PDA

View Full Version : Trump administration announces it intends to ban flavored vaping products

Warlord
09-11-2019, 11:53 AM
Because prohibition works..

The Trump administration is preparing to take action amid a rush of deaths linked to vaping.

After a meeting with President Trump and FDA commissioner Norman Sharpless on Wednesday, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar announced that the FDA would soon issue regulations that would let it force flavored e-cigarette products off the shelves. The announcement doesn't signal a full ban just yet, but it does come precisely a year after the FDA declared teenage e-cigarette use an "epidemic," and just hours after a sixth death linked to e-cigarette use was reported.

Trump hinted at regulatory action after the Wednesday meeting, calling vaping a "problem," namely for "children." Azar followed that up with a statement, saying "we intend to clear the market of flavored e-cigarettes" and that the FDA is finalizing plans to do so. As CBS News' Kathryn Watson reports, tobacco companies didn't seem to be expecting the announcement.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/864250/trump-administration-announces-intends-ban-flavored-vaping-products

Brian4Liberty
09-16-2019, 03:31 PM
Kind of funny how when prescription drugs are counterfeited and people die, no one even suggests bans...

kpitcher
09-16-2019, 03:54 PM
Is there a hidden push by big tobacco to hurt vaping? There is more chance of lobbyists behind this than government actually trying to look out for their citizens, even with a heavy handed non freedom way.

acptulsa
09-16-2019, 03:57 PM
Remember when bypassing states and passing more federal regulations involved Congress in some way or another?

TheTexan
09-16-2019, 04:17 PM
Best President since Lincoln :up:

CCTelander
09-16-2019, 05:54 PM
Best President since Lincoln :up:

Practically Lincoln reincarnated. :up:

r3volution 3.0
09-16-2019, 05:59 PM
This is why you don't trust teetotalers who eat their steaks well done with ketchup.

CCTelander
09-16-2019, 06:02 PM
This is why you don't trust teetotalers who eat their steaks well done with ketchup.

Only a philistine would eat steak well done. And with ketchup?!? We're doomed.

Anti Globalist
09-16-2019, 06:47 PM
So there're going to ban these products without going through congress first?

Grandmastersexsay
09-16-2019, 06:58 PM
Is there a hidden push by big tobacco to hurt vaping? There is more chance of lobbyists behind this than government actually trying to look out for their citizens, even with a heavy handed non freedom way.

Several tobacco companies got involved in making their own vaping products. I wonder if their intent all along was to make sure some people died from vaping. It's not like people are dying or getting sick from vaping juul, or from many other companies. Why don't we hear who made the vaping products these people used that got them sick?

I heard there was a report of too much vitamin e in some vaping juice that made all those people sick, not sure which brand. I also heard the deaths were caused by people using juice with synthetic marijuana in it posing as CBD vape juice. Why aren't these companies getting sued?

CCTelander
09-16-2019, 06:59 PM
So there're going to ban these products without going through congress first?

Congress shmongress. Who needs congress when we've got the Orange Emperor?

r3volution 3.0
09-16-2019, 07:46 PM
Congress shmongress. Who needs congress when we've got the Orange Emperor?

I remember GOPers going berserk, talking about impending martial law, etc, every time Obama did something by executive order.

And I haven't heard the old "pen and phone" meme in a while (in cold storage till next Dem Presidency).