PDA

View Full Version : Trump leans against striking Iran

Warlord
09-17-2019, 08:52 PM
Confidants say the president may talk tough, but he’s deeply reluctant to drag the United States into a fresh war in the Middle East.

Over the past 10 days, about a dozen outside advisers have weighed in with him on Iran, including Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, who has tried to mediate between the U.S. and Tehran; Ric Grenell, the U.S. ambassador to Germany; anti-interventionist Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.); and Freedom Caucus stalwart Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), according to a Washington Republican familiar with the president’s conversations.

Many — but not all — of those voices are urging Trump to show restraint, this person said.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/17/trump-iran-strike-1500742

Warlord
09-17-2019, 08:58 PM

UWDude
09-17-2019, 09:00 PM
Although I am happy to read this, it is, in all reality, just another "Trump Considering" headline.

There are people who are no fun at parties, like all of you.

Then there are people who are no fun online, like me.

Swordsmyth
09-17-2019, 09:06 PM
Although I am happy to read this, it is, in all reality, just another "Trump Considering" headline.

Trump has said as much himself:

With the war drums beating loudly ever since Mike Pompeo accused Iran of launching the drone strike that crippled Aramco oil production, moments ago the odds of an imminent war with Iran de-escalated materially after President Trump said it was "looking like Iran was behind this weekend’s attacks" on Saudi oil facilities, but added that "he doesn’t want to go war with anyone."
"It’s certainly looking that way at this moment," Trump says in response to a question whether Iran was responsible for the attacks.
"I don’t want to have war with anybody” but our military is prepared, Trump says at the White House, where he was meeting with Bahrain Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa. Furthermore, the president said the US is not looking at retaliatory options until he has "definitive proof" that Iran was responsible for attacks on Saudi Arabian oil facilities.
Still, Trump told reporters in the Oval Office that the US "is prepared" if the attacks warrant a response.
Also notably, when asked if he has promised to protect the Saudis, the president responded "No, I haven’t promised the Saudis that... We have to sit down with the Saudis and work something out."

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...behind-attacks (https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/de-escalation-trump-doesnt-want-war-anyone-wants-definitive-proof-iran-behind-attacks)

Swordsmyth
09-17-2019, 09:11 PM
Graham is weak and foolish.
He is like a small dog that is trying to compensate for its size with aggressiveness, Trump is like a lion that knows his own strength and dozes in the sun rather than chasing every small predator or scavenger that passes through his domain.

Origanalist
09-17-2019, 09:35 PM

Party a lot down in the Udub district dude?

UWDude
09-17-2019, 09:45 PM
Party a lot down in the Udub district dude?

Party every night (not hyperbole) at my house for about a year.
Then party a bit at the UW District, but not much.
I cared a lot about history, and I believed in conspiracy theories as a history student.
Very bad.
Then capitol hill, from Occupy til a couple years ago.
Currently, I mostly quit.
Waste of time and money.
Party is here, where the hatred is free, but the conversation far more entertaining.

It's a lot like Occupy, full of crazy people.

TheCount
09-17-2019, 11:24 PM
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-e9qJG2jnhpg/XMZP77HGpsI/AAAAAAAAcQc/PLMKlKIoIxQRGvAUFJMyoQZoQLrnpDbDQCEwYBhgL/s1600/Donald%2BTrump%252BLeaning%2BForward%252BWhy%2Bis% 2Bthe%2BPresident%2BStanding%2Blike%2Bthat%253F%25 2BBody%2BLanguage%252BBody%2BLanguage%2BExpert%252 BEmotional%2BIntelligence%252BNonverbal%252BSpeake r%252BKeynote%252BConsultant%252BLos%2BAngeles%252 BLas%2BVegas%252BCalifornia%252BNYC.png

He's always leaning.

Anti Globalist
09-18-2019, 07:54 AM
Well hopefully there won't be a strike on Iran.