PDA

View Full Version : I wish people would start connecting the dots ...

rgampell
12-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Here's what I wish the spokespeople (Trevor et al.) would say when interviewed about the Tea Party fundraising, the blimp fundraising, or whatever comes next:

THIS IS HOW AMERICA WILL WORK UNDER A RON PAUL PRESIDENCY. Quickly, efficiently, with a few hiccups, but doing what it takes to get the job done! Contrast this with big, centralized operations, like the Federal Government: i.e., slow, inefficient, with endless bickering, corruption, cronyism, etc.

It's such an obvious connection, but no one ever makes it. Let's start making it! Isn't this what "the Ron Paul r[EVOL]ution" means?

I can guarantee that if RP begins to break 10% and gets SERIOUS attention for the first time, the biggest criticism will NOT be that he's a racist, a kook, and so on. It will be: "I like the idea of free markets, but I actually WANT THE POOR, THE ELDERLY, AND THE UNINSURED TO GET THE HELP THEY NEED."

Our answer has to be: "Yes, so do we, and THIS IS HOW IT CAN TRULY GET DONE, FOR THE FIRST TIME."

We need to say, Why is is that people LOVE to give money to charity but DETEST paying taxes?? I think the answer is obvious: Money to charity goes WHERE IT WILL ACTUALLY DO SOME GOOD! And if a charity becomes corrupt (no names, but you know who), then some other charity gets the money instead. But much of our tax-money goes --- where? --- to big-government cronies via powerful lobbyists. This will never change as long as the central authority is huge, as it is now.

But like a charity, the Ron Paul campaign has its hand out, saying, This is what we want to do, please help us! And we wanted to help, so we did. Quickly and efficiently.

Imagine if it were up to us (i.e., actual Americans) to help the victims of Katrina, to help the uninsured get medical care, to help those who can't help themselves. Well, we-the-people want to provide for them, right? (See above: this is actually what almost everyone wants.) And since we're not up to our eyeballs in taxes, we have the money to get these problems taken care of. Quickly and efficiently --- compared to how it's done now, which is --- well, we all know the answer to that.

Some might counter with, "But people are selfish, you can't count on them to give," etc. To which the answer is: Wrong, they WILL and DO give! Right now they give by continually electing politicians who say they will tax us to solve all of these problems. If people were really selfish, they would be electing politicians who say, Screw everyone, let 'em starve, keep your money. And when is the last time this has happened??

People want a prosperous society. And RP supporters are offering a way to achieve it, by allowing MOST individuals to become TRULY PROSPEROUS, and then generous to the FEW who fail.

This is the real r[EVOL]ution.

T206
12-14-2007, 01:16 PM
Such a great point! +1...billion. :)

mosquitobite
12-14-2007, 01:20 PM
+10 *thumbs up*

john_anderson_ii
12-14-2007, 01:21 PM
Brilliant! I agree completely. The Ron Paul Revolution itself is proof and testament that freedom and faith in your fellow American works.

IHaveaDream
12-14-2007, 01:22 PM
Excellent!

NewEnd
12-14-2007, 01:25 PM
Why is the Paul campagin so much more successful than the Kucinich campaign?

Both are honest fellows. Both want out of Iraq pronto.

The difference is, one has folowers that hold the philosophy if you want change, you have to do it. The other has followers whose philosophy is somebody else should be carrying out their great ideas.

rgampell
12-14-2007, 01:26 PM
Feel free to email it to your friends. ;)

FreeTraveler
12-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Bump... for da' Blimp & da' rEVOLution!

freestyl24
12-14-2007, 01:30 PM
<>

quickmike
12-14-2007, 01:32 PM
Yes,

What you said.

FreeTraveler
12-14-2007, 01:34 PM
Can somebody MAKE SURE the OP gets to Trevor? This is one of the best statements I've seen of what goes on here, and he could steal from it liberally :D

Lucid American
12-14-2007, 01:38 PM
Remember the Ghandi quote, "Become the change you want to see in the world"?

Well, that's the Paul grassroots.

Anti Federalist
12-14-2007, 01:40 PM
Some might counter with, "But people are selfish, you can't count on them to give,"

And there is the problem with every top down, government mandated, "assistance" program.

We'll tell you what charity is and where it is applied.

Of course, there is no such thing as compulsory charity.

Calling it charity with a government gun pointed at your head is perverse and obscene.

Talldude1412
12-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Alz I'm gunna say is:

Hazza hazza hazza! lol

But right on my friend, we are the proof that our system works, gov't is the proof that the other system EPIC FAILs.

gerryb
12-14-2007, 11:10 PM
Why is the Paul campagin so much more successful than the Kucinich campaign?

Both are honest fellows. Both want out of Iraq pronto.

The difference is, one has folowers that hold the philosophy if you want change, you have to do it. The other has followers whose philosophy is somebody else should be carrying out their great ideas.

QFT

Cleaner44
12-14-2007, 11:18 PM
This is spot on.

areyou4real
12-14-2007, 11:24 PM
+1! Exactly.

beobeli
12-14-2007, 11:34 PM
I second all that's been said. Also the "spoke persons" need to steer the conversation toward political discussion to make Ron Paul points, to talk about what he stands for. We need to use little pressios air time for the message. Otherwise the reporters just go on with "was it hard to put the blimp up?", "is this your first time flying a blimp?". We need to be smart and turn the tables immediately.

But regardless of all of that, I want to tell you that you all make me proud to be your fellow citizen. It is a privilege being with you in this cause.

Thor
12-14-2007, 11:39 PM
well said... exactly.

Cleaner44
12-14-2007, 11:42 PM
This reminds me of a blog that I wrote, I will post it as a new thread.

"The Ron Paul Revolution is the free market in action"

Micahyah
12-14-2007, 11:58 PM
+1

Troyhand
12-15-2007, 12:30 AM
Fantastic points and something the campaign should definitely stress.

Oppression=Taxes
Freedom=Charity
Ron Paul R3voLution=Freedom

Well said.

PathIveMade
12-15-2007, 12:54 AM
well stated, and spot on.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-15-2007, 01:13 AM
Yep, I agree!