PDA

View Full Version : Turkey set to invade Syria; US to remove forces from area

Swordsmyth
10-06-2019, 11:13 PM
Turkey (https://abcnews.go.com/alerts/turkey) is set to invade Syria (https://abcnews.go.com/alerts/syria), as the country had been threatening in recent months, with the U.S. saying it will remove all of its forces from the "immediate area," according to the White House.

The news came late Sunday after President Donald Trump (https://abcnews.go.com/alerts/donald-trump) spoke to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan by phone earlier in the day.

"Turkey will soon be moving forward with its long-planned operation into Northern Syria," the White House said in a statement late Sunday. "The United States Armed Forces will not support or be involved in the operation, and United States forces, having defeated the ISIS territorial 'Caliphate,' will no longer be in the immediate area."

The White House also confirmed that Turkey will take possession of all captured ISIS fighters from the past two years.
"The United States Government has pressed France, Germany, and other European nations, from which many captured ISIS fighters came, to take them back, but they did not want them and refused," the U.S. said in it statement. "The United States will not hold them for what could be many years and great cost to the United States taxpayer."
Trump and Erdogan agreed to meet at the White House in November, Turkish state media reported, though the White House did not mention that in its statement.

More at: https://abcnews.go.com/International/turkey-set-invade-syria-us-remove-forces-area/story?id=66103777

UWDude
10-06-2019, 11:33 PM
So hard to tell what Erdogan is really up to now.
I was sure He would be gone by now, after shooting down the Russian fighter/bomber.
This could be part of the great betrayal.

It appears America is going to abandon the Kurds fully.
Leaving it to Assad to protect them.

They should have never tried to breakaway from Syria.

TheCount
10-07-2019, 12:14 AM
In a major shift in United States military policy in Syria, the White House said on Sunday that President Trump had given his endorsement for a Turkish military operation that would sweep away American-backed Kurdish forces near the border in Syria.

Turkey considers the Kurdish fighters to be a terrorist insurgency, and has long sought to end American support for the group. But the Kurdish group, known as the Syrian Democratic Forces, or S.D.F., has been the United States’ most reliable partner in fighting the Islamic State in a strategic corner of northern Syria.

Now, Mr. Trump’s decision goes against the recommendations of top officials in the Pentagon and the State Department who have sought to keep a small troop presence in northeast Syria to continue operations against the Islamic State, or ISIS, and to act as a critical counterweight to Iran and Russia.

Administration officials said that Mr. Trump spoke directly with President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey on the issue on Sunday. And the officials indicated that the 100 to 150 United States military personnel deployed to that area would be pulled back in advance of any Turkish operation but that they would not be completely withdrawn from Syria.

“Turkey will soon be moving forward with its long-planned operation into Northern Syria,” the White House said in a statement released just before 11 p.m. in Washington. “The United States Armed Forces will not support or be involved in the operation, and United States forces, having defeated the ISIS territorial ‘Caliphate,’ will no longer be in the immediate area.”

It was unclear how extensive the Turkish operation would be, or whether Turkish forces would clash with the American-backed Kurds, a development that could jeopardize many of the counterterrorism gains achieved by the American military in the fight against ISIS.

Last December, Mr. Trump called for a complete United States withdrawal from Syria, but ultimately reversed himself after a backlash from Pentagon, diplomatic and intelligence officials, as well as important allies in Europe and the Middle East.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/07/us/politics/trump-turkey-syria.html

UWDude
10-07-2019, 12:19 AM
Duplicate
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?539934-Turkey-set-to-invade-Syria-US-to-remove-forces-from-area

Nice way of wording the headline to make it look like trump pulling out of Syria is actually Trump endorsing war.

Nice neocon touch.

Swordsmyth
10-07-2019, 12:22 AM
So hard to tell what Erdogan is really up to now.
I was sure He would be gone by now, after shooting down the Russian fighter/bomber.
This could be part of the great betrayal.

It appears America is going to abandon the Kurds fully.
Leaving it to Assad to protect them.

They should have never tried to breakaway from Syria.
It won't be long before the withdrawal is complete, certainly before Nov. 2020.

UWDude
10-07-2019, 12:23 AM
Wow, October has been epic, and we still have Brexit to finish the month off.

Looks like World War III is about to get to it.

Got Houthis blowing up 5.7M bbl a day and capturing 2500 soldiers.

Got the deep state trying to pull off one last desperate coup.

Yeah, this one has been pretty amazing.

Election is still over a year away.

UWDude
10-07-2019, 12:26 AM
It won't be long before the withdrawal is complete, certainly before Nov. 2020.

Haters gonna cry. They would rather have Trump be in Syria, because they wanna be right.
They word it like "Trump endorsing" an invasion, when America has said, "you take these ISIS guys, and we are leaving."
Erdogan been talking Palestine lately.

Wonder what he is up to.

Swordsmyth
10-07-2019, 12:35 AM
Haters gonna cry. They would rather have Trump be in Syria, because they wanna be right.
They word it like "Trump endorsing" an invasion, when America has said, "you take these ISIS guys, and we are leaving."
Don't be surprised if some of them start wailing for the Kurds, Gabbard will for sure.
"Endorsing the invasion" is a neat little twisting to make a reduction in intervention sound like an increase in intervention but nobody but the TDS brigade is stupid enough to fall for it.

UWDude
10-07-2019, 12:41 AM
Don't be surprised if some of them start wailing for the Kurds, Gabbard will for sure.

Yup. Joined one month after the Iraq war started, claims to have joined after Sep 11, technically true, but a lie.
Now we see the Kurdish war crack she is about to try to sell to Jimmy Dore. I think he will not fall for it.

"Endorsing the invasion" is a neat little twisting to make a reduction in intervention sound like an increase in intervention but nobody but the TDS brigade is stupid enough to fall for it.

Cute, eh? One of the little tools was late. Beat him to it.
He cry now. He still tried. Although this was literally at the top at the time.
:tears:

I wonder how Assad reacts.
Kurds gonna cry. We promised them a new country with American blood, now we are leaving them to get dusted by their most hated enemy.
They made a deal with the devil. Time to pay the piper.

Swordsmyth
10-07-2019, 12:45 AM
Yup. Joined one month after the Iraq war started, claims to have joined after Sep 11, technically true, but a lie.
Now we see the Kurdish war crack she is about to try to sell to Jimmy Dore. I think he will not fall for it.

Cute, eh? One of the little tools was late. Beat him to it.
He cry now. He still tried. Although this was literally at the top at the time.
:tears:

I wonder how Assad reacts.
Kurds gonna cry. We promised them a new country with American blood, now we are leaving them to get dusted by their most hated enemy.
They made a deal with the devil. Time to pay the piper.
I think Assad will sit and wait, Russia will back him up to drive out the Turks once Turkey starts a war with Greece over Cyprus and NATO won't be able to take a side.

UWDude
10-07-2019, 12:50 AM
I think Assad will sit and wait, Russia will back him up to drive out the Turks once Turkey starts a war with Greece over Cyprus and NATO won't be able to take a side.

very interesting. I was thinking Assad wait for the Kurds and Turks to bloody each other, then when one is about to crush the other, intervene. Then I thought Russia will back him up to drive out Turkey, though that might take nuking Istanbul. Surely Putin has a better maneuver.

Did not see the Greece/Cyprus NATO angle.

What about Iran? Iran has a large Kurdish population itself. It concerns me greatly that Assad is still weak against turkey, and Turkey has surely been trying to bleed away territory to themselves, and has been backing up various extremist Islamic sects in the region, especially Northern Idlib.

It is in Iran and Turkey's interest the Kurds be split in Syria. But Erdogan is a sick man when it comes to the Kurds.

UWDude
10-07-2019, 01:02 AM
For example about Turkey's sick ways, they were caught on tape trying to plant a false flag and blame it on Syria, to get them fully into the war.
They were going to shoot some rockets at themselves from the border, hit some holy site, and claim Syria did it.

Swordsmyth
10-07-2019, 01:02 AM
very interesting. I was thinking Assad wait for the Kurds and Turks to bloody each other, then when one is about to crush the other, intervene. Then I thought Russia will back him up to drive out Turkey, though that might take nuking Istanbul. Surely Putin has a better maneuver.

If Russia attacks Turkey NATO will get involved but they can't if Turkey has already attacked another NATO member, I don't think Putin will have to nuke Istanbul(Constantinople) but may end up liberating it with the help of Greece.
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/089/909/e3f.gif

More likely would be that Erdogan would get thrown out and maybe killed and a new Turkish government would beg for peace to avoid that.

What about Iran? Iran has a large Kurdish population itself.
I think Iran will make sure Assad stays in power but will do nothing to help the Kurds, what they might do after Erdogan crushes the Kurds I don't know because they work with him and Assad.

It concerns me greatly that Assad is still weak against turkey, and Turkey has surely been trying to bleed away territory to themselves, and has been backing up various extremist Islamic sects in the region, especially Northern Idlib.
I've been expecting Turkey to invade for some time, Assad's military is no match for the much larger Turkish army and Russia can't afford to attack a NATO member so it seemed like the obvious card for the empire to play.
But Turkey is being run by a madman and his provocations about Cyprus will lead to war with Greece soon and Putin can see it.

UWDude
10-07-2019, 01:07 AM
Another sick Turk trick was to blow up a bunch of Kurdish radical students at a summer camp, and then blame it on the Kurds, and use it as justification to bomb the Kurds.
Erdogan is a sick puppy.

And it really seems the Sunni/Shia split is absolute. Erdogan has been not helpful, to say the least, with Assad's situation. I see no areas where Shia and Sunni have lined up together, except Palestine. In every other inter-Arab conflict, it is globally Sunni vs Shia, with Sunni nations supporting one side, and Shia nations supporting the other.

Maybe the Russian backed coup will succeed where the American backed coup failed.

UWDude
10-07-2019, 01:20 AM
I've been expecting Turkey to invade for some time, Assad's military is no match for the much larger Turkish army and Russia can't afford to attack a NATO member so it seemed like the obvious card for the empire to play.
But Turkey is being run by a madman and his provocations about Cyprus will lead to war with Greece soon and Putin can see it.

Turkey buying s-400s was quite a move, so it is truly hard to tell what Erdogan is up to. He also gave up on 100 f-35s in return.
This means he intends to fight an insurgency that doesn't have radar anyway, and may be willing to go alone. Also why he started cawing about nuclear weapons.

Those Kurds might prove to be a resilient as the Houthi, especially if they can find themselves Iranian drone and missile technology. Mountain people can be the most brutal fighters. Turks are mountain people too, but invading mountains is way harder than defending.

AngryCanadian
10-07-2019, 01:21 AM
If Russia attacks Turkey NATO will get involved but they can't if Turkey has already attacked another NATO member, I don't think Putin will have to nuke Istanbul(Constantinople) but may end up liberating it with the help of Greece.
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/089/909/e3f.gif

More likely would be that Erdogan would get thrown out and maybe killed and a new Turkish government would beg for peace to avoid that.

I think Iran will make sure Assad stays in power but will do nothing to help the Kurds, what they might do after Erdogan crushes the Kurds I don't know because they work with him and Assad.

Russia may have to cut the S400s deal.

Swordsmyth
10-07-2019, 01:26 AM
Greece/Cyprus is probably why Erdogan wanted Russian SAMs, he may have even discussed it with Putin and thinks Putin will stand by and allow it but Putin is probably just leading him on and will come to the defense of Greece which is also an Orthodox country in addition to helping Syria on that front.
I wonder if the Russians have a secret kill switch in the military equipment they sell to countries like Turkey....................
If Turkey goes down Eurabia may explode giving Putin a chance to launch a Crusade to liberate Europe..................

Swordsmyth
10-07-2019, 01:26 AM
Russia may have to cut the S400s deal.
Or activate a kill switch.

UWDude
10-07-2019, 01:33 AM
Putin is probably just leading him on and will come to the defense of Greece which is also an Orthodox country in addition to helping Syria on that front.

The Greek Orthodox and Russian Orthodox are on alliance level terms?

Putin, eg Assad, may let Turkey have Northern Syria. Assad still has very little control over them anyway. In his eyes where there were Americans and Kurds, there are now Turks and Kurds. Both are incredibly hostile. That would certainly tempt him to change the territory to Iranians and Kurds, could draw in Iran.

Swordsmyth
10-07-2019, 01:41 AM
The Greek Orthodox and Russian Orthodox are on alliance level terms?
I know Greece is far more friendly to Russia than the rest of Europe but I was thinking of it mostly as an excuse for war against Turkey and a way to frame it for PR purposes to make Russia the defender of Christianity and Europe.

Putin, eg Assad, may let Turkey have Northern Syria. Assad still has very little control over them anyway. In his eyes where there were Americans and Kurds, there are now Turks and Kurds. Both are incredibly hostile. That would certainly tempt him to change the territory to Iranians and Kurds, could draw in Iran.
That's possible but I don't think Putin really wants a backstabber like Erdogan to keep lobbing bombs in the region and I don't think Iran will oppose Turkey, they need the Turks' help economically to fight US sanctions and they are afraid of their own Kurds wanting to join a new Kurdistan as well as the Kurds in Iraq which is their ally now.

UWDude
10-07-2019, 01:54 AM
That's possible but I don't think Putin really wants a backstabber like Erdogan to keep lobbing bombs in the region and I don't think Iran will oppose Turkey, they need the Turks' help economically to fight US sanctions and they are afraid of their own Kurds wanting to join a new Kurdistan as well as the Kurds in Iraq which is their ally now.

Putin will suffer greatly for an ally. Russia has very few of them.

I don't think anybody is going to interfere, unless Erdogan starts massing in Idlib, which is a very real possibility, since he has troops there already. Assad may let Kurdish areas go, he will not let Idlib go.

Erdogan prefers an air shield over air power. He is worried about getting bombed more than bombing. He wants an umbrella over his base so he can strike outward without fear of losing it all. But that itself my be a deception, in that this was a pretty recent move, and nothing is truly concrete. He could say tomorrow he wants the F35s and is not buying S400s.

He may be furious the US is insisting Turkey buy all arms from them, when Patriots have proven to be garbage, especially after risking war with Russia for NATO by shooting down that sukhoi. No way he did that without NATO's approval and assurances.

Swordsmyth
10-07-2019, 01:57 AM
I don't think anybody is going to interfere, unless Erdogan starts massing in Idlib. Assad may let Kurdish areas go, he will not let Idlib go.
Assad wants every inch of Syria back sooner or later and Turkey wants to nibble its way back to the Ottoman empire.
Russia really doesn't want to see a reborn Ottoman empire because it has too many muslims in Russia itself and in its backyard.

This could get interesting fast.

Swordsmyth
10-07-2019, 01:58 AM
BEIRUT (AP) — U.S.-backed Kurdish-led forces in Syria say that American troops have begun withdrawing from areas along Turkey's border.

https://poststar.com/news/world/u-s--backed-kurdish-led-forces-in-syria-say/article_40255498-ebbe-5e03-835b-01a33af0c3f6.html

Swordsmyth
10-07-2019, 02:01 AM
https://www.cryptogon.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/popcorneating.gif

UWDude
10-07-2019, 02:02 AM
Assad wants every inch of Syria back sooner or later and Turkey wants to nibble its way back to the Ottoman empire.
Russia really doesn't want to see a reborn Ottoman empire because it has too many muslims in Russia itself and in its backyard.

This could get interesting fast.

Assad may be content with a Kurdish "special zone" that only must align with him in foreign policy.
If the Syrian kurds could choose an overlord, I think their choice would be Assad.

Swordsmyth
10-07-2019, 02:06 AM
Assad may be content with a Kurdish "special zone" that only must align with him in foreign policy.
If the Syrian kurds could choose an overlord, I think their choice would be Assad.
Erdogan will never agree to that willingly, he would see it as a seedling Kurdistan and he wants to nibble at Syria anyway.
He will have to forced to agree or removed.

Swordsmyth
10-07-2019, 02:10 AM
I wonder how Iraq will react, they are mad at Turkey for attacking Kurds in their territory already and could reasonably guess that Erdogan will invade and occupy them next.

UWDude
10-07-2019, 02:17 AM
I wonder how Iraq will react, they are mad at Turkey for attacking Kurds in their territory already and could reasonably guess that Erdogan will invade and occupy them next.

Yeah... Iraq, oh boy. Already falling apart again along the sunni/shia rift.
Then there is Saudi Arabia which will surely fall in crisis soon.

I actually think this will be the end of Erdogan.
He will fall from power in Turkey for this.

Unless he can really do what he is claiming, and resettle 2,000,000 Syrian refugees there, and then leave.

AngryCanadian
10-07-2019, 07:06 AM
Yeah... Iraq, oh boy. Already falling apart again along the sunni/shia rift.
Then there is Saudi Arabia which will surely fall in crisis soon.

I actually think this will be the end of Erdogan.
He will fall from power in Turkey for this.

Unless he can really do what he is claiming, and resettle 2,000,000 Syrian refugees there, and then leave.

Turkey is threatening many so called migrants to the EU.

shakey1
10-07-2019, 07:30 AM
:eyes:

TheCount
10-07-2019, 07:32 AM
Duplicate
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?539934-Turkey-set-to-invade-Syria-US-to-remove-forces-from-area

The topic of that thread and the information in the article is not the same as this.

UWDude
10-07-2019, 09:34 AM
Turkey is threatening many so called migrants to the EU.

Turkey is just as guilty as the gulf states, The US and Israel for the war in Syria.
Half of the Islamist groups in Idlib are Turkey backed and funded.

For Erdogan to be claiming he just wants to resettle the Syrian war refugees he helped create is suspect.

enhanced_deficit
10-07-2019, 10:10 AM
Turkey is set to invade Syria, as the country had been threatening in recent months, with the U.S. saying it will remove all of its forces from the "immediate area," according to the White House.

The news came late Sunday after President Donald Trump spoke to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan by phone earlier in the day.

"Turkey will soon be moving forward with its long-planned operation into Northern Syria," the White House said in a statement late Sunday. "The United States Armed Forces will not support or be involved in the operation, and United States forces, having defeated the ISIS territorial 'Caliphate,' will no longer be in the immediate area."

Besides showig bold leadership at at home, MAGA is continuing to raise his stature on globalist stage also with a new global order in mideast to rearrange Syria, Turkey, Israel, Kurdish, Palestinian dynamics. Perhaps not just modern day Abraham Lincoln wrt 'civil war' at home but for civil wars in foreign countries also.

Trump Endorses Turkish Military Operation in Syria, Shifting U.S. Policy (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?539937-Trump-Endorses-Turkish-Military-Operation-in-Syria-Shifting-U-S-Policy&)

Related

US, Turkey launch joint patrols in planned Syria 'safe zone' (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?538970-US-Turkey-launch-joint-patrols-in-planned-Syria-safe-zone&)

ISIS and Israel attack Syrian Army (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?485502-ISIS-and-Israel-attack-Syrian-Army&)

What if Sheldon Adelson and AIPAC Gave a War and No One Came?
http://www.europereloaded.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/SyrianpulloutBolton.jpg
https://www.nationaljournal.com/s/70984/sheldon-adelson-president-obama-i-would-be-willing-help-syria

Israel Has not Targeted ISIS Since their Appearance in Syria (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?496597-Israel-Mourns-The-Dead-in-FL-Israel-Has-not-Targeted-ISIS-Since-their-Appearance-in-Syria&)

Syria shoots down Israeli warplane as conflict escalates
Image caption The Israeli F-16 jet crashed near a village in northern Israel
An Israeli F-16 fighter jet has crashed after being hit by Syrian air defences during an offensive in Syria, the Israeli military says.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-43014081

(https://www.europereloaded.com/bolton-in-israel-torpedoes-trumps-syria-troop-withdrawal-but-erdogan-strikes-back/)Golan Heights: Israel unveils 'Trump Heights' settlement (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?535716-Golan-Heights-Israel-unveils-Trump-Heights-settlement&)
https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/10CB/production/_107399240_hi054680562.jpg
Israel seized the Golan from Syria in the 1967 Middle East war. In March, the US became the first country to recognise Israeli sovereignty over the area since Israel effectively annexed it in 1981.

(https://www.europereloaded.com/bolton-in-israel-torpedoes-trumps-syria-troop-withdrawal-but-erdogan-strikes-back/)

UWDude
10-07-2019, 10:13 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1181227885841002496

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1181227887543894016

I was elected on getting out of these ridiculous endless wars, where our great Military functions as a policing operation to the benefit of people who don’t even like the USA. The two most unhappy countries at this move are Russia & China, because they love seeing us bogged.....

....down, watching over a quagmire, & spending big dollars to do so. When I took over, our Military was totally depleted. Now it is stronger than ever before. The endless and ridiculous wars are ENDING! We will be focused on the big picture, knowing we can always go back & BLAST!

UWDude
10-07-2019, 10:29 AM
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1181172457811697664
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1181172459325800448
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1181172462291243008
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1181172465772482563
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1181172467676565505

The United States was supposed to be in Syria for 30 days, that was many years ago. We stayed and got deeper and deeper into battle with no aim in sight. When I arrived in Washington, ISIS was running rampant in the area. We quickly defeated 100% of the ISIS Caliphate,.....

....including capturing thousands of ISIS fighters, mostly from Europe. But Europe did not want them back, they said you keep them USA! I said “NO, we did you a great favor and now you want us to hold them in U.S. prisons at tremendous cost. They are yours for trials.” They.....

.....again said “NO,” thinking, as usual, that the U.S. is always the “sucker,” on NATO, on Trade, on everything. The Kurds fought with us, but were paid massive amounts of money and equipment to do so. They have been fighting Turkey for decades. I held off this fight for....

....almost 3 years, but it is time for us to get out of these ridiculous Endless Wars, many of them tribal, and bring our soldiers home. WE WILL FIGHT WHERE IT IS TO OUR BENEFIT, AND ONLY FIGHT TO WIN. Turkey, Europe, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Russia and the Kurds will now have to.....

...figure the situation out, and what they want to do with the captured ISIS fighters in their “neighborhood.” They all hate ISIS, have been enemies for years. We are 7000 miles away and will crush ISIS again if they come anywhere near us!

enhanced_deficit
10-07-2019, 10:48 AM
Trump Endorses Turkish Military Operation in Syria, Shifting U.S. Policy

I would concede that MAGA frequently shifts his policies on things but nonetheless Sir-Shifts-A-Lot label is counter productive.
Such a label also does not have same rythmic resonance as 'Shifty Schiff' label that MAGA yesterday applied to Dem Intel Chair and that label was promptly declared 'anti-semitic' by Dem rising star Ocasio-Cortez. Incidentally, Cortez had remained quiet when MAGA's allegedly shifting policies on some domestic issues like 2nd amendment were called a 'fraud' by GOA leader.

I digress but 'shifting' politics is a big story lately.

UWDude
10-07-2019, 11:13 AM
Lindsey Graham is mad XD
https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1181181561045172224

I don’t know all the details regarding President Trump’s decision in northern Syria. In process of setting up phone call with Secretary Pompeo. If press reports are accurate this is a disaster in the making.

Warlord
10-07-2019, 11:37 AM
Liz Cheney calls Trump's Syria move 'a catastrophic mistake'

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/464671-liz-cheney-calls-trumps-syria-move-a-catastrophic-mistake

UWDude
10-07-2019, 11:43 AM
https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1181226623699505153

I stand with @realDonaldTrump today as he once again fulfills his promises to stop our endless wars and have a true America First foreign policy.

UWDude
10-07-2019, 12:05 PM
Amash being retarded on twitter
https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/1181244246126419972

1. We shouldn’t have any U.S. forces in Syria without congressional approval. 2. We shouldn’t tell Turkey it’s okay to invade Syria. President Trump is keeping troops in Syria; just moving some. And despite Trump’s Twitter warnings, Turkey would not invade without his go-ahead.

1. yes
2. Turkey already invaded Syria without US consent. Turkey has been in Syria from the get-go.

Pulling US troops out of the way of a long threatened Turk invasion is giving a "go-ahead".
I guess Amash would rather we line up the Marines and tell Turkey NO!

Afrin? Hello? Amash? Anybody home?

Amash needs to pay more attention to the war he is blubbering about but obviously knows nothing about.

Brian4Liberty
10-07-2019, 12:07 PM
Turkey buying s-400s was quite a move, so it is truly hard to tell what Erdogan is up to. He also gave up on 100 f-35s in return.
This means he intends to fight an insurgency that doesn't have radar anyway, and may be willing to go alone. Also why he started cawing about nuclear weapons.

Those Kurds might prove to be a resilient as the Houthi, especially if they can find themselves Iranian drone and missile technology. Mountain people can be the most brutal fighters. Turks are mountain people too, but invading mountains is way harder than defending.

What talk is there about nukes? It would be damn foolish if the US still has nukes or advanced weapons in Turkey. Should have been pulling those out long ago.

UWDude
10-07-2019, 12:13 PM
What talk is there about nukes? It would be damn foolish if the US still has nukes or advanced weapons in Turkey. Should have been pulling those out long ago.

Erdogan has been talking recently about acquiring nuclear weapons.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-turkey-nuclear-erdogan-idUSKCN1VP2QN

Anti Globalist
10-07-2019, 12:28 PM
Interesting. Hope US troops actually get removed and come home.

enhanced_deficit
10-07-2019, 12:55 PM
Putting away our purist isolationist and self-centered non-interventionist mindset for a second and embracing bit of globalist interventionist freedom spreading boldness, what is the downside if MAGA sold some weapons and endorsed two enemies of our closest ally to get entangled in a war with each other?

Does anyone really think his top donor invested large sums of maney in MAGA for him to be keep MAGAing at home only and get away completely from globalist interventions?

Flashback:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/images/icons/icon8.png Mike Pence rips Turkey. "USA will stand with Israel - our most cherished ally." (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?249973-Mike-Pence-rips-Turkey-quot-USA-will-stand-with-Israel-our-most-cherished-ally-quot&)

vita3
10-07-2019, 01:05 PM
Great move President Trump.

Perpetual War mongers head may explode if he ever directly talks with Assad

UWDude
10-07-2019, 01:14 PM
Great move President Trump.

Perpetual War mongers head may explode if he ever directly talks with Assad

I was thinking the same thing.

eleganz
10-07-2019, 02:30 PM
Getting out of Syria is the right thing to do and he has been talking about it, and oh look at all of the NEOCON attacks and absolutely no surprise that the TDS mental patients here on RPF stay completely silent or afraid to approach the topic head on, instead re-directing the topic to other aspects of our foreign policy.

Ron is not afraid to to praise or criticize when necessary. He is most definitely not suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OckcS7mYKsY

Like I've been saying, when you're so anti-war, it makes you pro-war because the wrong person is pursuing your ideals. You know who you are.

pcosmar
10-07-2019, 04:14 PM
Like I've been saying, when you're so anti-war, it makes you pro-war because the wrong person is pursuing your ideals. You know who you are.
And I am tired of hearing empty promises..

We are not getting out of Syria. That is Bull$hit.

Joyce Karam
‏Verified account @Joyce_Karam
43m43 minutes ago

UPDATE: US - #Syria - Turkey

• US Blocks Turkey from Airspace
• White House WALKS BACK Trump Withdrawal comment
• US moving troops away from Turkey path but staying in Syria
• Mitch McConnell & Pelosi both criticize Trump approach

Mixed signals.. I believe the correct term is Disinformation.

Would love to see it,, but I doubt it is true.

Swordsmyth
10-07-2019, 04:18 PM
And I am tired of hearing empty promises..

We are not getting out of Syria. That is Bull$hit.

Mixed signals.. I believe the correct term is Disinformation.

Would love to see it,, but I doubt it is true.
We were staying to protect the Kurds, we are no longer protecting the Kurds, we will leave soon.

enhanced_deficit
10-07-2019, 04:45 PM
...the U.S. saying it will remove all of its forces from the "immediate area," according to the White House.

Since he frequently contradicts himself his statements can't be trusted at all, you have to watch his actions to even guess about his positions or plans (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?521272-How-much-trust-do-you-put-in-current-President-s-promises-and-statements&p=6616066&viewfull=1#post6616066).

Couple of question are in order.

Is just saying it it will do so or will be actually doing it?

How much money taxpayers will save by moving around of troops from one part of Syria to another? What is stopping removing those troops from Syria instaed of "immediate area"?

Trump: 'Just Kidding. We're Staying In Syria.' (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?521077-Trump-Just-Kidding-We-re-Staying-In-Syria&)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAvgjvk_-0c

That didn't take long. No sooner did President Trump vow to remove US troops from Syria, when after a meeting with Defense Secretary Mattis and other advisors resulted in another flip-flop. Like with the recent omnibus budget, he complained but went along with it. Will he pull out in six months as he more recently promised? Don't hold your breath!

Potentially Related

'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...' (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?534632-TP-Conservative-Joe-Walsh-turns-on-MAGA-Fool-me-once-shame-on-you-Fool-me-twice&)

Swordsmyth
10-07-2019, 04:53 PM
Couple of question are in order.

Is just saying it it will do so or will be actually doing it?

How much money taxpayers will save by moving around of troops from one part of Syria to another? What is stopping removing those troops from Syria instaed of "immediate area"?

Trump: 'Just Kidding. We're Staying In Syria.' (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?521077-Trump-Just-Kidding-We-re-Staying-In-Syria&)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAvgjvk_-0c

Potentially Related

'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...' (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?534632-TP-Conservative-Joe-Walsh-turns-on-MAGA-Fool-me-once-shame-on-you-Fool-me-twice&)

Ask Ron:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OckcS7mYKsY

enhanced_deficit
10-07-2019, 05:31 PM
Ask Ron:

Since he frequently contradicts himself his statements can't be trusted at all, you have to watch his actions to even guess about his positions or plans (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?521272-How-much-trust-do-you-put-in-current-President-s-promises-and-statements&p=6616066&viewfull=1#post6616066).

I certainly hope this time he means it and exit will happen.

But if you don't mind, I'm going to ask both Ron and Swordsmyth on this given MAGA's past joking on this topic.

Swordsmyth
10-07-2019, 05:34 PM
President Trump (https://thehill.com/people/donald-trump) on Monday dug in on his decision to pull U.S. troops out of northern Syria as Turkey prepares an operation in the region, while members of his own party lined up to criticize the move.
Speaking to reporters in the Roosevelt Room of the White House, Trump said he has "great respect" for the prominent Republicans who are urging him to reconsider (https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/464635-gop-lawmakers-blast-trumps-syria-decision-as-grave-mistake-disaster-in-the) his strategy but that "it's time to come back home."
"We’ve been there for many, many, many years beyond what we were supposed to be. Not fighting. Just there. Just there. And it’s time to come back home," Trump said in his first public remarks since the shift was announced late Sunday.

"But I can understand the other side of it," he continued. "But if you go by the other side, that means we should never, ever come home."
The president lamented that the most difficult aspect of his job is writing letters to the families of soldiers killed overseas. He described writing to families of soldiers killed by mines or snipers, calling it "devastating."
"We’re willing to do what we have to do, but there has to be an endgame," he said. "And if you stay, it’s going to be the same thing. Eventually you’re going to have to leave."

Trump was asked Monday afternoon about the barrage of criticism that rolled in throughout the day from the likes of Graham, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (https://thehill.com/people/mitch-mcconnell) (R-Ky.) and former Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley (https://thehill.com/people/nimrata-nikki-haley), all of whom argued a U.S. retreat could harm relationships with allies and lay the foundation for a resurgence of ISIS.
He replied that "many people" strongly agree with his viewpoint. Sen. Rand Paul (https://thehill.com/people/rand-paul) (R-Ky.) has been among his most vocal cheerleaders, though most Republicans have called on Trump to rethink the move.
"I respect both opinions," he said. "The problem with the other opinion is when do we leave? When do we leave? We’re going to stay there forever?"
Trump also insisted he wasn't "siding with anybody" with the decision.
Asked about the Kurdish fighters, thousands of whom have died fighting alongside U.S. forces in the region and the remainder of whom would be vulnerable without U.S. support, Trump described them as a "natural enemy" of Turkey before arguing against prolonged American involvement.
Trump had doubled down and defended his strategy throughout the day. In tweets and comments in the Roosevelt Room, he chiefly argued that he campaigned on a pledge to end U.S. involvement in "endless wars" and that American forces should not serve as a global police force.

More at: https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/464742-trump-defends-syria-move-its-time-to-come-home

Stratovarious
10-07-2019, 05:52 PM
Besides showig bold leadership at at home, MAGA is continuing to raise his stature on globalist stage also with a new global order in mideast to rearrange Syria, Turkey, Israel, Kurdish, Palestinian dynamics. Perhaps not just modern day Abraham Lincoln wrt 'civil war' at home but for civil wars in foreign countries also.

Trump Endorses Turkish Military Operation in Syria, Shifting U.S. Policy (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?539937-Trump-Endorses-Turkish-Military-Operation-in-Syria-Shifting-U-S-Policy&)

Related

US, Turkey launch joint patrols in planned Syria 'safe zone' (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?538970-US-Turkey-launch-joint-patrols-in-planned-Syria-safe-zone&)

ISIS and Israel attack Syrian Army (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?485502-ISIS-and-Israel-attack-Syrian-Army&)

What if Sheldon Adelson and AIPAC Gave a War and No One Came?
http://www.europereloaded.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/SyrianpulloutBolton.jpg
https://www.nationaljournal.com/s/70984/sheldon-adelson-president-obama-i-would-be-willing-help-syria

Israel Has not Targeted ISIS Since their Appearance in Syria (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?496597-Israel-Mourns-The-Dead-in-FL-Israel-Has-not-Targeted-ISIS-Since-their-Appearance-in-Syria&)

Syria shoots down Israeli warplane as conflict escalates
Image caption The Israeli F-16 jet crashed near a village in northern Israel
An Israeli F-16 fighter jet has crashed after being hit by Syrian air defences during an offensive in Syria, the Israeli military says.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-43014081

(https://www.europereloaded.com/bolton-in-israel-torpedoes-trumps-syria-troop-withdrawal-but-erdogan-strikes-back/)Golan Heights: Israel unveils 'Trump Heights' settlement (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?535716-Golan-Heights-Israel-unveils-Trump-Heights-settlement&)
https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/10CB/production/_107399240_hi054680562.jpg
Israel seized the Golan from Syria in the 1967 Middle East war. In March, the US became the first country to recognise Israeli sovereignty over the area since Israel effectively annexed it in 1981.

(https://www.europereloaded.com/bolton-in-israel-torpedoes-trumps-syria-troop-withdrawal-but-erdogan-strikes-back/)

That wasn't a war, Israel went in by force just like Hitler and robbed the land.
You'd think Israel would want to learn from Hitler's mistakes, they just keep repeating them.

eleganz
10-07-2019, 07:40 PM
Today's MSM talking point : Trump is abandoning our allies

MSM, Neocons, establishment all attacking him.

And on RPF? Orange man bad

:monocle:

ChiefJustice
10-07-2019, 08:16 PM
Today's MSM talking point : Trump is abandoning our allies

MSM, Neocons, establishment all attacking him.

And on RPF? Orange man bad

:monocle:

“In my great and unmatched wisdom”.

How do you jokers defend him at all? Regardless of the Syria situation.

Swordsmyth
10-07-2019, 08:21 PM

"Orange Man BAD!" is all you've got.

Pauls' Revere
10-07-2019, 08:32 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-my-great-unmatched-wisdom-totally-destroy-obliterate-turkey-syria-170430952.html

Hours after announcing his decision to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria — provoking alarm and outrage among foreign policy experts, Republican officials and right-wing commentators who warn it could empower ISIS in the region — President Trump on Monday defended the move as an expression of his “great and unmatched wisdom.” He coupled it with a warning that he’d “totally destroy and obliterate” the economy of Turkey if he’s unhappy with how the country carries out its planned assault on Kurdish fighters.
“As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!),” the president tweeted. “They must, with Europe and others, watch over the captured ISIS fighters and families.
“The U.S. has done far more than anyone could have ever expected, including the capture of 100% of the ISIS Caliphate,” Trump added. “It is time now for others in the region, some of great wealth, to protect their own territory. THE USA IS GREAT!”

Zigs, no! Zags!. Crazy Ivan! Dam, someone got any ideas wth is going on?

UWDude
10-07-2019, 08:35 PM

Did you dig out your sock puppet to clean it after all those lonely nights, or were you just going to have to use it again?
If you squint real hard, it looks like a real poster.

vita3
10-07-2019, 08:39 PM
Probably going to move some US troops to E Syria where oil & gas $$ are controlled,

XNavyNuke
10-07-2019, 08:40 PM
Interesting. Hope US troops actually get removed and come home.

More likely they will be redeployed to some other sandbox or tropical cesspool with a lower public profile. There's money to be made and the swamp is nowhere near drained.

XNN

shakey1
10-07-2019, 09:24 PM
Liz Cheney calls Trump's Syria move 'a catastrophic mistake'

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/464671-liz-cheney-calls-trumps-syria-move-a-catastrophic-mistake

She can blow me.

enhanced_deficit
10-07-2019, 11:55 PM
While it was not aimed to create a distraction from Whistleblower scandal or massive bloodbath in Iraq following suspected Israeli strikes/foreign intervention, earlier Syria green light reporting appears to be fakenews that has been fixed:

White House fixes fakenews : Trump didn't give Turkey a "green light" in Syria (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?539964-White-House-fixes-fakenews-Trump-didn-t-give-Turkey-a-quot-green-light-quot-in-Syria&)

Swordsmyth
10-08-2019, 12:30 AM
The spambot is going ballistic and trying to portray Trump's pulling out of Syria as a bad thing, it obviously has a zionist warmonger agenda in spite of its attempts to feign otherwise, Trump has never been the warmonger it wants so it has constantly tried to trick those who support him for not being a warmonger into rejecting him so he can be replaced by a zionist approved warmonger.

Swordsmyth
10-08-2019, 12:38 AM
Q Mr. President, are you confident that — are you confident that these gentlemen — I guess, mostly who are sitting around you — believe what you’re doing in Syria is the best idea at this point?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, we’ve been in Syria for a long time.
And it was supposed to be a very short hit, and — hit on ISIS. But it didn’t work out that way. They never left. And they’ve been there for many, many years. And we are — we were down to very few soldiers in Syria. We had 50 in the region that you’re talking about — 50 soldiers — and they’ve been already moved out.

But we’ll see what happens with respect to a lot of different things. We’ve told Turkey — I spoke with President Erdoğan of Turkey, and I said, “Got to treat them good, and you got to take care of ISIS.” Don’t forget, we’ve captured — we defeated — this group, largely — defeated ISIS. One hundred percent of the caliphate. One hundred percent. And we wanted to do 100 percent. I was going to do this nine months ago, and we were not at 100 percent, but we were pretty close. Everyone said, “Can we get to 100 percent?” Now I get to 100 percent, and they say, “Well, maybe we could stay longer.” I say, “Well, when do we get out?” There’s got to be a time we get out. We have to bring our people back home.
And frankly, our great soldiers have been talking about this on the campaign. You go back three years ago and more, and you watch the speeches. We want to bring our soldiers back home. These are the endless wars.
And we’re not fighting; we’re policing, to a large extent. We’re policing in certain areas. We’re not police, we’re — these are fighters, great fighters; the greatest in the world. And that’s what they do.
So I’ve told President Erdoğan — I hope he’s going to treat everybody with great respect. You have to understand, they’ve been fighting various of the people that we were working with, and they — Turkey has been fighting them for many years. Somebody said hundreds of years. You had just mentioned to me yesterday, 200 years, maybe more.
At some point, we have to bring our people back home. And that’s what we’re doing. That’s what we’re doing.
Q Is it a firm decision, sir?
THE PRESIDENT: It’s always a firm decision. Last time I made a firm decision, but — and I said, “We’ll do it over a period of time.” We’ve been doing this, actually, over a period of time — over a very long period of time. And we’ve been working with the people in this room, and our soldiers have been coming back over that period of time.

More at: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-briefing-military-leaders/

ChiefJustice
10-08-2019, 12:48 AM
Did you dig out your sock puppet to clean it after all those lonely nights, or were you just going to have to use it again?
If you squint real hard, it looks like a real poster.
You seem agitated that you cannot defend Trump’s delusions of grandeur. Perhaps you even agree with it.

ChiefJustice
10-08-2019, 12:50 AM
"Orange Man BAD!" is all you've got.
I think it is you who has to consider that you’ve got literally nothing left to defend Donald. Follow your Dear Leader despite his delusions.

Swordsmyth
10-08-2019, 12:54 AM
I think it is you who has to consider that you’ve got literally nothing left to defend Donald. Follow your Dear Leader despite his delusions.
LOL

DJTvsg is the best POTUS since Coolidge and his recent decision to finish pulling out of Syria proves it.

You've got nothing of substance so you are trying a pathetic attack on his style.

UWDude
10-08-2019, 10:24 AM
Spammy spam spam spam spam

Debatable new viral spam technique shows spamming with copy and paste is not pro-MAGA zionist funded networking.

Related:

MAGA non-Spammer is Dead to Me (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?539960-MAGA-non-Spammer-is-Dead-to-Me&p=6870595&viewfull=1#post6870595)

Zippyjuan
10-08-2019, 11:45 AM
More likely they will be redeployed to some other sandbox or tropical cesspool with a lower public profile. There's money to be made and the swamp is nowhere near drained.

XNN

I believe they are just moving to another part of Syria rather than get in the way of Turkey going after the Christian Kurds. Kurds were the ones doing most of the fighting against ISIS (which Trump was taking credit for) and helped stabilize Iraq. Trump said he would never forget them and their sacrifice. Didn't take long to forget. People will be much less willing to help the US with anything in the future. Trump is all about Trump.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/10/reminder-trump-has-a-massive-conflict-of-interest-in-turkey/

Whatever else it may be, Trump’s policy toward Turkey is also a significant conflict of interest, as Trump himself has admitted. In 2015, while running for president, Trump gave an interview to Stephen Bannon, not yet his campaign manager, in which he talked about Turkey. Right away, he admitted that his business interests in the country would make it difficult for him to deal with Turkey with a clear mind.

Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, left, and U.S. President Donald Trump at the June 2019 G-20 conference in Osaka, Japan. Presidential Press Service/Pool Photo via AP

Late Sunday night, the Trump administration announced that US troops would be pulling back from their positions northern Syria, allowing Turkey to move into a region controlled by Kurdish forces that had fought with the US against ISIS. Trump’s announcement is a big win for Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, and it has already enraged many in American national security circles—including Trump allies—who say it reverses years of US policy. Kurdish leaders are being more blunt, saying it qualifies as a betrayal.

“I have a little conflict of interest ’cause I have a major, major building in Istanbul.”
Whatever else it may be, Trump’s policy toward Turkey is also a significant conflict of interest, as Trump himself has admitted. In 2015, while running for president, Trump gave an interview to Stephen Bannon, not yet his campaign manager, in which he talked about Turkey. Right away, he admitted that his business interests in the country would make it difficult for him to deal with Turkey with a clear mind.

“I have a little conflict of interest ’cause I have a major, major building in Istanbul,” Trump told Bannon during a Breitbart radio show. “It’s a tremendously successful job. It’s called Trump Towers—two towers, instead of one, not the usual one, it’s two.”

Those Trump Towers are a pair of glass buildings in Istanbul that have borne Trump’s name since 2012. Trump doesn’t own the buildings—the situation might be less complicated if he did. Instead, Trump licenses his brand to the building’s actual owner, Turkish business magnate Aydin Dogan, who has been described as the single largest payer of taxes in Turkey. He’s a one-time antagonist of Erdogan who is now in step with the strongman.

The conflict of interest and the way it could affect Trump’s position on important issues—or at least the perception of how it could affect his position—quickly became obvious after Trump made this comment. In June 2016, after Trump said he supported a ban on immigration by people from countries he said were associated with Islamic terrorism—he called them “terror countries”—Erdogan objected, and so did Dogan, and both threatened to remove Trump’s name from the buildings.

That’s no small threat—according to personal financial disclosures filed by Trump, since he launched his bid for the presidency, he has earned somewhere between $3.2 million and $17 million in royalties from the deal. (The amounts are given in ranges; the precise figures are unclear.)

UWDude
10-08-2019, 11:52 AM
Kurds were the ones doing most of the fighting against ISIS

Total lie.

The SAA (Assads Syrian Arab Army) killed by far the most ISIS fighters. the Kurds did not even care about ISIS until Assad wiped out ISIS in the east and started heading for the Euphrates. Then the Kurds suddenly started fighting ISIS to grab as much land as possible before Assad arrived.

Kurds have always had the option of rejoining Syria. They dont have to be slaughtered by the Turks.

UWDude
10-08-2019, 11:57 AM
Turkey going after the Christian Kurds

total lie #2

Turkey is going after all Kurds, not just the tiny minority of Kurds that are Christian. (most Kurds are muslim)

but how informed do you expect from somebody who gets his news from the MSM?

UWDude
10-08-2019, 08:32 PM
Trump Endorses Turkish Military Operation in Syria, Shifting U.S. Policy

Trump Criticized For Breaking With Longstanding American Tradition Of Remaining In Middle Eastern Countries Indefinitely (https://babylonbee.com/news/trump-criticized-for-breaking-longstanding-american-tradition-of-remaining-in-middle-eastern-countries-indefinitely)

Swordsmyth
10-08-2019, 08:37 PM
Trump Criticized For Breaking With Longstanding American Tradition Of Remaining In Middle Eastern Countries Indefinitely (https://babylonbee.com/news/trump-criticized-for-breaking-longstanding-american-tradition-of-remaining-in-middle-eastern-countries-indefinitely)
Reality Criticized For Not More Clearly Distinguishing Itself From Satire (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?539139-Reality-Criticized-For-Not-More-Clearly-Distinguishing-Itself-From-Satire)

juleswin
10-08-2019, 08:43 PM
Total lie.

The SAA (Assads Syrian Arab Army) killed by far the most ISIS fighters. the Kurds did not even care about ISIS until Assad wiped out ISIS in the east and started heading for the Euphrates. Then the Kurds suddenly started fighting ISIS to grab as much land as possible before Assad arrived.

Kurds have always had the option of rejoining Syria. They dont have to be slaughtered by the Turks.

Zippy at it again pushing neocon policies. Somethings just never change around here

tommyrp12
10-09-2019, 11:43 AM
Live map: https://syria.liveuamap.com/

Swordsmyth
10-15-2019, 12:26 AM
Trump said the approximately 1,000 U.S. troops who had been partnering with local Kurdish fighters to battle IS in northern Syria are leaving the country. They will remain in the Middle East, he said, to "monitor the situation" and to prevent a revival of IS — a goal that even Trump's allies say has become much harder as a result of the U.S. pullout.

American troops consolidated their positions in northern Syria on Monday and prepared to evacuate equipment in advance of a full withdrawal, (https://www.apnews.com/adb86acaaa664d28b3bd1ad8d7e851f0) a U.S. defense official said.
The official, who was not authorized to be quoted by name, said U.S. officials were weighing options for a potential future counter-IS campaign, including the possibility of waging it with a combination of air power and special operations forces based outside Syria, perhaps in Iraq.
The hurried preparations for a U.S. exit were triggered by Trump's decision Saturday to expand a limited troop pullout into a complete withdrawal.

The only exception to the U.S. withdrawal from Syria is a group of perhaps 200 troops who will remain at a base called Tanf in southern Syria near the Jordanian border along the strategically important Baghdad-to-Damascus highway. Those troops work with Syrian opposition forces unrelated to the Kurdish-led fighters in northern Syria.
Esper said the U.S. withdrawal would be done carefully to protect the troops and to ensure no U.S. equipment was left behind. He declined to say how long that might take.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/us-pulling-northern-syria-full-043158088.html

Swordsmyth
10-15-2019, 02:58 PM
After defeating 100% of the ISIS Caliphate, I largely moved our troops out of Syria. Let Syria and Assad protect the Kurds and fight Turkey for their own land. I said to my Generals, why should we be fighting for Syria….
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 14, 2019 (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1183822488192671745?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

….and Assad to protect the land of our enemy? Anyone who wants to assist Syria in protecting the Kurds is good with me, whether it is Russia, China, or Napoleon Bonaparte. I hope they all do great, we are 7,000 miles away!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 14, 2019 (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1183822494031065088?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

Some people want the United States to protect the 7,000 mile away Border of Syria, presided over by Bashar al-Assad, our enemy. At the same time, Syria and whoever they chose to help, wants naturally to protect the Kurds….
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 14, 2019 (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1183823969197146115?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

….I would much rather focus on our Southern Border which abuts and is part of the United States of America. And by the way, numbers are way down and the WALL is being built!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 14, 2019 (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1183823970979713024?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

Swordsmyth
10-15-2019, 03:37 PM
Pentagon Confirms Manbij Handed Over To Russia As US Forces Filmed Departing (https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/pentagon-confirms-manbij-handed-over-russia-us-forces-filmed-departing)

TheCount
10-15-2019, 11:10 PM
Trump said the approximately 1,000 U.S. troops who had been partnering with local Kurdish fighters to battle IS in northern Syria are leaving the country.

Sounds legit.

Origanalist
10-16-2019, 07:07 AM
https://cdn.minds.com/fs/v1/thumbnail/1031122016137252864/xlarge?jwtsig=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9 .eyJleHAiOjE1NzUxNTg0MDAsInVyaSI6Imh0dHBzOlwvXC9jZ G4ubWluZHMuY29tXC9mc1wvdjFcL3RodW1ibmFpbFwvMTAzMTE yMjAxNjEzNzI1Mjg2NFwveGxhcmdlIiwidXNlcl9ndWlkIjoiN jQ4OTAyNjkwNTU3OTI3NDM0In0.8AN3aE40WUmf0jRkNubdIEM i6G8Nd0NpXyeRgHxlvAc

enhanced_deficit
10-16-2019, 07:29 PM
If a new civil started between Putin's emerging allies and Israel's recent enemies Iran and Turkey as result of latest MAGA encouraged fighting in Syria, without any US troops there we'll have no way to extert influence. So troops are not leaving Syria now.

With Putin's help, Iran and Turkey were becoming dangerously close

https://www.aljazeera.com/mritems/imagecache/mbdxxlarge/mritems/Images/2019/2/13/7bdc40b67f6547a2a71e984d7ae73ed1_18.jpg

Smart 3D move by MAGA to invite Turkey's military in Syria, a step that Iran had opposed. This may boost same strategic puprposes as were aimed with Iran sanctions and Syria bombing earlier but with lesser hands on involvement.

Credit shoud also go to Netanyahu and Sheldon Adelson for going along with such a visionary step.

Related

US sending thousands of more troops to mideast, total to reach 14,000 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?540247-Standing-with-allies-US-sending-thousands-of-more-troops-to-mideast-total-to-reach-14-000&)

Anti Globalist
10-16-2019, 08:24 PM
https://cdn.minds.com/fs/v1/thumbnail/1031122016137252864/xlarge?jwtsig=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9 .eyJleHAiOjE1NzUxNTg0MDAsInVyaSI6Imh0dHBzOlwvXC9jZ G4ubWluZHMuY29tXC9mc1wvdjFcL3RodW1ibmFpbFwvMTAzMTE yMjAxNjEzNzI1Mjg2NFwveGxhcmdlIiwidXNlcl9ndWlkIjoiN jQ4OTAyNjkwNTU3OTI3NDM0In0.8AN3aE40WUmf0jRkNubdIEM i6G8Nd0NpXyeRgHxlvAc
She would believe this. Shes that goddamn stupid.

Swordsmyth
10-17-2019, 04:07 PM
Democrats walked out of a meeting with President Trump on Syria policy, after he apparently called Pelosi a “third-rate politician” and suggested the Democrats probably liked communist Islamic State terrorists in the Middle East because they share the same ideology (https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi-dems-trump-syria-white-house-meeting-storm-out)