PDA

View Full Version : The Blimp!

hummtide
12-14-2007, 03:13 PM
http://news14.com/content/top_stories/590733/ron-paul-supporters-launch-blimp-in-nc/Default.aspx

Jobarra
12-14-2007, 03:14 PM
nice :)

Forefall
12-14-2007, 03:14 PM
Haha, they said both sides have text, but it doesn't!

Spike Kojima
12-14-2007, 03:31 PM
Haha, they said both sides have text, but it doesn't!
They could have waited to put on the second banner but if they waited and the wind got any stronger they wouldn't have been able to open the hanger. If they missed that window they might have had to wait until next week to launch.

JMann
12-14-2007, 03:32 PM
Strange that the blimp is going from Elizabeth City-Raleigh-Greensboro-Charlotte. This is the opposite direction from Boston. With bad weather predicted for Saturday I'm surprised it isn't heading full steam towards the Tea Party.

Ibtz
12-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Strange that the blimp is going from Elizabeth City-Raleigh-Greensboro-Charlotte. This is the opposite direction from Boston. With bad weather predicted for Saturday I'm surprised it isn't heading full steam towards the Tea Party.

Well...blimps and nor'easters don't mix too well.

justinc.1089
12-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Well since the topic I posted about the launch of the blimp today is being ignored, here is a video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_LHNDpaFRI

It may have already been posted, but I didn't see it anywhere else.

JMann
12-14-2007, 03:35 PM
Well...blimps and nor'easters don't mix too well.

I just checked the schedule and see that Boston is out now.

The schedule for tomorrow say Greensville (Greenville) NC but should that be Greenville, SC? Both states have a Greenville but the one in NC is close to Elizabeth City where it started.

givemeliberty
12-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Notice how the wording at the end call RP's supporters "anti-government voters". Now that label is okay by me cause I know where I stand but a new supporter could be turned off by that.

justinc.1089
12-14-2007, 03:36 PM
I just checked the schedule and see that Boston is out now.

Whaaaat Boston is out? Nooooooo...... seriously noooooooo.......:(:(:(:(:(

If Boston is out, and they didn't put the other banner on the other side, why didn't they put the banner on the other side?!:confused:

givemeliberty
12-14-2007, 03:37 PM
They're flying south.

Question_Authority
12-14-2007, 03:40 PM
So...no media showed up for the launch? Bummer.

Birdlady
12-14-2007, 03:41 PM
Check out the poll on that same page.
What do you want the governor to focus his attention on the most in 2008?

Now I just went to View Results and they allow people to comment. I will tell you, by those comments people are freaking pissed off. They would really love RP's message for sure!

Some examples,
"There are a lot or area’s that the governor of NC needs to address: Illegal Immigrants – They should not be able to get drivers license in this state. Plug up the loop holes. The governor needs to look up the definition of Illegal. High Taxes – Where is all the money going? Roads – Highest gas tax in the area – worst roads in most parts of the state Start working for the people of NC and not special interest. Reform the courts and get better judges in there that know how to up hold the law"

"He can focus on a program that quits taking my money and giving it to someone else"

"It seems the only thing our beloved Governor is focused on is allowing illegial aliens (criminals), a chance to get a good education in North Carolina Colleges. The next thing will be "in-state" tuition for them too, I bet. I voted something else simply due to the fact that Mike Easley is incapable of fixing any problem. We need to vote every incumbent in state government OUT OF OFFICE in 2008. "

"Honesty"

We could have 4 new RP votes right there!

wealeat
12-14-2007, 03:44 PM
They are going to South Carolina.