PDA

View Full Version : A proposal: Revolutionary News

Matthew Zak
12-14-2007, 01:20 PM
This has been brought up before. I do not have the skills, time, or money to do this, but I am convinced that this idea could turn into something real and powerful. I don't want or need credit for it, I just want to see it happen.

An internet based News Company, like TMZ, only rather than focusing on Entertainment as TMZ does, we focus on REAL NEWS. Our networking skills have already manifested the paradigm that we ARE our own news source. People look at Ron Paulites as very resourceful, and independent from the mainstream as mentioned in this article: http://digg.com/world_news/The_New_Model_for_Revolution

Politicallore
12-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Already trying to do this with www.politicallore.com
I want to set up a video version....
I just need funds to buy a camera lol
Have enough people that would help me out...

IHaveaDream
12-14-2007, 01:24 PM
I agree. Conservatives and Liberals have their news sources. It's time for a "Libertarian" outlet.

Politicallore
12-14-2007, 01:24 PM
I would love to form a network... With everybody's help of course.

Bacon
12-14-2007, 01:56 PM
I'm very interested. I have a lot of experience and talent in web development/ design, and graphic design. I think this could be huge! Where do we start?

EvoPro
12-14-2007, 02:01 PM
We need Liberty News Network. There would have to be a system in place so that the company could never "sell out."

Dutch
12-14-2007, 02:04 PM
It could start with something as simple as a dedicated Youtube Channel...

Dutch

Ridiculous
12-14-2007, 02:06 PM
Just don't make it another infowars.com, or prisonplanet.com or it will have 0 credibility with most other press.

steph3n
12-14-2007, 02:07 PM
what about therealnews.com?

Matthew Zak
12-14-2007, 02:07 PM
I'm very interested. I have a lot of experience and talent in web development/ design, and graphic design. I think this could be huge! Where do we start?

I'm not sure I've never done anything like this. But if I had to use my imagination I would say that we use Meet Up to plan the initial stages. We get people on board as the initial designated "reporters" just to get us off the ground, and we use that footage, and those reports to showcase what real news is, as opposed to the bullshit we're fed on TV.

On our Main Page we have a "submit your news" option, where people can send us their reports (which we would verify of course as not to have spam advertised as news). It's basically open source, like an interactive wiki, so EVERYONE can contribute and after awhile we wouldn't need to rely on our initial "reporters".

I'm not sure what legal ramifications there would be such as needing to have people sign a release to use footage, or what, but those are kinks we can work out at a later time.

All I know is that TMZ went from non-existant, to the most cited entertainment news source in the world in a matter of months using a very similar format. Granted, they had a FEW people who were utterly obsessed about the project, slept little, and worked feverishly to be the FIRST to report things.

We need to find organized people who have a natural passion for delivering real news to every one. They need to understand the philosophy that news -- once reported through a biased and agenda-ridden corporate establishment who is in bed with the government -- is not news at all. In other words, for real news they come to us.

LibertyForAll
12-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Building on that idea, if we could organize an issue for people to download and make copies of, a Newspaper - type thing that can be handed out door-to-door, paper-boy delivery style, with the headline EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT! Get away from the traditional campaign-style literature, and have a Grass Roots Newspaper that is real-life, not just on the internet.

Matthew Zak
12-14-2007, 02:12 PM

I should have known! lol

I guess I'm a couple years behind.

Is this guy legit? He sounds kind of like an opportunist.

yoshimaroka
12-14-2007, 02:12 PM

Is biased; backed by globalist advocates

constituent
12-14-2007, 02:13 PM

freeme.tv and ronpaulnation.com if interested e-mail me:

ourinternet8305@sbcglobal.net

steph3n
12-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Is biased; backed by globalist advocates

ok, i don't know much about it, reason I was asking :)

Politaction
12-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Politaction (http://www.politaction.com) is a website to help promote social and economic freedom throughout the United States. At Politaction I hope to profile and publicize
individuals promoting the cause of freedom and liberty. I hope to help bring together advocates and activists for freedom and liberty, regardless
if they are Ron Paul Republicans, Libertarians, Constitutionalists, Republicans, or Democrats. Liberty needs all the help it can get these says.

I am looking for individuals who might want to help or volunteer to contribute article, help publicize, find information, pass along links, etc. to Politaction.
Politaction is a non-profit website. I currently do not even charge for advertising, I pay costs out of my own pocket.

Maybe you could send me a brief description, link, or video of you Ron Paul MeetUp groups activities.

Maybe you have a blog and you wrote great article for liberty or freedom, Ron Paul, the Libertarian Party, etc. and would like a link.

Maybe you are a liberty activist and could send me a link to your YouTube account.

Maybe you are a Ron Paul supporter who wants to help spread Ron Paul's message of liberty and freedom on the internet.

Matthew Zak
12-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Politaction (http://www.politaction.com) is a website to help promote social and economic freedom throughout the United States. At Politaction I hope to profile and publicize
individuals promoting the cause of freedom and liberty. I hope to help bring together advocates and activists for freedom and liberty, regardless
if they are Ron Paul Republicans, Libertarians, Constitutionalists, Republicans, or Democrats. Liberty needs all the help it can get these says.

I am looking for individuals who might want to help or volunteer to contribute article, help publicize, find information, pass along links, etc. to Politaction.
Politaction is a non-profit website. I currently do not even charge for advertising, I pay costs out of my own pocket.

Maybe you could send me a brief description, link, or video of you Ron Paul MeetUp groups activities.

Maybe you have a blog and you wrote great article for liberty or freedom, Ron Paul, the Libertarian Party, etc. and would like a link.

Maybe you are a liberty activist and could send me a link to your YouTube account.

Maybe you are a Ron Paul supporter who wants to help spread Ron Paul's message of liberty and freedom on the internet.

Perfect! Although biased towards Ron Paul. lol

Politaction
12-14-2007, 02:31 PM
Perfect! Although biased towards Ron Paul. lol

If anyone would like to help me out, please send me an e-mail at politaction@gmail.com.

I not only post Ron Paul articles I post articles about anything and everything freedom and liberty minded.

I cover the CATO Institute, Mises Institute, the Libertarian Party, Free State Project, Constitution Party, liberty activists, other liberty minded candidates, etc.

Matthew Zak
12-14-2007, 02:34 PM
If anyone would like to help me out, please send me an e-mail at politaction@gmail.com.

I not only post Ron Paul articles I post articles about anything and everything freedom and liberty minded.

I cover the CATO Institute, Mises Institute, the Libertarian Party, Free State Project, Constitution Party, liberty activists, other liberty minded candidates, etc.

It seems a little too focused on Libertarian causes and not so much the news. I was thinking more along the lines of a general news that covers everything. But your sight is certainly very good and I support the cause whole heartedly. :)

Ridiculous
12-14-2007, 02:34 PM
The most main stream site already like this is http://www.reason.com/ http://reason.tv/

Drew Cary is a contributor. Penn Jullete has been a columnist as well.

I subscribe to their print magazine. I think that they have opted against going all out for Paul. Although I wrote and editor about Paul and he wrote back saying that they have someone following the campaign and stories in the works.

Bacon
12-14-2007, 02:35 PM
I think the idea is to start from scratch on this project.. I think you're site is great Politaction, but we need a lot more functionality and a more clean GUI.

voytechs
12-14-2007, 02:40 PM
Sounds too dictatorial, communist.

Politaction
12-14-2007, 02:44 PM
I think the idea is to start from scratch on this project.. I think you're site is great Politaction, but we need a lot more functionality and a more clean GUI.

I would love to help out in anyway I can.

I agree that the proposal should be a lot better than my site, Politaction. I was just tossing out the idea of letting the grassroots take over Politaction because it was already up and running with freedom and liberty news and information.

I totally agree with this idea, which is why I created Politaction in the first place, and would love to help even with starting a project from scratch.

Matthew Zak
12-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Sounds too dictatorial, communist.

How so?

Politaction
12-14-2007, 03:26 PM
It seems a little too focused on Libertarian causes and not so much the news. I was thinking more along the lines of a general news that covers everything. But your sight is certainly very good and I support the cause whole heartedly. :)

Unfortunately if you are covering liberty and freedom, the Libertarian Party and Ron Paul Republicans are just about the only advocates for freedom and liberty. I would love to be able to cover the Democrat and the Republican parties a little more, but they have been a little lax in supporting liberty or freedom.

Matthew Zak
12-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Unfortunately if you are covering liberty and freedom, the Libertarian Party and Ron Paul Republicans are just about the only advocates for freedom and liberty. I would love to be able to cover the Democrat and the Republican parties a little more, but they have been a little lax in supporting liberty or freedom.

I agree with you. That's why I like your sight. But my idea is more general than that. Rather than focus on Liberty as a subject, I want to use Liberty as the tool.

Bacon
12-14-2007, 03:44 PM
I think we're off to a great start. Any ideas for a name?

Politaction
12-14-2007, 03:47 PM
I agree with you. That's why I like your sight. But my idea is more general than that. Rather than focus on Liberty as a subject, I want to use Liberty as the tool.

A more general political website is great, but what exactly do you mean using liberty as tool rather than the focus?

Bacon
12-14-2007, 04:31 PM
bump

literatim
12-14-2007, 04:38 PM
1. Needs a catchy name, 'politicallore' for example is an example of a bad name. This includes no generic names such as "Liberty News Network".
2. Needs infrastructure such as a high quality website with the ability of live and static video feed.

BillDayton
12-14-2007, 04:43 PM
NewsRepublic?

Matthew Zak
12-14-2007, 04:44 PM
A more general political website is great, but what exactly do you mean using liberty as tool rather than the focus?

I don't think it should focus strictly on politics. Yes politics is an important issue, but the whole subject matter is but ONE of a clusterf#%$ of matters that are skewed by the main stream media. I think there aught to be a "news" source that delivers ALL the news honestly, without propaganda, and without bias. I want to liberate the news it's self.

I don't want it to be a libertarian resource in an isolated libertarian area of the internet. That would only serve to isolate the "liberated" news to the libertarians who are looking for it.

I think it should be available to everyone.

literatim
12-14-2007, 04:45 PM
I don't think it should focus strictly on politics. Yes politics is an important issue, but the whole subject matter is but ONE of a clusterf#%$ of matters that are skewed by the main stream media. I think there aught to be a "news" source that delivers ALL the news honestly, without propaganda, and without bias. I want to liberate the news it's self.

I don't want it to be a libertarian resource in an isolated libertarian area of the internet. That would only serve to isolate the "liberated" news to the libertarians who are looking for it.

I think it should reach everyone.

I agree with him. If people wanted just political news, there are about a million vloggers and bloggers on the internet.

Matthew Zak
12-14-2007, 04:50 PM
-Cleareport
-Cleanews
-Integreport
-Brand News
-TruReport
-True Report
-TruNews
-True News
-RealReport
-The Real Report
-You News
-U-News
-Your news
-The Glass House
-Epiphanews

I could go on and on... anything here worth glancing at twice?

literatim
12-14-2007, 04:52 PM
R-evolve News or Network

Matthew Zak
12-14-2007, 04:52 PM
R-evolve News

Is that a 30 seconds to mars reference?

Matthew Zak
12-14-2007, 04:54 PM
R.U.N. -- Real Unadulterated News.

literatim
12-14-2007, 04:56 PM
Is that a 30 seconds to mars reference?

Haven't seen it.

steph3n
12-14-2007, 04:56 PM
what about raising funds to buy lnn.com and have the liberty news network?

BillDayton
12-14-2007, 05:00 PM
I must say that I like the sound of "Liberty News Network," or "NewsRepublic."

LibertyForAll
12-14-2007, 05:02 PM
My take is that the internet is becoming saturated. The time is getting short for getting the message out to the Rest of America, the ones who don't pore through websites. Out in the streets is where we should be looking, not at our computer screens.