PDA

View Full Version : Zero soldiers were withdrawn from Syria

TheCount
10-10-2019, 08:52 PM
They were just moved around within the country.
in b4 shylls

"Despite continued misreporting to the contrary, Secretary Esper and Chairman Milley were consulted over the last several days by the President regarding the situation and efforts to protect U.S. forces in northern Syria in the face of military action by Turkey.

The Department's position has been and remains that establishing a safe zone in northern Syria is the best path forward to maintaining stability.

Unfortunately, Turkey has chosen to act unilaterally. As a result we have moved the U.S. forces in northern Syria out of the path of potential Turkish incursion to ensure their safety. We have made no changes to our force presence in Syria at this time."

https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Releases/Release/Article/1984196/statement-from-jonathan-hoffman-chief-pentagon-spokesman/source/GovDelivery/

juleswin
10-10-2019, 08:56 PM
Come on, are you telling me that the neocon in chief did not withdraw any soldiers from our illegal occupation in Syria? I wish you guys can see my not shocked face, it is epic.

Swordsmyth
10-10-2019, 09:01 PM
It's coming.

spudea
10-10-2019, 09:17 PM
Yes because immediately publishing all your troop movements for your enemies is such a great idea smh

TheCount
10-10-2019, 09:27 PM
It's coming.

That's what you said about the Afghanistan peace agreement.

It won't stop the deal, Trump will approve it anyway.

Trump will sign it.

Nothing can stop the withdrawal.

And the previous Syria "withdrawal:"

Here it is finally. The time has arrived for the fabled, confused and precarious US troop withdrawal from Syria despite the best efforts of neocons and interventionistas (https://medium.com/incerto/on-neo-cons-and-their-mental-defects-d12685585b11) to permanently stall and alter course, per a new Wall Street Journalreport that dropped late in the day Thursday (https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-military-sets-april-target-date-for-leaving-syria-11549573965?mod=hp_lead_pos2&ns=prod/accounts-wsj): "the military plans to pull a significant portion of its forces out by mid-March, with a full withdrawal coming by the end of April."

It is going to happen.

We are still leaving Syria.

And the Syria "withdrawal" that was two "withdrawals" ago:

Bolton isn't POTUS and Trump will withdraw the troops with or without firing Bolton.

And three Syria "withdrawals" ago:

President Donald Trump made a surprise announcement on Thursday afternoon, stating during a speech in Richfield, Ohio dedicated to Trump's infrastructure week, that US forces will be withdrawing from Syria, citing the defeat of ISIS and the need to defend US borders and rebuild crumbling infrastructure: "We're coming out of Syria very soon. Let the other people take care of it now."

(Also Iraq)

We will leave Iraq as well.

enhanced_deficit
10-10-2019, 09:31 PM
They were just moved around within the country.

Have to admit my guess was wrong and thought few days ago that even spot move was unlikely.

Not leaving Syria either, there was talk of moving 50 or so troops from one spot to another and even that seems unlikely now.

Swordsmyth
10-10-2019, 09:32 PM

(Also Iraq)
It's all coming and you can't stop it.

pcosmar
10-10-2019, 09:59 PM

Christ is coming.
but the AntiChrist is coming first..

and you can't stop it.

Swordsmyth
10-10-2019, 10:02 PM
Christ is coming.
but the AntiChrist is coming first..

and you can't stop it.
Agreed, but that's irrelevant to the discussion.

pcosmar
10-10-2019, 10:08 PM
Agreed, but that's irrelevant to the discussion.

No troops are leaving except in Body Bags...
That area is ready to erupt..

and we are busy serving Saudi and Israeli interests.

and this is an attempt to draw in Iran. and further escalate that conflict.

Swordsmyth
10-10-2019, 10:11 PM
No troops are leaving except in Body Bags...
That area is ready to erupt..

and we are busy serving Saudi and Israeli interests.

and this is an attempt to draw in Iran. and further escalate that conflict.

Wrong, if Trump wanted war with Iran he could have started one twice.
We will leave before war erupts, nobody will start a war with us and Trump won't start any new wars.

pcosmar
10-10-2019, 10:17 PM
#Turkey’s Erdogan Tweets in Arabic hailing “Mohamedian Army / Army of [Prophet] Mohamed” invading on his behalf NE #Syria to fight Kurdish forces.

You are seriously defending this..

Swordsmyth
10-10-2019, 10:21 PM
#Turkey’s Erdogan Tweets in Arabic hailing “Mohamedian Army / Army of [Prophet] Mohamed” invading on his behalf NE #Syria to fight Kurdish forces.

Defending what?

I have no love for Turkey but I refuse to advocate that we should go to war against them for the Kurds who are little better.

Since when did you become a warmonger?

pcosmar
10-10-2019, 10:22 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGfn05mWwAArT2Y.jpg

pcosmar
10-10-2019, 10:25 PM
Since when did you become a warmonger?

NOT

Calling out Bull$hit... NO TROOPS ARE LEAVING>> That was a LIE.

No troops have left and none are moving in that direction..

Regime Change is still ongoing,, Though the ISIS attempt failed.

a shift in game plan,, is all this is.

Swordsmyth
10-10-2019, 10:28 PM
NOT

Calling out Bull$hit... NO TROOPS ARE LEAVING>> That was a LIE.

No troops have left and none are moving in that direction..

Regime Change is still ongoing,, Though the ISIS attempt failed.

a shift in game plan,, is all this is.
The troops will leave and they were just pulled out of the way of a war, this is yet another war Trump has declined to start.
And you are focused on portraying Trump as bad for not starting a war with Turkey while in another thread you advocate for allowing Turkey to send terrorists to invade Europe.

phill4paul
10-10-2019, 10:31 PM
Will American blood be spilt? No?

Good.

Fuck Turkey. Fuck Syria. Fuck the Kurds.

pcosmar
10-10-2019, 10:34 PM

Don't take that bet.

Too much disinformation for that to be likely.

Swordsmyth
10-10-2019, 10:36 PM

Good.

$#@! Turkey. $#@! Syria. $#@! the Kurds.
But Orange Man BAD!

pcosmar
10-10-2019, 10:40 PM
The troops will leave and they were just pulled out of the way of a war, this is yet another war Trump has declined to start.
And you are focused on portraying Trump as bad for not starting a war with Turkey while in another thread you advocate for allowing Turkey to send terrorists to invade Europe.

YOU are truly Phucked in the Head to twist my words that badly..

I would welcome troops leaving .. I believe the Clown is Lying...

I expect escalation,,, I don't welcome it..

I expect someone to provoke Iran into retaliation. simply because that has been a long term goal.

And I expect the mouthy Clown to Bully his way through it,, at our expense.

Swordsmyth
10-10-2019, 10:43 PM
YOU are truly Phucked in the Head to twist my words that badly..

I would welcome troops leaving .. I believe the Clown is Lying...

I expect escalation,,, I don't welcome it..

I expect someone to provoke Iran into retaliation. simply because that has been a long term goal.

And I expect the mouthy Clown to Bully his way through it,, at our expense.
Please explain what Erdogan's tweet has to do with any of that.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by pcosmar http://www.ronpaulforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=6871776#post6871776)

You were clearly opposed to allowing Turkey to enter Syria and were accusing me of defending Turkey's invasion.

I await any other explanation.

Origanalist
10-10-2019, 10:47 PM
It's coming.

That's it? It's coming? No references? Just you spouting?

pcosmar
10-10-2019, 10:53 PM
I await any other explanation.

You are defending The Clown in Chief

I am calling his actions stupid, dishonest and dangerous.

The Clown is a Phucking Fool... and a Tool..

and I have yet to see anything to change my mind.

Swordsmyth
10-10-2019, 10:57 PM
You are defending The Clown in Chief

I am calling his actions stupid, dishonest and dangerous.

The Clown is a Phucking Fool... and a Tool..

and I have yet to see anything to change my mind.
He kept us out of a war with Turkey and you call that stupid, dishonest and dangerous.
What does Erdogan's tweet have to do with anything unless your point is supposed to be that he is bad and we should be stopping him?

pcosmar
10-10-2019, 10:59 PM
He kept us out of a war with Turkey

WHAT ?????

check your meds...

Swordsmyth
10-10-2019, 11:04 PM
WHAT ?????

check your meds...
You should check yours.

Turkey said "we are coming in and attacking the Kurds, get out of the way or we will attack you too", Trump got out of the way instead of trying to stop them.

Trump will pull the troops out and bring them home.

Swordsmyth
10-10-2019, 11:05 PM
pcosmar, What does Erdogan's tweet have to do with anything unless your point is supposed to be that he is bad and we should be stopping him?

juleswin
10-11-2019, 04:50 AM

Good.

And the Trumpbots moves the goalpost yet again

AngryCanadian
10-11-2019, 05:35 AM

Good.

The kurds should have taken the Russian/Assad deal and offer. No ISIS No Americans nor would Turkey dare to attack Kurds while Russia has their forces protecting them. But kurds are fools who believe that America will Guarantee them a independent state.

vita3
10-11-2019, 06:56 AM
US bases were abandoned & troops will not be coming back.

So many negatiods

Anti Globalist
10-11-2019, 07:54 AM

Good.

Fuck the whole region in general.

shakey1
10-11-2019, 10:02 AM

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100304062947/simpsons/images/e/e5/Gypsy.png

Zippyjuan
10-11-2019, 12:00 PM

(Also Iraq)

In March, 2017 Trump promised to be out of Syria "Very soon". In December 2018 he said they would be gone in 30 days. More saying one thing and doing something else. Meanwhile he has sent 14,000 more troops to the Middle East since May and is adding more to Saudi Arabia. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?540081-Trump-is-sending-more-Troops-and-Weapons-to-Saudi-Arabia

phill4paul
10-11-2019, 01:02 PM
Amazing how Trump has changed the discourse. Just was listening to the Rush show with Mark Stein sitting in while running errands.

Here we have a conservative talk radio show host questioning why we are there in Syria in the first place. What is our national security interest? And why after 18 yrs. we are still in Afghanistan? Even mentioning that a child born on 9/11 would be donning a uniform and be deployed over there.

On the most listened to conservative talk show.

Questioning our M.E. involvement.

Amazing.

phill4paul
10-11-2019, 01:33 PM
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/72668576_2985400888143893_8389915997930258432_n.jp g?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQkw-_0XeZqUhWcmRpUsft8lpzgoXgihLIDfStNhDxWowrq0EqBtyqF g4z6Cb8eeGTQ&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=5288555c480901d7b4739bca432c44c6&oe=5E195B73

Zippyjuan
10-11-2019, 01:38 PM
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/72668576_2985400888143893_8389915997930258432_n.jp g?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQkw-_0XeZqUhWcmRpUsft8lpzgoXgihLIDfStNhDxWowrq0EqBtyqF g4z6Cb8eeGTQ&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=5288555c480901d7b4739bca432c44c6&oe=5E195B73

Um- they weren't withdrawn. They were moved to another base in Syria. Syria had been relatively stable for a while (and the US advisers were not in any fighting) but moving them out of Turkey's way allowed the war in Syria to get re-started again and expand to include more countries. It did not bring home any Americans and it made the situation there worse.

phill4paul
10-11-2019, 01:41 PM
Um- they weren't withdrawn. They were moved to another base in Syria. Syria had been relatively stable for a while (and the US advisers were not in any fighting) but moving them out of Turkey's way allowed the war in Syria to get re-started again and expand to include more countries. It did not bring home any Americans and it made the situation there worse.

It also didn't put them in harm's way. And if you think that is a bad thing then there is no hope for you.

Zippyjuan
10-11-2019, 01:43 PM
It also didn't put them in harm's way. And if you think that is a bad thing then there is no hope for you.

They are no more in harms way than they were two weeks ago. No troops were withdrawn. The only thing which was changed was making room for Turkey to get into the war. But if that continues to escalate, it could put US troops in danger. It certainly harms the US reputation as somebody you can rely on.

phill4paul
10-11-2019, 01:53 PM
They are no more in harms way than they were two weeks ago. No troops were withdrawn. The only thing which was changed was making room for Turkey to get into the war. But if that continues to escalate, it could put US troops in danger. It certainly harms the US reputation as somebody you can rely on.

So you would have rather Trump kept those troops where they were?

Zippyjuan
10-11-2019, 02:24 PM
So you would have rather Trump kept those troops where they were?

The US benefits from stability in the world. More countries buy our stuff which creates jobs here. It keeps the prices of inputs we need like oil lower as well which also benefits us. There are relatively few US military people in Syria and they are not in combat roles.

Trump said we don't have any soldiers in Syria anyways.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/10/politics/trump-fact-check-no-soldiers-in-syria/index.html

"We've won, we beat ISIS, and we beat 'em badly and decisively. We have no soldiers. The last thing I want to do is bring thousands and thousands of soldiers in and defeat everybody again. We've already done that," Trump said.

Meanwhile he is sending thousands more to Saudi Arabia. He has sent 14,000 additional troops to the Middle East since May.

We have one of three choices: Send in thousands of troops and win Militarily, hit Turkey very hard Financially and with Sanctions, or mediate a deal between Turkey and the Kurds!

Kurds won't trust him to mediate for them so I guess that leaves the first two options?

Superfluous Man
10-11-2019, 02:54 PM
And the Trumpbots moves the goalpost yet again

Back when Obama put an emphasis on drone strikes, I don't remember posters here cheering him on for doing something that would only shed the blood of foreigners and not Americans.

Zippyjuan
10-11-2019, 03:02 PM
Back when Obama put an emphasis on drone strikes, I don't remember posters here cheering him on for doing something that would only shed the blood of foreigners and not Americans.

Trump drone strikes are the best. Much better than Obama. But he doesn't want you to know about it. He halted requirements that attacks and casualty counts be reported. To further hide things, he turned the program over to the CIA. Less pesky oversight.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/2019/5/8/18619206/under-donald-trump-drone-strikes-far-exceed-obama-s-numbers

Under Donald Trump, drone strikes far exceed Obama’s numbers

The Trump administration has carried out 176 strikes in Yemen in just two years, compared with 154 there during all eight years of Obama’s tenure, according to a count by The Associated Press and the Bureau of Investigative Journalism.

Experts also say drone strikes under President Trump have surged in Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria.

And, as was the case during Obama’s presidency, these strikes have resulted in untold numbers of civilian casualties. According to the United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan, U.S. drone strikes in Afghanistan killed more than 150 civilians in the first nine months of 2018.

Amnesty International reports drones have killed at least 14 civilians in Somalia since 2017.

As of January of this year, U.S. drone strikes fighting ISIS in Iraq and Syria have killed at least 1,257 civilians, according to the Pentagon, and a monitoring group, Airwars, estimates the number to be as great as 7,500.

That you might not be aware of what should be a startling and deeply troubling escalation in unaccountable remote-control warfare by the U.S. is both by design and default.

For one, the Obama administration paved the way for popularizing and normalizing drone wars, which also included the extrajudicial killing of U.S. citizens, first by hiding it, then by begrudgingly acknowledging it, and then by pretending to meaningfully constrain it.

Obama eventually put in place arcane requirements to issue public reports on civilian death tolls (but just in certain military theaters), to limit targets to high-level militants (again, in certain battlefields), and require interagency approval (also only for certain targets).

Trump has peeled back all of those requirements because, well, he can. We now know more than we did about U.S. drone wars when Obama first took office, but less than when he left.

You can also blame cowardly, partisan politics for hearing little from lawmakers about these escalations. Republicans, of course, no longer criticize these sorts of things — even if they subscribe to Trump’s Obama-rebuking, “America First” isolationism. And Democrats who might take issue with unaccountable wars and civilian deaths know to do so they’d have to acknowledge Obama’s role in the mess, and so …Trump’s tax returns it is.

Swordsmyth
10-11-2019, 04:07 PM
The US benefits from stability in the world. More countries buy our stuff which creates jobs here. It keeps the prices of inputs we need like oil lower as well which also benefits us. There are relatively few US military people in Syria and they are not in combat roles.
Zippy exposes himself as Republicanguy?
The US would be much better off if we let the world alone but zippy works for the MIC and they make lots of money from intervention, that's why he's mad that Trump move the troops instead of starting a war with Turkey and is saying he is going to withdraw from Syria and the region in general.

Meanwhile he is sending thousands more to Saudi Arabia. He has sent 14,000 additional troops to the Middle East since May.
They are not fighting a war and it is much better than starting a war with Iran as he is being pushed to do.

Zippyjuan
10-11-2019, 04:12 PM
Zippy exposes himself as Republicanguy?
The US would be much better off if we let the world alone but zippy works for the MIC and they make lots of money from intervention, that's why he's mad that Trump move the troops instead of starting a war with Turkey and is saying he is going to withdraw from Syria and the region in general.

Trump has been withdrawing from the Middle East for two and a half years. We will be out of Syria "very soon" in 2017. In December 2018 "we will be out of Syria in 30 days". Yet there are more troops there than when he took office. In fact, there are more US troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and Yemen and Saudi Arabia and Somalia as well. "More is less!"

They are not fighting a war and it is much better than starting a war with Iran as he is being pushed to do.

The troops (which Trump himself sent in) in Syria are not fighting either. So I guess you do support them staying. Thanks for the clarification of your position!

Swordsmyth
10-11-2019, 04:18 PM
Trump has been withdrawing from the Middle East for two and a half years. We will be out of Syria "very soon" in 2017. In December 2018 "we will be out of Syria in 30 days". Yet there are more troops there than when he took office. In fact, there are more US troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and Yemen and Saudi Arabia and Somalia as well. "More is less!"
Trump has faced many obstacles to his plans to withdraw but it will happen now because the obstacles are being dealt with.

The troops (which Trump himself sent in) in Syria are not fighting either. So I guess you do support them staying. Thanks for the clarification of your position!
You want them to fight Turkey and there is a war there which they are part of whether you call it fighting or not, I wouldn't send troops to Saudi Arabia but it is better than having them in Syria or starting war with Iran.

Zippyjuan
10-11-2019, 04:24 PM
Trump has faced many obstacles to his plans to withdraw but it will happen now because the obstacles are being dealt with.

"It will be starting soon! I promise!" Been hearing that for two years now.

CCTelander
10-11-2019, 04:43 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k8craCGpgs

RJB
10-11-2019, 05:35 PM
OK, yesterday, I see some posters proclaiming that Orange Man bad. The Kurds are getting slaughtered because Orange Man abandoned allies.

Today it's Orange Man bad because he didn't withdraw the troops and abandoned the Kurds.

Which is it?

Swordsmyth
10-11-2019, 05:42 PM
OK, yesterday, I see some posters proclaiming that Orange Man bad. The Kurds are getting slaughtered because Orange Man abandoned allies.

Today it's Orange Man bad because he didn't withdraw the troops and abandoned the Kurds.

Which is it?
Both.

Orange Man would be bad if he ended the Fed, devil can explain how.

r3volution 3.0
10-11-2019, 06:06 PM
In March, 2017 Trump promised to be out of Syria "Very soon". In December 2018 he said they would be gone in 30 days. More saying one thing and doing something else. Meanwhile he has sent 14,000 more troops to the Middle East since May and is adding more to Saudi Arabia.

Just reelect him one more time.

Then he'll fulfill all his promises (only the ones you like, though) and give you free tickets to his resort on the Big Rock Candy Mountain.

Origanalist
10-11-2019, 06:47 PM

Which is it?

Are they the same people?

Ender
10-11-2019, 06:57 PM

Which is it?

Wrong 2nd choice.

He moved the troops to a different location which allows Turkey to take out the Kurds.

Swordsmyth
10-11-2019, 07:04 PM
Wrong 2nd choice.

He moved the troops to a different location which allows Turkey to take out the Kurds.

And you wanted him to go to war with Turkey instead.

Zippyjuan
10-11-2019, 07:14 PM
And you wanted him to go to war with Turkey instead.

False dichotomy though Trump mentioned that as an option. The others being sanctions or him acting as a mediator (which the Kurds would not be willing to accept since he let the Turks in). That leaves the military or sanctions.

We have one of three choices: Send in thousands of troops and win Militarily, hit Turkey very hard Financially and with Sanctions, or mediate a deal between Turkey and the Kurds!

Swordsmyth
10-11-2019, 07:22 PM
False dichotomy though Trump mentioned that as an option. The others being sanctions or him acting as a mediator (which the Kurds would not be willing to accept since he let the Turks in). That leaves the military or sanctions.

It's not a false dichotomy, Ender mentioned the Turks taking out the Kurds, the only reason to mention that is if he wanted us to stop it and the only way to do that would be to go to war.

Trump is making the possibilities known so people who are too dumb to figure it out will know he chose not to go to war with Turkey.

Origanalist
10-11-2019, 07:26 PM
It's not a false dichotomy, Ender mentioned the Turks taking out the Kurds, the only reason to mention that is if he wanted us to stop it and the only way to do that would be to go to war.

Trump is making the possibilities known so people who are too dumb to figure it out will know he chose not to go to war with Turkey.

WTF kind of psychobabble is this?

pcosmar
10-11-2019, 07:38 PM

Tell that to the Special Forces that WERE attacked.

escalation is in the long game plan..

An Iranian Tanker was just attacked too. I do not think it was coincidence.

Zippyjuan
10-11-2019, 07:44 PM
Tell that to the Special Forces that WERE attacked.

escalation is in the long game plan..

An Iranian Tanker was just attacked too. I do not think it was coincidence.

Maybe. Iranian news photos didn't show any damage to the ship allegedly hit in two fuel compartments and was reportedly sailing along just fine (they changed the name of the ship they said was attacked too). Nobody has confirmed the report.

https://i0.wp.com/metro.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/PRC_89407941.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=480%2C252&ssl=1

pcosmar
10-11-2019, 07:50 PM
U.S. Sends More Forces to Mideast While Trump Vows Withdrawal
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-11/u-s-expected-to-announce-new-troop-deployment-to-middle-east

Origanalist
10-11-2019, 07:59 PM
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-11/u-s-expected-to-announce-new-troop-deployment-to-middle-east

“Saudi Arabia at my request has agreed to pay us for everything we’re doing -- that’s a first,” Trump told reporters late Friday, without elaborating on terms for such reimbursement.

US soldiers are now contracted out by the government to foreign nations. Hey, look on the bright side, at least we aren't paying for it. Maybe.

Zippyjuan
10-11-2019, 08:05 PM

Only 14,000 more US troops in the region since May- 3,000 in the last month with more on the way.

Ender
10-11-2019, 09:31 PM

Quit making things up about what I said.

Plus it's BS. The soldiers there stopped the Turks- now the Turks have been given free reign.

Swordsmyth
10-11-2019, 09:39 PM
Quit making things up about what I said.

Plus it's BS. The soldiers there stopped the Turks- now the Turks have been given free reign.
If your goal is the removal of our troops then the Kurds are irrelevant, they would be left to deal with the Turks by themselves if that happened.
The fact that the TDS crowd keeps bringing up the Kurds shows that either you want a war with Turkey or that you will mindlessly repeat MSM talking points as long as they portray "Orange Man" as bad.

Ender
10-11-2019, 10:26 PM
If your goal is the removal of our troops then the Kurds are irrelevant, they would be left to deal with the Turks by themselves if that happened.
The fact that the TDS crowd keeps bringing up the Kurds shows that either you want a war with Turkey or that you will mindlessly repeat MSM talking points as long as they portray "Orange Man" as bad.

I was stating what is actually going on- not what my goals are. Stop with the BS insinuations.

Swordsmyth
10-11-2019, 10:29 PM
I was stating what is actually going on- not what my goals are. Stop with the BS insinuations.
You were attempting to make Trump avoiding war with Turkey sound like a bad thing.

shakey1
10-11-2019, 10:29 PM
Just.Get.Out.

Ender
10-12-2019, 12:03 AM
You were attempting to make Trump avoiding war with Turkey sound like a bad thing.

I was not.

My POV is that we should exit all the ME unconstitutional wars.

Swordsmyth
10-12-2019, 12:09 AM
I was not.

My POV is that we should exit all the ME unconstitutional wars.
Then there was no reason to mention the Kurds.
You should stop listening to and repeating the MSM.

r3volution 3.0
10-12-2019, 02:04 AM

(Also Iraq)

Devastating illustration of Trumpkin naivete, and...

lol

I guess this can be included in next year's edition.

Ender
10-12-2019, 01:04 PM
Then there was no reason to mention the Kurds.
You should stop listening to and repeating the MSM.

LOL- says the biggest repeater of the MSM on the forum.

CCTelander
10-12-2019, 01:13 PM
Devastating illustration of Trumpkin naivete, and...

lol

I guess this can be included in next year's edition.

Hope springs eternal.

Gumba of Liberty
10-12-2019, 01:40 PM

Trump tweets withdrawal of US Troop’s from Syria - Spring of 2017. Days later in the Corporate Media: ASSAD USES CHEMICAL WEAPONS ON OWN PEOPLE!

Trump tweets withdrawal of US Troop’s from Syria - Spring of 2018. Days later in the Corporate Media: ASSAD USES CHEMICAL WEAPONS ON OWN PEOPLE, AGAIN!

Trump tweets withdrawal of US Troop’s from Syria - Fall of 2019. Days later in the Corporate Media: A WHISTLE BLOWER HAS COME FORWARD WITH EVIDENCE OF TRUMP PRESSURING THE UKRAINIAN PRESIDENT!

Color me not surprised. BTW, Dr. Paul would have been Nixoned/JFKed by now.

Swordsmyth
10-12-2019, 02:32 PM
LOL- says the biggest repeater of the MSM on the forum.
LOL

Posting news is not repeating MSM talking points.

RonZeplin
10-13-2019, 08:41 AM
LOL

Posting news is not repeating MSM talking points.

What you post is D&R party shuck 'n jive spin, NOT news.:nauseated:

Ender
10-13-2019, 02:47 PM
What you post is D&R party shuck 'n jive spin, NOT news.:nauseated:

AMEN.

enhanced_deficit
10-13-2019, 08:42 PM
US bases were abandoned & troops will not be coming back.

So many negatiods

negatoids as in negatives? Or was a typo and meant magatoids.

Swordsmyth
10-13-2019, 08:45 PM
Defense Secretary goes on FOX says 1.000 troops being moved away from N Syria..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.axios.com/us-forces-withdrawal-syria-turkish-attack-052a464c-0535-4af1-b25a-704b213afd41.html

pcosmar
10-13-2019, 09:22 PM

None leaving..just giving the Turks room to rape and pillage.

Swordsmyth
10-13-2019, 09:25 PM
None leaving..just giving the Turks room to rape and pillage.

They will leave now that we are no longer protecting the scumbag Kurds from the scumbag Turks.

pcosmar
10-13-2019, 09:27 PM
They will leave now that we are no longer protecting the scumbag Kurds from the scumbag Turks.

No,, They are remaining in Syria.. the Agenda continues.. The Turks are now replacing ISIS.

vita3
10-14-2019, 01:24 AM
Negatoids.

vita3
10-14-2019, 08:31 AM
Ron Paul applauding Trump's decision:

http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2019/october/14/washington-is-wrong-once-again-kurds-join-assad-to-defend-syria/

pcosmar
10-14-2019, 05:40 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGyQsBhWkAMgLWr.jpg

Swordsmyth
10-14-2019, 05:51 PM

So you are calling for us to go to war with Turkey again?

For the Kurds?

Our Gallant Allies, the Kurds (and other fairy tales) (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?540138-Our-Gallant-Allies-the-Kurds-(and-other-fairy-tales))

Swordsmyth
10-14-2019, 05:57 PM

Video: Kurdish woman tries to blame U.S. and claim Turkey ‘killed her child’ — but the kid can be see blinking and turning his head (so he’s ALIVE) (https://thenationalsentinel.com/2019/10/14/video-kurdish-woman-tries-to-blame-u-s-and-claim-turkey-killed-her-child-but-the-kid-can-be-see-blinking-and-turning-his-head-so-hes-alive/)

Swordsmyth
10-14-2019, 06:03 PM
You do know that Assad is coming to their rescue after they have been forced to make the deal they should have made long ago, right?

pcosmar
10-14-2019, 08:29 PM
You do know that Assad is coming to their rescue after they have been forced to make the deal they should have made long ago, right?

They are making a deal with Assad.. A limited partnership to deal with mutual threats.

but the Kurds will not be subjugated.. by anyone. and that is what I like about them.

Same as the Afghans.. Respect for their resistance.

Swordsmyth
10-14-2019, 08:32 PM
They are making a deal with Assad.. A limited partnership to deal with mutual threats.

but the Kurds will not be subjugated.. by anyone. and that is what I like about them.

Same as the Afghans.. Respect for their resistance.

Then join them if you like but don't ask the rest of us pay to defend them or our soldier to die for them.

And they aren't exactly admirable either.

pcosmar
10-14-2019, 08:37 PM
Then join them if you like but don't ask the rest of us pay to defend them or our soldier to die for them.

And they aren't exactly admirable either.

I Respect them..

I also discount a lot of media induced crap.
We have used the Kurds as cannon fodder several times while meddling in their lands.

I find the dehumanizing disgusting..

The duplicity from Washington is expected.. as well as the disinformation.

We funding White Helmets again? expect more staged videos.

Swordsmyth
10-14-2019, 08:44 PM
I Respect them..

I also discount a lot of media induced crap.
We have used the Kurds as cannon fodder several times while meddling in their lands.

I find the dehumanizing disgusting..

The duplicity from Washington is expected.. as well as the disinformation.

We funding White Helmets again? expect more staged videos.

The media are the ones covering for them and pitching them as gallant victims instead of the craven predators they are.

We are leaving and this is just the beginning.

pcosmar
10-14-2019, 08:51 PM
The media are the ones covering for them and pitching them as gallant victims instead of the craven predators they are.

We are leaving and this is just the beginning.

DUDE
The US Milirary has beeen the largest threat in the area..

We created ISIS for the sole purpose of destabilization,, and recruited them throughout Europe (and the US)

They (Kurds) have been defending their homes against multiple US backed threats.

The US have been using some of them... not protecting them.

And now you want to Cheer on the most Brutal Islamic Military force (also US armed) invasion of a sovereign country.

You are one twisted bastard.

Swordsmyth
10-14-2019, 08:58 PM
DUDE
The US Milirary has beeen the largest threat in the area..

We created ISIS for the sole purpose of destabilization,, and recruited them throughout Europe (and the US)

They (Kurds) have been defending their homes against multiple US backed threats.

The US have been using some of them... not protecting them.

And now you want to Cheer on the most Brutal Islamic Military force (also US armed) invasion of a sovereign country.

You are one twisted bastard.
LOL

Your mind is warped.

I am not cheering on anyone or anything in the whole region, they are all bad with Syria possibly being one of the least bad.

The Kurds have been trying to conquer and subjugate territory that never belonged to them and they will work with anyone stupid enough to work with them including ISIS and all the other terrorists to do it.

We must just leave and let them all kill eachother until somebody wins.

You keep trying to imply that we should stay and protect the Kurds, that's just wrong.

pcosmar
10-14-2019, 08:59 PM
Bull$hit upon bull$hit

Troops coming home over several weeks now..

1000 troops.. Send 6 planes.. blow the gear in place.

otherwise it is Disinformation,, Those 6 planes should be back on US soil with all 1000. Yesterday.

They are not...
and I believe there are many more than 1000.

but that would be more disinformation..

pcosmar
10-14-2019, 09:04 PM
LOL

You keep trying to imply that we should stay and protect the Kurds, that's just wrong.

That is a PHUCKING LIE
You Phucking Liar.

You twist everythin in your toad twisted mind.

I have said repeatedly that we should never be there at all..
We should have never been using and deceiving the Kurds in the first place.

And the thread was FALSELY Titled..According to your Trump parroting.
NO Troops are home days later..

only relocated,, Disinformation.

Swordsmyth
10-14-2019, 09:08 PM
That is a PHUCKING LIE
You Phucking Liar.

You twist everythin in your toad twisted mind.

I have said repeatedly that we should never be there at all..
We should have never been using and deceiving the Kurds in the first place.

And the thread was FALSELY Titled.. NO Troops are home days later..

only relocated,, Disinformation.
You keep posting things like that cartoon to promote the victim status of the Kurds and the idea that Trump "abandoning" them is bad instead of being a reduction in intervention that lets Assad cut a deal with them as should have been the case without or interference.

You still haven't answered my question about why you posted Erdogan's tweet because the answer was obvious.

pcosmar
10-14-2019, 09:10 PM
You keep posting things like that cartoon to promote the victim status of the Kurds and the idea that Trump "abandoning" them is bad instead of being a reduction in intervention that let's Assad cut a deal with them as should have been the case without or interference.

You still haven't answered my question about why you posted Erdogan's tweet because the answer was obvious.

It was more to Show Errogant as the Head chopping Terrorist he is.

Swordsmyth
10-15-2019, 12:27 AM
Trump said the approximately 1,000 U.S. troops who had been partnering with local Kurdish fighters to battle IS in northern Syria are leaving the country. They will remain in the Middle East, he said, to "monitor the situation" and to prevent a revival of IS — a goal that even Trump's allies say has become much harder as a result of the U.S. pullout.

American troops consolidated their positions in northern Syria on Monday and prepared to evacuate equipment in advance of a full withdrawal, (https://www.apnews.com/adb86acaaa664d28b3bd1ad8d7e851f0) a U.S. defense official said.
The official, who was not authorized to be quoted by name, said U.S. officials were weighing options for a potential future counter-IS campaign, including the possibility of waging it with a combination of air power and special operations forces based outside Syria, perhaps in Iraq.
The hurried preparations for a U.S. exit were triggered by Trump's decision Saturday to expand a limited troop pullout into a complete withdrawal.

The only exception to the U.S. withdrawal from Syria is a group of perhaps 200 troops who will remain at a base called Tanf in southern Syria near the Jordanian border along the strategically important Baghdad-to-Damascus highway. Those troops work with Syrian opposition forces unrelated to the Kurdish-led fighters in northern Syria.
Esper said the U.S. withdrawal would be done carefully to protect the troops and to ensure no U.S. equipment was left behind. He declined to say how long that might take.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/us-pulling-no...043158088.html (https://news.yahoo.com/us-pulling-northern-syria-full-043158088.html)

TheCount
10-15-2019, 08:18 AM
"For realsies," Trump added, "No take backs." He then pinkie swore with the Fox News press pool reporter to seal the deal.

Todd
10-15-2019, 08:23 AM
It's coming.

https://media.giphy.com/media/4D2WZAMulusF2/giphy.gif

devil21
10-15-2019, 09:23 AM
It kinda looks to me like the US military is being used to complete China's (BRICS, really) Belt and Road...