PDA

View Full Version : Making Dishwashers Great Again

Swordsmyth
09-06-2019, 02:51 PM
In my think-tank work in Washington, D.C., I witness the ongoing, heroic battles of Trump appointees trying to tame the weeds of the thoroughly entangled bureaucracy. So much time and so much work is required to make even the smallest progress in rolling back the behemoth.
Right now, for example, the rule solving the dishwasher crisis is opening for comment. Back in the 1970s and 80s dishwashers were an efficient product, cleaning the vestiges of last night’s dinner party off dishes and silverware in under an hour. Then regulations began, demanding less water be used, then less and less. The regulation specifically included a clause saying no later administration could roll it back.
As the water allowance shrinks, the dishes take longer and longer — two to three hours on average today. This great modern convenience has turned into a nuisance. The Trump people were committed to solve this problem, but how?

Here is the solution they came up with to try and outmaneuver the strictures of Bizarro World. First they ascertained that there were none of the old, fast washers in stock at any of the American manufacturers. Since there weren’t, they could now be reinvented. So the rule, now being moved through the comment process, says as follows: a new category will be recognized, under the heading “Fast Dishwashers,” defined as machines capable of completing a washing cycle in under 60 minutes.
The new category of “Fast Dishwashers” will not be subject to the restrictions extant on the plain vanilla category of “Dishwashers,” thus allowing them to use sufficient water to complete the load in an hour or less. After years of retreat from our inventions, we can now behave normally again — but only if we follow an abnormal yellow brick road that was paved back in the day when we thought Oz was really a Wizard and Sam was really an Uncle.

More at: https://spectator.org/making-dishwashers-great-again/

tod evans
09-06-2019, 03:15 PM
It wasn't the 1970's when dishwashers became inefficient...

https://cdn.theatlantic.com/assets/media/img/mt/2018/08/AP_070420017272/lead_720_405.jpg?mod=1535472523

TheTexan
09-06-2019, 03:19 PM
It wasn't the 1970's when dishwashers became inefficient...

https://cdn.theatlantic.com/assets/media/img/mt/2018/08/AP_070420017272/lead_720_405.jpg?mod=1535472523

When my dishwasher starts acting up, I find a belt usually fixes it.

tod evans
09-06-2019, 03:25 PM

Most of the time a good lube job will fix a squeaky agitator...

Danke
09-06-2019, 03:29 PM
A belt with lubrications? :confused:

Now you piqued @Suzanimal (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php[/email]?38380-Suzanimal) 's interest.

Anti Globalist
09-06-2019, 04:28 PM
My dishwasher is already great.

euphemia
09-06-2019, 05:12 PM
Do what we do: Wash dishes in the sink. Hardly any regulations.

Stratovarious
09-06-2019, 05:19 PM

But your dishwasher can vote, be careful.

Stratovarious
09-06-2019, 05:20 PM
Washing dishes will soon be outlawed in Ca.

TheTexan
09-06-2019, 05:21 PM
But your dishwasher can vote, be careful.

That can be fixed with duct tape.

Swordsmyth
09-06-2019, 05:21 PM
Washing dishes will soon be outlawed in Ca.
It's a relic of the white patriarchy.

Stratovarious
09-06-2019, 05:48 PM
It's a relic of the white patriarchy.
Yes it is, and where racism got it's first foothold, that and personal hygiene.
:frog:

Swordsmyth
09-06-2019, 05:49 PM
Yes it is, and where racism got it's first foothold, that and personal hygiene.
:frog:

Baths and showers must be banned to save the whales.

Stratovarious
09-06-2019, 05:51 PM
That can be fixed with duct tape.
Avoid Ace Hdwe brand, it gets gooey and tends to fall off.

Which reminds me;

Officer pulls man over on hwy;

Officer; Sir did you lose a passenger about two miles back ?

Driver; Oh my God officer, yes, that was my wife, thank goodness, I thought I was going deaf......

Stratovarious
09-06-2019, 05:55 PM
Baths and showers must be banned to save the whales.

But first they will make us wash our dishes in the 'gray water' from our showers, then we flush our toilets
with what's left, and of course they'll want us to filter that water and use it as drinking water ,
before drinking water can be fully banned.

ATruepatriot
09-06-2019, 06:12 PM
But first they will make us wash our dishes in the 'gray water' from our showers, then we flush our toilets
with what's left, and of course they'll want us to filter that water and use it as drinking water ,
before drinking water can be fully banned.

It's already happening. They are pissing on their dishes with rumoured as "sterile urine" in Frisco to clean them.

Stratovarious
09-06-2019, 06:17 PM
It's already happening. They are pissing on their dishes with rumoured as "sterile urine" in Frisco to clean them.

So trendy....,,, :frog:

ATruepatriot
09-06-2019, 06:20 PM
So trendy....,,, :frog:

Citiots...

Anti Federalist
09-06-2019, 06:45 PM

Plenty of regulations.

Fedgov fatwas decree how much water can pass through your faucet, how big your hot water heater can be, how hot it can make the water, it's mode of operation, how much pressure in the line is allowed, drain size, make and material...all this and more are under federal fatwa.

Anti Federalist
09-06-2019, 06:47 PM
Bash him all you want, on this, Trump is trying at least.

It's about time somebody pushed back against the regulatory ayatollahs.

brushfire
09-06-2019, 07:44 PM
The noise coming out of my dish washer usually subsides after the trash is taken out. That is, until she finds something else to carry on about.