PDA

View Full Version : How many YouTube views?

LastoftheMohicans
07-03-2007, 09:47 AM
On the official website, there are about 1.6M cumulative YouTube views. Obama supposedly has several million. But is there a way, other than page by page, to add up all of Ron Paul YouTube views (official and unofficial)?

paulitics
07-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Ron Paul completely annhilates Barack on youtube. I think someoned counted like 4 million total views in the aggregate and is probably closer to 5 million now. ANd, think about all of the deleted videos as well such as the appearance on the Daily Show. Barack released commercial like videos that youtube put on the front page for days. So of course his numbers are more inflated and superficial. If there is one place RP dominates it is youtube. All of this from a guy that is only 2% in the polls. I also read the comments and 90% are very positive.

paulitics
07-03-2007, 10:10 AM
One more thing. Whenever I search for videos on something, lets say Bush. Ron Paul pops up with "congressman slams Bush" with 92000 views. I was searching for music videos the other day,and Ron Paul pops up. The guy is ubiquitous as hell.

damijin
07-03-2007, 11:01 AM
Ron Paul has less than half the views of Obama on official Politician flagged YouTube accounts-

HOWEVER, Ron Paul has more than 2 times the number of subscribers and has only had an account for 3 months. Obama's account is more than 3 times as old as Paul's and he has been receiving significant MSM attention since November. I think they may account for JUST A LITTLE BIT.

cujothekitten
07-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Official Ron Paul videos are few and far between but as a whole he has more videos. They don't count the user-generated videos for the candidates.

iamso910
07-03-2007, 11:04 AM
I did some stats on youtube views a few weeks ago.

There are well over 3,000 videos focused on Ron Paul on Youtube with a positive slant. These videos had accumulated just over 9 million views. Would be over 10 million now.

In subscriptions, Ron Paul leads, ranked about the 47th most popular channel "all time"....no other candidate was in the top 100 last I checked. Obama was closest, probably rank 200 at that time.

Edit: Just checked and Ron Paul has raced to no.41 all time subscribers on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/members?s=ms&t=a&g=0&p=3

My guess is his channel will reach top 10 in the next few months, which should bring him a lot more visibility. I expect by end of year, aggregate vies for Ron Paul related videos (which are currently about 9 times more than views directly of his channel video views) will exceed 100 million.

Edit 2: Also consider, that most of the other candidate videos are flooded with pro Ron Paul comments. This will accumulate to massive exposure for the Ron Paul campaign....the type of exposure that is not being gathered in thread comments for other candidates.

paulitics
07-03-2007, 11:37 AM
10 million views? Holy cow. This has to be reaching mainstream penatration, yet only 2% . Can these be young liberals and independents age 40 and younger who will be voting in mass droves for RP. At this rate he will have 40 million viewers by Christmas.

iamso910
07-03-2007, 11:58 AM
10 million views? Holy cow. This has to be reaching mainstream penatration, yet only 2% . Can these be young liberals and independents age 40 and younger who will be voting in mass droves for RP. At this rate he will have 40 million viewers by Christmas.
Note, that of the 10 million views so far, this probably represents around 1 million unique viewers.

People like myself have probably viewed 100+ videos of Ron Paul.

But as he climbs to the front page (top 15) of all time channels, more and more unique visitors will get a taste of Ron Paul. By end of year, probably 5-10 million voters will have got a taste of Ron Paul via Youtube.

Just my guestimates. The feedback of tech savy determined supporters will be strong, but the Ron Paul campaign probably needs to raise $30 million for TV advertising to be make a real world impression that could get him the nomination.

For what it's worth, I think he has a fair chance....just depends on how many US voters have ears and minds to hear the truth.

paulitics
07-03-2007, 12:23 PM
Note, that of the 10 million views so far, this probably represents around 1 million unique viewers.

People like myself have probably viewed 100+ videos of Ron Paul.

But as he climbs to the front page (top 15) of all time channels, more and more unique visitors will get a taste of Ron Paul. By end of year, probably 5-10 million voters will have got a taste of Ron Paul via Youtube.

Just my guestimates. The feedback of tech savy determined supporters will be strong, but the Ron Paul campaign probably needs to raise $30 million for TV advertising to be make a real world impression that could get him the nomination.

For what it's worth, I think he has a fair chance....just depends on how many US voters have ears and minds to hear the truth.

True, the number of views indicate interest. Barack may have more viewers but less interest. So if the average person watches 10 videos of RP, than it is safe to assume there are 1 million unique viewers who are engaged. In a primary election, this means allot.

It will be interesting to know how much the campaign has raised as this will really give us a better idea of his true support. I wish they would just release the darn numbers already.