PDA

View Full Version : Democrats ‘Shocked’ Michigan Election Official Was Charged with Felony Election Fraud

Swordsmyth
09-24-2019, 02:32 PM
A Michigan election official on Monday was arrested on charges of voter fraud in connection with her oversight of the November 2018 election, much to the surprise and dismay of state Democrats.
Southfield City Clerk Sherikia L. Hawkins, 38, was charged with six felony criminal counts, including falsifying records, forgery of a public records, misconduct in office, and three counts of using a computer to commit a crime, according to a press release (https://www.michigan.gov/som/0,4669,7-192-47796-508151--,00.html) from the Michigan Attorney General’s Office.

State Democrats expressed their “shock” (https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/oakland-county/2019/09/23/southfield-city-clerk-charged-six-felonies-november-2018-election/2416101001/) upon hearing the allegations against Hawkins.
According to the press release, Southfield voter count discrepancies were flagged by the Oakland County Clerk’s office while attempting to certify Southfield’s absentee ballots and forwarded to the Secretary of State’s office. After a thorough investigation, Michigan State Police determined that election records had been altered.
The charges, which are tied to “unauthorized and inaccurate changes” made to absentee ballots, were announced during a joint news conference by Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel and Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson Monday afternoon.
“Voting is fundamental to the very essence of our democracy,” Nessel said. “Every citizen must know when they enter the ballot box that the vote they cast will count.”
Michigan’s Public Integrity Unit of the Department of Attorney General, which was designed to ensure that public officials or law enforcement officers who commit crimes in Michigan are held to account, is charged with leading the prosecution against Hawkins.
“Today upon learning that the Southfield City Clerk was formally charged with multiple crimes under Michigan election law, I exercised my authority under Michigan law to exert supervisory control over local election officials and directed the clerk to refrain from administering any election while there are charges pending against her,” Benson said. “Our elections are the foundation of our democracy, and under my and Attorney General Nessel’s administration there will be no tolerance for any actions that undermine that foundation – anywhere, anytime, by any person or official.”

More at: https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/michigan-election-official-charged-with-six-counts-of-felony-election-fraud/

oyarde
09-24-2019, 02:45 PM
Probably one good public execution would cut down on some of it .

Dr.3D
09-24-2019, 02:55 PM
“Our elections are the foundation of our democracy

Somebody needs to learn that we are not in a democracy.

kpitcher
09-24-2019, 03:03 PM
I'm glad something came of this. Of course with computerized voting and tallying ,the act of physically messing with the ballots is such an old school way of rigging an election.

dannno
09-24-2019, 03:14 PM
Just a few bad apples.

Anti Globalist
09-24-2019, 03:55 PM
Democrats weren't shocked at all. They're just pretending they were.

Danke
09-24-2019, 04:22 PM
She looks Nigerian:

Mach
09-25-2019, 12:02 AM
Now they need to investigate all of the records that she was ever even around and had access to, because I'm sure this wasn't the only time this happened.

Her getting arrested definitely made "the locals" flinch. They need to interrogate her for hours, there are others.

Sherikiaaaaa!