PDA

View Full Version : Tulsi Gabbard Qualifies For Upcoming Presidential Debate

Swordsmyth
09-25-2019, 04:03 PM
Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) has officially met the Democratic National Committee’s (DNC) threshold to qualify for the upcoming Democratic presidential primary debate in October.
In order to nab a podium on the next debate state in Westerville, Ohio, presidential candidates must raise campaign donations from no fewer than 130,000 individual donors and receive at least 2% of the vote in four or more polls that have been pre-approved by the DNC.
A certified poll conducted by Monmouth University (https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/monmouthpoll_NH_092419/) shows that the Hawaii congresswoman received 2% support in the early voting state of New Hampshire. The poll, released on Tuesday, marks the final benchmark that she needed to overcome on order to receive an invitation onto the stage.
Gabbard is now the twelfth presidential hopeful to meet the qualifying threshold and subsequently accept an invitation onto the debate stage: Former Vice President Joe Biden, Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ), South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg, former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro, Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA), Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), former Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-TX), Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), financier Tom Steyer, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), and entrepreneur Andrew Yang will also be participating.
Notably, both Steyer and Gabbard failed to meet the criteria to appear in September’s debate in Houston, Texas.

Gabbard is likely to be the final presidential contender to receive an invitation onto the fourth debate stage. Qualifications for participating in the event end on October 1 and author Marianne Williamson is the only remaining candidate to have passed the donor threshold. Williamson, however, is still three DNC-approved polls short of hitting the benchmark.
The DNC announced on Monday that it will be raising the criteria for the fifth debate in an attempt to further narrow down the crowded Democratic primary field.

More at: https://www.dailywire.com/news/tulsi-gabbard-qualifies-upcoming-presidential-molly-prince

And now you know why they raised the criteria.

eleganz
09-25-2019, 04:06 PM
Kamala going to fake a stomachache that day.

Anti Globalist
09-25-2019, 04:17 PM
The recent candidates that dropped out certainly helped her chances of getting on the main debate stage.

UWDude
09-25-2019, 07:53 PM
I am truly shocked.
I was pretty sure the DNC would just keep changing the qualifications to specifically target her.

Swordsmyth
09-25-2019, 07:56 PM
I am truly shocked.
I was pretty sure the DNC would just keep changing the qualifications to specifically target her.
They guessed wrong but they changed them for the next one.

Pauls' Revere
09-25-2019, 08:06 PM
I wonder if they prolong these debates intentionally just so there are a lot of candidates constantly bombarding us with their messages. By the time you reach four debates shouldn't the field already be narrowed to three, maybe four candidates.

I think its all about t.v. ratings and pounding the constant drumming of their message.

Here's the strategy, accept 50 candidates, have five debates all of which hammer the public with various topics. Raise the standard only a little while talking about gaffes and polling. Now were down to 45 candidates. Oooo this is exciting, more hammering, mud slinging, Trump hating, etc... and so on and so on. until we get down to five. At this point we're all indoctrinated and mind numb by gun control, green deals, tax the rich, free education, free medical,...ZZZzzzzz.

If they were serious, say, poll at 10% or more or your out. Next time around, poll at 20% or your out. Next time make it 40%. This all shit.

Swordsmyth
09-25-2019, 08:12 PM
I wonder if they prolong these debates intentionally just so there are a lot of candidates constantly bombarding us with their messages. By the time you reach four debates shouldn't the field already be narrowed to three, maybe four candidates.

I think its all about t.v. ratings and pounding the constant drumming of their message.

Here's the strategy, accept 50 candidates, have five debates all of which hammer the public with various topics. Raise the standard only a little while talking about gaffes and polling. Now were down to 45 candidates. Oooo this is exciting, more hammering, mud slinging, Trump hating, etc... and so on and so on. until we get down to five. At this point we're all indoctrinated and mind numb by gun control, green deals, tax the rich, free education, free medical,...ZZZzzzzz.

If they were serious, say, poll at 10% or more or your out. Next time around, poll at 20% or your out. Next time make it 40%. This all $#@!.
I think there should be more candidates and less debates.
You can't trust polls or the people setting the requirements but you are right about the use of debates as brainwashing sessions.

Pauls' Revere
09-25-2019, 08:15 PM
I think there should be more candidates and less debates.
You can't trust polls or the people setting the requirements but you are right about the use of debates as brainwashing sessions.

Wish I had time to dive into data for that.

UWDude
09-25-2019, 08:46 PM

If they were serious, say, poll at 10% or more or your out. Next time around, poll at 20% or your out. Next time make it 40%. This all $#@!.

That is usually the strategy.
the debates usually help the party.
But in this case...

..Trump has a 53% approval rating now.
they are making him look good.

Only Tulsi could beat him, IMHO.

Pauls' Revere
09-25-2019, 08:48 PM
But in this case...

The other thing of having four states? vote first. IA,NH,SC,NV. so, I guess the other 46 states don't matter?

oh, forgot FL.

Pauls' Revere
09-25-2019, 08:51 PM
But in this case...

It may help the parties but it hurts the country. All the hype with no substance.

oyarde
09-25-2019, 09:04 PM
Not a real candidate .

kahless
09-25-2019, 09:07 PM
Not a real candidate .

Curious why, what do you see with her?

oyarde
09-25-2019, 09:11 PM

Dems have two many heavy hitters in this that are going to be backed . No chance. The top four or so have been steady in the polls. Other than that , who is going to take a congressman from Hawaii serious ?

Pauls' Revere
09-25-2019, 09:33 PM
Dems have two many heavy hitters in this that are going to be backed . No chance. The top four or so have been steady in the polls. Other than that , who is going to take a congressman from Hawaii serious ?

Right, Biden, warren, Sanders, and....seven candidates are fighting for fourth place?

I think of it like this. The more they "have" to talk the less chance they have. i.e. Biden has yet to really come out and say wtf he's for/against that stands out. He's riding the comfort zone as long as he can until more drop out. Sanders took a break, probably to save his own ass from dropping in the polls so he still qualifies. Warren is screaming SJW shit, and fourth place????

UWDude
09-25-2019, 09:36 PM

reported for hate speech.

dannno
09-25-2019, 10:10 PM

She talks right on war and civil liberties, then votes wrong.

shakey1
09-25-2019, 10:36 PM
Hopefully TG will hammer the anti war narrative.

ThePaleoLibertarian
09-26-2019, 12:56 AM
She should just go scorched Earth and try to take down everyone. It may be the last time she's on stage and everyone there hates her anyway. She isn't getting any job in the next Dem administration no matter what.