talking to God" act that turns off the majority of voters. I predict over the next week his campaign crumbling, and it won't take much - the base knows he can't win.

robertwerden
12-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Youtube??????????

ronpaulitician
12-14-2007, 08:03 PM
Honestly, Huckabee is toast with or without our help. The Republican base is starting to catch on that there is a lot of dirt on him that is pretty damaging and the democrats are just sitting on it for when he gets the nominee (but he won't). Check out all the right wing sites like redstate or Michelle Malkin. They know he's basically just another Bill Clinton. Massive pardons, his liberal immigration policies, tax hikes, not to mention the whole "talking to God" act that turns off the majority of voters. I predict over the next week his campaign crumbling, and it won't take much - the base knows he can't win.
I'm not sure.

I think the religious right likes him and will continue to like him, fiscal conservative values be damned.