PDA

View Full Version : Chief executives of 145 companies urge Senate to pass gun control laws

Swordsmyth
09-12-2019, 05:16 PM
Leaders of 145 companies wrote a letter to the Senate on Thursday, urging the legislative body to take action on gun safety.
The letter notes recent gun violence in Chicago, Newport News, Virginia, and other places, calling it a “public health crisis.” But the leaders also say that gun violence is preventable, and lawmakers can step in to head off tragedies.
“That’s why we we urge the Senate to stand with the American public and take action on gun safety by passing a bill to require background checks on all gun sales and a strong Red Flag law that would allow courts to issue life-saving extreme risk protection orders,” they wrote in the letter.
Red flag laws, which are also known as extreme risk laws, allow family members or law enforcement to petition a court to prevent someone temporarily from obtaining firearms.
“These proposals are common-sense, bipartisan and widely supported by the American public. It is time for the Senate to take action,” the letter concludes.
The signers of the letter include the CEOs of well-known companies Uber (https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/?symbol=UBER), Levi Strauss (https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/?symbol=LEVI), Gap (https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/?symbol=GPS), Lyft (https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/?symbol=LYFT) and Beyond Meat (https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/?symbol=BYND).

Edward Stack, CEO of Dick’s Sporting Goods (https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/?symbol=DKS), also signed the letter. The retailer stopped selling guns in 125 stores this year and stopped selling assault-style weapons after the Parkland, Florida, shooting in 2018.
Bain Capital, a private equity firm founded by Mitt Romney, had several signatories on the letter including John Connaughton and Jonathan Lavine, co-managing partners, and Josh Bekenstein and
Steve Pagliuca, co-chairmen.
Thrive Capital’s Joshua Kushner, who is also brother of Jared Kushner (https://www.cnbc.com/jared-kushner/), a White House advisor and President Donald Trump’s son-in-law, signed the letter as well. The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

News of the letter was first reported by The New York Times. Read the letter here. (https://int.********/data/documenthelper/1699-gun-control-letter-to-the-sena/3258ed616a016f80dfa3/optimized/full.pdf#page=1)

More at: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/12/chief-executives-of-145-companies-urge-senate-to-pass-gun-control-laws.html

oyarde
09-12-2019, 05:19 PM
Commie scum .

phill4paul
09-12-2019, 05:27 PM
“These proposals are common-sense"

No. They are most certainly fucking NOT. They are the exact opposite. But, if you repeat a lie often enough, most will come to believe it.

Origanalist
09-12-2019, 05:30 PM
These companies need to lose large amounts of business. This should be shouted from the rooftops.\

These proposals are common-sense , bipartisan and widely supported by the American public . It
is time for the Senate to takeaction.
Sincerely
Organizations with morethan 500 employees :
Brian Chesky, Co-Founder, Head of Community and CEO , Airbnb
KeithMestrich, Presidentand CEO , Amalgamated Bank
John Connaughton and Jonathan Lavine, Co-Managing Partners, and Josh Bekenstein and
Steve Pagliuca, Co -Chairmen, Bain Capital
Ethan Brown, Co-Founder and CEO , Beyond Meat
Peter T. Grauer, Chairman , Bloomberg LP
Ric Clark , Chairman, Brookfield Property Group
Fritz Lanman, CEO , ClassPass
Roger Lynch, CEO , CondéNast
Ken Lin, Founder and CEO , Credit Karma
Edward Stack , CEO, DICK 'S SportingGoods
Tony Xu, Co -Founder and CEO , DoorDash
Doug Baker, Chairman and CEO , Ecolab
Richard Edelman, President and CEO, Edelman
Julia Hartz, Co-Founder and CEO , Eventbrite
Art Peck, CEO ,Gap Inc.
Eddy Lu, CEO GoatGroup
Ben Lerer, Co -Founder and CEO, Group NineMedia
Yannick Bolloré, CEO, Havas Group
BillKoenigsberg, President, CEO and Founder, HorizonMedia
Patrick O . Brown,MD, PhD, Founder and CEO , Impossible Foods
MichaelRoth, Chairman and CEO , Interpublic
Rob Frohwein, Co-Founder and CEO , and Kathryn Petralia, Co-Founder and President,
Kabbage Inc. and Drum Technologies
Chip Bergh, President and CEO , LeviStrauss & Co.
Logan Green, Co-Founder and CEO, and John Zimmer, Co -Founder and President, Lyft
Dev Ittycheria, Presidentand CEO , MongoDB, Inc.
HowardMarks, Co-Chairman, Oaktree CapitalManagement
Todd McKinnon, Co -Founder and CEO, Okta
John Wren , Chairman and CEO , Omnicom Group
Ben Silbermann, Co- Founder and CEO, Pinterest
Bastian Lehmann, Co-Founder & CEO , Postmates
Hamid R . Moghadam , Chairman and CEO , Prologis
Arthur Sadoun, Chairman and CEO , Publicis Groupe
Steve Huffman, CEO, Reddit
Richard Fain , CEO , RoyalCaribbean Cruises Ltd.

tfurrh
09-12-2019, 05:33 PM
Well then I'll stop eating impossible burgers and going on royal Caribbean cruises. I also just deleted my pin interest

phill4paul
09-12-2019, 05:33 PM
These companies need to lose large amounts of business. This should be shouted from the rooftops.\

These proposals are common-sense , bipartisan and widely supported by the American public . It
is time for the Senate to takeaction.
Sincerely
Organizations with morethan 500 employees :
Brian Chesky, Co-Founder, Head of Community and CEO , Airbnb
KeithMestrich, Presidentand CEO , Amalgamated Bank
John Connaughton and Jonathan Lavine, Co-Managing Partners, and Josh Bekenstein and
Steve Pagliuca, Co -Chairmen, Bain Capital
Ethan Brown, Co-Founder and CEO , Beyond Meat
Peter T. Grauer, Chairman , Bloomberg LP
Ric Clark , Chairman, Brookfield Property Group
Fritz Lanman, CEO , ClassPass
Roger Lynch, CEO , CondéNast
Ken Lin, Founder and CEO , Credit Karma
Edward Stack , CEO, DICK 'S SportingGoods
Tony Xu, Co -Founder and CEO , DoorDash
Doug Baker, Chairman and CEO , Ecolab
Richard Edelman, President and CEO, Edelman
Julia Hartz, Co-Founder and CEO , Eventbrite
Art Peck, CEO ,Gap Inc.
Eddy Lu, CEO GoatGroup
Ben Lerer, Co -Founder and CEO, Group NineMedia
Yannick Bolloré, CEO, Havas Group
BillKoenigsberg, President, CEO and Founder, HorizonMedia
Patrick O . Brown,MD, PhD, Founder and CEO , Impossible Foods
MichaelRoth, Chairman and CEO , Interpublic
Rob Frohwein, Co-Founder and CEO , and Kathryn Petralia, Co-Founder and President,
Kabbage Inc. and Drum Technologies
Chip Bergh, President and CEO , LeviStrauss & Co.
Logan Green, Co-Founder and CEO, and John Zimmer, Co -Founder and President, Lyft
Dev Ittycheria, Presidentand CEO , MongoDB, Inc.
HowardMarks, Co-Chairman, Oaktree CapitalManagement
Todd McKinnon, Co -Founder and CEO, Okta
John Wren , Chairman and CEO , Omnicom Group
Ben Silbermann, Co- Founder and CEO, Pinterest
Bastian Lehmann, Co-Founder & CEO , Postmates
Hamid R . Moghadam , Chairman and CEO , Prologis
Arthur Sadoun, Chairman and CEO , Publicis Groupe
Steve Huffman, CEO, Reddit
Richard Fain , CEO , RoyalCaribbean Cruises Ltd.

I keep wanting to boycott 'woke' companies but for the most part I simply don't, and haven't ever, bought their wares. The exception is Dick's. And I quit buying from them the minute they 'woke.'

phill4paul
09-12-2019, 05:35 PM
Well then I'll stop eating impossible burgers and going on royal Caribbean cruises. I also just deleted my pin interest

:D I know, right? I really want to boycott these companies. But, the truth is I just don't buy from them.

Origanalist
09-12-2019, 05:35 PM
I keep wanting to boycott 'woke' companies but for the most part I simply don't, and haven't ever, bought their wares. The exception is Dick's. And I quit buying from them the minute they 'woke.'

I know, same here. It's a little frustrating.

tfurrh
09-12-2019, 05:40 PM
:D I know, right? I really want to boycott these companies. But, the truth is I just don't buy from them.

I know, same here. It's a little frustrating.

I did see Levis on there....I do buy their jeans.
I guess I'll just go ahead and fully transition into my old man and wear Wrangler now.........maybe lol

kcchiefs6465
09-12-2019, 05:42 PM
I guess I'll just go ahead and fully transition into my old man and wear Wrangler now.........maybe lol
Levi’s has been calling for an AWB for a while now.

tfurrh
09-12-2019, 05:47 PM
Levi’s has been calling for an AWB for a while now.

I know..... Plus they've got fa§s all over their commercials recently. I just hate change.

Origanalist
09-12-2019, 07:28 PM

I quit buying them a long time ago. There's also Lee, Dickies and Carhartt. Sportsmans Guide makes some too.

phill4paul
09-12-2019, 07:55 PM

Yeah, I went Wrangler (Lee) jeans after their bullshit. If it's good enough for Mike Rowe it's good enough for me.

phill4paul
09-12-2019, 07:55 PM
I quit buying them a long time ago. There's also Lee, Dickies and Carhartt. Sportsmans Guide makes some too.

All the above. Fuck Levi's.

Anti Federalist
09-13-2019, 12:38 AM
Yeah, I went Wrangler (Lee) jeans after their bullshit. If it's good enough for Mike Rowe it's good enough for me.

Hear hear!

Anti Federalist
09-13-2019, 12:39 AM
And who are all these people...never heard of most of them.

CoastieInColorado
09-13-2019, 04:20 AM
Fuck. I love using Airbnb. Probably not going to stop because of this, either, to be honest.

tod evans
09-13-2019, 05:59 AM

Yup, never given any of them a dime.

Stratovarious
09-13-2019, 06:17 AM
Who's good with the alphabet, we can't boycott the CEO's , the companies are matters
, I see Levi Strauss in there, he'd be rolling over in his grave if he knew about this.....

EBounding
09-13-2019, 06:37 AM
Levi's are awful anyway. Every pair I've owned in the past 10 years develops that crotch/thigh hole within a few months. I do use Lyft occasionally though....

Anti Federalist
09-13-2019, 07:32 AM
I know..... Plus they've got fa§s all over their commercials recently. I just hate change.

Yeah, get ready for that...gonna be a flood of trans queeer weirdosexuals all over every commercial very soon.

timosman
09-13-2019, 07:53 AM
And who are all these people...never heard of most of them.

People who make 100x the average salary in their companies. Please clap. :tears:

Origanalist
10-16-2019, 06:40 AM
Bump..