PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Campaign Saved by the Blimp

Primbs
12-14-2007, 01:36 PM
Blimp is a Success.

We are energizing and maximizing our base of supporters.

We have inspired many people to look at Ron Paul.

fortilite
12-14-2007, 01:37 PM
Unfortunately not a lot of articles came out today, hope they do soon.

slantedview
12-14-2007, 01:41 PM
people pulling over on the side of the road to see the blimp, and are becoming ron paul supporters.

SUCCESS!

UtahApocalypse
12-14-2007, 01:47 PM
I never knew the campaign was failing.

szczebrzeszyn
12-14-2007, 02:01 PM
What a stupid thread title.

EDIT: waiting for "USA saved by the blimp" or "The World saved by the blimp" now :)

millerjd
12-14-2007, 02:26 PM
What a stupid thread title.

EDIT: waiting for "USA saved by the blimp" or "The World saved by the blimp" now :)

"The entire galactic universe saved by the blimp"

Frankie Lee
12-14-2007, 02:32 PM
what news article is going to have a story on half a blimp?

Ozwest
12-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Uh... The New York Times.

voytechs
12-14-2007, 02:39 PM
How did the campaign save the blimp? I don't get it.

Primbs
12-14-2007, 04:01 PM
Ron Paul is being ignored by the media. Now all the local newspapers are writing about Ron Paul. This was a needed publicity boost for the campaign where many do not know about Ron Paul.

Ozwest
12-14-2007, 04:06 PM
Give it time.

Hell, we weren't 100% sure the blimp was going to lift off today.

CNN and Beck are about to talk about the blimp RIGHT NOW.

bolidew
12-14-2007, 04:10 PM
"Ron Paul Campaign Saved by the Blimp"??

Are you kidding me?

Boo.

LinearChaos
12-14-2007, 04:11 PM
I never knew the campaign was failing.
^^

QuesoPantera
12-14-2007, 04:47 PM
Liberty Political Advertising FTW! Not one full day in the sky and it's on CNN! After the tea party we should have a blimp drive to pay this thing off and get some more!

angrydragon
12-14-2007, 05:14 PM
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&ncl=1124940706&scoring=n

Perry
12-14-2007, 06:11 PM
Ron Paul Campaign Saved by the Blimp

Well...I wouldn't go that far. But it has done well.:D

Tarzan
12-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Well...I wouldn't go that far. But it has done well.:D

Nor would I.

An analogy... the Blimp is like a match... it sparks and burns brightly for a few brief moments... then dies. But if we use that match and set it to a waiting stack of tinder, that small match can ignite a fire which cannot be extinguished... a grassroots fire, if you will.

Time is running very short... several states have moved up their primaries and we are lagging in the polls and in the conscience of voters. Many still do not know "Who is Ron Paul". We may not think that because we deeply immersed in our support Ron Paul. But, even here in Texas, there are many well versed people who do not even know his name. The main goal of the Blimp was to spread the Ron Paul message... to make him better known and bring him to the forefront. And with that effort, with that small spark, ignite the tinder that would turn his campaign into a raging blaze.

We needed to "light a fire" to inspire the grassroots and gain attention in the media... the media attention we sought is beginning to come to fruition... we need to continue to fan the flames and make voters aware of Ron Paul... we need to use the media to our own advantage... we need to use the media to help move Ron Paul up in the polls and in the minds of all voters. This will create a fire storm that provides its own fuel as it continues to grow.

It will take all of us using all the resources at our disposal to achieve victory. Other projects on this forum are very worthy and each of us needs to choose projects that suit our skills. The battle is not over and we must keep working to get Ron Paul elected. This is a team effort... no one project can possibly be credited for the eventual victory. It will be all of us doing diverse tasks and making personal sacrifices to get them successfully completed.

Find a project you like... commit to it and throw yourself into it wholeheartedly. No war was every won by air power alone... it has always required the troops on the ground to win the final victory. Let us not be distracted from our goal. Let's take the spark the Blimp has given us and use it to create a roaring inferno which will culminate in the election of the next president of the United States... Ron Paul.

The Blimp has helped us win a battle… now let’s go win the war.
There is no time to rest… Pick up the torch… spread the fire… do it tonight, do it NOW.

FreeTraveler
12-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Check out the comments attached to the article in this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=54114

If you can believe the comments on the article, Ron Paul is catching fire faster than I'd ever imagined.

millerjd
12-14-2007, 07:04 PM
Find a project you like... commit to it and through yourself into it wholeheartedly. No war was every won by air power alone... it has always required the troops on the ground to win the final victory. Let us not be distracted from our goal. Let's take the spark the Blimp has given us and use it to create a roaring inferno which will culminate in the election of the next president of the United States... Ron Paul.

The Blimp has helped us win a battle… now let’s go win the war.
There is no time to rest… Pick up the torch… spread the fire… do it tonight, do it NOW.

+1^(10 x infinity)

Fig
12-14-2007, 07:09 PM
I see it this way: We have an expslosively irresistable message. All we have to do is ge the message to more and more people, and we grow exponentially by the very nature of the truth we represent.

Ron Paul has hit a nerve in the American psyche: He represents a viable option to screw the system, screw the man that has been screwing us for a long time. He represents the REAL radical change that all politicians promise and none deliver.

You see the blimp, you google him, you get convinced, you join up, you feel ALIVE. you feel like you're doing something RIGHT. Thats why its irresistable :)

And I think the Teaparty will be even crazier, at least for me. You think a blimp is crazy? Wait for 10 million dollars, the largest one day fundraiser in ALL AMERICAN HISTORY.

Remain optimistic and confident. We can go no where but fowards!

Primbs
12-14-2007, 07:50 PM
We have two and half weeks to the Iowa caucus.
Huckabee is on the cover of Newsweek.

We seem to be in single digits in the polls in Iowa and New Hampshire. We will be out spent on TV commercials ten to one by other Republicans. That can tough to compete with.

I don't see how we will get attention unless we do the blimp. Candidates will soon be spending two million a day for TV commercials in Iowa.

Clinton is spending 275,000 a day on TV ads and losing.

Romney is spending 250,000 a day in the early states and falling in the polls.

Rudy is spending 150,000 a day in New Hampshire and losing.

Huckabee is spending 10,000 a day in Iowa and is in the lead.

The Ron Paul Blimp is spending 300,000 a month and getting noticed.

http://adage.com/campaigntrail/post?article_id=122626

OferNave
12-15-2007, 01:13 AM
We have two and half weeks to the Iowa caucus.
Huckabee is on the cover of Newsweek.

We seem to be in single digits in the polls in Iowa and New Hampshire. We will be out spent on TV commercials ten to one by other Republicans. That can tough to compete with.

I don't see how we will get attention unless we do the blimp. Candidates will soon be spending two million a day for TV commercials in Iowa.

Clinton is spending 275,000 a day on TV ads and losing.

Romney is spending 250,000 a day in the early states and falling in the polls.

Rudy is spending 150,000 a day in New Hampshire and losing.

Huckabee is spending 10,000 a day in Iowa and is in the lead.

The Ron Paul Blimp is spending 300,000 a month and getting noticed.

http://adage.com/campaigntrail/post?article_id=122626

Well said! All the blimp detractors keep missing the fact that the blimp is the steal of the century in terms of ROI (return on investment). They must be mathematically challenged...

Channing
12-15-2007, 04:48 PM
"The entire galactic universe saved by the blimp"

You're closer to the truth with that statement than you think... :)

Tarzan
12-15-2007, 06:23 PM
You're closer to the truth with that statement than you think... :)

"Es gibt mir keine grosser fehler aus die der anderen" :)
(apologies... my german is REALLY rusty)