PDA

View Full Version : Pete Buttigieg: ‘Having a Gun Made Me Feel Smaller, Not Bigger’

Anti Federalist
09-24-2019, 11:55 AM
Pete Buttigieg: ‘Having a Gun Made Me Feel Smaller, Not Bigger’

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2019/09/23/pete-buttigieg-having-a-gun-made-me-feel-smaller-not-bigger/

CHARLIE SPIERING 23 Sep 2019

Mayor Pete Buttigieg expressed his dissatisfaction with the concept of carrying a gun after serving in Afghanistan.

“Over time, I realized having a gun made me feel smaller, not bigger,” he said during a conversation about guns with a BuzzFeed reporter as part of his bus tour in Iowa.

The mayor was asked about his feelings on guns as a veteran who served in Afghanistan in the Navy Reserves but apparently did not engage in combat.

Earlier in September, Buttigieg criticized men who had their “sense of manhood wrapped up in owning a gun.”

“[I]f it gets to where your sense of manhood is wrapped up in owning a gun, I think that’s where our culture is on the wrong track,” Buttigieg said in an interview with TMZ Live.

Buttigieg has expressed support for an “assault weapons” ban on some semi-automatic rifles but has resisted the more aggressive promise from Beto O’Rourke to take away AR-15s and AK-47s from gun owners with a nationwide mandatory buyback program.

In August, the South Bend mayor called for a new ban on semi-automatic “assault weapon” rifles and a ban on any ammunition magazines over ten rounds.

“As a veteran, I know that military-grade weapons have no place in our neighborhoods,” he wrote.

Although he disagreed with O’Rourke’s approach, he said that Democrats should work to pass whatever they could on gun control.

“When even this President and even Mitch McConnell are at least pretending to be open to reforms, we know that we have a moment on our hands,” Buttigieg said in an interview with CNN. “Let’s make the most of it and get these things done.”

“Well, shit, that is not enough,” O’Rourke responded to Buttigieg, calling it a “life and death” issue.

Anti Globalist
09-24-2019, 11:57 AM
Hes a beta male soy boy. He wouldn't feel bigger with or without a gun.

PursuePeace
09-24-2019, 12:39 PM
What a twisted freak.

oyarde
09-24-2019, 12:46 PM
This guy should find something he is good at or just stick to sucking dicks . Does he really expect to compete with the debvils spawn like biden , bernie and warren crying like this ?

Dr.3D
09-24-2019, 12:47 PM
https://s14-eu5.startpage.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=https:%2F%2Fpics.me.me%2Fthumb_this-is-my-rifle-this-is-my-gun-this-is-23379095.png&sp=ee54804cc68665e80c30bf54696d8526

timosman
09-24-2019, 12:51 PM
Guns are not for everybody? :confused:

dannno
09-24-2019, 01:12 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3x3WBqQywUIZg83a_pVW4lgr6tRE S0YDbpjAm5nfu6OFxCKcdjukWhVwpO6_ccW5T16x9A3rV3N0qy 1A_al3YpG57iTeRlLOZDz16Ngw&usqp=CAE

https://static-2.gumroad.com/res/gumroad/1417728931390/asset_previews/d65ca1a11ec720d8a94b4a704b124afd/retina/BootyJudge2020_mockup.jpg

donnay
09-24-2019, 01:22 PM
I think he is a weenie.

buck000
09-24-2019, 01:32 PM
I don't feel bigger or smaller with a firearm, I just feel marginally (or maybe a little more than marginally) safer in defending myself or my loved ones...

Stratovarious
09-24-2019, 01:43 PM
Mr Buttgig ,

You're not supposed to measure your dick with it dumbbass....

:frog:

Anti Federalist
09-24-2019, 01:52 PM
“[I]f it gets to where your sense of manhood is wrapped up in owning a gun, I think that’s where our culture is on the wrong track,” Buttigieg said in an interview with TMZ Live.

Like I'd take manhood advice from a sodomite.

timosman
09-24-2019, 01:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejKUJu9xct4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejKUJu9xct4

Todd
09-24-2019, 02:12 PM
I don't feel bigger or smaller with a firearm, I just feel marginally (or maybe a little more than marginally) safer in defending myself or my loved ones...

Yep. It's some sort of the emotional appeal logical fallacy. He's couching the idea of having a gun is steeped in some kind of male bravado or "Big vs Small" minded, stature bullshit etc.

Why does it have to be your "bigger or smaller" for carrying personal protection.

Would like to hear a logical argument that talks about how carrying puts you on equal footing with people who would seek to use force to control you.

Swordsmyth
09-24-2019, 02:18 PM
“Over time, I realized having a gun made me feel smaller, not bigger,”

That's because you are small at heart, nothing you can ever do will ever make you feel big until you fix your smallness of soul.

A Son of Liberty
09-24-2019, 02:43 PM
Yep. It's some sort of the emotional appeal logical fallacy. He's couching the idea of having a gun is steeped in some kind of male bravado or "Big vs Small" minded, stature bull$#@! etc.

Why does it have to be your "bigger or smaller" for carrying personal protection.

Would like to hear a logical argument that talks about how carrying puts you on equal footing with people who would seek to use force to control you.

This is how ALL of those people think. They think firearm owners have them to "feel like a 'big man'". It's perfect evidence that they don't actually know anyone who owns a firearm. This is yet another emotion-filled position they hold, absent of any facts, knowledge or reason.

phill4paul
09-24-2019, 02:53 PM
This is how ALL of those people think. They think firearm owners have them to "feel like a 'big man'". It's perfect evidence that they don't actually know anyone who owns a firearm. This is yet another emotion-filled position they hold, absent of any facts, knowledge or reason.

Yup. Same with full sized trucks. "You're destroying muh environments! You have a big truck to make up for the fact you have a small penis!"

CCTelander
09-24-2019, 02:59 PM
A point that seems to be getting overlooked:

“When even this President and even Mitch McConnell are at least pretending to be open to reforms, we know that we have a moment on our hands,” Buttigieg said in an interview with CNN. “Let’s make the most of it and get these things done.”

Let THAT sink in.

Dr.3D
09-24-2019, 03:12 PM
Yup. Same with full sized trucks. "You're destroying muh environments! You have a big truck to make up for the fact you have a small penis!"

Thought that was only those guys with the jacked up trucks with huge wheels who were compensating.
https://s17-us2.startpage.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Fcdn.funnyisms.com%2Feb34 737d-e40f-4b8f-9711-f1be4499ebae.jpg&sp=0d2dc5b2fe47bcfe59c0fd271f9a8256

jkr
09-24-2019, 03:38 PM
whut kinda fellettio argument is dat shitz?

hardcore nospeak

Anti Globalist
09-24-2019, 03:57 PM
This guy should find something he is good at or just stick to sucking dicks . Does he really expect to compete with the debvils spawn like biden , bernie and warren crying like this ?
Him being gay is the only reason hes relevant. Take away his sexuality and he'd probably be polling at 0%.

Philhelm
09-24-2019, 04:40 PM
This guy should find something he is good at or just stick to sucking dicks.

I don't think that's an "or" option.

Origanalist
09-24-2019, 05:27 PM

/ thread

shakey1
09-24-2019, 08:42 PM

LOL...

(you must spread some...)

tfurrh
09-24-2019, 09:39 PM

I drove a ford ranger most of my youth, ladies :wink:

tfurrh
09-24-2019, 09:47 PM
I always try to compare 2nd amendment arguments with the 1st amendment.

So.... I yoosta have a not big vocabulary, but it made me feel not bigger instedda bigger. So now's I stick to a not big lista words and all folks should too.

Or how about....I read a banned book one time, and instead of feeling bigger I felt smaller. I can see now that we must ban certain books.

CoastieInColorado
09-24-2019, 10:31 PM
Owning guns always made me feel....safer.

People will turn anything they disagree with you on into a dick size issue it seems.

Swordsmyth
09-24-2019, 11:10 PM
Owning guns always made me feel....safer.

People will turn anything they disagree with you on into a dick size issue it seems.
The further left someone is the faster they relate everything to sex.

Superfluous Man
09-25-2019, 06:48 AM
Earlier in September, Buttigieg criticized men who had their “sense of manhood wrapped up in owning a gun.”

Pete, your entire claim to fame, and the only reason for someone who never held a higher office than mayor of a city with a population of 100,000 being an upper tier presidential candidate, is that you openly repudiated your own manhood at a particular juncture in history and in a particular political party where that is considered a selling point.

American men will be forgiven for not wanting your advice about senses of manhood.

fedupinmo
09-25-2019, 07:01 AM
I don't know... after carrying normal sized guns for years I just bought a Ruger LCP II... and I feel HUGE when I hold that tiny little thing. :D

specsaregood
09-25-2019, 07:13 AM
I dunno; if I wanted to be philosophical about it, I could agree with the statement that holding a gun makes you feel smaller. It should; holding a gun should make you realize that you are holding something that is intended to kill things. That shouldn't make you feel powerful and bigger; but more respectful and careful.

But that's probably not buttplug's meaning behind the statement.