PDA

View Full Version : How Long Should We Keep the Posters from the Overnight Blitz Up?

retrorepublican
07-03-2007, 10:29 AM
A week? (I'm thinking of taking them down next Tuesday or Wednesday)

If it's name recognition we're after, I think that's enough to get the word out. Longer and it'll be overkill.

Swmorgan77
07-03-2007, 10:34 AM
I plan on leaving them up as long as they will stay, which in our experience in this area is about 2-4 days.

Duckman
07-03-2007, 10:41 AM
If you put them up in Boston, you don't need to worry about taking them down, since the bomb squad will detonate them.

MozoVote
07-03-2007, 10:45 AM
I have participated in highway beautification and sign removal before. It's not nice to trash a community. Learn local sign ordinances. Ask permission. Keep notes where signs are, and remove them if there is a time limit.

Also report violators when other campaigns don't follow the ordinances.

That said, I can imagine some supporters view the message as more important than city codes. Just remember how you would feel about things, if it was your own neighborhood.

richard1984
07-03-2007, 10:48 AM
If you put them up in Boston, you don't need to worry about taking them down, since the bomb squad will detonate them.

Haha! That story still cracks me up! :D

damijin
07-03-2007, 10:48 AM
We smoke while we shoot the bird.

(1/31/07 never forget http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kdP8WBB4lI&mode=related&search=)

damijin
07-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Just remember how you would feel about things, if it was your own neighborhood.

But uh... it is our own neighborhood.

I'm mostly putting up signs that have very little 'political' feel to them, large white signs/printed pages that simply have the Ron Paul Revolution logo on them. The idea is to increase name recognition and make it appear as a viral marketing campaign to drive interest and possibly lead people to look into it themselves. Also, if the overnight gets any sort of press for it's scale, hopefully people will see them and know what they are.

I also have fliers with actual information on them, I'll be putting those in places where messages are intended to be posted or on doorsteps.

Ann Kobialka
07-03-2007, 11:21 AM
Put one of those plastic boxes that realtors use next to your Who is ron paul / ron paul for president sign on your front lawn with printed handouts- we get one or two people a day stopping to take a flyer

damijin
07-03-2007, 11:44 AM
If only I had a lawn :(

Politics discriminates against us renters.

BenFranklin
07-03-2007, 01:00 PM
damijin,

Im in the same boat but I put the signs in my windows!

damijin
07-03-2007, 01:23 PM
Well if Ben Franklin is doing it, I will do. Even though I'm on the second floor where no one would ever look :)

markpa
07-03-2007, 01:26 PM
I'm going to go pick them back up if they become worn or ugly.

CurtisLow
07-03-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm in the process of making a 4'x4' sandwich board sign 2ed coat of paint drying now. I own frontage on a busy highway. It's going out late tonight the 3ed.

I'll take some photos...

Roxi
07-03-2007, 06:44 PM
guys dont forget to take pictures tonight while your putting signs out :D