PDA

View Full Version : US-North Korea nuclear talks have broken off, North Korean negotiator says

TheCount
10-05-2019, 12:43 PM
Working-level nuclear talks between North Korea and the United States have broken off, North Korea's chief negotiator said on Saturday.

"The negotiations have not fulfilled our expectation and finally broke off," the North's chief nuclear negotiator, Kim Myong Gil, told reporters through an interpreter outside the country's embassy in Stockholm.

The North Korean delegation arrived in Stockholm on Thursday for the working-level denuclearization talks.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/05/us-north-korea-nuclear-talks-have-broken-off-north-korean-negotiator-says.html

Zippyjuan
10-05-2019, 12:49 PM
They want sanctions removed before they will talk any more. Iran is making the same demand. At least Trump and Kim will have the pictures and those beautiful love letters to remember their brief fling. (sanctions is all they care about- they aren't going to give up their weapons programs which have expanded since their first meeting).

The Art of the Deal is not making many deals.

enhanced_deficit
10-05-2019, 12:57 PM
The Art of the Deal is not making many deals.

Granted MAGA's deal making skills are not perfect , you can't say that he has not made any successful deals. His deal with Pelsoi-Schumer team to end gov shutdown is reagrded as one of the biggest deals in modern history that restored much needed biggest gov spending.

TheCount
10-05-2019, 01:00 PM
I suspect that it failed because there was no commemorative coin made for the occasion.

Zippyjuan
10-05-2019, 01:04 PM
I suspect that it failed because there was no commemorative coin made for the occasion.

https://www.whitehousegiftshop.com/product-p/summitcoin.htm

COIN, KOREA SINGAPORE SUMMIT LIMITED & EDGE NUMBERED HISTORIC MOMENTS COLLECTION, PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP & NORTH KOREA LEADER KIM JONG-UN, ORIGINAL OFFICIAL WHITE HOUSE GIFT SHOP SEEN IN GLOBAL NEWS, ALSO AVAILABLE FROM OUR SOUTH KOREAN AFFILIATE

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/410/cpsprodpb/C21D/production/_101739694_mediaitem101739693.jpg

Only $100.

UWDude
10-05-2019, 01:08 PM
Look at all these agents of the deep state giving Trump free publicity so he can get re-elected.

My eyes have been opened, i now finally see how Trump, the Clintons, the media, and all the internet trolls are actually all secretly working together to give Trump free publicity!

You are all agents of Adelson-MAGA deep state!

Conspiracy FACT!!!

enhanced_deficit
10-06-2019, 12:36 PM

I dunno, media's negative role mocking MAGA's competence could be a factor too. Last time even when there were coins, things did not go as expected.

Media cartoons cross the line as White House Coins honoring NKorea's Supreme Leader go on sale (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?522530-Media-cartoons-cross-the-line-as-White-House-Coins-honoring-NKorea-s-Supreme-Leader-go-on-sale&)

https://cdnph.upi.com/svc/sv/upi/5921526932661/2018/1/da8557996c9c6d6008e1ba89242c20bb/Trump-administration-releases-North-Korea-summit-coin.jpg

http://www.cartoonistgroup.com/properties/anderson/art_images/cg5afd18a146b7e.jpg

UWDude
10-06-2019, 12:44 PM
Let me guess the above post:

Adelson-MAGA A$AP Rocky race mixing Tommy Robinson is a Jew who is pro-Indian collusion with the MAGA-Modi axis.
Sources say this powerful viral David Icke meme proves it all.

And a bunch of links and bumps of old threads.

TheCount
10-06-2019, 12:53 PM
I dunno, media's negative role mocking MAGA's competence could be a factor too. Last time even when there were coins, things did not go as expected.

I was told that the first meeting brought us peace on the Korean peninsula. Are you saying that is not true?

UWDude
10-06-2019, 06:01 PM
I was told that the first meeting brought us peace on the Korean peninsula. Are you saying that is not true?

It is not true. War, massacres, bombings and bloodshed are rampant in the Koreas right now.
I'd dare say Korea is more dangerous than Chicago, if you want to talk DMZs (demilitarized zones aka zones where weapons are prohibited aka areas of strong gun control).

Just wait until Korea decides to unite, AND keep its nuclear weapons. Japan and China gonna be mad.

TheCount
10-06-2019, 06:16 PM
It is not true. War, massacres, bombings and bloodshed are rampant in the Koreas right now.
I'd dare say Korea is more dangerous than Chicago, if you want to talk DMZs (demilitarized zones aka zones where weapons are prohibited aka areas of strong gun control).

Cool story bro.

Just wait until Korea decides to unite, AND keep its nuclear weapons. Japan and China gonna be mad.

Oh man, it's going to be so exciting when that doesn't happen.

UWDude
10-06-2019, 06:17 PM

Just like the war breaking out over Korea right now.

You know, the Korea you said was not at peace?

TheCount
10-06-2019, 06:18 PM
Just like the war breaking out over Korea right now.

You know, the Korea you said was not at peace?

Correct. The Korean war is still ongoing.

It's every bit as at war as it was in 2016. Y'know, the opposite of what you said.

UWDude
10-06-2019, 06:19 PM
The Korean war is still ongoing.

It's every bit as at war as it was in 2016.

Ooooh! Big war! How many dead soldiers? 10? Maybe 5?

UWDude
10-06-2019, 06:22 PM
Waiting for Googly-googler to look up how many died this year in the Korean War.

TheCount
10-06-2019, 06:25 PM
Ooooh! Big war! How many dead soldiers? 10? Maybe 5?

About 200,000 on one side and 700,000 on the other side.

Plus maybe 2 million civilians.

UWDude
10-06-2019, 06:26 PM

OH NO!

How many died since 2016?

UWDude
10-06-2019, 06:27 PM
Oh No!

How many this year alone?

UWDude
10-06-2019, 06:27 PM
Waiting for Googly-googler to look up how many died this year in the Korean War.

tsk tsk

TheCount
10-06-2019, 06:28 PM
OH NO!

Good question. You'd have to ask the government, though. I don't think that those records are public.

UWDude
10-06-2019, 06:28 PM
NOw powerful archivist is going through my posts, looking for optimistic quotes about prospects in Korea.

UWDude
10-06-2019, 06:30 PM
Good question. You'd have to ask the government, though. I don't think that those records are public.

Try zero.

Yeah.

Big war bro. Huge war in Korea.

You are the one telling me there is war in Korea.

You're just some person on the internet who believes in things that aren't real.

UWDude
10-06-2019, 06:32 PM
Member when NK shelled SK, killing 22?

I member.

Member the sinking of the Cheonan?

I member.

Member when Trump was the first sitting president to meet with the president of North Korea?

I member.

TheCount
10-06-2019, 06:34 PM
OH NO!

Oh No!

How many this year alone?

tsk tsk

NOw powerful archivist is going through my posts, looking for optimistic quotes about prospects in Korea.

Try zero.

Yeah.

Big war bro. Huge war in Korea.

You are the one telling me there is war in Korea.

You're just some person on the internet who believes in things that aren't real.

Member when NK shelled SK, killing 22?

I member.

Member the sinking of the Cheonan?

I member.

Member when Trump was the first sitting president to meet with the president of North Korea?

I member.

Are you triggered again? You should really consider taking some chamomile extract or anti-anxiety meds or something. Seems like this would be crippling to live with.

There is war in Korea. Casualties are low because both sides signed a ceasefire. Even your idol, the human personification of the Annoying Orange, agrees:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/joint-statement-president-donald-j-trump-united-states-america-chairman-kim-jong-un-democratic-peoples-republic-korea-singapore-summit/

UWDude
10-06-2019, 06:35 PM
There is war in Korea.

Big war, bro.

No sane person would call nobody dead for years peace.

UWDude
10-06-2019, 06:35 PM
Are you triggered again?

Aww, the lab mouse is mirroring again.

I keep him in the low IQ experiments.

Gee, I wonder how you are feeling right now?

:tears:

TheCount
10-06-2019, 06:47 PM
Big war, bro.

No sane person would call nobody dead for years peace.

If the measure of war and peace is a body count, then how did a handshake meeting between politicians create peace?

UWDude
10-06-2019, 06:49 PM
If the measure of war and peace is a body count, then how did a handshake meeting between politicians create peace?

TheCount
10-06-2019, 06:52 PM

The Korean War casualty numbers are probably in a safe next to Trump's Drone War casualty numbers.

UWDude
10-06-2019, 06:52 PM
The Korean War casualty numbers are probably in a safe next to Trump's Drone War casualty numbers.

No they aren't.

TheCount
10-06-2019, 06:55 PM
No they aren't.

Maybe they're both 0!

That makes sense, because Trump is a noted peacenik non-interventionist who hates wars and certainly wouldn't support one. Or order one. Or delegate one.

UWDude
10-06-2019, 06:56 PM
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/05/us-north-korea-nuclear-talks-have-broken-off-north-korean-negotiator-says.html

Cool story bro.

Correct. The Korean war is still ongoing.
It's every bit as at war as it was in 2016. Y'know, the opposite of what you said.

Maybe they're both 0!
That makes sense, because Trump is a noted peacenik non-interventionist who hates wars and certainly wouldn't support one. Or order one. Or delegate one.
Are you triggered again?

Try some chamomile tea or up your anti-anxiety meds.

TheCount
10-07-2019, 08:58 AM
Are you triggered again?

Try some chamomile tea or up your anti-anxiety meds.

There's a slight difference between responding to another's posts and frantically posting multiple times in the same minute, desperately wondering why the other person hasn't responded to you in the last 60 seconds.

It's kind of sad, really.

UWDude
10-07-2019, 09:29 AM
There's a slight difference between responding to another's posts and frantically posting multiple times in the same minute, desperately wondering why the other person hasn't responded to you in the last 60 seconds.

It's kind of sad, really.

Still triggered 14 hours later?

Doubling the Xanax did not work?

Try this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow_9MglZrhs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow_9MglZrhs