PDA

View Full Version : Trump told House Republicans that he made Ukraine call because of Perry: Report

Zippyjuan
10-05-2019, 07:01 PM
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/464518-trump-told-house-republicans-that-he-made-ukraine-call-because-of

Wasn't me man, Rick made me do it! Always blame somebody else if you can. (though I don't recall seeing anything about natural gas in the released summary of the conversation)

According to Axios, President Trump told House Republicans that he was urged by Energy Secretary Rick Perry to make his July 25 phone call to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

Trump told fellow party members "not a lot of people know this but, I didn't even want to make the call," a source who was on the call told the news outlet.

"The only reason I made the call was because Rick asked me to. Something about an LNG [liquified natural gas] plant," Trump added.

The president's comments put a twist on the narrative surrounding House Democrats' impeachment inquiry.

Text messages between White House officials and former Zelensky aide Andrey Yermak were released earlier this week. None of the messages suggest that Perry was the reason behind Trump's phone call.

Perry headed a U.S. delegation to Ukraine in May for Zelensky's inauguration but reportedly told the Chirstian Broadcasting Network that "as God is my witness" neither former Vice President Joe Biden or his son, Hunter Biden, came up in conversation.

“Secretary Perry absolutely supported and encouraged the president to speak to the new president of Ukraine to discuss matters related to their energy security and economic development," Perry's spokeswoman Shaylyn Hynes told Axios.

Perry is reportedly set to resign from his position as Energy Secretary at the end of the year.

Swordsmyth
10-05-2019, 07:07 PM
Irrelevant, Trump did nothing wrong.

enhanced_deficit
10-05-2019, 11:41 PM
Irrelevant, Trump did nothing wrong.

Heard 9/11 hero Rudy Giuliani make the same claim on TV using various arguments. But host appeared to mock him.

Cutlerzzz
10-05-2019, 11:43 PM
I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone with this many scapegoats before.

Working with Trump really is selling your soul to the devil.

Swordsmyth
10-06-2019, 01:27 AM
a source who was on the call told the news outlet.:rolleyes:

tfurrh
10-06-2019, 09:19 AM
Word is Perry will resign?

sparebulb
10-06-2019, 10:28 AM

I wonder if Ricky will remember which department in which he is the head.

Pauls' Revere
10-06-2019, 10:37 AM
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/464518-trump-told-house-republicans-that-he-made-ukraine-call-because-of

Wasn't me man, Rick made me do it! Always blame somebody else if you can. (though I don't recall seeing anything about natural gas in the released summary of the conversation)

Perry headed a U.S. delegation to Ukraine in May for Zelensky's inauguration but reportedly told the Christian Broadcasting Network that "as God is my witness" neither former Vice President Joe Biden nor his son Hunter Biden came up in conversation.
"Secretary Perry absolutely supported and encouraged the president to speak to the new president of Ukraine to discuss matters related to their energy security and economic development," Perry's spokeswoman Shaylyn Hynes told Axios.
Perry is reportedly set to resign from his position as Energy secretary at the end of the year.

Seems to me the article contradicts itself.

kpitcher
10-06-2019, 12:50 PM
I'm too young to have seen this at the time, but it appears he's taking talking points from Nixon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh163n1lJ4M

UWDude
10-06-2019, 12:57 PM

He planned to before the who fake Ukrainian impeachment hoax. He is resigning at the end of the year.

Here comes the Zippy headline, which will be "true":

Disgraced Energy Secretary Perry resigns amid Ukrainian quid-pro-quo Scandal

he is "disgraced" because he works for Trump
HE is indeed the Energy Secretary
His indeed is resigning
there is indeed a "Ukrainian-Quid_pro_quo scandal"