PDA

View Full Version : President Trump is modern day Abraham Lincoln

enhanced_deficit
10-01-2019, 10:53 PM
Civil War: President Trump is modern day 'Abraham Lincoln'

Dems may rush to dismiss 'civil war' analogies by him but MAGA and his supporters seem to see him as modern day Abe Lincoln, and their claim may not be entirely without merit considering his strong record already on civil rights, global campaign against anti-semitism, LGBTQ rights, gun control, prison reform, support for inter racial romance/anti anti-White Slace act, threats to Sweden for immediate release of Somali-America rapper Rocky A$AP, hosting Vann Jones at CPAC 2019, minority housing opportunities investments via Kushner, his administration labeling recent gun shootings as 'white terrorism', DACA, NAFTA 2.0 and list of his bold record is still growing.
MAGA very likely sees himself wining this 'civil war' just as his hero Abe Lincoln won in the last one.

One of Trump's geatest heroes is civil war icon Abe Lincoln and Trump sees himself as the greatest leader since Lincoln.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNvWO75KQnM

At ADL, Rod Rosenstein praises Trump — and extols those who defend the rule of law
By Ron Kampeas May 7, 2018
WASHINGTON (JTA) — Rod Rosenstein came to the annual conference of the Anti-Defamation League with plaudits for Donald Trump despite being at the center of the president’s contentious relationship with his Justice Department.
He extolled Trump’s call for unity in the wake of the Charlottesville white supremacist rally in August that turned deadly and compared him to Abraham Lincoln.
https://www.jta.org/2018/05/07/polit...rtyrs-rule-law (https://www.jta.org/2018/05/07/politics/adl-rod-rosenstein-praises-trump-extols-martyrs-rule-law)

Dinesh D’Souza Compares Donald Trump to Abraham Lincoln

https://www.dineshdsouza.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/can-we-save-graphic-1.jpg

Related

Trump 'Civil War' Quote Tweet Is Actually Grounds for Impeachment, Says Harvard Law Professor (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?539738-Trump-Civil-War-Quote-Tweet-Is-Actually-Grounds-for-Impeachment-Says-Harvard-Law-Professor&)

CaptainAmerica
10-01-2019, 10:56 PM
Trump is George Washington, and altgother his own because he never needed wealth of office like the piece of shit before him

enhanced_deficit
10-01-2019, 11:02 PM
While GW may have been a bold leader also but unlike Lincoln and Trump, he apparently owned slaves and was not really involved in the kind of civil wars that Lincoln and Trump may have faced. He was strong on civil liberties but his civil rights record is not as clear as that of Lincoln or MAGA.

CaptainAmerica
10-01-2019, 11:07 PM
While GW may have been a bold leader also but unlike Lincoln and Trump, he apparently owned slaves and was not really involved in the kind of civil wars that Lincoln and Trump may have faced. He was strong on civil liberties but his civil rights record is not as clear as that of Lincoln or MAGA.

a lot of people will hate me for this. Donald Trump has proven himself to be one of the greatest if not greatest president the united states has ever seen through and through for decisions, leadership and character AS a president. Potentially the last president we ever have , before a full blown dictatorship

timosman
10-01-2019, 11:08 PM

Your constant use of MAGA when referring to POTUS indicates you might not be happy with the present occupant of the White House. Who would you rather see there? :confused:

Swordsmyth
10-01-2019, 11:10 PM
Lincoln trashed everyone's civil rights and the fact that GW inherited slaves in a system that was set up long before he was born doesn't make Lincoln better than him, GW sought to end slavery while Lincoln offered to preserve it until it was politically advantageous.

Take your leftist garbage elsewhere.

And the Revolution was absolutely a species of civil war.

enhanced_deficit
10-01-2019, 11:13 PM
a lot of people will hate me for this. Donald Trump has proven himself to be one of the greatest if not greatest president the united states has ever seen through and through for decisions, leadership and character AS a president. Potentially the last president we ever have , before a full blown dictatorship

To the contrary, you may get lot of praise also from MAGA supporters who incidentally himself implied that he's more Presidential than George Wshington and ALL the other Presidents (except his hero late great Abe Lincoln):

r3volution 3.0
10-01-2019, 11:16 PM
Someone's sarcasm meter needs recalibrating..

enhanced_deficit
10-01-2019, 11:24 PM
Your constant use of MAGA when referring to POTUS indicates you might not be happy with the present occupant of the White House. Who would you rather see there? :confused:

Being critical in some areas and applaud his strengths in other areas. MAGA is easier to spell and is synonymous with him now, I would use DTS also but may cause confusion.

It's not about any individuals, I'd probably find something to be critical about regardless of who's in the White House.

enhanced_deficit
10-01-2019, 11:34 PM
Lincoln trashed everyone's civil rights and the fact that GW inherited slaves in a system that was set up long before he was born doesn't make Lincoln better than him, GW sought to end slavery while Lincoln offered to preserve it until it was politically advantageous.

Are you mplying POTUS was lying when he called Abe Lincon a great leader? Or are you implying he's more ingnorant or foolish than you?

I can't think of a third possibility if your claim is not fakenews.

otherone
10-02-2019, 05:55 AM
Potentially the last president we ever have , before a full blown dictatorship

Populism is the stalking horse of fascism.

Superfluous Man
10-02-2019, 05:58 AM
The way he talks about what he thinks should be done to those who dissent from him definitely echoes the actions Lincoln took against those who dissented from him.

oyarde
10-02-2019, 06:09 AM
Not even close to lincoln. Get back with me when armies are being raised in the street and he deports the dem speaker ( I would not want to miss that last one ).

Superfluous Man
10-02-2019, 06:12 AM
Not even close to lincoln. Get back with me when armies are being raised in the street and he deports the dem speaker.

He clearly isn't as capable as Lincoln. But he seems to aspire to that level of power. He admires powerful leaders who do those kinds of things, and I'm sure that those are precisely the aspects of Lincoln's regime that Trump is thinking of when he calls him presidential. His followers often share these views, as evidenced by the way they throw words like "treason" around.

Todd
10-02-2019, 06:18 AM
I love these proclamations by boobus Americanus quasi intellectual spunk tards. How in the hell did these people get to power?

I'm sure if I wait long enough I'm going to see one that compares him to Ron Paul. A few Trump Nut suckers on this site have made such claims.

oyarde
10-02-2019, 06:23 AM
He clearly isn't as capable as Lincoln. But he seems to aspire to that level of power. He admires powerful leaders who do those kinds of things, and I'm sure that those are precisely the aspects of Lincoln's regime that Trump is thinking of when he calls him presidential. His followers often share these views, as evidenced by the way they throw words like "treason" around.
He may eventually work himself up to a John Adams Dix level ( Sec of Treas who arrested the maryland legislature ) . Be more fun for me personally , not sure about others.

Anti Globalist
10-02-2019, 07:22 AM
I highly doubt Trump has ever done his research on Lincoln. If he did, he'd realize just how much of a tyrant he actually was.

Superfluous Man
10-02-2019, 07:26 AM
I highly doubt Trump has ever done his research on Lincoln. If he did, he'd realize just how much of a tyrant he actually was.

I also highly doubt that he has ever done much in the way of researching any historical person. But if he did know how much of a tyrant Lincoln was, all available evidence suggests that that would make him admire Lincoln all the more.

Grandmastersexsay
10-02-2019, 07:40 AM
Lincoln was a war criminal, and would have been tried as such if the south had won.

enhanced_deficit
10-02-2019, 06:35 PM
The way he talks about what he thinks should be done to those who dissent from him definitely echoes the actions Lincoln took against those who dissented from him.

Bold leaders appear weak if they don't strong actions against their foes.
Both cared about public/media perceptions if I'm not mistaken.

tfurrh
10-02-2019, 07:07 PM
I don't get enhanced_deficit's threads every time, but this one is golden. The replies are killer b.

enhanced_deficit
10-02-2019, 11:08 PM
Thank you tfurrh :)

CaptainAmerica
10-03-2019, 12:16 AM
Populism is the stalking horse of fascism.

Trump is not a populist. he is a patriot, with imperfect ideas, but an american through and through at the end of the day

acptulsa
10-03-2019, 07:54 AM
Trump is not a populist. he is a patriot, with imperfect ideas, but an american through and through at the end of the day

Oh, no, he's not a populist. And neither were George Wallace and Huey P. Long.

In fact, there's no such thing as a populist. Populists are mythical, like fairies and unicorns. :rolleyes:

Why are you acting like 'populist' and 'patriot' are somehow contradictory? Populists have been patriots, or acted like patriots, for as long as patriotism has been popular. And they will be patriots, or act like patriots, for as long as patriotism remains popular.

enhanced_deficit
10-03-2019, 11:50 AM
If Abe Lincon's civil war was taking place in present era, we would very likely be seeing Abe Lincoln, MAGA and his donors, liberal rising star Cory Booker and his donors all fighting boldly on the same side as a team.

https://pics.me.me/donald-trump-frees-nelson-mandela-from-custody-1990-42197393.png

Trump Takes Mandela Under His Wing
By TRACY WILKINSON June 25, 1990
TIMES STAFF WRITER

After feverish and failed negotiations with everyone from the U.S. government to private charter operators, the unlikely benefactor has turned out to be none other than Donald Trump.
Mandela and the approximately 80 people traveling with him arrived here Sunday in a Trump Shuttle 727 and will take the same plane on the rest of the tour, which ends in Los Angeles and Oakland late this week. The Trump shuttle also carried Mandela from New York to Boston on Saturday.
Christine Dolan, who handled logistics for the trip, said that organizers, desperate to find a plane in time for Mandela’s arrival in the United States last Wednesday, contacted Trump seeking to rent his private jet. He responded that it was being serviced and unavailable but offered to release a 727 from his shuttle fleet, Dolan said.
“The Mandela Welcoming Committee is very thankful to Donald Trump,” Dolan said.
latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1990-06-25-mn-471-story.html

Book: Trump inlaws Kushners funding behind Cory Booker, Kushner dad secretly met Booker (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?533660-Book-Trump-inlaws-Kushners-funding-behind-Cory-Booker-Kushner-dad-secretly-met-Booker&)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/09/23/article-2429926-18340D7100000578-401_634x403.jpg
Cory Booker equates Israel to dream of MLK (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?430895-Cory-Booker-equates-Israel-to-dream-of-MLK&)

enhanced_deficit
10-06-2019, 12:45 PM

That is a strong statement.

On a related note, what are your views about top donor of his 2016 election campaign, respected globalist neoconservative Sheldon Adelson vizavee 'follow the money' doctrine? Do you view his top donor as an America-Firster patriot also?

enhanced_deficit
10-07-2019, 10:16 AM
Besides showig bold leadership at at home, MAGA is continuing to raise his stature on globalist stage also with a new global order in mideast to rearrange Syrian, Turkish, Israeli, Kurdish, Palestinian dynamics among others. Perhaps not just modern day Abraham Lincoln wrt 'civil war' at home but for various civil wars in foreign countries also. Credit goes to both MAGA and rest of GOPA leadership.

US, Turkey launch joint patrols in planned Syria 'safe zone' (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?538970-US-Turkey-launch-joint-patrols-in-planned-Syria-safe-zone&)

Sammy
10-07-2019, 10:28 AM
That's an insult to Trump.

Superfluous Man
10-07-2019, 10:48 AM
That's an insult to Trump.

That's the point.

But notice that Trump is the source.

enhanced_deficit
10-07-2019, 07:37 PM
But notice that Trump is the source.

^this.

UWDude
10-07-2019, 07:38 PM
^this.

^this

enhanced_deficit
10-09-2019, 12:14 AM
Kanye West explains why he supports GOP-MAGA wing.
Although lately media headlines relating to MAGA White House/GOP-Jarvnka wing's minority outreach have revolved around Rocky A$AP saga, Kanye and White House go way back and he was one of the first high profile African-American figures to embrace and be embraced by almost all of White House, a development of post Steve Bannon White House.

https://www.hot97.com/sites/g/files/exi706/f/styles/large_730/public/201910/gettyimages-1051894422.jpg?itok=5soZi9JT

Kanye West Invokes Abraham Lincoln To Explain Why He Defends And Supports President Trump

Oct. 06, 2019
Kanye West is making sure that explains why he continues to support President Trump.
During a Sunday Service session that took place on Saturday afternoon (October 5th), in Salt Lake City, Utah, Ye addressed the crowd and spoke about the stigma of being a Black Republican, and why he feels it is unfair to criticize him for his beliefs.

Ye said,” That’s the Republican Party that freed the slaves. People wanna call me a coon ‘cause I chose my right. And we got the right, right? We got a right to our opinions, right? You Black, so you can’t like Trump. I ain’t never made a decision based on my color. That’s a form of slavery, mental slavery.”

West also went on to say that Abraham Lincoln, who was a Republican, signed the Emancipation Proclamation that would eventually abolish U.S.slavery in 1865.
Kanye West At Sunday Service Salt Lake City talked about the Republican Party of Lincoln freeing the slaves and how he supports Trump: “I ain’t never made a decision only based on my color. That’s a form of slavery, mental slavery.” pic.twitter.com/0Cwom01ipF
— Hunter Schwarz (@hunterschwarz) October 5, 2019 (https://twitter.com/hunterschwarz/status/1180587512709836801?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)
hot97.com/news/news/here-we-go-again-kanye-west-explains-why-he-defends-and-supports-president-trump

enhanced_deficit
10-13-2019, 07:47 PM
Came across this in another discussion on tariffs :

Lincoln and Trump: Two of a Kind?

https://mises-media.s3.amazonaws.com/styles/slideshow/s3/static-page/img/image%282%29.png?itok=OeU-3Zxj
Trump and Lincoln are soulmates on today’s most contentious economic issue

07/03/2019 James Bovard
President Trump has outraged legions of political opponents with his plan to give a Fourth of July speech on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial.
Trump and Lincoln are soulmates on today’s most contentious economic issue. Trump portrays imports as a pox while his trade wars are ravaging American farmers and many manufacturers. Promising high tariffs helped Lincoln capture the presidency in 1860 and he cheered in February 1861 when congressional Republicans boosted tariffs as high as 216%. The New York Times denounced that bill as a “disastrous measure” that “alienates extensive sections of the country we seek to retain” and will “deal a deadly blow … at the measures now in progress to heal our political differences.” That tariff law helped drive Virginia, North Carolina, and Tennessee out of the Union, thereby making the Civil War far more destructive. Protectionism remains as idiotic now as it was 150 years ago but politicians continue to demagogue the issue.
https://mises.org/wire/lincoln-and-trump-two-kind

enhanced_deficit
06-19-2020, 02:07 PM
June 16, 2020

Abraham Lincoln delivered iconic speech more than 160 years ago today

By Matt London | Fox News
On June 16, 1858, more than 160 years ago, a little-known politician delivered a speech at the Illinois State Capitol in Springfield after he accepted his party's nomination for U.S. senator.
Abraham Lincoln lost his Senate bid that year, but his "House Divided" speech would make him a nationally known figure and resonate throughout American history.
Original Shows and Documentaries that Celebrate America every day.

Fox Nation is an entertaining streaming service featuring your favorite Fox News personalities, with original shows and documentaries that celebrate America.

Start Your Free Trial

"Near the speech's outset, he uttered what has become one of the most famous phrases in American history: 'A house divided against itself cannot stand,'" said former Reagan Education Secretary and Fox News contributor Bill Bennett in the latest episode of Fox Nation's "Patriot's Almanac."

"Lincoln was drawing on the words of Jesus in the Bible," Bennett continued. "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand."
In this Fox Nation series, Bennett provides a daily insight into the historical events, symbols and leaders that define the essence of the United States, mark its historic course and connect its people.
"[Lincoln] knew his audience would understand his meaning," explained Bennett. "Slavery and freedom were incompatible."
"The institution of slavery was a fatal flaw in the American republic. Either the United States must eventually rid itself of slavery and become a truly free nation or slavery would take hold in nearly every state."
Video

Lincoln, a Republican, faced-off against Stephen Douglas, a Democrat, in a series of public debates during the 1858 senatorial campaign. Those encounters are remembered as the Lincoln-Douglas debates and both men presented their arguments for and against the spread of slavery in the U.S.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/lincoln-house-divided-speech-fox-nation

Related

June 18, 2020
Trump White House discussing federal holiday marking end of slavery (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?547330-Liberal-Left-winning-Trump-White-House-discussing-federal-holiday-marking-end-of-slavery&)

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-19-2020, 02:43 PM

Take your leftist garbage elsewhere.

And the Revolution was absolutely a species of civil war.

Obligatory "Fuck Lincoln" post

enhanced_deficit
08-16-2020, 01:39 PM
This came up in another discussion but belongs here too:

Jun 12, 2020
Trump Claims He’s Done More For Blacks Than Any President Besides Lincoln

TOPLINE
President Donald Trump said he has done more for the black community than any other president besides Abraham Lincoln in an interview with Fox News that aired Friday.

U.S. President Donald Trump speaks during a round table discussion with African American supporters ... [+]

Trump said he passed criminal justice reform, saying “nobody else could have done it,” but adding that he didn’t “get a lot of notoriety in the fact that people I did it for then go on television and thank everybody but me, and they needed me to get it done.”

The president appears to be taking credit for the First Step Act (https://www.forbes.com/sites/patrickgleason/2018/12/31/enactment-of-the-first-step-act-was-the-past-years-second-example-of-federalism-at-its-finest/#4a17f909184e), a sweeping bipartisan criminal justice reform bill he signed into law in 2018.
Trump also said he provided long-term funding for historically black colleges and universities in his three years in office, and has helped redirect resources to opportunity zones (https://www.forbes.com/sites/morgansimon/2019/03/30/what-you-need-to-know-about-opportunity-zones/#7ca793b36ae2), or low-income areas where new investments may be eligible for tax breaks.

KEY BACKGROUND
Trump has made similar statements (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1267885679175970821) before about having done the most for black Americans as president. Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863 amid the Civil War, declaring free the upward of 3 million enslaved Americans living in the Confederate states. The abolition of slavery was written into the Constitution in 1865 with the adoption of the 13th Amendment.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carliep...esides-lincoln (https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlieporterfield/2020/06/12/trump-claims-hes-done-more-for-blacks-than-any-president-besides-lincoln)

Related

Police killings of blacks DROPPED between 2016-2019. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?548639-Police-killings-of-blacks-DROPPED-between-2016-2019&)

https://thesocietypages.org/toolbox/files/2020/05/Screen-Shot-2020-05-26-at-12.01.43-PM-1024x776.png

enhanced_deficit
09-20-2020, 07:42 PM
Some still seem confused about real history of America and Lincoln's greatness, this bold Trump step should help fix that :

Trump wants $5 billion from TikTok deal to teach people 'the real history' of US

By Alexis Benveniste, CNN Business
Sun September 20, 2020

New York (CNN Business)The back-and-forth of the TikTok deal has been rocky, but President Donald Trump is certain that he wants to use the deal to create a $5 billion fund to "educate people" about the "real history of our country."
"I think Walmart is going to buy it along with Oracle," Trump said on Saturday at a rally in Fayetteville, North Carolina. He went on to say that as part of the deal, he requested "$5 billion into a fund for education so we can educate people as to real history of our country — the real history, not the fake history."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/20/business/trump-education-fund/index.html

Related

Leader of young neocons group TPUSA compares Trump to Lincoln (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?549231-Drudge-Pro-Trump-group-TPUSA-pays-teens-to-post-online&p=6980172&viewfull=1#post6980172)

https://a57.foxnews.com/cf-images.us-east-1.prod.boltdns.net/v1/static/694940094001/44b91e74-83e3-41a6-8c53-ab8d2e58a01b/3ebd62e4-703f-415e-8859-277d8b15d682/1280x720/match/931/524/image.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Charlie Kirk: This is the most important election since Abraham Lincoln