PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul ad on front cover of Cannabis Culture magazine

DrNoZone
12-14-2007, 03:46 PM
I just heard Marc Emery announce on the Steve Kubby Show (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/stevekubbyshow) that there will be a 2 1/2" X 4 1/2" ad on the FRONT COVER of the January issue of Cannabis Culture (http://www.cannabisculture.com) that reads: "he will end the War On Drugs, allow medical marijuana, legalize industrial hemp, end the DEA" etc.

It will also include a pull-out poster inside the issue (11X17) that says "Ron Paul, Champion of the Constitution 2008".

SWEEET! CC is a MUCH better magazine than High Times (though I'm happy we're advertising in High Times too).

fortilite
12-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Awesome! Cannabis Culture rocks!!!!

wealeat
12-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Marc Emery is on Ron Paul Forums.

DrNoZone
12-14-2007, 03:48 PM

Yup, he sure is. He also mentioned the forums' ad in High Times on the show.

brumans
12-14-2007, 03:49 PM
Cool. When is the January issue in stores? There is a retailer close by.. I'll stop by to get one once it's released.

Joey Wahoo
Why is this good for us?

I wish we would take a big picture view of things.

DrNoZone
Cool. When is the January issue in stores? There is a retailer close by.. I'll stop by to get one once it's released.

Not sure, check the website I linked above.

kylejack

And so is his hot wife. :eek:

brianbb98
too bad i dont smoke pot... lol

fortilite
12-14-2007, 03:50 PM
His wife is also on RonPaulForums.

DrNoZone
12-14-2007, 03:50 PM
Why is this good for us?

Umm, because there are MILLIONS of cannabis smokers in the USA? And because CC is a MAJOR cannabis culture magazine? If you don't like it, then move on; we don't need your negativity here on the forums.

Ridiculous
12-14-2007, 03:51 PM
Why is this good for us?

I'm with you on this one, for every pot head voter we get if they don't forget to go to the polls, how many gray haired old republicans will we loose when they here is is on the cover of a stoner magazine.

We are trying to get the Republican nomination here... I support your right to get high, but you have to look at the big picture.

Joey Wahoo
12-14-2007, 03:53 PM
Umm, because there are MILLIONS of cannabis smokers in the USA? And because CC is a MAJOR cannabis culture magazine? If you don't like it, then move on; we don't need your negativity here on the forums.

Gotcha. That endorsement from Cannibus Culture will likely propel us right to the GOP nomination.

Good thinking.

DrNoZone
I'm with you on this one, for every pot head voter we get if they don't forget to go to the polls, how many gray haired old republicans will we loose when they here is is on the cover of a stoner magazine.

That's asinine. Marc emery is a HUGE pothead, and he's probably done more for Ron Paul's campaign than you ever have (he's been doing thing to support him for a year and he runs a major magazine). You're insulting LOTS of Ron Paul supporters with your ridiculous slur.

dsentell

. . . How many gray haired old republicans do you think will even have a clue that RP was on the cover of a "stoner magazine"?

DrNoZone
12-14-2007, 03:54 PM
Gotcha. That endorsement from Cannibus Culture will likely propel us right to the GOP nomination.

Good thinking.

You know, ALL support is good support. Freedom is truly popular. Popular enough that your negative nanny crap won't stop the movement.

kylejack
12-14-2007, 03:55 PM
Why are gray haired old Republicans reading magazines that promote things they don't agree with?

Ridiculous
12-14-2007, 03:56 PM
. . . How many gray haired old republicans do you think will even have a clue that RP was on the cover of a "stoner magazine"?

When the other media outlets and talk show hosts tell them that he was....

ZenX
12-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Please don't stereotype...As a post-graduate educated person, I've met doctors, lawyers, and teachers both gray-haired and not that smoke marijuana. My own physician wishes they'd legalize it, even if just for medicine, as he hated me having to take oxycontin for pain. I finally kicked that 'hilbilly heroin' once and for all. And do you realize the benefits of industrial hemp? It's hardly 'pot-heads' that support these publications.

BIG_J
12-14-2007, 03:57 PM
I don't even think my grandma would know what High Times is; nor would she care.

And I am not even remotely close to being part of "CC" whatsoever.

jgmaynard
12-14-2007, 04:00 PM
Sweet! Very nice - this will bring a lot of new energy and voters into the fold right before the first caucuses (cauci? ;) ) and primaries.

Some people might remember the the Showtime miniseries "American Candidate" in 2004. They filmed the first episode in Keene, NH. We got a bunch of Badnarik supporters there to have a rally and when we got in with our ton of signs (one 15'x3'), there was a huge Marijuana Policy Project rally happening, and they had nice matching shirts.
We joined our two groups, they helped hold Badnarik signs, we put on their shirts, instantly doubled the size of both groups. :) Result? We DRAWFED the Bush supporters and would have beat Kerry except for the truckloads of cars with Massachusetts plates that they swarmed out of right before the show...

JM

kylejack
12-14-2007, 04:02 PM
When the other media outlets and talk show hosts tell them that he was....
Yeah, you don't have a lot of confidence in your fellow man. During the November 5th run-up, you were very negative, worried that Ron Paul would have his chances ruined because you thought all the voters and the media were going to be dumb and think Ron Paul supports violence when he doesn't. It was a resounding success and poll growth has been explosive, not to mention some hints that we're finally being taken serious by the media.

So feel free to keep thinking your fellow man is an idiot and that someone is going to stop supporting or refuse to support a candidate based on whether or not they appeared on some cover, but most of the rest of us take a different view, a more optimistic perspective on individuals and I suspect very few will listen to this type of argument.

AtomiC
12-14-2007, 04:03 PM
Wow Marc Emery is the MAN!!!

This will hopefully turn a lot of stoners over to the cause.

DrNoZone
12-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Wow Marc Emery is the MAN!!!

This will hopefully turn a lot of stoners over to the cause.

Marc Emery is a hero by any measure of the word, and only in small part because of his fervent Ron Paul support.

conner_condor
12-14-2007, 04:05 PM
They should have a pic of RP and have it say, This Bud For You.

Bacon
12-14-2007, 04:18 PM
This is awesome!! so that now makes 4 HUGE national magazines that Ron Paul will be in..

PatriotOne
12-14-2007, 04:19 PM

We are trying to get the Republican nomination here... I support your right to get high, but you have to look at the big picture.

Just doing a little math in my head. Pot made the scene in a major way in the 60's. If a person was 16 years old in 1967, that would make them now 56 years old. The older people ARE the potheads of yesteryear :) My mom smoked pot regularly until she died. She would be in her 70's today and STILL smoking it. My dad smoked pot for pain when he was in his 60's and 70's. I don't think it's as big an issue today with most age groups as some make it out to be.

DrNoZone
12-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Just doing a little math in my head. Pot made the scene in a major way in the 60's. If a person was 16 years old in 1967, that would make them now 56 years old. The older people ARE the potheads of yesteryear :) My mom smoked pot regularly until she died. She would be in her 70's today and STILL smoking it. My dad smoked pot for pain when he was in his 60's and 70's. I don't think it's as big an issue today with most age groups as some make it out to be.

Good analysis. Marc Emery himself is probably 45 or so (sorry Marc if I got that wrong!). Richard Cowan (former NORML president) is over 60 I think, NORML president Keith Stroup is about as old, and Steve Kubby is probably 45. Those are just a few. So yeah, it's not just a younger thing for sure.

Ridiculous
12-14-2007, 04:22 PM
Yeah, you don't have a lot of confidence in your fellow man. During the November 5th run-up, you were very negative, worried that Ron Paul would have his chances ruined because you thought all the voters and the media were going to be dumb and think Ron Paul supports violence when he doesn't. It was a resounding success and poll growth has been explosive, not to mention some hints that we're finally being taken serious by the media.

So feel free to keep thinking your fellow man is an idiot and that someone is going to stop supporting or refuse to support a candidate based on whether or not they appeared on some cover, but most of the rest of us take a different view, a more optimistic perspective on individuals and I suspect very few will listen to this type of argument.

I've told you I wasn't negative about the 5th nor did I ever tell anyone not to donate. I was negative about the V/Guy Fawkes association.

I didn't think that they'd think that Ron Paul condoned violence, but that his supporters are nut jobs. And well, many people do think that.

And I was right about what the media would do with it. Do Google News search for"Ron Paul" and "V for Vendetta" or "Ron Paul" and "Guy Fawkes" and see how many stories are negative, or at least mention the association in a negative context.

You have to Remember that Reagan started the war on drugs. Most republicans are still in that anti drug mindset. I'd rather have them hear Ron Paul's explanation on why the war on drugs is bad, then just hear some where that he is on the cover of a stoner magazine without any real explanation of WHY he is against the war on drugs.

kylejack
12-14-2007, 04:24 PM
Okay, well like November 5th, its about to happen even if it makes you :mad:really mad:mad:.

Ridiculous
12-14-2007, 04:25 PM
Good analysis. Marc Emery himself is probably 45 or so (sorry Marc if I got that wrong!). Richard Cowan (former NORML president) is over 60 I think, NORML president Keith Stroup is about as old, and Steve Kubby is probably 45. Those are just a few. So yeah, it's not just a younger thing for sure.

The people that run MTV aren't in their teens and 20's but their target market is.

The people who Run High times and Cannabis Culture aren't college kids but that is the majority of the people who buy the mag.

krott5333
12-14-2007, 04:26 PM
Why is this good for us?

because were spreading the message of Ron Paul.

DrNoZone
12-14-2007, 04:26 PM
You have to Remember that Reagan started the war on drugs. Most republicans are still in that anti drug mindset. I'd rather have them hear Ron Paul's explanation on why the war on drugs is bad, then just hear some where that he is on the cover of a stoner magazine without any real explanation of WHY he is against the war on drugs.

Uhh, get your facts straight; Nixon started the modern War On (Some) Drugs, not Reagan. Reagan and his wife (mostly her, actually) just amped it up to insane heights.

krott5333
12-14-2007, 04:27 PM

Good thinking.

it increases support by reaching out to an untapped demographic.

relax bro

Ridiculous
12-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Uhh, get your facts straight; Nixon started the modern War On (Some) Drugs, not Reagan. Reagan and his wife (mostly her, actually) just amped it up to insane heights.

That taking it to insane heights is what I was talking about. The Reagan admin gave the war on drugs the most attention. That fact doesn't really change my point. They were both republicans....

DrNoZone
12-14-2007, 04:33 PM
That taking it to insane heights is what I was talking about. The Reagan admin gave the war on drugs the most attention. That fact doesn't really change my point. They were both republicans....

Yep, and they were both dead wrong about the drug war.

yongrel
12-14-2007, 04:33 PM
groovy

Joey Wahoo
12-14-2007, 04:39 PM
it increases support by reaching out to an untapped demographic.

relax bro

Sorry. No offense intended.

But I do think we need to keep our eye on the ball. Right now we're trying to win the Republican nomination, and I don't think being on the cover of Cannibus Culture helps. In fact, it can potentially do a lot of damage, when the media starts having fun with it. I felt the same way when I heard that racist and nazi groups were endorsing Ron Paul (NOTE: I'm not equating pot smokers and nazis--just noting the obvious fact that both are lightning rods for mainstream criticism).

But I know we're all seeking the same goal here, so sorry if I rubbed anybody the wrong way.

peace.

Ridiculous
12-14-2007, 04:40 PM
Yep, and they were both dead wrong about the drug war.

Right. But Republicans are still in that anti drug mindset. They need to hear a reasoned explanation on why the drug war is bad.

If they haven't heard much about Paul and they hear some talk show host say "Guess which republican is getting the endorsement of a stoner magazine? It's Ron Paul" It will most likely put them off. You have to remember that most conservatives in America are anti drug.

FYI, I am all for the legalization of drugs myself.

Ridiculous
12-14-2007, 04:41 PM

But I do think we need to keep our eye on the ball. Right now we're trying to win the Republican nomination, and I don't think being on the cover of Cannibus Culture helps. In fact, it can potentially do a lot of damage, when the media starts having fun with it. I felt the same way when I heard that racist and nazi groups were endorsing Ron Paul (NOTE: I'm not equating pot smokers and nazis--just noting the obvious fact that both are lightning rods for mainstream criticism).

But I know we're all seeking the same goal here, so sorry if I rubbed anybody the wrong way.

peace.

+1

DrNoZone
12-14-2007, 04:41 PM

peace.

How could it hurt? Who CARES about negative MSM coverage? Ron Paul himself has ZERO skeletons in his closet.

Here's how it WILL help though: new people coming into the r3evolution, registering Republican, then voting for Paul in the primaries!

literatim
12-14-2007, 04:42 PM
Why are gray haired old Republicans reading magazines that promote things they don't agree with?

The mainstream media will get a hold of this and they will have fun with it.

RonPaulStreetTeam
12-14-2007, 04:42 PM
someone say Canabis?

Ridiculous
12-14-2007, 04:46 PM
You have to care about negative press coverage when you are running a political campaign. Negative press coverage is going to sink Huckabee.

I hate the MSM as much as the next person on here, but we shouldn't give them any ammunition.

Ridiculous
12-14-2007, 04:47 PM

Exactly.....

NewEnd
12-14-2007, 04:48 PM

there are at least 500 times mre pot smokers or former pot smokers, then there are neo-nazis.

Also, This Ron Paul revolution is all about putting all the issues on the table. Some people think homeschooling is stupid, would you ask we not talk about homeschooling?

or the NAU/ trans texas corridor?

or the gold standard?

or internet gambling?

this is all about bringing together all the small single issues that have disaffected most of America... single issues that shouldn't even be an issue if the constitution were adhered to.

Ridiculous
12-14-2007, 04:48 PM
Who CARES about negative MSM coverage?

I do and you should to if you want RP to win. The MSM has a lot of influence like it or not.

I'm not saying live in fear of them, but do you know how many times the MSM has sunk a candidate?

Drknows
12-14-2007, 04:50 PM
Hey this wont hurt us!! Everything they try to do to Ron Paul backfires on them. So now they just ignore him.

Any coverage is good coverage. Bill Clinton didn't inhale and that won him a election.

Vendico
12-14-2007, 04:52 PM
http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/5101.html

They really like Ron. I bet they'd do our ad for free.

I'd say this is an endorsement.

AtomiC
12-14-2007, 04:52 PM
Don't you guys realize that most people support ending the drug war?

Ridiculous
12-14-2007, 04:54 PM
Don't you guys realize that most people support ending the drug war?

Most Democrats do.... Not most conservative Republicans....

RonPaulStreetTeam
12-14-2007, 04:55 PM
You have to care about negative press coverage when you are running a political campaign. Negative press coverage is going to sink Huckabee.

I hate the MSM as much as the next person on here, but we shouldn't give them any ammunition.

Do not listen tot his guy.
He has told me multiple things I know to be wrong sided.

but yes this would be great!
fuck the MSM do NOT let them scare us.
9/11 was an inside job and we SHOULD advertise to this target market.

You would be amazed at how many of them I have converted single handedly.
THEY LISTEN and WANT TO KNOW!

And we all know bad press is better then no press!
I dont think ANYONE in their RIGHT MIND would STOP supporting Ron Paul because of an ad.
fools and tools need not reply.

RonPaulStreetTeam
12-14-2007, 04:58 PM

Good, we need democrats and FAST

running out of time QUICK.

Republicans know about Ron Paul, they have seen the debates.
as a democrat why would you ever watch a Republican debate and learn about Ron paul?

I wold have never.

we gotta break them in and let them see then they will be on board and switch party.

Like me and all of my friends and eveyrone else out here in the Bay Area.
we are the population.
Blue states need to be informed.
http://krypton.mnsu.edu/~millep1/redblue2004election.gif
http://www.wickedsunshine.com/WagePeace/Election2004/Images/UnitedStateOfTexas.gif

Ron Paul has the red, they know about him. They watch (R) Debates and follow.
Why not get the blue too? why exclude based on your beliefs or "information"

Chase
12-14-2007, 04:58 PM

Funny, you'd think the nanny statists would be the ones who believe in making decisions for everyone else. :eek:

I've been on the fence about how I feel about these ads, but it's not a "secret" that Ron Paul is against the federal drug war. Anyone wanting to seriously sling mud is going to have no problem doing so, ads or not. And I have a sneaking suspicion that slinging mud by saying "he doesn't believe Marijuana should be illegal" might actually cause more blowback than harm.

I don't think any demographic of people within the rEVOLution should have to hide their faces. I hope people don't take it upon themselves to fight publically about these issues, but as long as no one is putting words in Ron's mouth I see no problem with running ads to bring in new demographics.

Ridiculous
12-14-2007, 04:59 PM
Do not listen tot his guy.
He has told me multiple things I know to be wrong sided.

but yes this would be great!
fuck the MSM do NOT let them scare us.
9/11 was an inside job and we SHOULD advertise to this target market.

You would be amazed at how many of them I have converted single handedly.
THEY LISTEN and WANT TO KNOW!

And we all know bad press is better then no press!
I dont think ANYONE in their RIGHT MIND would STOP supporting Ron Paul because of an ad.
fools and tools need not reply.

It isn't that I think people will stop supporting him. The press will have fun with this endorsement and I am concerned with winning over new voters.

Most Truthers think that Ron Paul is secretly a truther but doesn't out himself because he knows he would for sure loose the election. But if you go by that logic, you admit that Ron thinks that admiting that he's a truther would be bad for the campaign. Therefore , you should keep the truther movement separate from the campaign.

Chase
12-14-2007, 05:01 PM
It isn't that I think people will stop supporting him. The press will have fun with this endorsement and I am concerned with winning over new voters.

Unfortunately, the continuing media blackout means we're still in that stage where any press is good press.

If RP is going to get the nomination, we need to get the message out as many other ways as we can, and fast! If the MSM helps spread the word that Ron Paul is against the drug war, perhaps that will help get the message out to that electorate even faster.

Now we just gotta make sure those guys actually get off the couch and vote :D

RonPaulStreetTeam
12-14-2007, 05:07 PM

Most Truthers think that Ron Paul is secretly a truther but doesn't out himself because he knows he would for sure loose the election. But if you go by that logic, you admit that Ron thinks that admiting that he's a truther would be bad for the campaign. Therefore if you are a truther and think this, you should keep the truther movement separate from the campaign.

we're talking about marijuana right now.
and the press can do whatever they want.
people know they atatck Ron Paul.

However High Times and Canabis readers do NOT know and NEED to be targeted.
They wont see a damn blimp or read the USA today.
Trust me when I say they are a STRONG army to have behind you.

Anyone and everyone I know out here that supports Ron paul smokes weed.
But hundreds of thousands don't know about him!
So when you say you are "worried about getting new voters" because of "FOX"
What the hell do you think this ad is meant to do? GET NEW VOTERS!!!!
Ones that will cling strong and fight for this shit. People that have never registered cause they know the system is screwed.

I was just saying I do not stay silent about 9/11 or marijuana like the MSM wants us to.

This ad should be ran!
*note* I have not looked at the specific ad design, but do know this target market NEEDS to be hit HARD.

DrNoZone
12-14-2007, 05:09 PM
we're talking about marijuana right now.

I was just saying I do not stay silent about 9/11 or marijuana like the MSM wants us to.

This ad should be ran!
*note* I have not looked at the specific ad design, but do know this target market NEEDS to be hit HARD.

It's not about the ad being run, it's ALREADY a confirmed thing. The publisher of CC, Marc Emery, is the one who put it there.

RonPaulStreetTeam
12-14-2007, 05:12 PM
It's not about the ad being run, it's ALREADY a confirmed thing. The publisher of CC, Marc Emery, is the one who put it there.

oh awesome.

Dunno why these disinfoers are in here trying to stop it and say it's bad then.

PatriotOne
12-14-2007, 05:13 PM
Let the Lamestream media try to ridicule it. Like I said, there's a hell of alot more pot smokers who will applaud this than there are extremist church ladies who won't. Like I said, the elderly are now the potheads of yesteryear :D.

RonPaulStreetTeam
12-14-2007, 05:13 PM
Hella awesome even!!!

thank you guys

PRIEST
12-14-2007, 05:14 PM
This is incredible news. Thank you Mr. Emery!

RonPaulStreetTeam
12-14-2007, 05:14 PM
I honestly think that all this money thrown away on blimps and USA today could have been used so damn strategically to target groups like this, home schoolers, natural herb supplement type people, gun owners, etc etc etc

people that need to know.

pcosmar
12-14-2007, 05:21 PM
I've told you I wasn't negative about the 5th nor did I ever tell anyone not to donate. I was negative about the V/Guy Fawkes association.

I didn't think that they'd think that Ron Paul condoned violence, but that his supporters are nut jobs. And well, many people do think that.

And I was right about what the media would do with it. Do Google News search for"Ron Paul" and "V for Vendetta" or "Ron Paul" and "Guy Fawkes" and see how many stories are negative, or at least mention the association in a negative context.

It is a very good thing that those people are in the MINORITY.
There are a lot of folks, professionals and business owners that use or would use if they could.
Many of them are my age or older. I am 50.
I want Hemp legalized as a crop, as a farmer.

RedLightning
12-14-2007, 05:24 PM
I think its funny they have a magazine for something illegal(though it should be legal) but the article is
good for us.

ClayTrainor
12-14-2007, 05:27 PM
This has been the best week EVER!!! it's hard to imagine next week will be way better :D

Thurston Howell III
12-14-2007, 05:27 PM

I AM one of those grey haired old republicans and I think it's high time (pun intended) we stop making pot smokers out as some kind of problem. It's rediculous that pot is illegal while booze and nicotine are legal. If someone wants to attack a substance abuse problem they should look first into prescription drug abuse. Everybody's got their own "feel good pill", let the tokers have theirs too.

As for the grey haired old republicans the OP was referring to, I say we're gonna kick the neo-cons out of the Republican Party anyway. S'long!

This reminds me of one of my favortite quotes:
"It's my observation that most of what people vociferously complain about are not things they are forced to do, but things that other people choose to do." -- Charley Reese

DaddyO
12-14-2007, 05:39 PM
The funny thing is if the MSM tries to use the add against Paul it will just backfire. Even in Iowa there are a lot of farmers that are chomping at the bit to raise industrial hemp they see a huge market.

Energy
12-14-2007, 06:29 PM
At the very least, it'll open the dialogue for growing industrial hemp (clothing, food, fuel, etc), which makes zero sense to outlaw.

rfbz
12-14-2007, 06:42 PM

I'm sorry, but so what? Ron Paul's position is that the war on drugs is counterproductive and that marijuana should be available legally. This is not inconsistent with his broader philosophy of freedom and personal responsibility. Yes, the standard procedure is to laugh at anyone who wants legalize drugs, but as we all know this is a very different type of campaign and defies everything we thought about the way you're supposed to do things. Ron Paul's message and positions resonate with many many different niche groups, and marijuana users happens to be one of them. This is target marketing, and I feel for now is the best strategy for promoting Ron Paul.

idiom
12-14-2007, 06:43 PM
We need a video outlining the War on Drug stats...

We need to get the message out that the war on drugs is racist, and by proxy any candidate who supports it is supporting it because they are racist also.

FreeTraveler
12-14-2007, 06:48 PM

+1

Get some perspective here, folks. Look at Huckablimp's record, and see how little it's changing people's minds. Not many older folks will even hear this, and most who support Ron Paul will say "ah, that's consistent with his ideals".

kushaze
12-14-2007, 06:51 PM
Marc Emery is a hero of the freedom movement. Freedom shouldn't have limits.

JoeySweets
12-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Pot is illegal,

idiots

Vendico
12-14-2007, 06:54 PM
Pot is illegal,

idiots

I think we all know who an idiot is now... troll

Ridiculous
12-14-2007, 06:55 PM
I'm sorry, but so what? Ron Paul's position is that the war on drugs is counterproductive and that marijuana should be available legally. This is not inconsistent with his broader philosophy of freedom and personal responsibility. Yes, the standard procedure is to laugh at anyone who wants legalize drugs, but as we all know this is a very different type of campaign and defies everything we thought about the way you're supposed to do things. Ron Paul's message and positions resonate with many many different niche groups, and marijuana users happens to be one of them. This is target marketing, and I feel for now is the best strategy for promoting Ron Paul.

They aren't going to have fun with the fact that he wants to end the war on drugs, most pundits already know that. They are going to make fun of the fact that he is on the cover of a stoner mag and that they are endorsing him. They will have fun with it in the same way as the whore house endorsement.

kushaze
12-14-2007, 06:56 PM
Pot is illegal,

idiots

Whats with the name calling. The drug war has touched almost every family in America. The drug war hurts a lot of families and is counterproductive.

DrNoZone
12-14-2007, 07:20 PM
Pot is illegal,

idiots

Yeah, so? So is jaywalking.

ThePieSwindler
12-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Pot is illegal,

idiots

WELL THEN I GUESS IM BREAKIN THE LAW RIGHT NOW MOTHERFUCKER!

What are you, a legal positivist or something? You know, alcohol used to be illegal. Slavery used to be legal, more legal than marijuana! That must obviously mean it was ok to own slaves, yet it is of course horrible to smoke marijuana. Just because its the law, doesnt make the law right. laws do not create morality. Read No Treason by spooner and On Civil Disobedience by Thoreau. It will enlighten you.

Luther
12-14-2007, 07:27 PM

There isn't anything negative about marijuana.

Claytanic
12-14-2007, 07:35 PM
This doesn't weigh in on either side of the argument as to whether the campaign should conceal or limit exposure to certain perceived undesirable elements of the liberty mindset or completely market openly to groups that would benefit therefrom, however, it is relevant nonetheless.

http://adrugwarcarol.org/

An excellent tract-style missive in opposition to the drug war that I first encountered a few years ago. It'd be very interesting to print and distribute.

tamor
12-14-2007, 10:10 PM
It isn't an issue so much about legal and illegal. It is about the federal government NOT controllling the laws concerning drugs of all kinds. It should be left up to the states, just like Ron Paul says. Marijuana is not like hard drugs. Research the history and the effects on the body and you will see. It is like comparing "apples to oranges"

Menthol Patch
12-14-2007, 10:15 PM
This is fantastic news! We will reach a TON of people!

Malakai0
12-14-2007, 10:18 PM

Wooooow stereotype much?

Some of the most active donors and campaigners for RP smoke..

It was through a thread about MJ on another forum that I learned about Dr Paul in the first place.

They WILL go out and vote. Being able to grow your own legally is like nirvana for low income smokers.

We, the RP grassroots, are supposed to practice what we preach and see people as free thinking individuals, not members of stereotypical hollywood cliche groups.

Menthol Patch
12-14-2007, 10:19 PM
I support the legalization of ALL drugs because the government has no right to tell you what to put into your own body.

However, the fact there is even a debate about the legalization of marijuana is insane. It is MUCH safer than alcohol. If marijuana is to be illegal then everyone who drinks beer should be locked up.

It ticks me off when I have seen cops coming out of bars drunk when they will be busting people for marijuana the next day.

Jerome
12-14-2007, 10:20 PM
This is fantastic news, I have no idea why people think it's not. RP unabashadly wants to legalize medicinal marijuana, he says it all the time. He frequently talks about how the war on drugs brings about far more violent crime than if the substances were legalized. RP isn't afraid to take this stance, we shouldn't be either.

DrNoZone
12-14-2007, 10:21 PM
This is fantastic news, I have no idea why people think it's not. RP unabashadly wants to legalize medicinal marijuana, he says it all the time. He frequently talks about how the war on drugs brings about far more violent crime than if the substances were legalized. RP isn't afraid to take this stance, we shouldn't be either.

+10

robert4rp08
12-14-2007, 10:44 PM
them dudes owe me some signed posters!

Duckman
12-14-2007, 10:56 PM
I smoke cannabis. I have a 6 figure job at a Fortune 500 company in which I consistently get good reviews. The stereotypes are wrong. The drug war is simply repackaged prohibition, sold using scare tactics for years. I grew up thinking that way, and I totally understand the mainstream Republican thinking on this.

Just like with the repeal of alcohol prohibition, it is necessary for people to have a rational debate on the topic with people unlikely to be swayed because of religious or moral convictions. Alot of the ills associated with drug use in our society are a result of laws against their use, and not by the use of the drugs themselves. Shattered and ruined lives, ruined by our courts, that need not have been. How many families destroyed? Don't conservatives care about families?

I found libertarian philosophy because of my strong desire to see cannabis legalized. I applaud the efforts of Marc Emory and I am glad to have had a chance to have a conversation with him on these forums.

firebirdnation
12-14-2007, 11:00 PM
I smoke cannabis. I have a 6 figure job at a Fortune 500 company in which I consistently get good reviews. The stereotypes are wrong. The drug war is simply repackaged prohibition, sold using scare tactics for years. I grew up thinking that way, and I totally understand the mainstream Republican thinking on this.

Just like with the repeal of alcohol prohibition, it is necessary for people to have a rational debate on the topic with people unlikely to be swayed because of religious or moral convictions. Alot of the ills associated with drug use in our society are a result of laws against their use, and not by the use of the drugs themselves. Shattered and ruined lives, ruined by our courts, that need not have been. How many families destroyed? Don't conservatives care about families?

I found libertarian philosophy because of my strong desire to see cannabis legalized. I applaud the efforts of Marc Emory and I am glad to have had a chance to have a conversation with him on these forums.

I agree, prohibition doesn't work and I would like to see all drugs legalized and regulated at the state level.

jake
12-14-2007, 11:06 PM
TEA PARTY, BLIMP, MAGAZINE ADS.. Ron Paul's campaign is about to eXXplode!

fogger
12-14-2007, 11:20 PM
The big picture is NOT political posturing. The big picture is standing up for the rights of others even if you disagree with them.

Don't worry about the sheep, they aren't voting in the primaries. We'll have months to educate them. Ron Paul will take the election by the largest landslide of any President in history. Bet on it.

Ball
12-14-2007, 11:49 PM
Ugh.

Dude, there are a ton of old stoners who aren't on the 'net and haven't even heard of Ron Paul. I know this because I educated one FIRST HAND and he registered REPUBLICAN just to VOTE FOR HIM!

Joey, just because a particular demographic isn't YOUR KIND OF PEOPLE doesn't mean squat. These people WILL vote in the f-ing PRIMARY so stop trying to divide us with your SMALL-MINDED STEREOTYPES!

(and that's just 10% of the weight off my chest)

RonPaulStreetTeam
12-15-2007, 12:42 AM
High guys!

http://a70.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/61/l_077bd943995823400f18ea7a5d3bb245.jpg

granato
12-15-2007, 01:01 AM
Seriously you want the idealistic stoners on your side. We, er, they're only lazy about a lot of things because those particular things don't make it through the marijuana bullshit test. This will. Besides, that laziness thing is a tragic misrepresentation of millions of people (akin to the demon rum being the cause of all broken homes during prohibition).

acstichter
12-15-2007, 01:11 AM
Joey Wahoo, Ron Paul is already vulnerable to attack on the drug issue. He's been advocating legalizing for decades. If the opponents want to attack him on this issue, they already have the chance. This ad won't change that.

Winning the primary is all about turnout. If we can get a whole lot of new voters from the drug crowd, it helps alot.

Great news about the ad!

NewEnd
12-15-2007, 01:14 AM
I was talkingto my roommates boyfriend today, he said he liked Obama.

I said: Obama is ok....

he said: "I like him, because he said, 'there are things that are going to come out during this campaign, and yes, I did smoke weed' "

I said: How about a candidate that would legalize weed

he said: Who?

I said....

heh heh, another convert.

dannyc
12-15-2007, 01:17 AM
Does this type of publicity project a positive view of him to the general population? I mean, I don't reject to repealing drug legislation, but in terms of a presidential run, and the fact that a significant portion of America voters are hardcore Christians, I would assume that this would not be considered good press.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

My Website (http://noaxx.blogspot.com/)

NewEnd
12-15-2007, 01:18 AM
Does this type of publicity project a positive view of him to the general population? I mean, I don't reject to repealing drug legislation, but in terms of presidential candicacy and the fact the a significant portion of America voters are hardcore Christians, I would assume that this would not be considered good press.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Homepage (http://noaxx.blogspot.com/)

too late. Ron Paul has been a strong advocate for legalization. He has a long history of it, including videos of him arguing in 1988 with Robert Downey Jr.

We can either try to shrink away from our enemies, or we can use it to our advantage.

CanadiansLoveRonPaul
12-15-2007, 01:19 AM
Marc Emery is a hero by any measure of the word, and only in small part because of his fervent Ron Paul support.

Marc Emery once threatened to turn over PERSONAL INFORMATION of his customers to the authorities because they were complaining about the quality of his goods.

"First of all, we are not losing customers at all. We have never had so much interest in the seeds we sell. Any problems experienced can be dealt with if the complainants stay polite, but once they become abusive or begin posting heated, crazed rhetoric, then we terminate any interest in dealing with that person.

I find this abusive behaviour unfathomable considering we have their address and pertinent details of what they are doing but somehow feel they can abuse us and provoke us. I wouldn't be doing that to anyone I had sent written proof to that I was growing marijuana/requesting marijuana seeds.

Fortunately, we have never had to resort to dealing severly with miscreants who don't understand their self-incrimination"

Roxi
12-15-2007, 01:22 AM
my grandma is 72 and has chronic pain every day, plus depression, she takes pills she hates taking and has said many times she wishes they would legalize so she could take it

Man from La Mancha
12-15-2007, 01:23 AM
I had some young guys in a car give me the finger when signing for Paul and all I said to them that Ron wanted to legalize pot, then they all gave me the thumbs up. LOL

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1539/blackwsmalldv3.gif (teaparty07.com)ronpaulblimp.com...donate both

Revolution9
12-15-2007, 01:23 AM
That's asinine. Marc emery is a HUGE pothead, and he's probably done more for Ron Paul's campaign than you ever have (he's been doing thing to support him for a year and he runs a major magazine). You're insulting LOTS of Ron Paul supporters with your ridiculous slur.

He is a half baked red state looney bird. I pay attention to him only to smack a little common sense into him here and there.. Don;t seem to do much good but it's fun. Seems he thinks the republican party is a bunch of anal retentive old codgers with walkers ready to keel over at the slightest infraction of their social strictures.

HTH
Randy

vinwal
12-15-2007, 01:24 AM
Submitted to Digg: :cool: http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/This_is_Your_Next_President_On_Drugs

Revolution9
12-15-2007, 01:25 AM

hahaha!

smack spackle!

Randy

Revolution9
12-15-2007, 01:33 AM

I am 50. I smoke pot every day. I code actionscript and kick ass. I can write 5000 line custom classes whilst under "the influence". As a matter of fact..I don't much feel like doing it until I get a coffee and then a puff and then i am off to the races. I smoked pot and provided it to my crews on every major project install or fabrication I have been involved in. These websites and music were all created under the influence.
http://randyblain.orgfree.com
http://cosmicvaudeville.ueuo.com
I have smoked with both my parents and my nanna, have never hidden it from my children and the local law enforcement knows nearly everyone in the neighborhood smokes so they do not even bother enforcing the outdated laws.

Best
Randy

Revolution9
12-15-2007, 01:39 AM
Right. But Republicans are still in that anti drug mindset. They need to hear a reasoned explanation on why the drug war is bad.

If they haven't heard much about Paul and they hear some talk show host say "Guess which republican is getting the endorsement of a stoner magazine? It's Ron Paul" It will most likely put them off. You have to remember that most conservatives in America are anti drug.

FYI, I am all for the legalization of drugs myself.

Drug dealers and black ops funders love fools like you to keep pushing the legal strictures. You see..they are not affected byt them and are sanctioned. Remove the black market monies and the crime goes away. Reagan amped up the drug war to produce insane profit levels. Pot went from 25 an ounce to 200+ an ounce. Cocaine flooded the streets. that money paid for Iran-Contra.. Yeah.. lets shut down drug dealing by making it not criminal. Then Bush shut down the pot market to flood the streets with crack and its counterpart rap..effectively removing the black youth vote from future elections due to their felon status.

So yeah.. you stand four square behind Republican......................

............drug dealers

HTH
Randy

Revolution9
12-15-2007, 01:46 AM
I AM one of those grey haired old republicans and I think it's high time (pun intended) we stop making pot smokers out as some kind of problem. It's rediculous that pot is illegal while booze and nicotine are legal. If someone wants to attack a substance abuse problem they should look first into prescription drug abuse. Everybody's got their own "feel good pill", let the tokers have theirs too.

As for the grey haired old republicans the OP was referring to, I say we're gonna kick the neo-cons out of the Republican Party anyway. S'long!

This reminds me of one of my favortite quotes:
"It's my observation that most of what people vociferously complain about are not things they are forced to do, but things that other people choose to do." -- Charley Reese

Thanks for chiming in pops! I mean that affectionately of course. It is always a good thing when an elder show he has wisdom by sharing it..

Best Regards
Randy

Revolution9
12-15-2007, 01:48 AM
Pot is illegal,

idiots

So is the war in Iraq and the War on drugs..

idiots

Randy

Revolution9
12-15-2007, 01:50 AM
WELL THEN I GUESS IM BREAKIN THE LAW RIGHT NOW MOTHERFUCKER!

What are you, a legal positivist or something? You know, alcohol used to be illegal. Slavery used to be legal, more legal than marijuana! That must obviously mean it was ok to own slaves, yet it is of course horrible to smoke marijuana. Just because its the law, doesnt make the law right. laws do not create morality. Read No Treason by spooner and On Civil Disobedience by Thoreau. It will enlighten you.

let me join you in that endeavor! Ahh.. There we goo.. Cuts through the chemtrails they dusted us with in Atlanta this week. -cough cough-

Best
Randy

OferNave
12-15-2007, 01:52 AM
It's good to have friends in "high" places.

OferNave
12-15-2007, 01:52 AM
Woa... how did this thread balloon to 12 pages so quickly?

OferNave
12-15-2007, 01:56 AM
I am 50. I smoke pot every day. I code actionscript and kick ass. I can write 5000 line custom classes whilst under "the influence". As a matter of fact..I don't much feel like doing it until I get a coffee and then a puff and then i am off to the races. I smoked pot and provided it to my crews on every major project install or fabrication I have been involved in. These websites and music were all created under the influence.
http://randyblain.orgfree.com
http://cosmicvaudeville.ueuo.com
I have smoked with both my parents and my nanna, have never hidden it from my children and the local law enforcement knows nearly everyone in the neighborhood smokes so they do not even bother enforcing the outdated laws.

Best
Randy

I keep waiting for someone to start an "out" movement like homosexuals (and recently aethiests), so that there's someplace people can go to and add their voice saying "I smoke pot". There are literally 10s of millions of pot smokers in the US, and that includes probably half of anyone who's name you've heard (actors, musicians, politicians, businessmen).

Revolution9
12-15-2007, 01:58 AM
Marc Emery once threatened to turn over PERSONAL INFORMATION of his customers to the authorities because they were complaining about the quality of his goods.

"First of all, we are not losing customers at all. We have never had so much interest in the seeds we sell. Any problems experienced can be dealt with if the complainants stay polite, but once they become abusive or begin posting heated, crazed rhetoric, then we terminate any interest in dealing with that person.

I find this abusive behaviour unfathomable considering we have their address and pertinent details of what they are doing but somehow feel they can abuse us and provoke us. I wouldn't be doing that to anyone I had sent written proof to that I was growing marijuana/requesting marijuana seeds.

Fortunately, we have never had to resort to dealing severly with miscreants who don't understand their self-incrimination"

Well He sure smacked those asshats with a wallop upside the head. Some guys seed doesn;t grow so he threatens Marc and his business. Marc then countertrolls the idiots and shakes them in their boots.. Cool. Thanks for posting. Good countergambit on Marc's part.

best
Randy

CanadiansLoveRonPaul
12-15-2007, 02:06 AM
Well He sure smacked those asshats with a wallop upside the head. Some guys seed doesn;t grow so he threatens Marc and his business. Marc then countertrolls the idiots and shakes them in their boots.. Cool. Thanks for posting. Good countergambit on Marc's part.

best
Randy

So you believe the proper recourse for customer complaints is to have their lives and liberty put in jeopardy?

Revolution9
12-15-2007, 02:06 AM
I keep waiting for someone to start an "out" movement like homosexuals (and recently aethiests), so that there's someplace people can go to and add their voice saying "I smoke pot". There are literally 10s of millions of pot smokers in the US, and that includes probably half of anyone who's name you've heard (actors, musicians, politicians, businessmen).

I know people that do not smoke but I do not know anybody who thinks it should be illegal.

Fact: MK Ultra and Monarch/manchurian Candidate mind programming and fragmentation can be reversed in as little as one session of marijuana smoking. The other drugs, cocaine, heroin, ecstasy, pharma are all allowed.

Ever wonder why marijuana is the ad targeted substance on TV?

Best Regards
Randy

Revolution9
12-15-2007, 02:11 AM
So you believe the proper recourse for customer complaints is to have their lives and liberty put in jeopardy?

I believe when an asshat phones me up and refuses to speak in a busnesslike fashion with me then I can say anything I want to shake them up. Ya wanna act like a little bitch you get treated like a little bitch. They key word here is SAY.. You seem to want to play a game where do and say are the same thing. Homey don't play those games. Got a gambit that is not so 101-ish?

HTH
Randy

CanadiansLoveRonPaul
12-15-2007, 02:16 AM
I believe when an asshat phones me up and refuses to speak in a busnesslike fashion with me then I can say anything I want to shake them up. Ya wanna act like a little bitch you get treated like a little bitch. They key word here is SAY.. You seem to want to play a game where do and say are the same thing. Homey don't play those games. Got a gambit that is not so 101-ish?

HTH
Randy

But he DID threaten to narc out his customers...not just say he was going to threaten them.

Revolution9
12-15-2007, 02:46 AM
But he DID threaten to narc out his customers...not just say he was going to threaten them.

Like I said.. Say and do are two different things and it does not matter how much caterwauling and fingerpointing you do. Say and do are two different things. A threat falls into the say category in this case. So.. was it you that phoned him up acting like a pompous jerk and making threats..or..??

Randy

NewEnd
12-15-2007, 02:49 AM
Like I said.. Say and do are two different things and it does not matter how much caterwauling and fingerpointing you do. Say and do are two different things. A threat falls into the say category in this case. So.. was it you that phoned him up acting like a pompous jerk and making threats..or..??

Randy

Hmm... you seem to be spoiling for a fight tonight.

CanadiansLoveRonPaul
12-15-2007, 03:02 AM

Randy

No it was not me.

Don't be threatened by the revelation that Marc Emery is a scumbag, not everyone is privy to all the information available on a notable person on first glance. It might take a while, but the more you read and understand about Marc the more you will understand that he is a detriment to the marijuana movement and puts the honest people working within the movement at risk.

Revolution9
12-15-2007, 08:59 AM
No it was not me.

Don't be threatened by the revelation that Marc Emery is a scumbag, not everyone is privy to all the information available on a notable person on first glance. It might take a while, but the more you read and understand about Marc the more you will understand that he is a detriment to the marijuana movement and puts the honest people working within the movement at risk.

Is that fucking right aye.. I am Canadian and frankly your backbiting attitude is not very Canadian--like of ya. Ya seem to be trying to convince me of some gossip and your post count is like 18.. You have zero credibility. Another whiner with an agenda that ain't RP's

HTH
Randy

constituent
12-15-2007, 09:01 AM
Why is this good for us?

i don't believe there are any lsd specific mags/communities out there
anymore, hippie.

voytechs
12-15-2007, 09:04 AM
I just heard Marc Emery announce on the Steve Kubby Show (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/stevekubbyshow) that there will be a 2 1/2" X 4 1/2" ad on the FRONT COVER of the January issue of Cannabis Culture (http://www.cannabisculture.com) that reads: "he will end the War On Drugs, allow medical marijuana, legalize industrial hemp, end the DEA" etc.

It will also include a pull-out poster inside the issue (11X17) that says "Ron Paul, Champion of the Constitution 2008".

SWEEET! CC is a MUCH better magazine than High Times (though I'm happy we're advertising in High Times too).

Aren't all the pot-heads already for Dr. Paul? I made a few friends on digg and I get nothing but Dr. Paul on pot this and Dr. Paul on pot that. Too much excitement for me.

CanadiansLoveRonPaul
12-15-2007, 11:32 AM
Is that fucking right aye.. I am Canadian and frankly your backbiting attitude is not very Canadian--like of ya. Ya seem to be trying to convince me of some gossip and your post count is like 18.. You have zero credibility. Another whiner with an agenda that ain't RP's

HTH
Randy

The gossip came right from the horses mouth. I am just telling like it is, and if your disappointed to learn the truth about Marc threatening people by turning their private information over to authorities, then I feel sorry for you.

Don't judge me, your attempt to position yourself in a place of power over me has failed and you can give up on it now. Ron Paul would never associate himself with this loser, so in my opinion it would be better if Emery just didn't say anything about Ron Paul at all.

NewEnd
12-15-2007, 11:39 AM
Aren't all the pot-heads already for Dr. Paul?

No. Many of them don't even know about him, or are afraid of him because he is Republican.

Marc Scott Emery
12-16-2007, 08:04 AM

In illegal businesses you have to deal with thugs, threats, and an inability to use the courts to settle disputes. I have never hesitated to point out I would call the police about any threats to my wife, my partners or my property. In fact, I have never had a single client whose security or projects were compromised by any slip of information. Even though I have been arrested 22 times for pot, jailed 17 times for pot, raided 6 times for pot, not a single person in 12 years was ever compromised by any slip of information. That's amazing and incredible, the most notorious seed seller on earth and not one person taken down other than myself. That's integrity, folks. And a good habit of destroying all paperwork immediately!

The next cover of Cannabis Culture is incredibly HOT! My wife is nearly naked on the front saying " Vote For Ron Paul...Liberty Turns Me on! - Jodie Emery, Editor " .

We're going to post it here shortly for everyone to see!!! Its in stores and on newstands from January 20 to March 15. The poster inside is 11" x 17"

Ron Paul - Champion of the Constitution - President 2008

JodieEmery
12-16-2007, 08:07 AM
The gossip
Is exactly that.

Ron Paul would never associate himself with this loser, so in my opinion it would be better if Emery just didn't say anything about Ron Paul at all.
Ron Paul is very close friends with Lew Rockwell, who is also friends with Marc Emery. Marc Emery has been a Libertarian for decades and knows Lew Rockwell. Marc has been one of Canada's only leading Libertarian advocates ever since he was a fan of Ron Paul in the 1980s. Read these Lew Rockwell website articles about Marc: http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig5/cust3.html and http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig5/cust2.html

I'm going to share again the things that our magazine has done (just some of it!) for Ron Paul's campaign...

Our magazine, Cannabis Culture, prints approximately 66,000 copies with a mostly-American audience. Our website is also frequented by US citizens -- www.CannabisCulture.com -- as are our MySpace and Facebook accounts, with thousands of fans and friends.

Cannabis Culture Magazine has been promoting Ron Paul since 2006 when the publisher and editor Marc Emery (my husband) analyzed every voting record of all US Representatives for issue #62's "Voter's Guide" and RON PAUL came out on top. Marc Emery has been a fan and follower of Ron Paul since the 1980s, and since 2006 we've featured Ron Paul promotions regularly.

The next issue of our magazine, #69 (out in mid-January) has me on the cover looking quite lovely (I'm already the "Ron Paul - Liberty Turns Me On" girl you may have seen online, the brunette in the white bikini) with a 2x5-inch RON PAUL promotion in the bottom left corner of the cover including Ron Paul's face, name, website, and 6 reasons for our audience to vote for Ron Paul.

We also have a centerfold in the same issue saying "RON PAUL - President 2008 - Champion of the Constitution" with 3 web addresses: RonPaul2008.com, DailyPaul.com, and RonPaulRadio.com. The poster can be used anywhere, and doesn't have pot leafs on it. Great for everyone to use.

In issue #62 we had the voter guide. Ron Paul got heavy promotion for being the best Representative for freedom, liberty, peace, and ending the War on Drugs (which was a prelude to the War on Terror). That in-depth analysis, which Marc spent months creating, is available at our website: http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/4806.html

Issue #65 was out all-activist issue and featured the article "For the Presidency of the United States", which offered insight into Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich (to have both a Republican and Democrat endorsed). You can find that article on our website too: http://cannabisculture.com/articles/4910.html

Issue #67's Letter From the Editor (by Marc) endorsed Ron Paul heavily, and the photo was Marc in his popular Ron Paul Revolution shirt holding his "Prince of Pot" bong. That issue's cover also had www.RonPaul2008.com as the little "quote" next to the bar code, which we always switch up.

Issue #68, our currently-on-stands issue, has an article called "Your Next President On Drugs" and looks at every candidate's stance on the drug war, medical marijuana, hemp, etc. -- and of course, Ron Paul is the star of the show. That article can be seen at our website too, along with collected YouTube videos of every candidate commenting on drugs/marijuana. http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/5101.html

Hundreds of people have registered Republican, joined Ron Paul's campaign, donated money to him, turn into Ron Paulites like us, and done even more because of our efforts. They write to Marc and I daily, letting us know that they found out about Ron Paul through us, online or in CC magazine, or at www.Pot.tv or in person, or at our very popular store (Marc Emery's Cannabis Culture Headquarters) in downtown Vancouver... or even through our Vancouver Meet-Up group!

Marc and I also have a radio show on RonPaulRadio.com and currently we have an offer circulating for people who donate to Ron Paul -- they can get free personalized autographed centerfolds and posters of me and/or Marc (1: my famous CC centerfold, or 2: my "Liberty Turns Me On" Ron Paul promotion; or 3: Marc's Revolution-shirt picture) ... just email Jodie@cannabisculture.com with the confirmation email, your name and mailing address.

Oh, and for other Ron Paul & Marc Emery info... read the Seattle Weekly News article from a while ago... it's promotion, one way or another. It must be helping, because a lot of Republicans have been joining to support Ron Paul in Washington state, according to a recent story from there. http://cannabisculture.com/articles/5045.html

Also.... just one last little note... The recent Ron Paul article in Rolling Stone magazine was written by Tim Dickenson, who wroite about Marc Emery years ago. Marc contacted Dickenson after a previous article had said "all GOP candidates are for the Iraq war", encouraging Dickenson to take a closer look at Ron Paul. Dickenson later produced that excellent article; and though I imagine many others let him know that Ron Paul exists, Marc has a personal relationship with that journalist -- as Marc has been a media magnet since he was 17 -- and it seems to have had some good impact.

JodieEmery
12-16-2007, 08:19 AM
My little contributions for drawing attention to Ron Paul online... :)

http://www.cannabisculture.com/library/images/uploads/4878-JodieEmeryRonPaul01.jpg

http://www.cannabisculture.com/library/images/uploads/4878-JodieEmeryRonPaul02.jpg

Marc Scott Emery
12-16-2007, 08:52 AM
No it was not me.

If anyone reads anything unsavory in any reputable mdia, let me know. The Wall Street Journal, when they put me on their cover on Dec. 5, 1995, had 6 editors check my background, including my teachers, neighbors, parents, all previous business partners because " The Wall Street Journal is not putting a drug dealer on its front page."

60 Minutes researched me thoroughly in 8 months of investigating, they couldn't find an elected official, cop or citizen who'd go on camera and say anything negative about me.

The New York Times reporter, when they did a full page story in the Sunday Times on me, could not find any negative feedback at all. Ditto the Washington Post, Australian Broadcasting Corp. (those were 2005 and 2006)

CBC National Television did a movie of me, released in October (and available to view at youtube.com/princeofpot) that took one year to make, and the only critic was my hometown weekly paper editor who said I had a prodigious ego and was always pushing Ayn Rand on my bookstore customers.

I've been vetted by the best A-list media, and if there was any taint on my rep, they would have found it. I was a Scouting parent for 4 years, a children's soccor coach for 10 years, I'm still friends with every girl I've dated or lived with, I've run for elected office 10 times since 1980 (when I first read about Congressman Ron Paul). Many children I have coached, taught, tutored or mentored are friends of mine on Facebook today.

My point being, if I was a bad person in ANY way, you could google it and find it. If anyone had dirt on me, they'd call the media. After all, it is my reputation thats on trial!

But as the Wall Street Journal writer Quentin Hardy wrote, " Marc, all 6 editors said you're totally clean, congratulations, you are on the front page December 5."

And it was a great story, " Pot Seed Merchant, Winked at by Police, Prospers in Canada." It netted me my first big raid 4 weeks later.

If CanadiansforRonPaul is upfront, why doesn't he use his real name and then I can google him and investigate his reputation? That would be revealing, no doubt.

There's no Canadian who has done more for Ron Paul than myself and my wife, Jodie, in this campaign. I even put out myself tonight over 100 lawn signs, bridge sprawling banners, and pole signs in the pouring rain tonight all over Vancouver tonight with 8 members of the Vancouver meet-up group.

Contributions so far:
4,000 3x5" cards color
2,000 buttons
12 massive 3' x 8' banners color
a giant portable Ron Paul Pavilion
South Carolina Marathon of Hope (September)
two editorials
4 videos
one magazine cover
one magazine centerfold (value: $3450 US)
autographed posters of Jodie/me for over 100 Ron Paul donors
Ron Paul Radio shows

I'm the most recognized cannabis activist in the world, and for good reason. I have earned the recognition.

DrNoZone
12-16-2007, 09:29 AM
Marc and Jodie...you are both heroes!

Ball
12-16-2007, 09:38 AM
My little contributions for drawing attention to Ron Paul online... :)

:eek:

fourameuphoria
12-16-2007, 09:51 AM
How can bringing the drug war front and center be a bad thing?

1town
12-16-2007, 09:58 AM
I forget who said this, it was a science fiction writer, who said "to get everybody in the country libertarian all you had to do is convince the dope people that the gun people were OK and the gun people that the dope people were OK and everyone was libertarian."

The war on drugs is a disaster, and it's about damn time someone admitted it.

JodieEmery
12-16-2007, 10:39 AM
:eek:

Is that a good or bad "eek"? :)

Geronimo
12-16-2007, 11:00 AM

It's still better than the schwack I'm getting.

basejumper
12-22-2007, 10:10 PM
Marc and Jodie!!

Thanks for all that you have done... both for Ron Paul and Marijuana!

I was just thinking about you guys and posted in another thread about running Ron Paul ads in CC but I guess you guys are already on top of that so how about more pictures of Jodie :D

krott5333
12-22-2007, 10:15 PM
I forget who said this, it was a science fiction writer, who said "to get everybody in the country libertarian all you had to do is convince the dope people that the gun people were OK and the gun people that the dope people were OK and everyone was libertarian."

I like to consider myself BOTH!

(disclaimer: due to the questioning on the 4473, I don't actually use marijuana)

noztnac
12-22-2007, 10:18 PM
How can bringing the drug war front and center be a bad thing?

I personally favor legalizing all drugs. But the issue is definitely not a good one for most conservative voters. It alienates most older conservatives and those are the ones who vote. I'm sure all of your friends agree with you but why don't you ask your grandparents over Christmas dinner what they think about legalizing marijuana.

InRonWeTrust
12-22-2007, 10:19 PM
Word up.

I just blazed a nice bowl for the Constitution.

LandonCook
12-22-2007, 10:22 PM
Yes! We got every kind of person plus the Prince of Pot!

ilovemypitbull
12-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Hundreds of people have registered Republican, joined Ron Paul's campaign, donated money to him, turn into Ron Paulites like us, and done even more because of our efforts.

Thank you very much for all of this. I don't personally use drugs, but drug legalization is a very important issue to me. If I had to pretend like Paul was not pro-legalization or that his supporters weren't, it would feel like a dirty compromise. I actually can't believe this is even being discussed here. Keep up what you're doing, and I can guarantee that most people are behind you on this :-)

Revolution9
12-22-2007, 10:56 PM
If anyone reads anything unsavory in any reputable mdia, let me know. The Wall Street Journal, when they put me on their cover on Dec. 5, 1995, had 6 editors check my background, including my teachers, neighbors, parents, all previous business partners because " The Wall Street Journal is not putting a drug dealer on its front page."

60 Minutes researched me thoroughly in 8 months of investigating, they couldn't find an elected official, cop or citizen who'd go on camera and say anything negative about me.

The New York Times reporter, when they did a full page story in the Sunday Times on me, could not find any negative feedback at all. Ditto the Washington Post, Australian Broadcasting Corp. (those were 2005 and 2006)

CBC National Television did a movie of me, released in October (and available to view at youtube.com/princeofpot) that took one year to make, and the only critic was my hometown weekly paper editor who said I had a prodigious ego and was always pushing Ayn Rand on my bookstore customers.

I've been vetted by the best A-list media, and if there was any taint on my rep, they would have found it. I was a Scouting parent for 4 years, a children's soccor coach for 10 years, I'm still friends with every girl I've dated or lived with, I've run for elected office 10 times since 1980 (when I first read about Congressman Ron Paul). Many children I have coached, taught, tutored or mentored are friends of mine on Facebook today.

My point being, if I was a bad person in ANY way, you could google it and find it. If anyone had dirt on me, they'd call the media. After all, it is my reputation thats on trial!

But as the Wall Street Journal writer Quentin Hardy wrote, " Marc, all 6 editors said you're totally clean, congratulations, you are on the front page December 5."

And it was a great story, " Pot Seed Merchant, Winked at by Police, Prospers in Canada." It netted me my first big raid 4 weeks later.

If CanadiansforRonPaul is upfront, why doesn't he use his real name and then I can google him and investigate his reputation? That would be revealing, no doubt.

There's no Canadian who has done more for Ron Paul than myself and my wife, Jodie, in this campaign. I even put out myself tonight over 100 lawn signs, bridge sprawling banners, and pole signs in the pouring rain tonight all over Vancouver tonight with 8 members of the Vancouver meet-up group.

Contributions so far:
4,000 3x5" cards color
2,000 buttons
12 massive 3' x 8' banners color
a giant portable Ron Paul Pavilion
South Carolina Marathon of Hope (September)
two editorials
4 videos
one magazine cover
one magazine centerfold (value: $3450 US)
autographed posters of Jodie/me for over 100 Ron Paul donors
Ron Paul Radio shows

I'm the most recognized cannabis activist in the world, and for good reason. I have earned the recognition.

I knew he was a fucking gossip. I despise people trying to ensnare me in a web of their poor perceptions. Ground was held and you verified my intuition to be correct.

Thanks for your contributions Marc and Jodie.. I am firing up a bowl in honor of you both.

Best Regards
Randy
Ex-patriate canuck

Chase
12-22-2007, 11:09 PM
Marc,

Personally, I love what you guys are doing. Best of luck to you!

UCFGavin
12-22-2007, 11:10 PM
is there a way of ordering this magazine from somewhere? i don't know of any place around me that sells it, but i would love to get ahold of a copy.

Anti Federalist
12-22-2007, 11:25 PM

Fer chrissakes, here we go again.:mad:

This whole thing is going to swing on getting new, dropped out or switched primary voters along with a portion of the freedom loving paleocon base who, like myself, don't care that he is on the cover of CC or High Times.

If you are thinking those gray hairs, (and hey, no offense, I'm 43 and have more than a few myself) if by that you mean the hidebound republican establishment, were ever going to vote for Paul, they you are the ones smoking dope.

They are too scared of Hillary and wild eyed "HayRabs" to ever support our guy anyways.

So it's going to hinge on the "unconventional voters" - the ones you and few others are doing everything you can to run off and piss off.

Vendico
12-22-2007, 11:28 PM
Marc & Jodie Emery, I love both of you and I wish you all the best. Thank you both for your efforts. Tell Barry I said hi!

JodieEmery
01-03-2008, 01:03 AM
is there a way of ordering this magazine from somewhere? i don't know of any place around me that sells it, but i would love to get ahold of a copy.

www.CannabisCulture.com is where you can pre-order a copy of CC #69! :)

RPFTW!
01-03-2008, 01:10 AM
I remember you guys from way back in the overgrow.com days when I used to smoke, good luck to you both

Spirit of '76
01-03-2008, 01:41 AM
I personally favor legalizing all drugs. But the issue is definitely not a good one for most conservative voters. It alienates most older conservatives and those are the ones who vote. I'm sure all of your friends agree with you but why don't you ask your grandparents over Christmas dinner what they think about legalizing marijuana.

You know, it's funny you should say that...

I took Jodie up on her very kind offer of autographed photos/posters for those who contribute to the Ron Paul campaign. She sent two of the "Liberty turns me on" pics, one for me and one for my cousin, who leans waaaay left and has been kind of on the fence about Ron.

I gave him his on Christmas Eve when my whole family was at my parents' house. Everyone was there, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, great-uncles... Of course, I had to explain who she was, and I mentioned that Ron was going to be on the cover of the next issue of Cannabis Culture.

A conversation about marijuana legalization ensued, and you know what? Not a single person there thought marijuana should be illegal. My 78 year old grandmother said, "They ought to just legalize it and get it over with."

As a matter of fact, I don't think I know anyone who seriously thinks pot should be illegal, unless they work for the government and make their living off of persecuting people for having it.

AFTFNJ
01-03-2008, 01:51 AM
Do you send Editors to AMS? When are they going next?